As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Alright, why do you think they will continue to attack people in the cabin instead of moving around? And do you think they will try to finish off retaba?

PSN SeGaTai
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Bliss makes a pretty good case for Iron Weasel. I think Baidol's suspicious for his vote, but IW is suspicious for his vote and his location.

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Alright, why do you think they will continue to attack people in the cabin instead of moving around? And do you think they will try to finish off retaba?

The security scanner can tell who specifically is in any room. I think it's the attackers objective to use it to call out hits.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Hmm... that's a tough choice between Baidol and Iron Weasel.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    Iron Weasel seams sound.

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Worth noting: Mill voted for kime as a relatively early throwaway. kime being kime, probably nothing.

I think I'm going to vote Baidol for now. Wasn't really a competing bandwagon, but for a while Bradicus was it, his vote was there, he's had a couple just vote posts with no justification, and those always bug me.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    'Member, friends, we don't got any idea about t'others, an' there are two missin' people in the cabin. Don't think that just because they was inactive, that they can't be t'other guys. Plenty of bodies will be inactive as t'other guys.

But that said, the map gives us some way of tellin' if a body is lyin', so I like it. Iron Weasel for now.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    That is, there's four bodies unaccounted for, and three of 'em were in the cabins. Megafrost says those four are Baidol, blahmcblah, Mikey CTS and Malkor. Some o'them were in the cabin too.

Baidol's name on that list is...significant. Whyn't you tell us where you was last night, @Baidol ?

Iron Weasel I suppose

PSN SeGaTai
    Mebbe this'll loosen your tongue, Baidol.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    For a day one vote, that looks like a very helpful vote record. Badiol had some decent analysis, so I'm going to let him slide for now.

Iron Weasel on the other hand...

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Iron Weasel for anti-turtle sentiments.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    This is kinda why I don't like sharing our locations; it enables the mafia to cast aspersions on villagers. I tried to be cheek by indicating where I started, but that seems to have back-fired. For the record, I had moved to Engineering before Retaba was attacked. I'm a Researcher, same as poor Gandalf.

I know everyone says this, but sending me to the reactor will only help the mafia.

For my part: Baidol, who I think has the next most votes.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Vote close in less than 5 hours.

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    This is kinda why I don't like sharing our locations; it enables the mafia to cast aspersions on villagers. I tried to be cheek by indicating where I started, but that seems to have back-fired. For the record, I had moved to Engineering before Retaba was attacked. I'm a Researcher, same as poor Gandalf.

I know everyone says this, but sending me to the reactor will only help the mafia.

Movement is last in the order of operations. If you started in the cabin, your actions happened in the cabin regardless of where you moved.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Whoo. Had a long day today Warmahording it up in the Journeyman league.

Let me catchup from last night's narration and see what's going on.

Also, I was in the cabin.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    Megafrost wrote: »

Movement is last in the order of operations. If you started in the cabin, your actions happened in the cabin regardless of where you moved.
    You're completely right; I got the order of actions mixed up.
    But I didn't attack Retaba or anyone else.

Currently Playing:
    I have to say, this wagon against IW has moved along a bit too smoothly for my tastes.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I'm concerned about this too.

MSL59.jpg
    edited January 2013
    Thinking more about Megafrost's post above, it occurs to me that not only do I need to pay closer attention to mechanics, but that the order of actions makes reporting location even less useful than I originally feared: It's very easy to attack another player, then slip into another part of the ship, and report with complete honesty that you were in a different area than the victim.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Thinking more about Megafrost's post above, it occurs to me that not only do I need to pay closer attention to mechanics, but that the order of actions makes reporting location even less useful than I originally feared: It's very easy to attack another player, then slip into another part of the ship, and report with complete honesty that you were in a different area than the victim.
    As long as you had been consistently reporting your location, we already knew that you were collocated with the victim.

And if you're lying about location, it's relatively easy to find out.

And if you're not, we'll find you.

Report your location.

jdarksun on
    True, but the map tells us how many people are/were in each location.

Mafia might lie about where they were but if they are the only ones lying it should be notable.

this means people need to post locations during witching hour so mafia can't blend in with the dead

PSN SeGaTai
    Hmm, ok those are good points, jdark and SeGa. I hadn't considered the fact that we can compare the before/after maps.

Currently Playing:
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I have to say, this wagon against IW has moved along a bit too smoothly for my tastes.

I'm never sure whether comments like this are genuine, or the beginning of the mafia pushback. Probably sometimes one and sometimes the other, eh?

GrimmyTOA wrote: »

I'm never sure whether comments like this are genuine, or the beginning of the mafia pushback. Probably sometimes one and sometimes the other, eh?
    It's genuine.

I'm innocent, remember?

Currently Playing:
    Switching to Baidol.

- Terence McKenna
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

It's genuine.

I'm innocent, remember?

Clearly.

Anyway, more information for the rest of you.

There are, apparently, a pair of "neutrals" on the ship whose mission it is to murder each other and then survive the rest of the game. They claim to track people, and, if in the same room as the target, learn role but not alignment. They claim to have a four-damage weapon plus a bomb.

No, I am not either of the spies. One of them contacted me to ask for help finding the other. Be on the lookout for other such sidegame claims going on.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    jdarksun wrote: »
    @Megafrost you have a vote count? want things interesting going into the home stretch.

Sorry, not at this time. Been busy all day.

edited January 2013
    Baidol wrote: »

It's genuine.

I'm innocent, remember?

Clearly.
    Look, I don't have the money with me.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    After having a conversation with him and reviewing the discussion, I'm more willing to believe Weasel just misunderstood the mechanics.

So I'm putting my vote behind Baidol.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

And this is a good way to post without saying anything actually helpful. This statement has the premise that there is a coordinated effort amongst recent votes to save someone. It implicitly states a suspicious that these people may be mafia, but does not actually accuse anyone and absolves the poster of going through the effort to try decide which voters are the suspicious ones.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Baidol made a point of stopping a wagon on trv to do the BradicusMaximus vote.

If he was mafia, he would just have voted for trv. Instead he prompted more discussion.

I don't think he's bad. Look at the people voting for trv in the slew of mill votes before Baidol even posted

I got a moment to catch up on the vote count. Here's what I have:

Day 2 vote count:

Iron Weasel: 6 (Bliss 101, GrimmyTOA, Kilnaga, Bertezbertez, Invictus, SeGaTai, Capfalcon, Anialos)
    Baidol: 6 (GrimmyTOA, Heffling, Enlightenedbum, Invictus, Iron Weasel, Kilnaga, Mikey CTS)
    bertezbertez: 1 (Anialos, TheRoadVirus)
    Kilnaga: 1 (Baidol)

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I guess IW is a sure bet, but I'm putting my vote on Kilnaga tonight.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    Baidol wrote: »

And this is a good way to post without saying anything actually helpful. This statement has the premise that there is a coordinated effort amongst recent votes to save someone. It implicitly states a suspicious that these people may be mafia, but does not actually accuse anyone and absolves the poster of going through the effort to try decide which voters are the suspicious ones.
    I understood Kilnaga's premise to be that there's a coordinated effort to kill someone (me).

Also, try not to get too bent out of shape over this kind of thing. From what I've seen, people go with their gut all the time, especially in the early days when intel is thin.

Currently Playing:
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Malkor wrote: »

The vote is literally tied right now

Malkor wrote: »

A sure bet? The vote is currently tied.

What the turtle said.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Oh. I counted wrong.

Iron Weasel

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg