As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    FT accepts Google redirects

NYT requires a cookie clear

aRkpc.gif
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    One of them posted it on facebook. I love the responses.

"Lawyer up"
    "Lawyer up then guards"
    "Guards"
    "Call into [local radio station] and tell them what happened so they're shamed on air!"

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    a gay couple who are friends of a friend got attacked by shop security for kissing in a store last night

yay tolerance

yay lawsuit?

If their side of the story is true, hopefully.
    a gay couple who are friends of a friend got attacked by shop security for kissing in a store last night

yay tolerance
    what the fuck? Are they ok?

Apparently one of them has cuts and bruises all over his neck, the other was just pushed away.
    Their neck? Jesus, glad to hear they aren't seriously hurt. That shop better get all the lawsuits.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I have several friends who have problems with alcohol. The biggest hurdle for them is impulse control. If they can keep that under control, they're usually fine. Break it though, and they immediately fall back into a cycle (habit) until they crash again.

willpower is a finite resource, from what I understand

or put another way, you only have so many Nos per day

so it gets harder to say no in the evening, typically

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Well, it made a good excuse to use when I got down to shaving only once a week cause of laziness.

"No no. If I shave it any more frequently, I'll end up having to shave every day. Cause of the extra growth. It's science!"

That sounds much better than "I'm lazy and shaving is a 10 minute pain in the ass. Time I could use to check Facebook in the morning."

cptrugged on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Good morning, [chat].

First day in the new house. I like my room setup a lot. Mostly because one wall is almost entirely flat panel screens. I suppose the other walls will need scrublord posters or something.

Psn:wazukki
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    although a lot of the comments are "why are they flaring this gas we should be using it here!" and i want to scream

919UOwT.png
    My friends were suggesting another friend of ours should shave every day, even if they didn't have to, in order to get decent facial hair. Pretty L2SCIENCE to me.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Guys what is the best 1 TB plug and play portable external harddrive for under $100

GO

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    wazilla wrote: »
    Good morning, [chat].

First day in the new house. I like my room setup a lot. Mostly because one wall is almost entirely flat panel screens. I suppose the other walls will need scrublord posters or something.

did you do anything thirty-five minutes ago

aRkpc.gif
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    oh hey 9th anniversary

poo
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Guys what is the best 1 TB plug and play portable external harddrive for under $100

GO

your mom

ftOqU21.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    My facial hair grows pretty fast. And it's like wire wool, so it's unacceptable for when ladies need kissing. Which is all the damn time.

Being pretty is a curse.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule

GO

shell out for the 2TB

aRkpc.gif
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Ronya wins with the correct strategy for bypassing walls of many kinds.

Bless your heart.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Severe case of the mondays. I'm gonna take a small nap.

ftOqU21.png

GO

ur mom

919UOwT.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

GO

The cheapest one made by a semi-respectable brand.

there's a trick that works with economist.com too, but I can't remember what it is because I have a subscription for it

aRkpc.gif
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

GO

A Hitachi... metal. Thing. With the blue glowy on the side.

Oh brilliant
    I have several friends who have problems with alcohol. The biggest hurdle for them is impulse control. If they can keep that under control, they're usually fine. Break it though, and they immediately fall back into a cycle (habit) until they crash again.

I carry over no's. Stuff like putting notes on the fridge with a list of all my excuses and a note saying "are these really good enough?"

"risk aversion and intertemporal preferences change with realized wealth" is a p good way of capturing stylized facts wrt large-scale poverty

aRkpc.gif
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Should I start Arcanum or Septerra Core next?

GO

A Hitachi... metal. Thing. With the blue glowy on the side.
    As we all know, more blue glowy = more Hertz.

2TB is the ideal price point now, for real

the only remaining questions are whether you want usb3/eSATA/thunderbolt/firewire/network with your hard drive

aRkpc.gif
    oh my god one of my coworkers is so dumb

so

dumbbbbbbb

919UOwT.png
    Gooey wrote: »

so

dumbbbbbbb
    Share your dumb.

Gooey wrote: »

so

dumbbbbbbb
    Share your dumb.

alas, i cannot. the SEC forbids it.

919UOwT.png
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Should I start Arcanum or Septerra Core next?

Septerra core was cute. Very jrpgish, but basically up your alley I think.

Arcunum was a bunch of interesting ideas trapped in kinda a bad game IMO.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ronya i misread your post as "recapturing stylized farts"

please tell me how to do so

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

the most important willpower you can exert is to not be in a position where you have to turn down drink after drink, for example

no matter how much fun that party is

(this is assuming an Issue not just like they need to take some time away from drinking type thing)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    ronya i misread your post as "recapturing stylized farts"

please tell me how to do so

flatulist + cigarette lighter

aRkpc.gif
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    man I am wiped, but I have to hold out until the fiancee is awake cant leave the little one to his own devices, this is a face made for trouble

155061_4383704874660_1791861141_n.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

who actually fills a 1TB hard drive?

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Guys what is the best 1 TB plug

GO

woah, you probably don't want to start with a plug that size. maybe 500 GB until you know what you like

use plenty of write caching. like, you can never have too much write caching. and if you start to fragment, just back off for a minute

lastly, nobody likes to talk about buffer overflow, but it can happen and it's not the end of the world

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    2TB is the ideal price point now, for real

the only remaining questions are whether you want usb3/eSATA/thunderbolt/firewire/network with your hard drive

Uhm firewire would be best methinks

I don't know too much about thunderbolt
    TTODewback wrote: »

Seagate lookin good

Why should I be shelling out for 2 TB? I am on thin shelling out ice right now :(

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

who actually fills a 1TB hard drive?

whole disk backups!

aRkpc.gif
    or, like, movies. Those chomp through space.

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.