As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    How does the UK manage to fit so many accents into such a small area?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I've filled several hard drives, both internal and external, through movies, music, Steam and backups thereof.

• Options
    guys guys guys

I beat my time for running 5k

by that I mean I ran 5k for the first time ever today

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    My God, was Gunnerkrigg Court always this boring?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I bought these drives when I put together my little network storage device:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XW44QY

They are fast and have a fantastic warranty compared to most other hard drives. The downside is they cost almost twice as much.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    My God, was Gunnerkrigg Court always this boring?

Not always. no.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    there was a horrid smell on the subway and i'm pretty sure it wasn't a homeless man but this chubby grungy looking teenager playing angry birds on his phone i think it was him who smelled like poop

poo
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I think a long time friend of mine may be a compulsive liar. Its never about anything meaningful. Usually just some embellishments on actual true stories. But his embellishments and tall tales have started to get a bit more noticeable recently. I hope this doesn't start heading into things that actually matter.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    guys guys guys

the hardest time to beat

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Jesus.

My mother and sister were in a landrover which rolled down a bank. They're fine, albeit shaken up, but the car is a complete write off.

Apparently from the damage it's a miracle they're alive.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    you guys are making me paranoid that my 2tb is gonna die

i have the crucial stuff saved in a 750gb ext but still

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    guys guys guys

Congratulations! what's your goal?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    guys guys guys

Not be a disgusting fatty anymore.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    Jesus.

My mother and sister were in a landrover which rolled down a bank. They're fine, albeit shaken up, but the car is a complete write off.

Apparently from the damage it's a miracle they're alive.

Damn :( Glad to hear they were uninjured.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

Backups for backups for backups for backups

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

who actually fills a 1TB hard drive?

I've filled several. When I get a DVD or Blu-ray disc, it is removed from its package, ripped, and then placed back in its package, never to be touched again. Optical media is for the chumpiest chumps.

I've thought about doing this so many times

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    guys guys guys

I think that is pretty much everyone's goal that isn't some skinny douche.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    guys guys guys

My goal is to eat some pizza

• Options
    but when I started going to the gym six months ago, I couldn't do 1k

it was weird having the album I was listening to finish before I stopped running

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    @deebaser

sherry18thold_9_12.jpg

$95 million
    $60,000/month maintenance

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    guys guys guys

If you're able to run a 5k you're probably on the right track. Keep it up!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Original piece by her:

http://www.nrk.no/ytring/robotrabalder-1.10877994
    Robot uproar
    Last weekend I went out on a stage for the first time in three years. I got up. I stood. I went. Using a robot. This created strong reactions, writes Birgit Røkkum Skarstein from "Without Limits."*

The crowd at the Sports Gala applauded, both for the technology has come so far, but also because we conducted such a stunt with a large audience. That brought back memories and evoked tears from friends, family and acquaintances.

Meanwhile it was raging in the disability movement, and in social media there was a war of words. Shouts and cheers were criticized as hallelujah gestures and I was criticized for not accepting my own fate.

What is it about walking that is either completely fantastic or completely terrible?

"Whose wheelchair is it?"
    Last summer I took the train from Oslo to Åndalsnes, a trip of just under seven hours: I was going to be working on the train, and ordered a comfort class ticket, because of the socket. I jump on my ass up the stairs into the carriage, and a random helps lift the wheelchair.

Inside, sliding on the floor I approached the seat, and lift myself up. After departure the conductor comes into the cart. He crosses his arms over his chest and looks brusquely at the passengers. "Whose wheelchair is standing in the hallway?" He does not wait for an answer. "Is it yours?" He pointed at a random traveler. "No, no, it's not mine!" Is the answer. "Alright, is it yours?" He pointed at the next person, which also can confirm that it isn't his.**

I reach up a hand and say that it is my wheelchair standing in the hallway. "Yes, sir," he says, looking at me. "Can you look to move it to the wagon?" My answer is that I have it with me just because I have some problems with it, and asks if he can help me. No, it's not his job, I get to answer. Moreover, disabled people sit in the cart behind.

Yes, sir, I think. "Is it trappefri access the cart behind?" No, it's not. "Is that outlet back there?" No, it's not. "But disabled people to sit in the cart behind." So that I will not sit in the cart with electrical outlets to work, because I belong to a group that will sit in the cart behind. He does not understand the problem. For me this is discrimination and båstenkning of the worst class. But I do not think it is of ill will - and just what frightens me.

Å gå med robotbein
    When I go on TV with robot legs are forces in motion handicap afraid that I will destroy the work to sit in the same train car as other mortals. They are afraid that I will send a signal that society does not need to adapt to individuals, since the only individuals can adapt to society.

Last time I was on Skavlan*** in Sweden received editorial criticism that I sat in a regular chair. It could be seen as a betrayal that I should not sit in the chair. I fully understand that there are hurt feelings associated with both having a disability, and that it burned a lot of energy to obtain rights in society.

But I believe that there need not be any contradiction between building on the work of an equal society and simultaneously push the limits of what is physically possible for the individual. It's about having two thoughts simultaneously, and work on both the individual and structural levels.

It is good that some say from. But when you do that it must happen at the right time. We need someone to tell, and that creates equality debate when challenged. But it must be focused on the important matches.

Regardless whether you go or not, it is essential that they are equal, and that everyone should have the opportunity to participate as an equal part of society. I want to push myself to be an integral part of our society. I want to use my resources for the common good. But society must also let me use the resources I have. Such is not the case today.

We live in a society that discriminates - not of ill will, but of ignorance. When I get to sit in the train car with sockets, when I can not use the tram from outside the apartment where I live, and when it is debated whether the houses of the future will be built in such a way that I should get into the bathroom, I think that "no, today's society is not equal. "

It is not in our reflex to include everyone. But we can do something about.

We all have the ability to exclude. But when we do, it is often not of ill will. There is also a lack of knowledge and experience. I also sat on the other side of the table, as air. I know that no one put a staircase in front of the entrance to my local grocery store for being mean to those in wheelchairs.

But it does not help me when I am there to shop.

I am glad that we are taking the debate on disability and identity, but it has to get something out of it. We need talented citizens who react with spinal reflex to promote a society we can all be an equal part.

There is no more appropriate to go than to roll. It is possible to both test new equipment and continue to work for a society for all.

But complete equality will result only when we all manage to both respect individual choices while we are able to see the value of the individual - whether it rolls or walking.

This last one now (The kronikk)
    http://www.nrk.no/ytring/funksjonshemmedes-paradoks-1.10889187

* Uten Grenser, a show where our resident mountain man takes a group of 16 people with various disabilities on a 300km hike

**this is where I got sick of fixing google translate's shit

***NRK talk show, popular in both Sweden and Norway.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

That show makes me want to stab everyone involved.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

Better question is how the US manages to have so few.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

That show makes me want to stab everyone involved.

that show is awesome and you are just a gorilla

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Alright how awesome is that Norwegian dude's haircut

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I want to draft some Gatecrash.

Mehhh

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    My dialect is all you need to identify where I grew up with 10 kilometres of accuracy

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    guys guys guys

My goal is to eat some pizza

Thus the eternal loop continues.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Television.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

I've only ever had one drive fail on me in ~20 years of using desktops. It was a Seagate 1tb external that was wonky from the start, and fortunately lasted long enough once I realized it was dying for me to get my stuff off it. I have two 250gb drives in my current desktop that I've been using since 2002.

So, you know, don't worry really.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »

eeeeeeeh. I've seen better variants of it.

But it's getting popular

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    For the diversity part of my performance factors I want to put "Treats everyone equally except for French Canadians."

Bless your heart.
  • Options

It's the "Ok shave the sides first so I can see what I'd look like with a mohawk... whoops the power went out and I have to be somewhere" look.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    My dialect is all you need to identify where I grew up with 10 kilometres of accuracy

Nor...way?

• Options
    edited January 2013

It's the "Ok shave the sides first so I can see what I'd look like with a mohawk... whoops the power went out and I have to be somewhere" look.

I thought it was like a medical duo and that guy just had brain surgery or something to remove a tumor.
    Edit: Or he just finished cosplaying a human Sonic the Hedgehog

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Thanks gooey. We were looking at houses yesterday and the 11k annual taxes in Nassau made me want to shit myself.

Floor plan pron puts that into perspectice

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular

The US wasn't even 100 years old before we started rolling out train lines everywhere and mass transit happened, is my guess. It takes time and some measure of isolation for people to really get good at talkin' funny.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Every time a Brit speaks, I mentally shift the accent to Dick Van Dyke's in Mary Poppins. So they all sound the same to me.

This discussion has been closed.