As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Alright how awesome is that Norwegian dude's haircut

I think I played as him in Street Fighter once

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    a t-shirt

a long-sleeved shirt

a sweater over that

and a winter coat over that

being ill in winter is great :|

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @Shazkar shadowstorm I like your new avatar. It is p totes adorbz.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    How does the UK manage to fit so many accents into such a small area?

Better question is how the US manages to have so few.

The US wasn't even 100 years old before we started rolling out train lines everywhere and mass transit happened, is my guess. It takes time and some measure of isolation for people to really get good at talkin' funny.

It's regressing, too. They did a study, recording West Texas accents ~40 years ago, people reading off a prepared script, and then last year people in the same area reading the same prepared script, and there's an extremely noticeable loss of the Texas drawl from 40 years ago. We're becoming homogenized.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

It's the "Ok shave the sides first so I can see what I'd look like with a mohawk... whoops the power went out and I have to be somewhere" look.

I had every single platter drive I own, including the backup drives, die within a span of three weeks. I had to use ice packs to keep the ones that could at least power on and mount running long enough to pull enough stuff off. For two different large drives, I had to cobble together my files from the original and the backup. I gave up on a lot of my ripped media and resigned to reripping. I lost a bunch of family photos. I was extremely unhappy.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Goddammit

This 80mm fan is too small

So I guess there is a size in between 80mm and 120mm after all.

On the plus side I found the season one boxset of Home Movies under my bed.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    http://p3.no/popsalongen/files/2011/03/lars-vaular.jpg

this dude named the haircut or atleast the current trend.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    fuck bitches eat pizza

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

The US wasn't even 100 years old before we started rolling out train lines everywhere and mass transit happened, is my guess. It takes time and some measure of isolation for people to really get good at talkin' funny.

It's regressing, too. They did a study, recording West Texas accents ~40 years ago, people reading off a prepared script, and then last year people in the same area reading the same prepared script, and there's an extremely noticeable loss of the Texas drawl from 40 years ago. We're becoming homogenized.

Can't wait until we all speak Common; a mix of English, Mandarin, Spanish, and whatever Scheck speaks l0l

• Options
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    http://p3.no/popsalongen/files/2011/03/lars-vaular.jpg

this dude named the haircut or atleast the current trend.
    He vaguely reminds me of House.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    So [chat] here's what I need a solution for.

Currently I have my TV and set top box in one room, and my computer in my bedroom. I don't have room for my TV in the bedroom even if I wanted to move it and I'd prefer to leave it there anyway, I also don't want to spend 12 bucks a month to get another HD box from my cable company so I can watch TV on my computer. The only thing I've been able to find intended to fix this solution that actually supports HD is the slingbox 500, which is way more than I want to spend to fix this trivial issue. Pretty much anytime I'd want to be watching it on my computer it would't be in use in the other room, so I'd like to think there's some kind of splitter-like solution. Running HDMI from the cable box to my bedroom would be pretty trivial, and the set top box can be controlled remotely from my ipad, so all I'd need is some way of splitting the signal out to both the TV and the run to my computer and if necessary remotely switching. Anybody know of anything like that or even a complete box that'll make whatever input it has available on my network, doesn't need to support shooting out over the web, I can just remote if I ever want that.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Goddammit

I never found my credit card this weekend but looking for it I found my ipod!

sig.gif
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Can't wait until we all speak Common; a mix of English, Mandarin, Spanish, and whatever Scheck speaks l0l

"That gibberish he talked was city speak, gutter talk. A mishmash of Japanese, Spanish, German, what have you. I didn't really need a translator, I knew the lingo, every good cop did."

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @Shazkar shadowstorm I like your new avatar. It is p totes adorbz.

bishes love it

poo
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

It's the "Ok shave the sides first so I can see what I'd look like with a mohawk... whoops the power went out and I have to be somewhere" look.

I had every single platter drive I own, including the backup drives, die within a span of three weeks. I had to use ice packs to keep the ones that could at least power on and mount running long enough to pull enough stuff off. For two different large drives, I had to cobble together my files from the original and the backup. I gave up on a lot of my ripped media and resigned to reripping. I lost a bunch of family photos. I was extremely unhappy.

Power surge? That's nuts either way.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Goddammit

Interesting, 92mm is I think the next most common, but those are pretty much the two standard ones.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicultural_London_English

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Power surge? That's nuts either way.

I don't think it was a power surge because a lot of the drives were not plugged in or powered on as they were externals. Also, I am not sure how I quoted the wrong post of yours.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    6Uy4QtS.jpg

poo
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    random pieces of news:

The security guard at the gate of the facility that was attacked in Algerie is becoming something of a national hero there. Which he damn well should.

The terrorists came up to the gate where he sat - unarmed - and demanded he open the gate.

He did not. Instead, he sounded the alarm, which meant that many of the many hundred employees there managed to either escape or hide. He got shot in the head immediately after hitting the alarm.

and in other news:

dv6blX_sx3bUp4qBnyjiNgrKRIjavu-tvRB5zOkkhGuw.jpg

whoops.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    As I sit here willing the 50 odd minutes left of the work day to just pass already I realise that if I had a time skipping remote like in "click" I would end up exactly like Adam Sandler did.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    So [chat] here's what I need a solution for.

Currently I have my TV and set top box in one room, and my computer in my bedroom. I don't have room for my TV in the bedroom even if I wanted to move it and I'd prefer to leave it there anyway, I also don't want to spend 12 bucks a month to get another HD box from my cable company so I can watch TV on my computer. The only thing I've been able to find intended to fix this solution that actually supports HD is the slingbox 500, which is way more than I want to spend to fix this trivial issue. Pretty much anytime I'd want to be watching it on my computer it would't be in use in the other room, so I'd like to think there's some kind of splitter-like solution. Running HDMI from the cable box to my bedroom would be pretty trivial, and the set top box can be controlled remotely from my ipad, so all I'd need is some way of splitting the signal out to both the TV and the run to my computer and if necessary remotely switching. Anybody know of anything like that or even a complete box that'll make whatever input it has available on my network, doesn't need to support shooting out over the web, I can just remote if I ever want that.

If running HDMI cable isn't a problem, pick up an HDMI splitter. That one's about $25.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    What the shit is mint.com doing. It's showing me duplicate for almost all my charges to my bank account.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Single people pay a disproportionate share of taxes to the federal government to subsidize my breeding

Thank you single people

Now, back in the hole with you

I slept until 11:30 Sunday morning.

Yes, I understand this is a common problem given how dark it gets in the hole.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    if asking if a fictional character was aborted as a fetus so they couldn't stop a wizard from taking over a fictional world is your number one reason to not support abortion

you probably should have been aborted

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    if asking if a fictional character was aborted as a fetus so they couldn't stop a wizard from taking over a fictional world is your number one reason to not support abortion

Plus it means she believes in witchcraft and wizardry, which is 100% a super-sin in the Bible.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

If Mrs. Galt had had an abortion, who would've led the capitalist strike against moochers and looters?

• Options

oh i kinda thought she was making a satirical protest sign

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    But if Mrs Riddle had been allowed an abortion then she would have saved countless lives!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

it's possible

• Options

irrelevant!

because Neville Longbottom

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

Or to flip it on its head, "if Hitler's mother had an abortion, who would have killed all those Jews?"

#Godwin

• Options

irrelevant!

i haven't read the books :(

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

Or to flip it on its head, "if Hitler's mother had an abortion, who would have killed all those Jews?"

#Godwin

oh

my

god

*makes sign, joins rally*

• Options

irrelevant!

i haven't read the books :(

then I guess all there is to do is lie down in the street and wait for the end to come, then

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

It really does make you think though right

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I ate pecans/almonds/coconut milk/an egg/touch of cinnamon all blended together for breakfast

very tasty. like oatmeal just no oats. recipe called for half a banana but I forgot to put it in.

blend, heat, add coconut milk to taste (mine got very dried so I had to add to it)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    oh my god fuck youuuu hunting and fishing assosciation

the name contests for our new wolves - we know where all of them are - "disneyfies" wild dangerous animals

urgh, you suck, dude.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I ate pecans/almonds/coconut milk/an egg/touch of cinnamon all blended together for breakfast

very tasty. like oatmeal just no oats. recipe called for half a banana but I forgot to put it in.

blend, heat, add coconut milk to taste (mine got very dried so I had to add to it)

recipe please

This discussion has been closed.