As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    oh my god fuck youuuu hunting and fishing assosciation

the name contests for our new wolves - we know where all of them are - "disneyfies" wild dangerous animals

urgh, you suck, dude.

What?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    if asking if a fictional character was aborted as a fetus so they couldn't stop a wizard from taking over a fictional world is your number one reason to not support abortion

you probably should have been aborted
    If pink-haired tigresses existed...

...I probably still wouldn't take maternity advice from them.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    as a reply to them being so worried that i'll be so hard to kill a wolf called Harald or Sonja, the leader of Naturvernforbundet suggested that they simply enter names like, Death & Depravity or Plague & Cholera, and see how that fares in the contest.

Also they criticized the media for covering the contest saying that it's taking a side in the inflamed predator debate to which head of the NRK replied bullshit, the storting says there's gonna be wolves in norway and that this new wolf pair is such an uncontroversial case that it is entirely problematic to celebrate it a bit. Which is a nice way of saying "dude like, no-one agrees with you. I mean we're supposed to be politically impartial but that's not a problem when there really isn't any parties of note to the debate.

I'm saying you're irrelevant."

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    The sad truth is that no one is so important that a world altering event, good or bad, couldn't conceivably happen without them. So its kind of a bullshit argument to suggest we'd have a cancer cure by now if only we hadn't aborted the baby that would grow up to be the scientist that cracks it.

Anyone who thinks like that needs to get their head out of wonderland and back to reality.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I ate pecans/almonds/coconut milk/an egg/touch of cinnamon all blended together for breakfast

very tasty. like oatmeal just no oats. recipe called for half a banana but I forgot to put it in.

blend, heat, add coconut milk to taste (mine got very dried so I had to add to it)

recipe please

half cup of the almonds and half cup of pecans, half a banana, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk (no reason you couldn't just use real milk but this particular recipe book avoids milk). Egg is optional.

put it in a blender or food processor (I kept going til it was pretty smooth but you can stop earlier for a crunchier/chunkier meal), then heat, then add more milk for consistency/temperature/taste as desired.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »

the name contests for our new wolves - we know where all of them are - "disneyfies" wild dangerous animals

urgh, you suck, dude.

What?

A wolf pair has taken up residence in the oslo march, and now there's a contest to name them.

the hunting and fishing assosciation, who for some weird reason has a huge hard-on for killing wolves, is against this

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular

urgh, you suck, dude.
    Pictured here, the two wolves, named Fluffmaster J and Nosey Cuddlekins III, are seen fighting over the corpse of the as yet unidentified man.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    The sad truth is that no one is so important that a world altering event, good or bad, couldn't conceivably happen without them. So its kind of a bullshit argument to suggest we'd have a cancer cure by now if only we hadn't aborted the baby that would grow up to be the scientist that cracks it.

Anyone who thinks like that needs to get their head out of wonderland and back to reality.
    If JK Rowling had been aborted, who would've written Harry Potter?

An infinite number of monkeys?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    if [some woman] had an abortion instead of having the baby back in [a year beetween yesteryear and the dawn of abortion] then we'd have the discoverer of the cure for all cancer instead of another crap parent

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    someone being aborted possibly changes the world just as much as someone not being aborted.

Anyway the butterfly effect is a very very bad argument against abortion.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    someone being aborted possibly changes the world just as much as someone not being aborted.

I really like how it assume predestination while also simultaneously acknowledging that our actions change things.

That's some fine doublethink there.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Reading the suggestions is fun.

I liked the one that suggested Mette Ulven (Mette the wolf) for mommy wolf, because he knew a girl with that name that was lovely.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »

Even if we were to qualify the harry potter books as a world altering event, the concept at its basic level has been done before. Ain't nothing new under the sun ect.

Also how do we know there wasn't another author six months or ten years or whatever behind her with a nearly identical book that they would have written and published if she hadn't?

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

urgh, you suck, dude.

What?

A wolf pair has taken up residence in the oslo march, and now there's a contest to name them.

the hunting and fishing assosciation, who for some weird reason has a huge hard-on for killing wolves, is against this
    Are the wolves actually dangerous to humans? I mean on a is anyone likely to be attacked level, not do wolves have big teeth y/n level.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I really wish this freemind software would allow me to link to a folder instead of individual documents.

• Options

I really like how it assume predestination while also simultaneously acknowledging that our actions change things.

Determinism in christianity makes a whole lot more sense than the alternative.

I mean at the very least it's a "can god make a rock so heavy he can't lift it" kind of situation.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

urgh, you suck, dude.

What?

Are the wolves actually dangerous to humans? I mean on a is anyone likely to be attacked level, not do wolves have big teeth y/n level.

not even remotely.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Only wolf attack on humans I can think of is that one in the swedish wolf park, but well, enclosure, animals with big teeth that are terrified of humans, person in enclosure, bad combo

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    pmcyP9g.jpg

Interesting poster. Shame the movie looks like crap.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Kinda stretching the limit of 'world altering' to talk about a kinda good crazy popular series of young adult novels, no?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I mean at the very least it's a "can god make a rock so heavy he can't lift it" kind of situation.

Well the Free Will part of Christianity was always that God basically gave people the choice and refuses to change that.

Without Free Will Christianity just gets super fucking silly to me. Either you're of the elect and are going to heaven despite all the heroin and hookers or you're not regardless if you try your best to follow the tenants.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I ate pecans/almonds/coconut milk/an egg/touch of cinnamon all blended together for breakfast

very tasty. like oatmeal just no oats. recipe called for half a banana but I forgot to put it in.

blend, heat, add coconut milk to taste (mine got very dried so I had to add to it)

recipe please

half cup of the almonds and half cup of pecans, half a banana, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk (no reason you couldn't just use real milk but this particular recipe book avoids milk). Egg is optional.

put it in a blender or food processor (I kept going til it was pretty smooth but you can stop earlier for a crunchier/chunkier meal), then heat, then add more milk for consistency/temperature/taste as desired.

lol

this is approx 1/2 of the daily value of points that I am allowed to eat

• Options

This reminds me

Richard Dawkins and Rowan Atkinson (ex archbishop of Canterbury) are going to have a debate on religion at Cambridge. It's going to be filmed and released afterwards. I want to watch at least part of it to see how close it gets to the average INTERNET ARGUMENT on the topic.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

This reminds me

Richard Dawkins and Rowan Atkinson (ex archbishop of Canterbury) are going to have a debate on religion at Cambridge. It's going to be filmed and released afterwards. I want to watch at least part of it to see how close it gets to the average INTERNET ARGUMENT on the topic.

I can't wait for a first cause argument or a fine tuning argument.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Girl I was supposed to have a first date with tonight pushed it back for... suspicious reasons... Considering cancelling.

Hrmm.

Seems to be irritating some of the old scars form my stupid past.

Dating is the worst.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Well the Free Will part of Christianity was always that God basically gave people the choice and refuses to change that.

Without Free Will Christianity just gets super fucking silly to me. Either you're of the elect and are going to heaven despite all the heroin and hookers or you're not regardless if you try your best to follow the tenants.

if you do all the heroin and hookers you're not going to heaven because the elect don't do the heroin and hookers. Without free will, it's not like people can choose to sin or not.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mornin' [chat]. Going through my morning briefings and this pops up.
    Islamist extremists set fire to a library in Timbuktu containing troves of ancient and historic manuscripts.

God damn it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

urgh, you suck, dude.

What?

y big teeth

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

395px-Oliver_Cromwell_by_Samuel_Cooper.jpg

Doctrine of the Elect for the win!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Girl I was supposed to have a first date with tonight pushed it back for... suspicious reasons... Considering cancelling.

Hrmm.

Dating is the worst.

Quick. Send dong photos. Show her what she's missing.

Not the tip though. A lady needs some mystery to look forward too. Just shaft. Maybe one ball.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Islamist extremists set fire to a library in Timbuktu containing troves of ancient and historic manuscripts.

God damn it.

tehy need to get their breaking old shit phase over and done with

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    The fine tuning argument doesn't really work when we don't know how many actual variables there are yet nor whether a multiverse exists.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I think you guys mean "legislated infanticide" not abortion.

450,000 strong!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hunters are dumb.
    Name one of the wolves Bloodfang and the other gnarljaw. Plant phat loot on both

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Hrmm.

Dating is the worst.

Not the tip though. A lady needs some mystery to look forward too. Just shaft. Maybe one ball.

Lance is frowning right now.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Hrmm.

Dating is the worst.

So that's why all the dong pics haven't been working.

I just have no sense for these types of things.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

God damn it.

Hey have you seen any legitimate sources confirming the Fordow facility explosion?

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I would visit Oslo to see Nosey Cuddlekins III, specially.

I would accept liability for any savaging if as a direct result of my attempt to hug said wolf or steal his waistcoat

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    I think you guys mean "legislated infanticide" not abortion.

450,000 strong!

zRrzCWg.gif

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    eating what is effectively salt and rice for dinner

tastes good though. yay soy sauce

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.