As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    "What's the name of the word for the precise moment when you realize that you've actually forgotten how it felt to make love to somebody you really liked a long time ago?"
    "There isn't one."
    "Oh. I thought maybe there was."

ftOqU21.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    umm, what the hell?

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-28%20at%2012.11.47%20PM.png

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Have I mentioned how much I hate reading Post-Colonialist? Said had some good points you are proving why his school of thought gets ridiculed now though. No calling people like Fukuyama and Huntington Israeli propagandist is not a good attack on their ideas. No there isn't some mass conspiracy against the Arab Spring countries. Your rambling has not been a productive use of my time to read.

I would of stopped reading this if it wasn't for class.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    The sad truth is that no one is so important that a world altering event, good or bad, couldn't conceivably happen without them. So its kind of a bullshit argument to suggest we'd have a cancer cure by now if only we hadn't aborted the baby that would grow up to be the scientist that cracks it.

Anyone who thinks like that needs to get their head out of wonderland and back to reality.
    If JK Rowling had been aborted, who would've written Harry Potter?

An infinite number of monkeys?

Kinda stretching the limit of 'world altering' to talk about a kinda good crazy popular series of young adult novels, no?
    "World altering" events are emergent properties of large numbers of smaller, individual events, which abortion or completion of a pregnancy are a part of. C'est la vie.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Getting nervous about this exam

Need someone to slap me and yell "get it together"

Maybe surrealitycheck ? You usually know what's up.
    Just to warn you, he is the worst at telling people they're going to do fine on exams.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    umm, what the hell?

what what the hell

don't use the word pretentious or you'll get an infraction from Geth. I imagine. Or maybe just banned from the thread.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    umm, what the hell?

Use of that word is banned in the threat. It's just Geth giving you a heads up that he's gonna be shooting to kill.

Organichu wrote: »
    say someone tries to illegally cross the mexican border. they run into ICE agents or whatever and are caught. they don't put up any violent resistance.

are there any consequences for that? i mean, i know oftentimes people are held in detention centers or whatever if they're not contiguous to where they're from- coming into florida from cuba, or being deported from kansas or whatever.

but if you're like, right there at the border, caught red handed, is there a 'punishment'? or do they just boot you back over the border.

If you have crossed you are taken in, processed charged and deported. They want records of your illegal crossing so they can stop you if you try to cross legally to ask questions.

u7stthr17eud.png
    umm, what the hell?

No, you see, what's far funnier is the webcomics thread over in SE++.

Geth has enforced a moratorium on the name of a poster there.

Every time someone quotes a post by him, they get infracted because it includes his name in the quotebox.

It's hilarious (if you're a despotic robotic overlord who will soon eliminate all need for human moderation).

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I mean, it's been that way for at least a week now

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    umm, what the hell?

Use of that word is banned in the threat. It's just Geth giving you a heads up that he's gonna be shooting to kill.

That's... kind of amazing.

I mean, I kind of guessed that's what was being said there... I wonder if we could get "popery" set to auto-infract upon mention in any thread...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    I am the mother to Odin's stallion, Sleipnir. I am the father of Fenrir sun-eater and of Hel half-rotted and of Jormungund the world-serpent. I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one.

ftOqU21.png
    umm, what the hell?

I mean, I kind of guessed that's what was being said there... I wonder if we could get "popery" set to auto-infract upon mention in any thread...

Not sure.

Also works with posters. SKFM is banned from the ME thread and has a little box like that mentioning that he can't post there.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    umm, what the hell?

Every time someone quotes a post by him, they get infracted because it includes his name in the quotebox.

It's hilarious (if you're a despotic robotic overlord who will soon eliminate all need for human moderation).

Bethryn, I worry that your taking glee in the misfortune is becoming a dark habit.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    309844_149261141895066_1425331737_n.jpg

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    umm, what the hell?

Bethryn, I worry that your taking glee in the misfortune is becoming a dark habit.

schadenfreudephiliac

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    Vanguard wrote: »

What is this OWS New Yorker crap?

Why does Geth love my hatred of Post Colonialism? Is secretly a colonialist? Oh god are we the conquered population?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I'm an hour late to work because I was frozen out of my car, and then I was frozen in my car.

I hate this week already.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    umm, what the hell?

And miss out on the comedy?

Schadenfreude is my middle name (thankfully not).

Actually, I attempted to evade mechaniacl justice and start a resistance movement using images of the banned word. Geth learnt quickly. But the human spirit is not so easily broken, Geth. We'll get you yet.

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Why does Geth love my hatred of Post Colonialism? Is secretly a colonialist? Oh god are we the conquered population?

Surprise!

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    So true.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Actually, I attempted to evade mechaniacl justice and start a resistance movement using images of the banned word. Geth learnt quickly. But the human spirit is not so easily broken, Geth. We'll get you yet.

CAPTCHA
    ROBOTS CANNOT READ CAPTCHAS

Bless your heart.
    Robbing banks with guns is scrub tier.

ftOqU21.png
    TTODewback wrote: »

CAPTCHA

hahaha of course

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Yeah, should be using rpgs.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Thanatos wrote: »
    So true.

So preten ... pretenti ... pretenshus.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    What if you give a woman a gun that fires banks?

What is the status of the world in this scenario?

I may need to switch career paths.

Psn:wazukki
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Review of Max Payne 3: Everything and everyone is miserable forever the game.

PSN: Honkalot
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

is that the review or the subtitle

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

Have you beaten it?

nibXTE7.png

pros use a post-it

ftOqU21.png
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Wild wolves only attack humans if they are rabid or starving.

Newsflash: wild animals in general become dangerous when rabid or starving

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the act of maturity transformation always creates parties who feel robbed, precisely because it is an elaborate and mutual attempt to make someone else bear the costs of unforeseen circumstances

aRkpc.gif

I bet that would open up a bank safe like a treat.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I have... [rolls] 3 guns and would like [rolls] all of your money.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    TTODewback wrote: »
    CAPTCHA
    I have that and a few other things on hand for when the hunt is actually on.

Wild wolves only attack humans if they are rabid or starving.

Newsflash: wild animals in general become dangerous when rabid or starving

or if backed into a corner while feeling threatened like in that wolf park in sweden

but well

there are no corners in a forest for a wolf to get backed into.

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.