As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for an SNES title...

WarponyWarpony Too small.The MoonRegistered User regular
Not sure if this would be suited in the gaming section, but was wondering if anyone remembers an oldSNES RPG game which seemed to be done in first person perspective. One of the things I read on a book about it was that you had to defeat a dragon princess.

I wish I could remember more info on it, so I hope anyone could help me find the name of it, thanks.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Drakkhen? It's not first person, but there are definitely Dragon Prince and Princesses that need to be defeated.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yeah, first game I thought of was Drakkhen, although from what I remembered it involved moving around in first person but when you encountered an enemy your party members would walk on-screen to fight. I also remember it being very weird and probably not very good.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    Yeah, first game I thought of was Drakkhen, although from what I remembered it involved moving around in first person but when you encountered an enemy your party members would walk on-screen to fight. I also remember it being very weird and probably not very good.

It was pretty revolutionary for the time, but the CRPG Addict did a play through and he wasn't too enthused on it.

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Could be Shadowgate too. I don't really remember if the story contained dragons or not but it is definitely first-person, and pretty good.

Ed, Apparently it is for the NES, and I'm ancient.

Movitz on
  • Options
    WarponyWarpony Too small. The MoonRegistered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    Drakkhen? It's not first person, but there are definitely Dragon Prince and Princesses that need to be defeated.

Actually yes, that s the one. I just didn't know about the walking to ther enemy and thought it was like the Phantasy Star titles where you could hit from afar onscreen, thanks.

• Options
    Movitz wrote: »
    Could be Shadowgate too. I don't really remember if the story contained dragons or not but it is definitely first-person, and pretty good.

Ed, Apparently it is for the NES, and I'm ancient.

Hah. At least you had color. I played it on one of the old black and white Macintosh Pluses.