As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    23 years in, I finally give up on trying to stay in shape. It is obviously not meant to be

Bullshit, I ain't having you quit on me.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    23 years in, I finally give up on trying to stay in shape. It is obviously not meant to be

Cheeseburgers and beer feels better anyway

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Fuck student loans, get scholarships.

I got all the scholarships! Still needed hella loans. School is expensive.

This has nothing to do with any of what you guys just said -- well no, it has to do with a single line.

In Dubai, where they have a really strict dress code (for women) and value moderation (for women) and don't let you wear clothes with "offensive slogans"...

This one Nigerian kid walked around campus with a shirt that read, "FUCK BITCHES GET MONEY."

Do they speak English everywhere in Dubai?

http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fack.jpg

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Okay, episode 4 of "the Prisoner" wasn't as good as the other 3, i thought...
    What was the point of that plan? Was it just to fuck with Number 6? They didn't even ask him questions in the end, they just beat him up... for no good reason other than the fact that he's defiant, i guess. I mean, i guess they're trying to break him, but it didn't seem as effective or efficient as the plots in the previous episodes is all.

Still, fun show.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    [chat], I have never donated blood. I have decided this makes me a terrible person, particularly when I'm unaware of any reason why I cannot (unless meds are a problem, but the Canadian Blood Service doesn't mention them).

I know the basic deal in terms of how it goes down, so now I only have two questions:

1) How long will it adversely effect me (light-headedness, etc)?

2) Am I presented with a token of some kind so that I can let people know that I'm a better person than they are? This one is important.

1.) It depends on how much blood you have.

2.) Sometimes there are stickers! Alternately, you can lick the back of your cookie and mush it into your shirt.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    [chat], I have never donated blood. I have decided this makes me a terrible person, particularly when I'm unaware of any reason why I cannot (unless meds are a problem, but the Canadian Blood Service doesn't mention them).

I know the basic deal in terms of how it goes down, so now I only have two questions:

2) Am I presented with a token of some kind so that I can let people know that I'm a better person than they are? This one is important.

1. Depends. I gave blood and felt no different whatsoever, and it was my first time so I would have been acutely aware if there were any change. But some people feel very faint and need to lie down. But you also get free juice and cookies.

2. Yes. You get a sticker and a badass bandage with red tape all around it (probably not as good with long sleeves over it). First-time donors get little pins, as well.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

1) Everyone is different. Eat stuff beforehand to minimize the the dizziness.

2) They usually give out t-shirts.

listen dog i don't want no fuckin', sodium-rich white man's blood

i want that primo somalian shit

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Jesus Christ! A T-shirt?

They need to make that shit public knowledge! I would have been donating blood for the past 8 years!

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I will donate blood erry day when they lift the ban.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    This sauce is toooooo sweet

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Lie to them.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Jesus Christ! A T-shirt?

They need to make that shit public knowledge! I would have been donating blood for the past 8 years!

Of course, that's American land. I don't know what they give you for your inferior Canadian blood.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The last time I donated blood I got In-N-Out for it.

Best blood drive ever.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular

beforehand? I thought that was a no-no when drawing blood. I know the few times I've had blood drawn, the doctor has made it clear that I shouldn't eat prior.

Jesus Christ! A T-shirt?

Of course, that's American land. I don't know what they give you for your inferior Canadian blood.

Probably a looney and a bag of milk.

Eddy wrote: »

listen dog i don't want no fuckin', sodium-rich white man's blood

i want that primo somalian shit

Dogg I am super-careful about my sodium intake :P

1.) It depends on how much blood you have.

2.) Sometimes there are stickers! Alternately, you can lick the back of your cookie and mush it into your shirt.

If it ain't a T-shirt, there better be at least a sticker!

1. Depends. I gave blood and felt no different whatsoever, and it was my first time so I would have been acutely aware if there were any change. But some people feel very faint and need to lie down. But you also get free juice and cookies.

2. Yes. You get a sticker and a badass bandage with red tape all around it (probably not as good with long sleeves over it). First-time donors get little pins, as well.

Now a pin I can get behind. I can work with that.

524988_10103464432651084_225538698_n.jpg

• HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Fuck student loans, get scholarships.

I got all the scholarships! Still needed hella loans. School is expensive.

This has nothing to do with any of what you guys just said -- well no, it has to do with a single line.

In Dubai, where they have a really strict dress code (for women) and value moderation (for women) and don't let you wear clothes with "offensive slogans"...

This one Nigerian kid walked around campus with a shirt that read, "FUCK BITCHES GET MONEY."

Do they speak English everywhere in Dubai?

http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fack.jpg

English is the #1 language, #2 is Urdu/Hindi (depending on which estimate you believe, 80-85% of the population of the UAE is immigrant labor, of which 50% of Indian, and most of the rest is Pakistani or Bengali), and Arabic is a ridiculously distant #3. This was also at the American University in Dubai.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

I think you just need to bring it up in conversation a lot, and/or photoshop yourself into a fake local newspaper "photo" and stick it on your desk, t-shirt, face, etc.

Is it weird that that is kind of hot?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The last time I donated blood I got In-N-Out for it.

Best blood drive ever.

Give us your blood, get a free coronary!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Also, since I am hopped up on opioids...fuck those people who don't get their TDAP booster, and gave the state of Washington Whooping Cough...because of you fuckers, I had to get a TDAP booster at the hospital and no my arm is sore.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Tamin wrote: »

beforehand? I thought that was a no-no when drawing blood. I know the few times I've had blood drawn, the doctor has made it clear that I shouldn't eat prior.

Not for donating! For blood tests it's important because eating too recently can majorly throw off test results.

mitt was so fucking handsome when he was young

GAH

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Uproarious old Mitt is missing a belt.

vRyue2p.png
    Tamin wrote: »

Not for donating! For blood tests it's important because eating too recently can majorly throw off test results.

Weird, but ok.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Mitt is so old he went to school with a white person named Lavon.

Allegedly a voice of reason.

Jesus Christ! A T-shirt?

Probably a looney and a bag of milk.

I would also accept those things.

We talking one bag, or the standard 4L bag, featuring 3 bags within?

look at the cut of his shirt

perfectly tailored

GAAAAAH

• HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    mitt was so fucking handsome when he was young

GAH

Is that handsome? I ask sincerely. With my damn Hetero Dude Glasses on (they don't come off), I think he just looks plain.

• EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    My GI Bill History is going batshit insane right now. I use it to look at my GI Bill payments every month, to see on what day it's going to occur.

But a few things stick out:

My benefit level changed from 80% to 100%.

Tomorrow, the 29th of January, it has 17 direct deposits going into my account to the tune of $16,717.82. 7 of those 17 payments are ~$100.00. Usually, I get 3 payments at the beginning of a semester (monthly stipend, books, tuition), and no where near $16,717.82. 17 payments? Something just doesn't seem right.

But I mean.....if it is right, if they're back paying me for whatever caused my benefit level to increase 20%, and that's really what I'm going to get tomorrow, then.........jesus fucking christ!

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

wtf? We get a cookie. Maybe a sticker.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

dont it sucks

the oj is usually warm and the cookies are old

919UOwT.png
    Also, all Canadians: you should play Anachronox. The loony is the basic unit of currency because of "a freak of galactic commerce".

Gooey wrote: »

dont it sucks

):<

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    huzah, missed the last shuttle to main campus. seems like everyone else is gone already.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

dont it sucks

):<

fuzzy i only wish to protect u

919UOwT.png
    edited January 2013
    ):
    ): |
    ): <
    O: <

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vZS5alzmwzE

this girl won the 'save the pell grant' contest at my school

it's a p big topic of discussion at my community college, mostly because the max pell grant ($5,500) is almost exactly the cost of a full time load at my school

Excuse me how much did those tattoos cost the chick singing about how tasty her government cheese was?

I am feeling embittered today thanks to the tax increase I got from Obama!

Worth noting if your side wasn't so incorrectly obsessed with the deficit, we wouldn't be worrying about cutting tax incentives to the middle class right now.

For that matter, who cares what her tattoo cost. You have no idea who bought that for her, or if she used Christmas money, or maybe got it free. Looking at people and going "BUT YOU HAVE THIS THING THAT IS EXPENSIVE, YOU MUST NOT BE POOR" is probably one of the dumbest, most presumptuous things of all time.

I'll admit the gubment cheese video is ill advised, but if the only response is "BUT HER TATTOOS", that's weak.

Look man, somewhere around $2000 just disappeared from my home repair budget thanks to an obscure tax credit getting k-lined. So I am gonna get intemperate for a minute here!

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vZS5alzmwzE

this girl won the 'save the pell grant' contest at my school

it's a p big topic of discussion at my community college, mostly because the max pell grant ($5,500) is almost exactly the cost of a full time load at my school

Excuse me how much did those tattoos cost the chick singing about how tasty her government cheese was?

I am feeling embittered today thanks to the tax increase I got from Obama!

Worth noting if your side wasn't so incorrectly obsessed with the deficit, we wouldn't be worrying about cutting tax incentives to the middle class right now.

For that matter, who cares what her tattoo cost. You have no idea who bought that for her, or if she used Christmas money, or maybe got it free. Looking at people and going "BUT YOU HAVE THIS THING THAT IS EXPENSIVE, YOU MUST NOT BE POOR" is probably one of the dumbest, most presumptuous things of all time.

I'll admit the gubment cheese video is ill advised, but if the only response is "BUT HER TATTOOS", that's weak.

Look man, somewhere around $2000 just disappeared from my home repair budget thanks to an obscure tax credit getting k-lined. So I am gonna get intemperate for a minute here!

Fair enough, I can understand that being angering. Two unfunded wars probably had more to do with it than gubment cheese, but yeah...no one likes losing 2000 bucks.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
This discussion has been closed.