As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    @podly

"Ardcore abolishes narrative: instead of tension/climax/release, it offers a thousand plateaux of crescendo, an endless successions of NOWs."

yeeeeeessss the 90s

at the exact same time he was writing this, someone in america was writing an essay explaining how a rave crowd "functions like a fractal"

you know it

also real talk simon reynolds' assorted essays on two step/garage are probably the thing that made me come back and reassess it because I really disliked all the garridge music stuff back when

yusssssssssss

did you ever get around to watching this? I think i tagged you to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3Oj-Dq-MM

oh I watched it

taking notes the whole time

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    They give me a solid metal medal for running 5K, and I may or may not get a sticker for donating blood.

Gameify giving blood, you fools! It's like in the Top 3 reasons of why I run.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vZS5alzmwzE

this girl won the 'save the pell grant' contest at my school

it's a p big topic of discussion at my community college, mostly because the max pell grant ($5,500) is almost exactly the cost of a full time load at my school

Excuse me how much did those tattoos cost the chick singing about how tasty her government cheese was?

I am feeling embittered today thanks to the tax increase I got from Obama!

Worth noting if your side wasn't so incorrectly obsessed with the deficit, we wouldn't be worrying about cutting tax incentives to the middle class right now.

For that matter, who cares what her tattoo cost. You have no idea who bought that for her, or if she used Christmas money, or maybe got it free. Looking at people and going "BUT YOU HAVE THIS THING THAT IS EXPENSIVE, YOU MUST NOT BE POOR" is probably one of the dumbest, most presumptuous things of all time.

I'll admit the gubment cheese video is ill advised, but if the only response is "BUT HER TATTOOS", that's weak.

Look man, somewhere around $2000 just disappeared from my home repair budget thanks to an obscure tax credit getting k-lined. So I am gonna get intemperate for a minute here!

SKFM? Give back Spool's account.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    It's written "loonie". We'll never pass for canadian spies in the coming war at this rate.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The OJ is Usually Warm and the Cookies are Old: A Cynics Guide to Avoiding Philanthropy

Ludious wrote: »
    The OJ is Usually Warm and the Cookies are Old: A Cynics Guide to Avoiding Philanthropy

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    yo @desc

I devoured Prophet last night

It was pretty great

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    yo @desc

I devoured Prophet last night

It was pretty great

DUN KNOE

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    When canadians hold up three fingers, they use their middle, ring, and pinky.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    You could replace Philanthropy with Pederasty in that and it would still work...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Holy shit I bitched about that girl's tattoos+poverty in pure unrestrained sarcasm and then Spool came along and said it with feeling.

Either I just anally fisted Poe's Law or it fisted me.

Due to the vagaries of the internet it is unpossible to know who is the fister and who the fistee.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

That's how we knew he was a spy.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

... Well now I do.

• HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular

it's a p big topic of discussion at my community college, mostly because the max pell grant ($5,500) is almost exactly the cost of a full time load at my school

Excuse me how much did those tattoos cost the chick singing about how tasty her government cheese was?

Worth noting if your side wasn't so incorrectly obsessed with the deficit, we wouldn't be worrying about cutting tax incentives to the middle class right now.

For that matter, who cares what her tattoo cost. You have no idea who bought that for her, or if she used Christmas money, or maybe got it free. Looking at people and going "BUT YOU HAVE THIS THING THAT IS EXPENSIVE, YOU MUST NOT BE POOR" is probably one of the dumbest, most presumptuous things of all time.

I'll admit the gubment cheese video is ill advised, but if the only response is "BUT HER TATTOOS", that's weak.

Look man, somewhere around $2000 just disappeared from my home repair budget thanks to an obscure tax credit getting k-lined. So I am gonna get intemperate for a minute here!

Fair enough, I can understand that being angering. Two unfunded wars probably had more to do with it than gubment cheese, but yeah...no one likes losing 2000 bucks.

I was going to make a snide remark about how deeply you've descended into Suburbanism...

But then I remembered that this afternoon I was checking average home values in the Miami area, and earlier this week I was trolling YouTube for minivan reviews. >_>

middle pinkie thumb is how lithuanians do it

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

That's how we knew he was a spy.

I just ask them for a shibboleth

Tamin on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I MISSED YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENT DK BUT I WANTED YOU TO KNOW I GOT YOUR MOVIE REFERENCE

Holy shit I bitched about that girl's tattoos+poverty in pure unrestrained sarcasm and then Spool came along and said it with feeling.

Due to the vagaries of the internet it is unpossible to know who is the fister and who the fistee.
    A fisting Moebius strip.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    middle pinkie thumb is how lithuanians do it

I just tried that, and as I always expected I'd feel

Fuck the Lithuanians.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Fair enough, I can understand that being angering. Two unfunded wars probably had more to do with it than gubment cheese, but yeah...no one likes losing 2000 bucks.

don't forget the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy and his corporate wealfare in the form of forbidding Medicare to negotiate drug costs.

Bush fucked the budget in way more ways than just his wars. Those two items make up quite an impressive portion of our yearly deficits.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    My GI Bill History is going batshit insane right now. I use it to look at my GI Bill payments every month, to see on what day it's going to occur.

But a few things stick out:

My benefit level changed from 80% to 100%.

Tomorrow, the 29th of January, it has 17 direct deposits going into my account to the tune of $16,717.82. 7 of those 17 payments are ~$100.00. Usually, I get 3 payments at the beginning of a semester (monthly stipend, books, tuition), and no where near $16,717.82. 17 payments? Something just doesn't seem right.

But I mean.....if it is right, if they're back paying me for whatever caused my benefit level to increase 20%, and that's really what I'm going to get tomorrow, then.........jesus fucking christ!

Don't get excited.

Good things don't happen ever.

Check it out and OMG I HOPE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! :D

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Spool you mad because you lost your gubmint cheese?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Well, this post seems to imply one of your holes is gaping so. . .

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    taking notes the whole time

speaking of taking notes

terrence dixon got me super baked, and I was asking him all the questions and he was telling me stories and giving me advice, but I was too high and now everything he told me is all hazy and I'm all "SHIT THIS IS WHY I DON'T DO DRUGS WHEN THERE'S IMPORTANT PEOPLE AROUND!"

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

if it makes you feel better half of the government either thinks I'm an abomination or uses my kind as a scapegoat to rally their base

there's a handful of states where I have incomplete legal protection as compared to the rest of the country where I have no legal protection against discrimination in the work place

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Is maths an actual british english word or did a car commercial i just saw have a spelling error?!

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Fuck student loans, get scholarships.

I got all the scholarships! Still needed hella loans. School is expensive.

This has nothing to do with any of what you guys just said -- well no, it has to do with a single line.

In Dubai, where they have a really strict dress code (for women) and value moderation (for women) and don't let you wear clothes with "offensive slogans"...

This one Nigerian kid walked around campus with a shirt that read, "FUCK BITCHES GET MONEY."

Do they speak English everywhere in Dubai?

http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fack.jpg

English is the #1 language, #2 is Urdu/Hindi (depending on which estimate you believe, 80-85% of the population of the UAE is immigrant labor, of which 50% of Indian, and most of the rest is Pakistani or Bengali), and Arabic is a ridiculously distant #3. This was also at the American University in Dubai.

The UAE is fucking weird

fuck gendered marketing
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    23 years in, I finally give up on trying to stay in shape. It is obviously not meant to be

Cheeseburgers and beer feels better anyway

I can't even eat cheeseburgers or drink beer
    woe is me

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

don't forget the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy and his corporate wealfare in the form of forbidding Medicare to negotiate drug costs.

Bush fucked the budget in way more ways than just his wars. Those two items make up quite an impressive portion of our yearly deficits.

Yeah, let me preface this again with "I'm on vicodain right now"...but I agree with you.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    I MISSED YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENT DK BUT I WANTED YOU TO KNOW I GOT YOUR MOVIE REFERENCE

TOO LATE ALREADY JUDGED

I'm gonna be honest here, lud. I made that up on the spot. I'm sorry for betraying your trust -.-

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Is maths an actual british english word or did a car commercial i just saw have a spelling error?!

it's the right and proper spelling / pronunciation.

it's mathematics, after all

Tamin on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Fuck student loans, get scholarships.

I got all the scholarships! Still needed hella loans. School is expensive.

This has nothing to do with any of what you guys just said -- well no, it has to do with a single line.

In Dubai, where they have a really strict dress code (for women) and value moderation (for women) and don't let you wear clothes with "offensive slogans"...

This one Nigerian kid walked around campus with a shirt that read, "FUCK BITCHES GET MONEY."

Do they speak English everywhere in Dubai?

http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fack.jpg

English is the #1 language, #2 is Urdu/Hindi (depending on which estimate you believe, 80-85% of the population of the UAE is immigrant labor, of which 50% of Indian, and most of the rest is Pakistani or Bengali), and Arabic is a ridiculously distant #3. This was also at the American University in Dubai.

The UAE is fucking weird

Stranger than you will ever know.

Eddy wrote: »
    I'm gonna be honest here, lud. I made that up on the spot. I'm sorry for betraying your trust -.-

pretty sure I tore a tendon, but I admire a good troll when I see one.

When someone says Maths, I automatically think they are mentally deficient. I know it is a Brit thing, though.

if it makes you feel better half of the government either thinks I'm an abomination or uses my kind as a scapegoat to rally their base

there's a handful of states where I have incomplete legal protection as compared to the rest of the country where I have no legal protection against discrimination in the work place

we shall overcome hirsutism

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I actually know where @y2jake215's avatar is from...for once I actually get the cultural reference of an avatar!

(It's the face Paul Pierce made when he found out about Rondo's ACL tear, booyah!)

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Spool you mad because you lost your gubmint cheese?

Basically yes!

heheheheeh :)

"Maths" is one of the few Britishisms that actually makes sense, as opposed to the usually silly nonsense they try to pass as civilized language.

Still not gonna say it though.

This discussion has been closed.