As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Big Le[chat]ski

VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
thebiglebowski.jpeg

BigLebowski2.jpg

539w.jpg

The expressions on their faces is similar to what mine looked like when I learned this shit was written as a college project.

Vanguard on

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    dun know

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

sig.gif
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Oh good, my drugs + donating blood = not a problem.

Now, say I was helping someone move on Saturday.

Would donating blood on Friday be unwise, or would my freshly-produced blood actually make me stronger?

The last part is not a serious part of the question.

Edit: Oh good, not oh god. What is wrong with my typing today?

BeNarwhal on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

He's dead. Lets go bowling, Dude.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Oh god, my drugs + donating blood = not a problem.

Would donating blood on Friday be unwise, or would my freshly-produced blood actually make me stronger?

Depends dude. Plan on being out of it for most if the day you donate.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    If anyone is curious, vicadin gives me really bad gas.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Day after should be fine unless you're some sort of wimp.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    the very word make some men uncomfortable

[chat]

rRwz9.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Chanus wrote: »
    I MISSED YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENT DK BUT I WANTED YOU TO KNOW I GOT YOUR MOVIE REFERENCE

TOO LATE ALREADY JUDGED

I made this for you. Because this is how you make me feel.

@Donkey Kong

Fo2OJhZ.jpg

Ludious on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    It's worth mentioning that folks around here who supported a guy that claimed over and over that he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class are very casual about telling me to suck it up when they hear that my taxes went up significantly in 2012.

I mean, yes. We need to close these loopholes. But, folks, your true attitude is showing a bit here. You guys really do want to raise taxes on far more people than just those in the top 2%.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Gaze into the fist of Kong?

sig.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    desc, re: Prophet

I really liked the way it evolved across the pages and sections of story. The opening arc kind of lended itself to the singles that followed, in a really good way. Things were in a nice balance between "not knowing what the hell is going on" and "hand held throughout"

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    It's worth mentioning that folks around here who supported a guy that claimed over and over that he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class are very casual about telling me to suck it up when they hear that my taxes went up significantly in 2012.

I mean, yes. We need to close these loopholes. But, folks, your true attitude is showing a bit here. You guys really do want to raise taxes on far more people than just those in the top 2%.
    Of course I do.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

I really liked the way it evolved across the pages and sections of story. The opening arc kind of lended itself to the singles that followed, in a really good way. Things were in a nice balance between "not knowing what the hell is going on" and "hand held throughout"

right?

spoilers: in the current issues which will eventually be vol 2, everything is coalescing into an actual story too

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

no, Spool. You're mad and it's making you a dick right now. Nobody secretly wishes you were getting the shaft.

rRwz9.gif
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Narwhal, if you need to be doing heavy, heavy lifting, I wouldn't do it. It's not that you're gonna be out of it and light-headed immediately, it's that your endurance is gonna be shot. You'll feel absolutely miserable after an hour or so. Just give blood the next week.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Depends dude. Plan on being out of it for most if the day you donate.

Yeah, my exact plan is to go to the gym Friday morning (I don't even care if this part is a bad idea, I can't not work out Friday morning), donate around midday, then take the most direct route to my Aunt's couch, where I will crash until the following morning, when we head out to help my folks move.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Whoever said that Scotch is probably cheap in Scotland in last chat is in for a depressing lesson in reality someday.

Sort of.

lxht2bI.jpg

Lh96QHG.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »

right?

spoilers: in the current issues which will eventually be vol 2, everything is coalescing into an actual story too

but I wanna read them nowwwww

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

no, Spool. You're mad and it's making you a dick right now. Nobody secretly wishes you were getting the shaft.

Hey man, we gotta feed the monkey

• HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Ah, Facebook.

Guy from high school who I don't really talk to posts this image...

537219_10151663918349966_1783783069_n.jpg

...And some girl he knows posts this in response:
    <Blank> wrote: "I'm going to remove you from my friend's list and I want you to know why. You are an offensive piece of shit and not even in the "I think myself an intellectual and I'm going to be a dick because of it." or "I think offensive things are funny because I don't know any better." You are just a pure piece of shit that has repeatedly posted things that point you out as someone who might not only CONDONE RAPE but might actually think that a woman deserves it. Yes, I think you are RAPIST MATERIAL. I will certainly speak of you this way to every single person I know that knows you or whoever has the misfortune of mentioning you to me. I have tried a few times to reason with your neanderthal brain and tried to elicit some sympathy from you in regards to why your violent and repugnant thoughts are the reason that humanity is the way it is. And for the most part I tried to put with it and be willfully indifferent towards your DISGUSTING posts but in light of recent events in our country and others of violence against women I really cannot stand it anymore. I hope you don't end up beating up a poor woman or raping one and then blaming it on her one day. Good bye."

Hamurabi on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

Sorry, on the internet sometimes it's easy to conflate the guy who's in the top 2% with the guy who just types out all his talking points.

8->

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

... But I'm Canadian so it doesn't really count.

(Jk bta)

Caveman Paws on

I never claimed I favored the tax credit going away for the middle class.

I blamed it on the people who have been shouting that closing the deficit during a recovery is our most pressing economic issue.

Most of us want the tax code fixed. I personally want a consumption tax, and income tax done away with. If our individual taxes go up in that process, I think most of us will accept it, since, you know, we have historically low overall tax rates right now.

The reason the rich get targeted is the "Buy" - "Borrow" - "Invest" cycle that lets them make millions, hundreds of millions, of dollars, and pay little to no tax. Buy an asset, borrow against it, invest the credited money. It's economics 101 for how rich people pay almost no taxes. That's the kind of loopholes most of us want to see fixed. It's how Mitt Romney made 14m in 2011, and paid an effective 14% tax rate. He didn't make any "income", even though he did. All his income got taxed at the crazy low capital gains rate, because it's not counted as "income", and most of the money he invested was money from taking out lines of credit against assets.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

And I think it's worth mentioning that if Obama had never been elected your new tax rate would be your tax rate anyway.

Lh96QHG.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Taxes gotta go up on errybody.

But they gotta go towards something, not just become more BS carve-outs for people who don't need them.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    @Ravenhpltc24 thats why it keeps me from going back to bed, because without pants an instinct is to return there.

When i do intend to return, after say, a smoke, then pants are silly, +10 or -20

ftOqU21.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

well, I am getting it. But I guess I'm also p mad. It's an expensive increase, and we weren't supposed to be doing that to people in my tax bracket.

:( I should just move on.

fuck, though. I really wanted to repair some shit around here.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Ah, Facebook.

<Blank> wrote: "I'm going to remove you from my friend's list and I want you to know why. You are an offensive piece of shit and not even in the "I think myself an intellectual and I'm going to be a dick because of it." or "I think offensive things are funny because I don't know any better." You are just a pure piece of shit that has repeatedly posted things that point you out as someone who might not only CONDONE RAPE but might actually think that a woman deserves it. Yes, I think you are RAPIST MATERIAL. I will certainly speak of you this way to every single person I know that knows you or whoever has the misfortune of mentioning you to me. I have tried a few times to reason with your neanderthal brain and tried to elicit some sympathy from you in regards to why your violent and repugnant thoughts are the reason that humanity is the way it is. And for the most part I tried to put with it and be willfully indifferent towards your DISGUSTING posts but in light of recent events in our country and others of violence against women I really cannot stand it anymore. I hope you don't end up beating up a poor woman or raping one and then blaming it on her one day. Good bye."

That seems partially like an overreaction, but then, we don't know his normal antics.

I mean, to me, that is a relatively innocuous hypocritical image. I mean, the whole "Don't hit me, I'm a girl" part. I get that she thinks he's saying he should be able to hit women, but then, at first I read it as "We're equal, you have to give me what you have. But you don't get this 'Not allowed to be hit' card, that's mine."

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Spool sorry government is not working out for you this one time

All money goes to science. This is my solid economic plan for myself.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    hey cool, despite being a pretty small place the Game Store my friend owns is going to be running trial tournaments that feed into the Grand Prix tour.

Aparently they were running magic tournaments 24/7 this weekend for that new set. As in there were actually enough people to keep running drafts and such from Friday until sunday night without stopping.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    As a side note, the BBI cycle is exactly why I actually agree with Phil Mickleson. We tax the SHIT out of wage earners in this country, effectively taxing hard work, but we let people who are just playing monopoly with other peoples money go basically tax free.

Payroll tax holidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Wouldn't have happened without Obamaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Under President McCain your rates would've been this for the last two yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars

Get angry, sure, but do it at the right people, Spool.

Lh96QHG.png
    Delmain wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Ah, Facebook.

That seems partially like an overreaction, but then, we don't know his normal antics.

I mean, to me, that is a relatively innocuous hypocritical image. I mean, the whole "Don't hit me, I'm a girl" part. I get that she thinks he's saying he should be able to hit women, but then, at first I read it as "We're equal, you have to give me what you have. But you don't get this 'Not allowed to be hit' card, that's mine."
    I think people that perpetuate women+violence for going beyond their "station" are more likely to become abusers. I think that is what she was getting at. I also think she is totes right.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I can't imagine what's that like, the government not affording you rights and protections you feel you are due

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So I need to come up with a short little "Farewell" type of thing to put in the yearbook for my graduating third year students.

All I can think of is "So long and thanks for all the fish."

Stupid brain.

This discussion has been closed.