As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    It occurs to me that if Langly tells the truth and his only remaining win condition is to live to the end, the mafia can easily bully him into working against the village. As someone used to thinking of neutrals as bad news, I dread to think of a last day vote where Langly casts the decisive vote. So we probably need to decide what to do about that. I would rather not waste a day's vote on a neutral though.

MSL59.jpg
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    It occurs to me that if Langly tells the truth and his only remaining win condition is to live to the end, the mafia can easily bully him into working against the village. As someone used to thinking of neutrals as bad news, I dread to think of a last day vote where Langly casts the decisive vote. So we probably need to decide what to do about that. I would rather not waste a day's vote on a neutral though.

Neutral witchhunt bad. Do not vote him out. Do not shoot him out. If the mafia needs to outnumber us, he contributes towards our numbers.

Do nothing.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

They can't bully me into anything because that involves them contacting and then threatening me.

And guess how I would respond to being threatened?

If your answer is: immediately publicly out them, in a small game where every member is priceless, you're right!

The cost of that makes the play have zero incentive for them. Better for them if I'm just ignorant and trying to not get in anyone's way.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Vote closes in a little over 2 hours.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Malkor

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    Malkor

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Malkor

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    who here trusts langly anymore, really

anyhow, I still like my farting up the place idea

Vote closes in an hour

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Boat hosed?

Vote closed a few mins ago.
    Narration will probably be delayed a bit, my apologies.

Hour 4 - KABOOM

Voices cried out over the intercom as the battle raged on. Gunfire continued across the ship. Accusations flew among the crew. Somewhere in the darkness, something ticked.

*tick*

"Give me an update!"
    "What's going on!"

"The Reactor looks like it's about to blow! Someone tampered with the containment!"

*tick*

"Warning. Reactor containment breached. Venting...
    ERROR 15421: Vent has been improperly adjusted. All personnel be advised: radioactive gas is leaking into the cabin."

*tick*

"We're all going to die out here!"
    "I have a family!"
    "What the hell is that ticking?"

*tick*

"Someone give me some good news!"

"The anomaly scanner is back online!"

*tick*

"Seriously, what the hell is that ticking!?"

"No time for that! We need help over here! Ellen Ripley was shot up, it's a real mess!"

*click*

"Click?"

***KA-BOOM***

"Explosion in Engineering! Is everyone OK?"
    "We're breathing, but we're pretty battered."

"Wait, where's Chris Redfield!?"

"Chris!"

"Chris!?"

"He's dead. Just like all of you."

"Who the hell was that!?"

"It's just me, your old buddy JOHNNY CAUTIOUSLY. I just wanted to tell you that you're all going to die out here."

"Watch out, he's got a gun!"

"YOU CANNOT DEFEAT WHAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND"

**transporter beam**

"We'll se-ackmhp..."

"Seeackmphh? Beach, are you feeling alright?"

"Beach Volleyball, please respond. Are you alright?"

"Dammit."

"SS Phallatomic! This is the crew of the Mantis. Come in SS Phallatomic."

"We picked up your distress signal. The Mantis is just a small scout vessel, we can't evac your whole crew, and we don't have the manpower to come aboard and help you out."

"There is a Royal Marine outpost about 18 hours from here, we can go for help, and bring one of your crew along to explain the situation."

"Please vote in Bold Dodger Blue for one of you to be transported aboard."

"One last thing, there aren't any other ships operating in this area. You can try sending out more SOS's, but I don't think you'll reach anyone."

Bliss 101 - Ellen Ripley, Crewman - Shot to death.
    Retaba - Chris Redfield, Researcher - Killed by an explosion.
    Infidel - Beach Volleyball, Crewman - Died mid-sentence, no apparent cause.
    Malkor - JOHNNY CAUTIOUSLY, Security Officer - Burned in the reactor.

The ship's lighting is permanently disabled!
    The ship's emergency lighting is permanently damaged!
    The warp drive is still sabotaged!
    The reactor is venting radioactive fumes into the cabin!
    The anomaly scanner has been repaired!
    The ship is no longer in the asteroid field!
    A friendly scout has answered your SOS! They will take one player with them back to base, removing them from the game.
    Please vote for the player to be taken with them in Bold Dodgerblue

Status PMs are going out now. Please hold discussion until they are all out.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    oooOOoooOOOOoooOOOoo

Bah

OOooOo

MSL59.jpg
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    So... one of us gets to go with the other ship. We're sure they're friendly, right? It removes the player from the game. Hmm...

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    PMs are out.
    Discussion may begin.
    Map coming shortly.

Well then. I guess I'll start off with a vote for Kilnaga, because why not?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    edited January 2013
    Day 4 Map:

Phallatomicshipsectionedday4fixed_zps57ce0d36.png

Retaba was found dead in Engineering.
    Infidel was found dead in the Bridge.
    Bliss 101 was found dead in the Cabin.
    Malkor was transported from the Bridge.

premium on
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Mantis near our ship?

The only solution is obviously ludicrous speed the fuck out of here

Kilnaga wrote: »

Although, it would probably be smarter to send over either a villager who is on the verge of death of somebody we suspect is mafia just to get them off our ship.

- Terence McKenna

Although, it would probably be smarter to send over either a villager who is on the verge of death of somebody we suspect is mafia just to get them off our ship.

I don't see why you would want to send a villager at all. They are removed from the game entirely, so you're just basically doing the mafia's job for them. A villager who dies still wins if the village wins. They don't have to survive.

I took three damage last night from a bomb. I would obviously like to fulfill my win condition and survive till the end of the game, but the prospect of lots of area damage is going to make that difficult.

So I have been told that this would remove me and fulfill my win condition. I'd obviously appreciate a Langly vote, but I'll understand if you don't want to.

In any case, you want to vote off either me or a mafia. Otherwise you're killing another villager for no reason.

Langly

- Terence McKenna
    MegaMek wrote: »
    There are 4 people on the ship. Awesome, thanks.

Oh I just saw this. I had just rolled over in bed to read the results, and thought you said how many were in propulsion. I thought it was a color blind thing since that room is blue.

Heh, don't worry about it dude.

Until someone else can come up with a better reason, I think we should go with Langly.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    We would like to know who is in propulsion with us

I'd like to know who was there yesterday. My rifle has a few questions for them.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    I was still in propulsion yesterday. I re-sabotaged the warp drive (it had not been repaired) and was plinked for two damage by someone.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    I was still in propulsion yesterday. I re-sabotaged the warp drive (it had not been repaired) and was plinked for two damage by someone.

Why on earth would you sabotage our own ship, GrimmyTOA?

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    ooOOooo
    Oh. Hey. You guys. I hope something improbably happens to your ship.
    OOoooOOO

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Were you not here for the discussion? It was shouted across the ship.
    Perhaps when the talk was happening, you were busy with sinister acts?
    It is hard to trust one with no face. Mine is borrowed, but is better than your total lack of face.
    Remaining in the shadows is a good idea though.
    I will keep the warp drive sabotaged. No asteroids will interfere with my dark work.

■■■■

Heffling wrote: »

We talked this out yesterday, and it was suggested (by infidel who died green, incidentally) that as we are currently not in a dangerous asteroid field or supernova or whatever it might be best to keep the drive down for now.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    GrimmyTOA you have my apologies. I had missed that post by Infidel.

Langly

edited January 2013
    This one would like to leave this ship.
    The imminent threat of explosion is contradictory to our goals.

Erin The Red on
    ■■■
    For the good of its fellow crew, this body instead elects to send Langly the unknown element into the arms of our "rescuers".

There is work to be done. Let us all gather in the engineering room, and I can give you all my gift.
    ■■■■■

Also just to make sure it's clear, I was in engineering again yesterday, where the bomb went off.

How many times will Langly get a neutral role with an early exit option and actually get away with it? The answer is always going to be "one more time."

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    The anomaly scanner has been repaired!

You're welcome, people!

Incidentally, ow! That damn bomb in Engineering put a screwdriver in my thigh.

Langly, don't forget to pass your microfiche along to someone you trust on your way out. Thanks.

Heffling needs to learn to pay attention!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I was in engineering last night

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    This. Don't forget to report your locations for yesterday. I was still in the bridge, just in case the SOS didn't get sent out.

I'm going to get behind a Langly blue vote. I don't want to hit a mafia with it because I'm concerned it will somehow further their goals, but at the same time Langly is probably right that we don't want to remove a villager from the game.

Anyone else that leaves the ship will be hampering their team.
    It is not determined as to whether the removed party will be able to affect the outcome of things once they meet the rescuers, but we need not send a loyal crewmember out.
    We need as many bodies as we can muster.
    Muster in a cluster.
    Fear is delicious.
    ■■■