As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

usb ports not working

So I set my biossettings to default and now my peripherals don't work. Even during startup at the boot screen, I can't get into the bios as the keyboard simply doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure the mobo is dying, would explain a lot tbh. But is there anything I can do to get functionality back? Really can't afford to get a new mobo right now.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Some motherboards have specific USB ports that work during boot, have you tried switching to a different port? It's possible that the bios reset cleared the drivers for the other ports.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'll give that a shot next. I did try clearing Cmos and that seems to have done nothing at all .

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I've also had trouble in the past using USB 2 devices on USB 1 ports. So... that's a thing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Gave this a shot this morning after work and sadly it did not work. I'm pretty much boned aren't I?:(

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    you could get a USB to PS/2 adapter for your keyboard assuming your mobo still has PS/2 ports.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN