As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Fitness Group 2.0

• Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I had a real yo-yo week or two, thanks to a big gaming weekend (involving lots of homemade dinners and wine), my birthday (more drinking and eating), and monthly girl bloating. I still netted a loss though, and almost hit the 10 pound mark!
    Goal: 130

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Weight Watchers and going from zero exercise to moderate exercise 3 times a week

Week 1 - 1/10 (Initial Weigh-In/Progress Indicator): 155.6
    Week 2 - 1/17: 147.8 (-7.8)
    Week 3 - 1/24: 146.2 (-9.4)
    Week 4 - 1/31:
    Week 5 - 2/ 7:
    Week 6 - 2/14:
    Week 7 - 2/21:
    Week 8 - 2/28:
    Week 9 - 3/7:
    Week 10 - 3/14:
    Week 11 - 3/21 (Final Weigh-In/Progress Indicator):

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Loving the motivation and chatter - you can tell we're getting close to PAX! :)

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Hey folks - a friend of mine is helping to run a study that I think could apply to some of you in this forum.

(advertisement removed)

zerzhul on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I expect another gain this week. I really need to find that groove I was in all last year. BAH.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Chorazin wrote: »
    Ugh, my body pulled a real dick move this weekend...

I felt the same way last week >.< hoping for some good numbers this week, although the Panera lunch followed by Chinese food dinner won't help, but I'll at least have something to blame :P

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    I think everyone needs to get this shit put on lockdown for PAX. Haha. Let's go, people!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I think everyone needs to get this shit put on lockdown for PAX. Haha. Let's go, people!

I've had my shit on lock since the beginning of the month, good sir!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Yeah, I know I'm not running with the same intensity that I was last year, but I have my eating back under control, which is probably the bigger offender of the two anyway.

I should be down another pound come Thursday. A little behind schedule, but still can hit my goal if I keep at it.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Completely blanked on posting after weighing myself Thursday. Working gym time in between class and a full time job has been really messing up my sleep/concentration (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).
    Goal: 290 lbs by PAXEast

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Counting calories (really need to start doing this again). Gym 3-4 days a week. Kris Gethin weight routine with 20-30 minutes of dedicated cardio.

Week 1 - 1/10 (Initial Weigh-In/Progress Indicator): 313
    Week 2 - 1/17: 308.5 (-4.5)
    Week 3 - 1/24: 310.2 (-2.8)
    Week 4 - 1/31:
    Week 5 - 2/ 7:
    Week 6 - 2/14:
    Week 7 - 2/21:
    Week 8 - 2/28:
    Week 9 - 3/7:
    Week 10 - 3/14:

I know I rolled back a bit last week. Probably that entire apple pie I ate last Wednesday (the shame!).
    Massive-diet-no-nos aside, Getting back into things has been a lot harder than a year ago. Been doubling my gym effort this week to try and get the endorphin rush to compensate, but it's just leaving me sore. Then again, when it pays off with this week's weigh in, it'll carry me forward!

Biggest thing I really need to work on: water intake. Definitely not drinking enough.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Direwolf wrote: »
    Biggest thing I really need to work on: water intake. Definitely not drinking enough.
    I personally like to use either a 1 liter bottle and drink four of them a day or just fill a 1 gallon jug up in the morning. If I can count (with the bottles) or see (with the jug) how much water I have left to drink I find it easier to hit my goals.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    Here's an album for you guys that shows my current progress. Sunday was my 18 month mark :).Weightloss

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Dgeorge318 wrote: »
    Here's an album for you guys that shows my current progress. Sunday was my 18 month mark :).Weightloss
    awesome work!!

Yeaaah, work lunches are difficult because I love the free food. If only the reps brought seafood and such, as there would be no temptation :P

My goal is to avoid it this week. Or if I have it - I need to Not have the sweet treats and pull out the healthy stuff instead.

ishtra on
  • Options
    Looks great, Dgeorge! Glad to see you stickin' to it.. making the rest of us slack-asses with our pitiful excuses look bad.. which is good ..

• Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Direwolf wrote: »

Do you work a desk job? I find it a whole lot easier drinking enough water when I'm stuck to my desk all day. It makes for easy bathroom breaks, since you will be going to the bathroom every half hour. I keep a couple of water bottles at my desk and keep refilling them throughout the day. I usually stop drinking a significant amount of water once I leave work.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @vgc I'm much the same. Always drinking something at work (coffee, tea, or water). It's when I'm out or home that I run into this problem. The multiple water bottles is a good idea though, will definitely give it a shot!

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    Slow but steady..
    Goal: 210 lbs by PAX - Run @ 6.5 MPH for 30 minutes straight

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Tracking food, running on the treadmill in the morning. Will work in light weight training once I get my weight back under control (likely around 215-220).

Week 1 - 1/10: 227 - 10-15 minutes start/stop (no more than 10 minutes straight so far)
    Week 2 - 1/17: 226 - Fell back to 5-10 minutes running - very sporadic gym visits this week - weight loss likely due to more attention on what I eat, though I blew out calories on a few days still.
    Week 3 - 1/24: 224 - Got in two 12 minute 5.8 MPH runs broken up with a 4.3 MPH walk today! Time to work on ditching the walk.
    Week 4 - 1/31: 223 - More walking than running this week, but I did get 2 hours of full-court basketball in
    Week 5 - 2/ 7:
    Week 6 - 2/14:
    Week 7 - 2/21:
    Week 8 - 2/28:
    Week 9 - 3/7:
    Week 10 - 3/14:

• Options
    BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Oh right, check in day. Hooray!
    Goal: Get stronger. Going to track using my current best 3x5 back squat. On my current program, aiming to add 10/15 pounds to my lift a week

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Heavy lifting 3 times/week.

Week 1 - 1/10: 185
    Week 2 - 1/17: 200
    Week 3 - 1/24: 220
    Week 4 - 1/31: 235
    Week 5 - 2/ 7:
    Week 6 - 2/14:
    Week 7 - 2/21:
    Week 8 - 2/28:
    Week 9 - 3/7:
    Week 10 - 3/14:
    Week 11 - 3/21:

I honestly can't believe I'm lifting this much. I'm starting to feel like a dump truck that walks like a man. I know it's relatively light based on my size but it still feels amazing

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    Well, that was a shitty first month to the year. Thank God that is done with.
    Goal: Down to 190lbs by PAX East.

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Sticking to my decent eating habits and playing hockey multiple times a week.

Week 1 - 1/10: 202.3lbs
    Week 2 - 1/17: 203.8lbs
    Week 3 - 1/24: 205.4lbs
    Week 4 - 1/31: 206.2lbs
    Week 5 - 2/ 7:
    Week 6 - 2/14:
    Week 7 - 2/21:
    Week 8 - 2/28:
    Week 9 - 3/7:
    Week 10 - 3/14:
    Week 11 - 3/21:

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Sticking to my decent eating habits and playing hockey multiple times a week.

Week 5 - 2/ 7:
    Week 6 - 2/14:
    Week 7 - 2/21:
    Week 8 - 2/28:
    Week 9 - 3/7:
    Week 10 - 3/14:
    Week 11 - 3/21:

I had this same thing happen to me when I hit my goal for PAX last year. I was so happy with myself that I just stayed there instead of pushing to my year end goal. Get that 200 back! You can do this :)

Also, bacon, huge squats there. Makes me want to start adding weights to my workout.

• Options
    vttym wrote: »

Week 5 - 2/ 7:
    Week 6 - 2/14:
    Week 7 - 2/21:
    Week 8 - 2/28:
    Week 9 - 3/7:
    Week 10 - 3/14:
    Week 11 - 3/21:

I had this same thing happen to me when I hit my goal for PAX last year. I was so happy with myself that I just stayed there instead of pushing to my year end goal. Get that 200 back! You can do this :)

Also, bacon, huge squats there. Makes me want to start adding weights to my workout.

Yea, I hit my 2012 goal (to be under 200lbs by the end of the year) in November. Made it to 199lbs and change. I hate being over 200lbs now. Plus, with this week's gain, I can't officially say, "I've lost over 50lbs," since I am at like -49lbs and change. That is the most frustrating part.

Hockey tomorrow morning. And then on Monday night.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    forgot to weigh in today before the shower, sooo will play catch-up tomorrow. been bouncing all around - so we'll see.

• Options
    BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    snip

Thanks so much, it's incredible to see the man in the mirror putting up that weight. Fitocracy says I've done heavier squats, but I know I haven't done them this deep. Add 5 pounds per workout, see what happens!

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    Urgh, I had a major gain this week for no reason that I can figure out. I actually ate better and drank less this week than the previous 2, so I'm not sure what happened.
    Goal: 130

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Weight Watchers and going from zero exercise to moderate exercise 3 times a week

Week 1 - 1/10 (Initial Weigh-In/Progress Indicator): 155.6
    Week 2 - 1/17: 147.8 (-7.8)
    Week 3 - 1/24: 146.2 (-9.4)
    Week 4 - 1/31: 150 (-5.6)
    Week 5 - 2/ 7:
    Week 6 - 2/14:
    Week 7 - 2/21:
    Week 8 - 2/28:
    Week 9 - 3/7:
    Week 10 - 3/14:

• Options
    Swae, that's gotta be water gain. No one gains that much weight in a week if they're following the plan, keep drinking water to flush your system and I bet that'll fall off quick. :)

I'm down 3.7 this week, dropped the water weight from last weigh in plus almost two more pounds! If I have a good week I might actually fall below 200!!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Swae, that's gotta be water gain. No one gains that much weight in a week if they're following the plan, keep drinking water to flush your system and I bet that'll fall off quick. :)

I sure hope so, I was a bit shocked when I weighed in yesterday, especially since I used almost none of my weekly points last week (I usually use up at least half of them). It's SO discouraging to be changing my eating habits this drastically and not seeing the results I want. I'm adding exercise this week to see if that will help some.

• Options
    BonniesBonnies Registered User regular
    @baconsandwich You are the squat master =P

@Swae What did you change for your eating habits? Water is a big thing as Chorazin mentioned. For drinks, I only drink water. even going out I only get water. The amount you eat is also a big thing. Eat right but also eat less =) it helps. Try eating snacks between meals (small amount of fruits and nuts). When it comes to eating meals, you are not as hungry therefore you eat less.

• Options
    _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Hey everyone, didn't realized this thread existed.

I must say that the group challenge on Fitocracy is keeping me motivated to get back into shape. My goal is to drop from 185lbs to under 160lbs by the time PAX East starts. Should be achievable when I start cutting the junk food and drinking.

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • Options
    Swae wrote: »

I sure hope so, I was a bit shocked when I weighed in yesterday, especially since I used almost none of my weekly points last week (I usually use up at least half of them). It's SO discouraging to be changing my eating habits this drastically and not seeing the results I want. I'm adding exercise this week to see if that will help some.

It's got to be water weight, don't stress about it so much right now. :) Remember, you lost close to 10 pounds the first three weeks, thats AWESOME! :-D

Situations like this is why I LOVE having a scale with body fat percentage, when you go up two pounds and down .2 percent body fat, you just know to tell your body to fuck off for holding water back and go on with your day.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Be careful about under-eating TOO much. Not sure how many points you didn't use last week, @Swae, but taking in too few calories can cause your body to start handling the food you eat differently, making weight loss more difficult.

• Options
    Be careful about under-eating TOO much. Not sure how many points you didn't use last week, @Swae, but taking in too few calories can cause your body to start handling the food you eat differently, making weight loss more difficult.

WW term translation is go! She ate all her daily points and didn't use many of her weekly bonus points, that's what she meant. She didn't under eat but stayed right on plan.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    You're not suppose to under eat at all. But you are suppose to eat the right amount for you body you are aiming for. Swae you are welcome to PM me with your diet details if you are uncomfortable to share in public and I can give you some tips. =)

I'm on PAX east Fitocracy group and I love that website. Yesterday was my day to let my body rest but It feels weird to not work out once you're start exercising.

I'm not trying to loss weight but to gain muscles and be toned which I find it super hard... cause I have to eat more (aka more protein) less sugar and little carbs. I find myself being more hungry. Moar food! lol. 44 days left! I think I can do it >:3 Moar squats!

• Options
    Bonnies wrote: »
    You're not suppose to under eat at all. But you are suppose to eat the right amount for you body you are aiming for. Swae you are welcome to PM me with your diet details if you are uncomfortable to share in public and I can give you some tips. =)

I'm actually not undereating. Like Chorazin said, I didn't use any of my weekly bonus points last week, where in prior weeks I usually did (mostly with wine...lol). I'm on weight watchers, so I'm pretty comfortable with my plan. I'm eating WAY better than I ever have in my life, and I know it's going to pay off. Now, if only I could find more hours in the day so that I can exercise. =)

• Options

I'm actually not undereating. Like Chorazin said, I didn't use any of my weekly bonus points last week, where in prior weeks I usually did (mostly with wine...lol). I'm on weight watchers, so I'm pretty comfortable with my plan. I'm eating WAY better than I ever have in my life, and I know it's going to pay off. Now, if only I could find more hours in the day so that I can exercise. =)

Have you hopped back on the scale yet? I know WW says you should do it once a week, but I bet you've dropped that water weight (or at least a good chunk of it) by now. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Have you hopped back on the scale yet? I know WW says you should do it once a week, but I bet you've dropped that water weight (or at least a good chunk of it) by now. :)

My WW weigh-in day is Sunday, so I'm going to get on the scale tomorrow and see if there's been any progress. I've been drinking more fluids and watching my sodium more carefully, so hopefully I'll net a loss this week. Why can't all the weight just fall off? =)

Swae on
  • Options

Good =) I know weight watchers works cause I know someone who uses it. Just keep it up and we'll be cheering for ya. I'm impatience too when it comes to waiting for to see results, I can't wait to get home to exercise =) I found myself walking up and down the office building stairs when I have a chance =P no one caught me yet so i'm not crazy haha.

• Options

Good =) I know weight watchers works cause I know someone who uses it. Just keep it up and we'll be cheering for ya. I'm impatience too when it comes to waiting for to see results, I can't wait to get home to exercise =) I found myself walking up and down the office building stairs when I have a chance =P no one caught me yet so i'm not crazy haha.

Get a FitBit and see what crazy lengths that thing will make you take to get your steps in every day!

My WW weigh-in day is Sunday, so I'm going to get on the scale tomorrow and see if there's been any progress. I've been drinking more fluids and watching my sodium more carefully, so hopefully I'll net a loss this week. Why can't all the weight just fall off? =)

Good idea! Let us know how it goes. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Awesome squats Bacon! It feels awesome to put up that much weight, eh? I had to back off because I didn't lift for a while but it feels great to be back doing Starting Strength lifts myself.

And I have to say I'm loving the Fitocracy challenge. You guys are driving me to keep it up. I can't wait for my training plan to progress so I add more weight and miles to get more points per workout. Curse having only two barbell days per week!

Edit: And jnup, if you're putting up those numbers at under 160 consider me mad jelly. That'd be nuts (in an awesome way).

TheTinMan on
  • Options
    Daang I lost my lead on the challenge - @_jnup - well done! I'm gunning for you :D

• Options
    _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Not sure what everyone is doing but I think a carb cycle diet works well. I did it a few years ago, went from 170lbs all the weight down to 148lbs in less than 2 months.
    How I did it was:
    Monday, Tuesday: Low carbs
    Wednesday, Thursday: Moderate
    Friday, Saturday: Normal
    Sunday: All out.

Each week I would cut the amount of carbs until the deadline where Sunday will be you're "Moderate" amount. I would replace the carb intake with fats and protein.

@TheTinMan - If I'm able to keep that strength at that weight, I will be pumped. I think it's doable if I keep it up.

@ishtra - I'm not gonna lie, this shit is tough.

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Ok, I think I'm gonna get in on the weekly weigh in. I made the new years resolution to eat better, exercise more, blah, blah blah. I was doing well the first couple of weeks until I had a minor surgery done that put me completely out of commission for a week and limited my mobility for another week. This week was the first week that I've felt 100%. I had two badass workout sessions so far and I'm hoping for at least three more this week.

My goal is 100lbs by PAX Prime. I'm short. Last year I was hoping to achieve my weight goal by exercise alone, but I know now that it's not enough, so I'll do my best to eat better. PAX Prime is quite a ways away, but I'll be going to plenty of other conventions before then.
    Goal: 100lbs by PAX Prime as well as significant muscle tone

How do you plan on achieving this goal: Exercising at least 5 times a week. Protein shakes twice a day on the days I work out as well as dietary supplements. Lots of water. I'm going to try to lay off the junk food.

Week 1 - 2/5 : 105.0 - A bit surprised because I didn't eat so well this past weekend and it's the first week I've been feeling 100% since the surgery.
    Week 2 - 2/12:
    Week 3 - 2/19:
    Week 4 - 2/26:
    Week 5 - 3/5:
    Week 6 - 3/12:
    Week 7 - 3/19:
    Week 8 - 3/26 :
    Week 9 - 4/2:
    Week 10 - 4/9:
    Week 11 - 4/16:
    Week 12 - 4/23:
    Week 13 - 4/30:
    Week 14 - 5/7:
    Week 15 - 5/14 :
    Week 16 - 5/21:
    Week 17 - 5/28:
    Week 18 - 6/4:
    Week 19 - 6/11:
    Week 20 - 6/18:
    Week 21 - 6/25:
    Week 22 - 7/2 :
    Week 23 - 7/9:
    Week 24 - 7/16:
    Week 25 - 7/23:
    Week 26 - 7/30:
    Week 27 - 8/6:
    Week 28 - 8/13:
    Week 29 - 8/20 :
    Week 30 - 8/27: (Final Weigh-In/Progress Indicator)

vgc on