As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Big Le[chat]ski

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Dicks are such fucking ducks.

Bless your heart.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    i think i may be sick :c

Break up with Aaron.

Lawyer up.

Take your cat to the vet.

Hit the gym.

See a therapist.

Wait...

Go to the doctor.

Yes, that's the one!

I feel obligated to point out that most of these are variations on "consult a professional dealing in your problem"

fuck gendered marketing
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Why is there a fork and knife with that?

Hipsters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPCytfxNU7Y

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Elldren wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    A friend of mine took me out to Middle Eastern lunch at a gas station.

We have multiple awesome restaurants in gas stations here in Kansas City now. It's becoming a thing.
    This does not sound like the best of things.

and yet it is

http://www.pitch.com/fatcity/archives/2009/06/04/oklahoma-joes-one-of-anthony-bourdains-13-places-to-eat-before-he-dies

I feel personally slighted

I basically take Anthony Bourdain's word as law in all manners food because even with the status he has, he will gladly devour things covered in fake melted nacho cheese because that shit is delicious

There's no snobbery in his recommendations like a lot of chefs.

override367 on
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    A friend of mine took me out to Middle Eastern lunch at a gas station.

We have multiple awesome restaurants in gas stations here in Kansas City now. It's becoming a thing.
    This does not sound like the best of things.

and yet it is

http://www.pitch.com/fatcity/archives/2009/06/04/oklahoma-joes-one-of-anthony-bourdains-13-places-to-eat-before-he-dies

I feel personally slighted

I basically take Anthony Bourdain's word as law in all manners food because even with the status he has, he will gladly devour things covered in fake melted nacho cheese because that shit is delicious

It's not his recommendation that grates

it's that the take thats don't even deign to mention Memphis

fuck gendered marketing
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So my car door handle fell off this morning. It's just a metal handle, and it's not like the whole piece disconnected... the metal just snapped. I can still see the other part attached to the car.

I feel like this should be fixable. My coworker recommended just getting some epoxy and attaching the handle back to its base, but my dad says any cementing/gluing job I do could not possibly prepare this handle to endure the forces it has to endure. He also says there is no epoxy that I can use in this weather (currently 8 degrees farenheit and fairly wet)

Who is full of shit? Is there anything I can do with this? I don't want to spend the rest of the winter trying to get in through the other side of the car, and I don't really see this necessitating a mechanic.

In fact, I'm not sure this is the kind of thing a mechanic is for at all.

JB Weld won't work in the cold. You have to replace the handle. On some cars it's a matter of a few screws. On others you're removing the inside door panel. Cost for it will be between $140 to $200 at most shops but I have no idea what labor costs are in Alaska.

if he can dismantle it, he can probably do the gluing indoors too...

You're overstating the difficulty. Removing the trim panel requires some special but cheap tools. But it's not work that requires access to a garage.

no, i mean, like

take the remaining handle off

tale it indoors

gluuue

Eh, if you go through the effort of getting it off, then you might as well replace it. It's a $40 part. JB Weld does work in frozen environments once you let it set but the combination of vibration, cold and the occasional slamming will give it a shorter life span. So unless he replaces the car in the next year, he's likely to break it again. It's one of those fixes where it will work but it's not worth the annoyance of fixing it again.

edited January 2013
    I see liking Anthony Bourdain puts me on a meatbag watch list or something

How do you hide from Geth when hes tracking you

override367 on
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My sound class will be a real and constant threat to my tightly-pinched chequebook (I am a hundred years old, apparently).

That man loves to talk gear.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    : (

my aunt's best friend just got mugged and had her hand sliced with a knife

neighborhood's going to shit

: c

it's p awful

she was crying hysterically, didn't want to go to the hospital, didn't want to call the cops

screaming she just never wants to go outside ever again

fucking dicks, man

It sucks because something intense like that just imprints itself deep.

If it happened to me, I know I would think about it all over again every time I looked at my hand and saw a scar.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    340 calories burned during lunch. Now I get to spend the rest of the day sweaty until its time to walk again after work! Yessssss

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Bourdain is a douchebag.

He's a right douchebag, but a douchebag all the same.

Sausage, mashed potatoes, and shrimp salad. In a roll.

Ludious wrote: »
    Bourdain is a douchebag.

He's a right douchebag, but a douchebag all the same.

Simultaneously the best and worst kind of douchebag.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    When Bourdain was in Stockholm he raved about tunnbrödsrullar.

This is the hipster version of them, but it's just a sausage and mashed potatoes in a wrap with mustard.

tunnbrodsrulle.jpg

that looks awesome

rRwz9.gif
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

Robots can only see movement. Just sit at your chair, motionless, and eventually he'll go away.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Tibetan? I didn't know Tibetan restaurants were a thing.

We had one for a while, but now it's a Panda Express.

Repeating this comment because it's more clever that it sounds at first glance

Robots can only see movement. Just sit at your chair, motionless, and eventually he'll go away.

Also, heat, so stay cool. Try to match the ambient temperature.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    The friend of mine I ate with today got mugged last summer (by a crazed homeless woman, who the police promptly caught, thankfully) and she is still twitchy and nervous about it to this day. It is some awful shit.

rRwz9.gif
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Eddie huang > bourdain

Deal with it

desc on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Eddie huang > bourdain

Deal with it

fresh off the boat is p good

919UOwT.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Bourdain is a chef. There are so few nice ones that it almost seems redundant to call him a douche.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    "You're like a deer or elk in hunting season," says Joe Tombari, a high-school teacher in Spokane, who sometimes locks the door of his classroom during off-periods and checks under his car before he gets near it.

One February day in the mid-1990s, Mr. Tombari and his wife, then living in California, got a knock on the door from a friend. "Hey, Joe, you've got to check this out. You wouldn't believe what I just bought," he said, as he led the two out to his car.

What they didn't know was Sean Raftis, who was "It," had flown in from Seattle and was folded in the trunk of the Honda Accord. When the trunk was opened he leapt out and tagged Mr. Tombari, whose wife was so startled she fell backward off the curb and tore a ligament in her knee.

"I still feel bad about it," says Father Raftis, who is now a priest in Montana. "But I got Joe."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323375204578269991660836834.html

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I like the idea of that wrap, but not the relish.

Do not need relish near eggs.

Lh96QHG.png
    @jacobkosh

ANSWER FOR YOUR CITY, BARBECUE RIVAL!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Bourdain is a chef. There are so few nice ones that it almost seems redundant to call him a douche.

this is why i didnt go to culinary school and instead went for a writing degree

See, and I went into culinary because I thought I was a dpuche. And also because working in a kitchen is fun.

I knew nothing of the depths of douchedom.

So now I'm aiming for Sports Media. There aren't any douches in the media, right?

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    When you are a chef for more than 5 years, you have three choices:

Turn into a monster
    Become addicted to meth
    Retire

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    It's a sausage resting on mashed potatoes.

Why are you people impressed?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    When you are a chef for more than 5 years, you have three choices:

Turn into a monster
    Become addicted to meth
    Retire

IT'S RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

@jacobkosh

we have a rival??

rRwz9.gif
    emnmnme wrote: »
    It's a sausage resting on mashed potatoes.

Why are you people impressed?

Kind of like tortillas.

Some meat in a wrap.

tumblr_m31ix1Zx2b1qi8jcb.jpg

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Is Emeril a good person? He used to have a show at the Whole Foods right next to my office.

gay cob gchat

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    jacobkosh

we have a rival??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxpbhM0DaA

edited January 2013

Also, heat, so stay cool. Try to match the ambient temperature.

Well it's about 90 degrees in here so that shouldnt be too hard

The heat is messed up and the executives aren't in so there's nobody important enough to yell at it into being fixed

override367 on
    One thing I will tire of quickly at college: Instructors having to verbally beat people to convince them to write 250 - 500 word papers.

And then classmates complaining that they only have one week to do it.

'Sgonna take you 20 minutes, folks.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

See, and I went into culinary because I thought I was a dpuche. And also because working in a kitchen is fun.

I knew nothing of the depths of douchedom.

So now I'm aiming for Sports Media. There aren't any douches in the media, right?

You are trained? Observe my gumbo recipe from a few pages ago, and give me your thoughts!

"You're like a deer or elk in hunting season," says Joe Tombari, a high-school teacher in Spokane, who sometimes locks the door of his classroom during off-periods and checks under his car before he gets near it.

One February day in the mid-1990s, Mr. Tombari and his wife, then living in California, got a knock on the door from a friend. "Hey, Joe, you've got to check this out. You wouldn't believe what I just bought," he said, as he led the two out to his car.

What they didn't know was Sean Raftis, who was "It," had flown in from Seattle and was folded in the trunk of the Honda Accord. When the trunk was opened he leapt out and tagged Mr. Tombari, whose wife was so startled she fell backward off the curb and tore a ligament in her knee.

"I still feel bad about it," says Father Raftis, who is now a priest in Montana. "But I got Joe."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323375204578269991660836834.html

holy shit

rRwz9.gif

Sausage, mashed potatoes, and shrimp salad. In a roll.

He also recommended deep fried hot dogs with poppy seeds, cream cheese, and green onions

so

good

This discussion has been closed.