As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FOOTLONG FRAUD

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I always imagined that the texture of microwaved hot dogs is a good reference point for human flesh exposed to nuclear weaponry at a distance.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok. I know I eat all sorts of bizarre shit that would turn most people's stomachs and I know that it's a very common thing that people do all the time, so I don't really have a leg to stand on here, but I just do not fucking get boiling hotdogs. The very concept bends my brain out of shape and I don't think I could eat one because it just sounds so gross for various, unspecified, irrational reasons.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I like having diced tomatoes on my dogs instead of ketchup. It is tasty.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

That sounds great.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Ok. I know I eat all sorts of bizarre shit that would turn most people's stomachs and I know that it's a very common thing that people do all the time, so I don't really have a leg to stand on here, but I just do not fucking get boiling hotdogs. The very concept bends my brain out of shape and I don't think I could eat one because it just sounds so gross for various, unspecified, irrational reasons.
    Nuking a dog aint too bad. Personally, I like to toss them on the grill, get some char marks on them. Don't like to boil the things though, makes the entire house smell like hot dogs.

But the hot dog rollers they have at gas stations? Best hot dogs ever. I remember when I was working at gas station (the closing shift), having to clean one of those, I was supposed to toss out the old dogs out and was too hungry to realize that eating them was a terrible idea. It was like a concentrated hot dog. Almost hot dog jerky.

And it was good.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

Salsa on hot dogs is worth a shot. Seems better than sweet relish, yuck.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Cream cheese on dogs is pretty tasty.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options

That and sriracha and carmalized onions.

• Options
    I've never actually tried sriracha. It's a hot sauce though, isn't it? I'm not really a fan of spicy.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'e found that toaster ovens are really good for cooking hot dogs

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i'm so hungry

• Options
    I'e found that toaster ovens are really good for cooking hot dogs

Indeed.

Toaster ovens are one of the best small kitchen appliances ever. I use 'em for grilled cheese.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    i've

never used my toaster oven to cook 'dogs

hmmmm

• Options
    I've never actually tried sriracha. It's a hot sauce though, isn't it? I'm not really a fan of spicy.

Can your lead belly not handle it?

• Options
    sriracha is great for some stuff, but tapatio will always be my go-to hot sauce

• Options
    mrt144 wrote: »

Can your lead belly not handle it?

Nah, just not fond of any significantly spicy taste for the most part.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Favlaud wrote: »
    i've

never used my toaster oven to cook 'dogs

hmmmm

I've got a couple of pans that came with my toaster oven. I'll put some frozen french fries in and cook those up, and toss a dawg or two on the pan for the last 5 minutes.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I usually use diced tomatoes and green chilies.

It's way better than ketchup.

• Options
    I make homemade ketchup.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    I feel like maybe I need to go get my eyes rechecked. Or maybe just my brain.

I read that as "I make madeup ketchup."

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have a device designed solely for toasting hot dogs and hot dog buns.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also, I like horseradish on my hot dogs.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

ooh

ooh that does sound tasty

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I always imagined that the texture of microwaved hot dogs is a good reference point for human flesh exposed to nuclear weaponry at a distance.

Well, human flesh is not that different from pig flesh, and microwaves do cook using radiation, so you're probably right.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    There's a place in Chicago called Belly Shack. One of the things they serve is the Belly Dog.

It's topped with egg noodles, pickled green papaya, and comes in sort of a pita thing.

It's probably the best hot dog I've ever had.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    The accuracy probably varies

I may look a little different all wiry and dusty brown

Hulk Hogan would probably look exactly the same

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    FYI this food thread is about a billion times better than the other one

Real, important things are being discussed

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    This is the food thread for people who inhabit Flavortown.

• Options

skoot134539310de07f3.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    really though are you calling out people who said they enjoy certain fast food

that is like, trench-tier shaming; a dude can get a $5 Hot n Ready once in a while knowing that it's bad for you and probably tastes worse than an independent pizza place of comparable price but man sometimes you just gotta get your Little Caesar's on and that's alright, that's okay. it doesn't hurt you any!

Highly debatable.
    Druhim wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    After reading through some of this thread it's difficult for me to tell the difference between those that are children and those that just eat like children.

I'm eating a #9 unwich from JJs right now. Deal.

Jimmy John's quality is as good as making the sandwich yourself from a supermarket and their bread is delicious. JJs is grown up foods.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that you can get day-old bread from JJ's for four bits. I'm thinking about getting some this week.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    There's a place in Chicago called Belly Shack. One of the things they serve is the Belly Dog.

It's topped with egg noodles, pickled green papaya, and comes in sort of a pita thing.

Japadog is a Vancouver Institution and genuinely really delicious

I like the Croquette, the Yakisoba and the good old Terimayo

also I'm keen to try the new Avocado dog but it's usually sold out by the time I get there.

• Options
    I love avocados. So good, but they have such a short window of perfect ripeness.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that you can get day-old bread from JJ's for four bits. I'm thinking about getting some this week.

Yup

it's still totally good for making sandwiches and such too; I used to deliver for JJ's and so did this a lot

also, the wheat loaves make excellent french toast

they don't usually save and resell them at most locations (or we didn't, at least) but maybe you could ask

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »

also I'm keen to try the new Avocado dog but it's usually sold out by the time I get there.
    Holy crap.

That menu looks both delicious and intimidating.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Missed opportunity that they didn't name it the Avocadog.

• Options

Yup

it's still totally good for making sandwiches and such too; I used to deliver for JJ's and so did this a lot

also, the wheat loaves make excellent french toast

they don't usually save and resell them at most locations (or we didn't, at least) but maybe you could ask

I did see a sign at a local JJs that says "Day old bread 50 cents" but it I thought it was one of those "retro" signs until someone actually said it here.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options

skoot134539310de07f3.jpg

It was a Christmas present. I haven't used it in years.

• Options
    I love avocados. So good, but they have such a short window of perfect ripeness.

Imperfect avacados are still great. Grilling them is awesome.

• Options
    TallaclasseeTallaclassee you ever seen a lion limber up before it takes down a gazelleRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    I don't want to live in a world without Sriracha sauce

I only discovered it a year ago. For the longest time I just used tabasco. What a dope I was.

tobasco still has its place