As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Beer Steins - East run

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
3/13 update: Pickups times posted. Plan accordingly.

3/10 update: PrePAX pick up times listed. Others SOON.
2/25 update: Order form closed. I will be putting in our order tomorrow. You to just sit back and wait for a bit :)
2/15 update: We received life support (thanks to everyone who offered help <3) and the order form is active. Click >here< to order.

2/14 update: This might be dead in the water. Read more here.

Through a combination of group effort and magic, I present to you:

Pint Beer Steins printed with the PAX Forumer Crest.

@Koalabro2 originally had the idea for the glasses and @lexicongrrl made it happen last Prime. The graphic image is below. It's a 3-color graphic: the whitespace is clear on the glass. The printed red and blue is not exactly the same shade as shown below but is pretty close. Many thanks to @Yamara for creating our crest.

MugGraphic_zps0b36b001.png

Steins_zps81c922cb.jpg

Want one? [Orders Closed]
Here's the low down
- I'm working with www.customglassware.com (who made the previous ones). All the steins will be shipped to me, here in Boston.
- Steins can be picked up at PAX (times/locations TBD), at Boston-area PAXers events, or shipped to you.
- You will need to pay in advance. I will order only steins that are ordered and paid for, no extras.
- Order form and payment instructions have been posted ORDERING IS OVER.
- Each stein will cost $8.50. This covers the cost of the glass itself, shipping to me, and fees incurred by me accepting payments. Packaging and shipping from me to you are extra. Here's the breakdown:

Domestic Shipping and Packing Costs
(message me if you need international shipping)
---a) Unpacked, Naked, Raw Stein = $8.50 ea
---b) Packed in a luggage-safe travelling Box for Pick-Up at PAX = $5 + $8.50 Stein = $13.50 Per Stein
---c) 1 Stein Shipped via USPS Priority Mail, Flat Rate Box $12.35 + $5 for packing + $8.50 Stein = $25.85
---d) 2 Steins Shipped via USPS Priority Mail, Flat Rate Box $12.35 + $5 for packing + $17 Steins = $34.35
---e) 3 Steins Shipped via USPS Priority Mail, Flat Rate Box $12.35 + $5 for packing + $25.50 Steins = $42.85
---f) 4 Steins Shipped via USPS Priority Mail, Flat Rate Box(es) $24.70 + $10 for packing + $34 Steins = $68.70
...and so on

If, at the end, I have overestimated any costs, the extra money will go to Child's Pay. To be perfectly honest, I tried to overestimate the Paypal fees by a few cents. I think it's better to have a little extra to give to CP than to have me spending money out of pocket.

Pickup Schedule
You follow me on twitter to try and keep up with where I am and if I'm running early/late/whatevs: sewingpunzie
PrePAX:
Tuesday - gaming at JJ Foley's
Wednesday - pig roast
Thursday - Westin gamnight

During PAX:
Friday - 6-6:30pm @ Westin mezzanine
Saturday - 9-9:30am @ Westin mezzanine
Sunday - 12-12:30pm @ Westin mezzanine

PostPAX:
I want them gone by this point BUT I might be able to make a Sunday evening and/or Monday day pickup. MAYBE.

HI3789R.png
punzie on

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    these are freaking awesome. I'm totally going to get one. Excited to order!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I never ordered one for Prime, but I'll definitely be getting one now (way easier to bring home)!

• griff6659griff6659 Syracuse , NYRegistered User regular
    I will be ordering a few for me and my buddies!

Well, that is a thing!

PAX East 2014:
    Hotel [x] Transportaion [Driving] Passes [x] Challenge Coin [Soon]

• scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    Awesome!!! Definitely getting some!

sig.php?id=222
  • flubbedpythonflubbedpython Registered User regular
    would be nice to have hope to see ordering available soon.

• MaawdawgMaawdawg CT, USARegistered User regular
    I will be keeping an eye on this for sure. Great idea.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    This is really cool, I may need to keep my eye on these for my crew.

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    First time hearing about this, since I can't make it to Prime but I am interested in getting some for my group at PAX.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    First time hearing about this, since I can't make it to Prime but I am interested in getting some for my group at PAX.

This is exactly why I decided to do a run for East. I knew there were a number of people who only check the forums around East time and I didn't think they should be left out :)

I need to talk to a professional shipper about taking care of the packaging and stuff for me, but I hope to have ordering up mid-week.

HI3789R.png
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I will absolutely be ordering one of these!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    These things are nasty awesome. Got mine in-person last Prime, but you almost (money) have no reason to not get one since they can be shipped :lol:

• CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    These steins are beautiful. Might have to grab one!

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Great job @Punzie!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    I <3 my mug, but i was slightly disappointed that it was not the 25 oz. mug. Any chance in getting some made in that size?

7B14287.png
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Ill be ordering two of these!

• JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    Wow they look great! I'll definitely pick up one or two!

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Excellent idea, Punzie!!!!!! Count me in for one as well!

• Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Will want about 6 please! These are great!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm pretty sure she'll have an actual order form, and that quantities posted here will not be used as anything official (in case there was any confusion)

• xipetotecxipetotec Registered User regular
    Definitely in for this!

peetsnack wrote: »
    I <3 my mug, but i was slightly disappointed that it was not the 25 oz. mug. Any chance in getting some made in that size?

This is up to @Punzie, obviously, but speaking from experience: Glass mugs are big and heavy - it's not like Challenge coins, that can fit in your pocket. It was really hard and a lot of work to haul around hundreds of pounds of the pint mugs to PAX. About 300 were ordered altogether, most of them individually boxed for transport and it took 2 carloads to bring them all to prime, then a wagon to haul them around to pickups.

Lots of people didn't ever make it to a pickup and I was left with about 2 dozen that I schlepped around with me all weekend and ended up having to take home.

I'd suggest that if she decides to do the bigger mugs, offer to have it mailed to you instead of asking her to carry it/them to PAX.

peetsnack wrote: »

I remember you telling me you wanted the bigger size. I'll talk to the company to see what he price difference is and then see what the group prefers.
    I'd suggest that if she decides to do the bigger mugs, offer to have it mailed to you instead of asking her to carry it/them to PAX.

Pfft. Peet (and only Peet) has to schlep his butt over to my house to pick up his mug. :P

HI3789R.png
  • VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
    I'd definitely be interested in a mug or two--and if they come in the bigger size, that's great too.

I live in Boston, so that would probably make picking up the bigger mug a bit easier, as well.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    What is the size of these mugs?

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Oh cool. I must have missed these in the past. I'm definitely going to order once the form is up :)

0j92muX.png
  • rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    I'll get another one this year.

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    As someone who uses this every day, I can swear by their awesomeness. Admittedly I've only ever hand-washed it, but the logo hasn't chipped, faded, or peeled in any way. Truly love my mugs (and am considering more)!

5I7JEDi.png
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm with peet on this - I love the mugs I got last time, but would love a larger size (or a good quality pint glass version) of it. Consider me interested in this. We can discuss at games tonight, if you're coming.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    I got one of the mugs at Prime, but I'd snag a larger one if they were made. So consider me interested.

NSw0gum.png
  • fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    Thank you so much for getting this going for us PAX Easters. I am definitely in for at least two.

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • CryptiksCryptiks Beardmaster Montreal, QcRegistered User regular
    That would be great in my collection!

• ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    I definitely want one, but everyone saying they would grab a bigger one worries me a bit. what are the actual dimensions of the mug? i don't want to order one and be disappointed cause its too small.

7US7VWW.png
    I just got off the phone with the company that makes the glasses. The previous glasses were (supposedly) 16oz (a pint) but I filled mine and measured it and it's more like 14 oz (a bar pint).
    It looks like I can have these made and shipped to me for about $7.50 each.
    Standard pint glasses (no handle) are available for more like $4-5 each. But we'd have to have new plates made because of the difference in the curvature of the glasses.
    The 25oz glasses are technically possible, but probably not in time for PAX and I don't really want to do it: They only make that size in the Jacksonville plant, but the tri-color equipment is only at the Las Vegas plant. So they'd have to make new plates (because the curve of the larger glass is different so they can't use the same ones they made for us before) and then ship special equipment to the Jacksonville plant so they could actually print them. All that plus the 2-3 weeks to print them and 1-2 to ship them to me means very slim chance they'd be here for PAX.

So I really think the way to go now is just a rerun of the pint-size mugs for $7.50-8. Tomorrow I will aim for an exact price, an order form, and a way to pay.

HI3789R.png
  • Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    I'm in total agreement @punzie! Sounds great!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Definitely in for two, you rock Punzie!

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    ok that sounds pretty good. cant wait.

7US7VWW.png
    punzie wrote: »
    The previous glasses were (supposedly) 16oz (a pint) but I filled mine and measured it and it's more like 14 oz (a bar pint).

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You actually went and measured it! ROFLMAO. You're awesome.

• ChiUnit4evrChiUnit4evr Registered User new member
    I'd absolutely be interested in purchasing one of these.

edited January 2013
    I'm still working out some shipping logistics. The guy at the FedEx store basically said I was asking more than his store could handle and I need to talk to this other place instead. Please continue your patient waiting.

punzie wrote: »
    The previous glasses were (supposedly) 16oz (a pint) but I filled mine and measured it and it's more like 14 oz (a bar pint).

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You actually went and measured it! ROFLMAO. You're awesome.
    I absolutely did! Because when the guy said 16oz, my first thought was that he was full of, um, poop. So I checked. Science for the win.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • KapolKapol Registered User regular
    How safe is the luggage safe box? Since I've never made this sort of trip, I'm not sure how well my luggage will be holding up through it.

This discussion has been closed.