As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Big Le[chat]ski

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    if I buy the secret world should I play as alliance or horde and rogue or hunter

Templars are sort of like Alliance with less retard and more fascism. There are no classes but if you focus on rifles and guns in general as well as some melee weapons you can probably pull off a good rogue or hunter, and eventually find a cosmetic pet like my quetzel bird Jimmy to complete the illusion.

Illuminati

Dragon

86E41CE71C18BC17AA13AFD2DA9B3E63C5750458

488W936.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Did skyrim put out a patch? my game no longer works

This was a forgone conclusion.
    The game not working; I have no idea if there's a patch or not though they do generally fuck up a few of the more complex mods.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I love Said

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Who's this Bethany chick?

it's a town

and that snippet is either a very interesting bit of early 2nd century apocrypha or (I think more likely by current scholarship) the most elaborate troll in the history of mankind.

my people call to me from the past

it was probably a super elaborate forgery by an extremely well respected scholar who published two books on it in 1973 and who spent over 20 years having every expert he could authenticate the text.

If it's a forgery it's an absurdly detailed and erudite forgery.

But it seems likely that is the case. A massive effort spanning decades. All to pull of an aboslutely grand "jesus was gay lol"

To be fair, a lot of the gnostic gospels and aprocypha from the dawn of Christianity are forgeries of the writings, or lack thereof, of the apostles and Jesus's disciples from antiquity. If this is done in their style, there's no reason to believe at a glance that it's not another legit ancient "source".

a lot of writing that that made it into the New Testament itself is definetly forgery. Only about half of the Epistles of Paul in the canon could possible be by him. Titus and Timothy 1-2 for example are forged.

And Hebrews isn't even an epistle let alone by Paul. But that isn't a dishonest forgery because it doesn't claim to be by Paul. It was just a mistake by later people who thought it was.

edit

or even in the gospels, the last few versus of Mark are later editions. And the entire story in John about Jesus and the adulteress from which we get the line "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is a later addition as well. Not original to the gospel and definetly not dating back to Jesus.

Forgery is such an ugly word

I prefer to say that it's sourced to the fan modding community

Christianity is just an Unofficial Fan Patch that adds a Second Campaign for Judaism, which is itself just a Total Mod to Zoroastrianism

Zoroastrianism still has the best balance, shame its abandonware now

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    if I buy the secret world should I play as alliance or horde and rogue or hunter

Templars are sort of like Alliance with less retard and more fascism. There are no classes but if you focus on rifles and guns in general as well as some melee weapons you can probably pull off a good rogue or hunter, and eventually find a cosmetic pet like my quetzel bird Jimmy to complete the illusion.

Illuminati

Dragon

Illuminati. For when you just need everyone to talk like your nightmare boss.

• Options
    I love Said

72AD4F9A3DD628D1A2B6B907E9622EB64F89B96F

488W936.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i guess they are making 'girl meets world'

i probably wont watch it

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20669058,00.html

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    on the other hand it does have danielle fischer sooooo

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I don't understand these screenshots!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    i guess they are making 'girl meets world'

i probably wont watch it

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20669058,00.html

I wonder if it will be as big a hit as my series of screenshots entitled "Girl meets Secret World".

488W936.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    oh that is just rad

in the next MWO patch they are making it to PPC and ERPPC hits will shut down an ECM system on their target for 5 seconds

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I'm very fustrated with TSW right now. I'm on a quest that is kill 13 mobs in 9 min. I'm tank spec. So I'm kinda stuck.

• Options
    I don't understand these screenshots!

It's a game with good writing about secret societies, conspiracy theories and myths and legends come alive in the modern day. Combat can be lackluster at times but otherwise the game is solid and has genuinely engaging characters and story and puzzle solving.

I like taking screenshots of it and using the best ones for comedic effect.

FB95794636C51F5260A18D64B71FEFC91025C715

488W936.png
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I'm very fustrated with TSW right now. I'm on a quest that is kill 13 mobs in 9 min. I'm tank spec. So I'm kinda stuck.

What area are you in? i'm off for the night atm but if your anywhere in Egypt's first area or in Solomon Island's areas I might be able to help.

488W936.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Thank you core. You are taking up my slack on a quota of "posts to scroll past" for the evening

• Options

What area are you in? i'm off for the night atm but if your anywhere in Egypt's first area or in Solomon Island's areas I might be able to help.

In the Blue Mountains area.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

ding me next time you're on and I could help

• Options
    Thank you core. You are taking up my slack on a quota of "posts to scroll past" for the evening

What would you prefer instead, oh ray of sunshine?

488W936.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

bro it was a joke I aint give a fuck. I like screenshots.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    So today sucked.

Tomorrow will be worse.

And Monday I might start seriously considering self-harm.

What's up?

Just venting really.

Work's been sucky lately, with performance meeting with a manager on Monday that's not going to go well.

As always though, these things will pass over.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Dammit sales! Just bought every piece of Dragon Age: O and Mass Effect 3 DLC that's on sale right now. :(

• Options

In the Blue Mountains area.

Add me to your friends list (Corehealer) and I will help you out next chance I get, which will probably be tomorrow evening sometime.

If you need help sooner, I suggest trying in the thread for it in the MMO subforum.

Also, don't feel compelled to finish every quest in Blue Mountain; some of the stuff, especially the Wabanaki camp stuff, can get really tedious after a while. If you finish the main story and most of it and grab some Q6 and up, you should be good to go for Egypt.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

i'll help

i'm stuck on a quest that requires me to kill wave after wave of guys with a mortar

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

bro it was a joke I aint give a fuck. I like screenshots.

A102E84986B4D5DB9DB8DDE797CB9E01A44CE839

488W936.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Core I am definitely scrolling past your posts.

Because I have images disabled so they are just strings of random characters <3

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    In The Secret World, various factions, playable or otherwise, fall into one of four distinct categories.

The Illuminati are all about basically looking out for oneself and control the media, and some of their ranks can end up following it, as well. They are TREND.

The Orochi Group, a conglomerate formed of several companies worldwide, are the very definition of CORPORATE ATTITUDE.

The Dragon, with their blathering on about Gaia, are obviously STONER.

The Templars and Phoenicians, however, are ruthless. One faction acts as an army, the other as mercenaries. They are TRUE DOOM-MURDER HEADS.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options

i'll help

i'm stuck on a quest that requires me to kill wave after wave of guys with a mortar

If it's in Solomon Islands I will help next time I'm on.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Is that femshep?

Is that femshep with ME3 low-hanging granny boobs??

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    So today sucked.

Tomorrow will be worse.

I hope you don't. Want to talk about something?

Nah, thanks for the concern though. I just really need to calm down, and unwind (and not think about tomorrow until tomorrow)

On the brightside, this recent bout of depression and anxiety has promoted to me see a doctor. So pills for now (1st one tomorrow morning) and counselling later.

On an aside, suckers cost $5 for like 2 weeks of pills.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I made the best omelet for dinner tonight based off a video I saw in here. I don't know who posted the video earlier today but thank you.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    bleh

the goodness of an episode of DS9 is inversely proportional to how much Odo is gettin' it on.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I got a sweet ass interview Friday, bitches. I just gotta pretend that 1:30pm is not like waking up at 2am for a normal dude.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    So today sucked.

Tomorrow will be worse.

I hope you don't. Want to talk about something?

Nah, thanks for the concern though. I just really need to calm down, and unwind (and not think about tomorrow until tomorrow)

On the brightside, this recent bout of depression and anxiety has promoted to me see a doctor. So pills for now (1st one tomorrow morning) and counselling later.

On an aside, suckers cost $5 for like 2 weeks of pills.

Yay doctor. I hope the meds and counseling help you out.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I got a sweet ass interview Friday, bitches. I just gotta pretend that 1:30pm is not like waking up at 2am for a normal dude.

Watcha interviewing for?

• Options
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    So, now that I've picked up the ME3 DLC that I'm least interested in, and am committed to a third playthrough at some point... are Leviathan and Omega worth buying? I've got some free microsoft points coming in with Bioshock Infinite, and ME3 DLC is one of the options I'm considering for it.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Watcha interviewing for?

Exec assistant to the Vice President at Goodwill Industries of Central Texas.

I fucking crushed the email interview.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    bleh

the goodness of an episode of DS9 is inversely proportional to how much Odo is gettin' it on.

That's the wisest thing you've ever said. *vulcan salute*

This discussion has been closed.