As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    SLyM wrote: »
    I don't really get what's going on with the systems

Are you referring to scanners or something else?

E: Edit for pisspoor spelling

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm referring to pretty much everything

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Ok. Well, the scanners we keep referring to have very useful functions. The scanner in the cabin gives us a list of every person in a specific room. The scanner in engineering tells us whether or not there was an anomaly(mafia) in a specific room. Every night we reveal after vote close what room we were in. Assuming everyone tells the truth it allows us to compile a list to help suss out anyone that decides to be a rebel. It also gives us an easier time holding everyone accountable for their actions.

• Options
    I guess Anialos as I don't really have an argument against it. I've talked to him in pm but nothing major and not enough to sway me one way or the other.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    see i always figured slym as someone who was more aware of things and not easily confused it's probably why i'm thinking he's completely evil hiding under the ignorance disguise

• Options
    Usually when I know what's going on it's because I've been playing the game since day one, and more importantly thinking about the rules since the OP.

I hadn't even looked at the thread before I was asked to play.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    It's interesting how yesterday you indicated your location, but today when people have talked about revealing your location for the previous day (repeatedly), you seem to have missed that every single time.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Vote closes in about 15 mins

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    It's interesting how yesterday you indicated your location, but today when people have talked about revealing your location for the previous day (repeatedly), you seem to have missed that every single time.

It's not like he's the only one who hasn't been reporting in consistently. At least he has the I'm new excuse.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Given that he was identified as someone who could have been in propulsion and made the reactor start leaking, ignorance sounds awfully convenient.

• Options
    In fact, I'll change my vote to SLyM.

• Options
    Ah, I missed that part. That does sound pretty convinient. Did we get a compiled list of yesterday's locations?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    SLyM

• Options
    oh hey hello I was too busy reading the other thread's post game.

• Options
    I meant to mention this earlier but I got distracted trying to fix my titan quest installation.

I am not sure, but why do we think that there is no downside to letting the mafia know where people were?

I mean yeah they aren't going to target people, I get that, but wouldn't that let them know who could have interacted with what, letting them target people more efficiently?

• Options
    Vote closed...

• Options
    Alright guys. Boat hosed. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die tonight, so let me share the information I'm aware of:

Day 1 vote count:

Mill: 7 (enlightenedbum, GrimmyTOA, Kilnaga, BradicusMaximus, Langly, MegaMek, Kime)
    Bertezbertez: 3 (M.D., Invictus, Gandalf_the_Crazed)
    BradicusMaximus: 2 (Bliss 101, Megafrost, Baidol, Gandalf_the_Crazed, Langly)
    Mikey CTS: 2 (Heffling, SeGaTai)
    The Anonymous: 2 (Anialos, Infidel)
    Baidol: 2 (Retaba, Megafrost)
    Langly: 2 (Iron Weasel, jdarksun)
    Infidel: 1 (The Anonymous)
    kime: 1 (Mill)
    Heffling: 1 (Mikey CTS)
    blahmcblah: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    Bliss 101: 1 (Assuran)
    SeGaTai: 1 (OminousLozenge)
    GrimmyTOA: 0 (MegaMek)
    Gandalf_the_Crazed: 0 (Capfalcon)
    Capfalcon: 0 (Gandalf_the_Crazed)
    enlightenedbum: 0 (Baidol)
    TheRoadVirus: 0 (Retaba, OminousLozenge, BradicusMaximus)
    MISSING: Malkor, BertezBertez, blahmcblah

Day 2 vote count:

Iron Weasel: 10 (Bliss 101, GrimmyTOA, Kilnaga, Bertezbertez, Invictus, SeGaTai, Capfalcon, Anialos, Malkor, jdarksun, OminousLozenge, BradicusMaximus, Langly, Invictus)
    Baidol: 7 (GrimmyTOA, Heffling, Enlightenedbum, Invictus, Iron Weasel, Kilnaga, Mikey CTS, kime, Retaba)
    Infidel: 4 (M.D., Megafrost, MegaMek, The Anonymous)
    Kilnaga: 1 (Baidol, Malkor)
    bertezbertez: 1 (Anialos, TheRoadVirus)
    BradicusMaximus: 1 (OminousLozenge
    kime: 1 (Infidel)
    Bliss 101: 1 (BradicusMaximus)
    MISSING: Assuran, Blahmcblah

Day 3 vote count:

Malkor: 22 (Infidel, Retaba, Megafrost, GrimmyTOA, TheRoadVirus, Bliss 101, Kilnaga, enlightenedbum, OminousLozenge, The Anonymous, SLyM, M.D., Capfalcon, Heffling, Baidol, SeGaTai, Anialos, CesareB, BradicusMaximus, Mikey CTS, Langly, MegaMek)
    Infidel: 1 (Malkor)
    Baidol: 0 (GrimmyTOA)
    MISSING: Invictus, Bertezbertez

Day 4 red vote count:

Anialos: 8 (Megafrost, Capfalcon, Heffling, GrimmyTOA, CesareB, enlightenedbum, The Anonymous, Mikey CTS, MegaMek)
    SLyM: 3 (M.D, Megafrost, Langly)
    Heffling: 2 (OminousLozenge, SLyM)
    Mikey CTS: 1 (SeGaTai)
    OminousLozenge: 1 (Kilnaga)
    The Anonymous: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    GrimmyTOA: 0 (Heffling)

Day 4 blue vote count:

Langly: 8 (Langly, Kilnaga, MegaMek, Heffling, TheRoadVirus, GrimmyTOA, OminousLozenge, Megafrost, Mikey CTS, enlightenedbum, CesareB, BradicusMaximus, The Anonymous)
    TheRoadVirus: 4 (TheRoadVirus, Megafrost, Capfalcon, Heffling)
    Capfalcon: 1 (SeGaTai)
    Kilnaga: 0 (Kilnaga)

Day 1 locations:

Bridge: 7 (Megafrost, Gandalf_the_Crazed, kime, enlightenedbum, Capfalcon, Infidel)
    Cabin: 8 (Kilnaga, Invictus, Iron Weasel, Langly, Retaba, Mikey CTS)
    Propulsion: 7 (jdarksun, The Anonymous, BradicusMaximus, MegaMek, GrimmyTOA, Assuran/SLyM, Bertezbertez)
    Engineering: 8 (OminousLozenge, SeGaTai, TheRoadVirus, Anialos, M.D., Bliss 101, Heffling, Mill)
    Unknown: Baidol, blahmcblah, Malkor

Baidol and blahmcblah/cesareB were probably in the cabin
    Malkor probably in the bridge
    Gandalf died to unknown causes (mafia kill)
    Mill died to the vote
    Bliss 101 took damage from gunfire
    Retaba took 9 damage from gunfire
    FTL Transceiver was repaired
    Warp drive was repaired

Day 2 locations:

Bridge: 3 (Infidel, Megafrost, Malkor)
    Cabin: 10 (Mikey CTS, The Anonymous, SeGaTai, MegaMek, Capfalcon, Bliss 101, Heffling, Baidol, Bertezbertez, blahmcblah/CesareB)
    Engineering: 10+1 (Kilnaga, Invictus, Enlightenedbum, Anialos, BradicusMaximus, Retaba, kime, Iron Weasel, Langly, M.D., TheRoadVirus)
    Propulsion: 4 (jdarksun, GrimmyTOA, OminousLozenge, Assuran/SLyM)

Warp drive was sabotaged
    Anomaly scanner (engineering) was sabotaged
    SOS was sent out
    Ship was warped out of the asteroid field
    Someone set up us the bomb in engineering
    Cabin was scanned by the security scanner
    SeGaTai claimed to be shot for 4 damage
    Jdarksun died to unknown causes (mafia kill)
    Iron Weasel died to the vote
    Kime died to gunfire (the work of Langly and Retaba)

Day 3 locations:

Bridge: 5 (Megafrost, Infidel, Malkor, MegaMek, Kilnaga)
    Cabin: 9 (Bliss 101, Mikey CTS, CesareB, The Anonymous, SeGaTai, Bertezbertez, Baidol, Capfalcon, Heffling)
    Engineering: 7 (OminousLozenge, Retaba, Langly, M.D., Invictus, BradicusMaximus)
    Propulsion: 4 (TheRoadVirus, GrimmyTOA, Enlightenedbum)
    Unknown: Anialos, SLyM

Reactor is venting fumes into the cabin
    GrimmyTOA claimed to take 2 damage from gunfire.
    Warp drive is still sabotaged
    Anomaly scanner is repaired
    A bomb exploded in engineering
    SeGaTai claimed to be shot for 4 damage
    Malkor died to the vote
    Bliss 101 died to gunfire
    Retaba died to the bomb
    Infidel died by unknown causes (mafia kill)

Day 4 locations:

Bridge: 1
    Cabin: 10 (M.D., Megafrost, Kilnaga)
    Engineering: 8 (CesareB, Invictus, OminousLozenge, Heffling, Enlightenedbum)
    Propulsion: 2 (TheRoadVirus)

Take a good look at those who were in propulsion on day 3 if none of them turn up mafia. In particular, I'm suspicious of TRV. I offered up TRV as a
    potential blue vote target. Take a look at TRV and anyone who tried to drive the blue vote away from him on day 4. I'm also suspicious of SLyM and
    The_Anonymous.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I'm now in Engineering.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    SLyM wrote: »
    I meant to mention this earlier but I got distracted trying to fix my titan quest installation.

I am not sure, but why do we think that there is no downside to letting the mafia know where people were?

I mean yeah they aren't going to target people, I get that, but wouldn't that let them know who could have interacted with what, letting them target people more efficiently?

It'd be a lot easier to discuss this if it were much sooner than vote close.

Megafrost on
  • Options
    I was in the cabin on day 4.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Engineering.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    i'm now in the helm, unless im dead

• Options
    edited January 2013
    M.D. wrote: »
    i'm now in the helm, unless im dead

Why the helm?

Megafrost on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    i'm just moving, also seeing what options are open to me in each location!

also why would I stay in the cabin, someone is already using the scanner as noted previously (and multiple people attempting to use it just end up being silly), and I dont need to make a bomb, sooooo I moved to the helm.

also deadly radiation or whatever is venting in here and i'm at below half hp!!!

M.D. on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    i'm just moving, also seeing what options are open to me in each location!

also why would I stay in the cabin, someone is already using the scanner as noted previously (and multiple people attempting to use it just end up being silly), and I dont need to make a bomb, sooooo I moved to the helm.

also deadly radiation or whatever is venting in here and i'm at below half hp!!!

You did not read what the scanner does. Each person essentially puts a vote in with the scanner. The winning location of the vote gets scanned. Your failure to use it may cost us results.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    sorry but I did read that, I don't know besides one other who is putting in orders to use it, and he got results back for the location he wanted to scan, so it would seem he was at the time the only one using it.

Also staying in a place where I will take additional damage seems silly as I stated im currently below half health.

M.D. on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    sorry but I did read that, I don't know besides one other who is putting in orders to use it, and he got results back for the location he wanted to scan, so it would seem he was at the time the only one using it.

Also staying in a place where I will take additional damage seems silly as I stated im currently below half health.

You understand you can take an action and move in the same day, yes?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    ah ok I guess I missed that, sorry it's what happens when I play and have tons of homework and dont keep up with everything :(

• Options
    Engineering

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Cabin

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    URGGGGHHHHH

I had someone in the wrong spot on my spreadsheet.
    I have corrected the day 4 map.

Sorry.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I'm hoping I'll get awesome mutant powers if I wait in the Cabin long enough.

Though I'll probably end up with cancer instead.

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    URGGGGHHHHH

I had someone in the wrong spot on my spreadsheet.
    I have corrected the day 4 map.

Sorry.
    This changes everything

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm still fuming over the transceiver mistake

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    Premium is obviously trying to cover up his past lies. Probably because he is mafia.

• Options
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Premium is obviously trying to cover up his past lies. Probably because he is mafia.
    Agreed. premium

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Vote closed...

• Options
    He even waited until after he himself closed the vote to reveal his siniter machinations!

If that isn't proof enough then I don't know what is.

• Options
    Yeah more like I noticed it when I was doing tabulations for today.

Oh yeah, narration!

• Options
    Hour 5 - Counterintelligence

"Welcome aboard the Mantis..."

"The names Hardcastle. Brick Hardcastle. How about we skip the pleasantries and get moving. Some of us have places to be."

In an instant, the Mantis warped off towards the outpost. Even at its top speed, it would take far too long before reinforcements would arrive. The SS Phallatomic was on its own.

"Did anyone get that reactor leak fixed!?"

"Its taken care of, but not before leaked a bunch of gas into the cabin. I'd hate to be in there right now."

"Man down in the cabin! Roger Wilco took a few bullets, and gas leaked into his suit. Not sure which killed him though."

"Dammit. Any other casualties in there?"

"We have another dead, this one's in propulsion! Dirk Stenchhammer just fell down and didn't get back up!"

"Any idea what's causing that yet!?"

"Not a clue. Some of the more jumpy crewmen blamed Guildenstern and decided to transporter beam him into the reactor though. So that's another down."

"Crap."

Megafrost - Roger Wilco, Crewman - Afflicted by a lethal combination of radioactive gas and gunfire.
    TheRoadVirus - Dirk Stenchhammer, Crewman - Fell down and couldn't get back up.
    Anialos - Guildenstern, Researcher - Incinerated in the reactor.
    Langly - Brick Hardcastle, Royalist Spy - Beamed aboard the Mantis to be questioned. Leaves game victorious!

The ship's lighting is permanently disabled!
    The ship's emergency lighting is permanently damaged!
    The warp drive is still sabotaged!
    The reactor is no longer venting radioactive fumes into the cabin!
    The ship is still safely out of the asteroid field!

Status PMs going out now.