As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX Pokemon League: East 2013! LEGENDS!

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Same id like to see forums. I really hope people do doubles.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I thought it was in the OP of this thread.

Yeah, just checked, it is.

• ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Jove wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Jove wrote: »
    This looks very interesting, especially since I got my copy of Pokemon Black 2 last week :D. Very curious to see if I can spot any gym leaders this year.

Also a quick question...Anybody got an Iceberg key by any chance? Apparently I need it to catch an Rejoice so that i can use other two Regi pokemon to capture the boss one. I don't have any friends that play Pokemon White 2 so if anybody else does...well...anybody? XD

The PPL has their own forums that tend to have many people that can talk about trading and whatnot. You're probably more likely to get a response that way.

Really? Is there a link where I can check it out?

BY JOVE, A VISITOR! WHOOPS. Sorry! I have been so busy with my research and organizing the Pokemon League I have neglected this thread!

Yes! You should definitely (if you haven't already) hope over to http://paxpokemonleague.net/forum/ and ask there! Someone will almost certainly be able to help you out.

I would do so personally (I have White 2) but I... actually haven't gotten to the Regis yet. D: ORGANIZING A POKEMON LEAGUE IS A LOT OF WORK OK

*Shame*

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I got Black 2 for Xmas. I am hoping that I get into it enough that I get a team prepared. Two years ago I tried to battle and I was just not ready. I didn't participate last year.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    I am sorry I have left this thread so neglected, but the League has been working SUPER HARD and boy have we got some awesome stuff to show you! PPL East is going to be bigger and better than ever before! More giveaways! More puzzles to solve! More badges to collect! More prizes! And SO MANY POKEMON BATTLES YOU GUYS I can't even describe how many pokemon battles.

PREPARE YOURSELF. It's going to be... LEGENDARY. ;D

Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Did you post the gym leaders yet? I need revenge for getting wrecked by the dancing guy and the lightning guy from last year.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Did you post the gym leaders yet? I need revenge for getting wrecked by the dancing guy and the lightning guy from last year.

In fact, gym leaders are being posted... RIGHT NOW!!! :O We'll be posting a new leader every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!!!

Two gym leaders have already been posted: Berri, the Dragon Ranger, and Rufus, the Pokemon League Janitor! Check them out at http://paxpokemonleague.net/!!!

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I bet Rufus is going to clean up...based on his description, I might have to steel my resolve in order to consider facing him.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
    Coan wrote: »
    Oh man, I bet Rufus is going to clean up...based on his description, I might have to steel my resolve in order to consider facing him.

:D:D:D

• MorgansternMorganstern Registered User regular

Yeah, yeah, I get it. If you think I don't know that old trick you've got another thing coming. Also some pun about fire.

And no fighting in the halls, I just swept up out there.

Sorry, I'll try not to track in any dirt from the ground outside.

Puns will earn you ALL OF THE HIGH FIVES from me.

In leader news: Two new gym leaders have been posted!

From Friday: Reginald, the Ruined Maniac! And today: Yellow de Bosque Verde!

Check them out: http://paxpokemonleague.net/

ALSO! There's going to be a big announcement tomorrow! I am SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS you have no idea. I have been planning... and scheming... scheming and planning. And designing! Oh man. SO MUCH DESIGNING.

I can be pretty lousy with puns, Pokemon tends to make them even worse...

With a lot of the leaders I can see needing a fairly cool character to take advantage of weaknesses, it's going to be a busy month and a half with training a team and migrating them to black or black 2...

THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT IS UP! This year's Trainer Card designs have been revealed!

Check them out: http://paxpokemonleague.net/

Everybody who challenges the league will get one of these! Also, I designed them, so I am very proud. ;D

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    You should be proud. Love 'em :)

My team is 2/3 complete. Be ready!

HI3789R.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I keep seeing this thread thinking it's the pub crawl...

• Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    My team is ready except for one tiny detail: They are still low in level. I know that doesn't fully matter with how battles are done in Unova, but still...

Houndoom, Marowak, Raticate, Crobat, Machamp, Alakazam.
    I don't mind telling you my team. But tell you their attacks? Oh no no no. You'll see those up close and personal.

Now, I just have to figure out what I should have them holding. Oh, 4 items I know already. If I could double, I so would. But since the rules say I can't. And I do play by the rules. I might be bad, but I'm no cheat.

edited February 2013
    Fetch26291 wrote: »
    My team is ready except for one tiny detail: They are still low in level. I know that doesn't fully matter with how battles are done in Unova, but still...

Yep! Flat battles will level your team up or down to 50, so level doesn't matter directly. It just impacts what moves your pokemon can learn!

Also, that looks like a pretty great team! I love when people use pokemon I rarely see on a team, like Marowak!

ALSO ALSO another gym leader has been revealed! Beware the silent ninja tactics of Volaro, the Elusive Rose! http://www.paxpokemonleague.net

Propriety on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    That reminds me I remember you guys having a similar setup with trainer cards last year. I didn't get any card from both gym leaders I fought. Just wondering if the cards will be important for a trainer to have.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Propriety wrote: »
    ALSO ALSO another gym leader has been revealed! Beware the silent ninja tactics of Volaro, the Elusive Rose! www.paxpokemonleague.net

@propriety without the http this link just goes to the top of this page :P

HI3789R.png
  • VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    <poofs onto the scene>
    That reminds me I remember you guys having a similar setup with trainer cards last year. I didn't get any card from both gym leaders I fought. Just wondering if the cards will be important for a trainer to have.

If you're looking to do the Legendary bird challenge, then the cards are pretty important! But if you're just in it for the badges, then its no big deal. So long as you tell the first gym leader you challenge that they're your first, I'm sure we can toss a card your way!

I am SUPER sorry about that (and if you find me at PAX this year, let me know, and I'll make sure you get one of last year's cards! At least it can serve as a souvenir). I am going to do my best to remind all the gym leaders that they should ask people if they have a card and give them one if they don't have one! And I'm going to be going around and handing out cards myself!

The cards are not vital to participate in the PPL! You can definitely participate without one. But, in addition to being a cool souvenir, the cards serve two purposes:

-As Volaro mentions, if you want to help find the Legendary birds and win cool extra prizes, you're going to need a card! This year we've got some really awesome prizes, so I highly encourage participating! Also the puzzle is pretty fun, I think.
    -The cards also list gym leaders who are around your skill level! So if you feel like the leaders you're battling are way too tough, or way too easy, you can focus on finding and battling people listed on your card.

----

ALSO ALSO a new leader has been posted. She's got serious game... meet Catya, the Island Settler! http://www.paxpokemonleague.net (Thanks, Punzie. XD Links are weird here!)

Ok. I am going to beat Ghetsis in BW1 and then get started on a team with BW2. Plenty of time to get one together, right? RIGHT?!

To the grind!

bYf6vNQ.png
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Ok. I am going to beat Ghetsis in BW1 and then get started on a team with BW2. Plenty of time to get one together, right? RIGHT?!

To the grind!

DEFINITELY! It usually only takes me a week or two of nightly playing to get my team together, though I don't IV train or any of that fancy stuff. Picking the moves you want is usually the hard part.

Propriety wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »

To the grind!

DEFINITELY! It usually only takes me a week or two of nightly playing to get my team together, though I don't IV train or any of that fancy stuff. Picking the moves you want is usually the hard part.

No IV training? That kind of relieves me because I don't really want to do all that work. Maybe EV, but not IV.

While grinding away last night, I was toying with the idea of putting together a trainer outfit, but that is just me dreaming big. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    I keep thinking I'd like one, or at least a hat...but never get around to commissioning one out of my cosplaying sister.

Also I'm guessing the new gym leader will have to brace themselves for the influx of 'will trade sudowoodo for mareep' jokes.

Also I'm guessing the new gym leader will have to brace themselves for the influx of 'will trade sudowoodo for mareep' jokes.

Yes yes this right here this is good

(Also PS we posted a new gym leader yesterday because it was Monday and we are updating Monday Wednesday Friday but I don't have to tell you that, do I? You are intelligent, dear challengers, I am sure! You know to check the site religiously on those days!)

A ghost type leader? Interesting, though I've been known to put up a spirited fight, and with the team I've decided on...I'm guessing it'd be a dark day in Boston before I'd fall to the likes of one.

(I'm having way too much fun with this thread)

PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE FROM THOSE PUNS, MISTER

(Also a new leader was posted yesterday I HOPE YOU CHECKED THE SITE. I love Simon so much. Best leader, or BEST leader?

edited February 2013
    I dunno, depends on if the key to beating him is to wait 6 months and find him at prime...(insert slowpoke meme here)...I'll try to cut down on the puns, after all, it looks to be pretty easy to bug both of the new leaders.

Worst part of making a thread full of puns, is that I'll likely have to keep it up when challenging leaders.

Coan on
  • Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    Hey, I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a Fire Emblem 3DS and I had Pokemon black a while ago and didnt like it since the city really drove me nuts(couldnt see, endless talking) would White be any better? Also can I get White 2/Black 2 to challenge the leaders?

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
    Either black/white or black 2/white2 could be used for the challenge as per the rules on the website. As for white/white2 being better, the key difference would be in the version specific city, and where its set in the same region, probably not much better for the city issues. This is assuming you mean the cities in general and not the black city.

• Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    It was just the big city that bugged me. I actually got a 3DS XL today and white and let my buddy have the FE DS as he really wanted it haha
    REDACTED : I guess it was modded and I just reset it :( womp womp

Alpha I Omega on
    | Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    Castelia probably, there isn't as much to really do there on your way through from what I recall in 2, aside from run around the sewers and find the park to catch wild Eevee.

• Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Newest Gym Leader announced is a Wooper fanatic named Melanie. Wait... isn't Melanie also the name of Shuckle Girl?

Hey, so just curious, what level should I be at? 100? 50?
    Also would the Swords of justice trio be acceptable to play? So Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion?

Rules page: basic rules, 9.
    the rules for the type of match will set all pokemon to 50, if you're below 50, they'll level up to that for the match, if you're above, it'll level down.

Yes those pokemon are allowed as per the rules: http://paxpokemonleague.net/rules/
    Keldeo is not allowed (though you didn't name it, it is part of that group).

Also, I hate Wooper and its evolution...and any other water/ground pokemon for that matter. I don't have a pun for this, I considered something about a can of woop-ass, or something, but even I have standards...

I guess you could say...you dont give a woop about Wooper.
    I'm sorry, I'll see myself out.
    Thanks for the info!

What's this, new gym leaders? Something's fishy about the newest one...

No time for good puns, I need to actually finish leveling and stuff sometime this month.

• VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    You might say that a few of our gym leaders may be... swamped with challengers. Hah... haha. Hah. Hrm.