As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Could Langly have been the bomber?
    Langly wrote: »
    Also just to make sure it's clear, I was in engineering again yesterday, where the bomb went off.

It's only his word I'm going by, but at this point he had already outed himself as the spy.

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    We should decide where we are scanning tonight so we can give clear instructions to those people who will inevitably come at vote close asking what to do.

I'm thinking cabin or bridge. They both have few players in them, which narrows things down if we get a positive result.

Is anyone in propulsion planning to shut down the gas? I'm sure that the people scanning in the cabin would appreciate it.

Unless I'm totally mistaken, someone did last night.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Cabin/Bridge/Propulsion all give us a reasonable number of people to analyze where we either confirm someone or have a 1/3(4) chance of identifying a mafia member.

Don't know if any of those places are more likely to have a mafia in them, sabotaging the scanner would be useful to them since it doesn't look like we will have confirmed locations after tonight since propulsion was targeted last night.

thoughts for other locations?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Anyone who was in the cabin last night should fess up. Megafrost was murdered by guns, not by the mafia kill. Come out and play, mafia.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Cabin/Bridge/Propulsion all give us a reasonable number of people to analyze where we either confirm someone or have a 1/3(4) chance of identifying a mafia member.

Don't know if any of those places are more likely to have a mafia in them, sabotaging the scanner would be useful to them since it doesn't look like we will have confirmed locations after tonight since propulsion was targeted last night.

thoughts for other locations?

Can you clarify this for those of us who are newer/don't like paying close attention?

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Previously everyone posted where they were the following night, and since the villagers have no reason to lie, mafia likely had to follow to fit in. This was helped by the security scanner report which told the location of one room, chosen by everyone that activated the scanner, so it confirmed everyones claimed location.

Last night we only have the confirmed location of a dead guy-I think we can still identify where everyone was by everyone posting where they were last night, but it will all be hearsay

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    what exactly was langly's wincon anyway?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Kill kime, survive.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    And Kime's was: Kill Langly, survive.

Also, what the hell is with this MD vote? Gut based votes at this stage of the game? For shame. Megafrost left us all a perfectly amazing info dump before he died. Let's use it.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    It seems like someone with a single target wouldnt have an AOE ability. Did we have a bomb go off since Engineering?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    And Kime's was: Kill Langly, survive.

Also, what the hell is with this MD vote? Gut based votes at this stage of the game? For shame. Megafrost left us all a perfectly amazing info dump before he died. Let's use it.

He was present in Engineering when it was sabotaged and in the cabin when Megafrost was murdered and claims to understand less about the game than I believe.

• Options
    It seems like someone with a single target wouldnt have an AOE ability. Did we have a bomb go off since Engineering?

They technically don't until they make that bomb

And no

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Megafrost's info dump with today's flashy colours added in. Everything following is his (including his suspicion of SLyM and T_A down at the bottom):

Day 1 vote count:

Mill: 7 (enlightenedbum, GrimmyTOA, Kilnaga, BradicusMaximus, Langly, MegaMek, Kime)
    Bertezbertez: 3 (M.D., Invictus, Gandalf_the_Crazed)
    BradicusMaximus: 2 (Bliss 101, Megafrost, Baidol, Gandalf_the_Crazed, Langly)
    Mikey CTS: 2 (Heffling, SeGaTai)
    The Anonymous: 2 (Anialos, Infidel)
    Baidol: 2 (Retaba, Megafrost)
    Langly: 2 (Iron Weasel, jdarksun)
    Infidel: 1 (The Anonymous)
    kime: 1 (Mill)
    Heffling: 1 (Mikey CTS)
    blahmcblah: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    Bliss 101: 1 (Assuran)
    SeGaTai: 1 (OminousLozenge)
    GrimmyTOA: 0 (MegaMek)
    Gandalf_the_Crazed: 0 (Capfalcon)
    Capfalcon: 0 (Gandalf_the_Crazed)
    enlightenedbum: 0 (Baidol)
    TheRoadVirus: 0 (Retaba, OminousLozenge, BradicusMaximus)
    MISSING: Malkor, BertezBertez, blahmcblah

Day 2 vote count:

Iron Weasel: 10 (Bliss 101, GrimmyTOA, Kilnaga, Bertezbertez, Invictus, SeGaTai, Capfalcon, Anialos, Malkor, jdarksun, OminousLozenge, BradicusMaximus, Langly, Invictus)
    Baidol: 7 (GrimmyTOA, Heffling, Enlightenedbum, Invictus, Iron Weasel, Kilnaga, Mikey CTS, kime, Retaba)
    Infidel: 4 (M.D., Megafrost, MegaMek, The Anonymous)
    Kilnaga: 1 (Baidol, Malkor)
    bertezbertez: 1 (Anialos, TheRoadVirus)
    BradicusMaximus: 1 (OminousLozenge
    kime: 1 (Infidel)
    Bliss 101: 1 (BradicusMaximus)
    MISSING: Assuran, Blahmcblah

Day 3 vote count:

Malkor: 22 (Infidel, Retaba, Megafrost, GrimmyTOA, TheRoadVirus, Bliss 101, Kilnaga, enlightenedbum, OminousLozenge, The Anonymous, SLyM, M.D., Capfalcon, Heffling, Baidol, SeGaTai, Anialos, CesareB, BradicusMaximus, Mikey CTS, Langly, MegaMek)
    Infidel: 1 (Malkor)
    Baidol: 0 (GrimmyTOA)
    MISSING: Invictus, Bertezbertez

Day 4 red vote count:

Anialos: 8 (Megafrost, Capfalcon, Heffling, GrimmyTOA, CesareB, enlightenedbum, The Anonymous, Mikey CTS, MegaMek)
    SLyM: 3 (M.D, Megafrost, Langly)
    Heffling: 2 (OminousLozenge, SLyM)
    Mikey CTS: 1 (SeGaTai)
    OminousLozenge: 1 (Kilnaga)
    The Anonymous: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    GrimmyTOA: 0 (Heffling)

Day 4 blue vote count:

Langly: 8 (Langly, Kilnaga, MegaMek, Heffling, TheRoadVirus, GrimmyTOA, OminousLozenge, Megafrost, Mikey CTS, enlightenedbum, CesareB, BradicusMaximus, The Anonymous)
    TheRoadVirus: 4 (TheRoadVirus, Megafrost, Capfalcon, Heffling)
    Capfalcon: 1 (SeGaTai)
    Kilnaga: 0 (Kilnaga)

Day 1 locations:

Bridge: 7 (Megafrost, Gandalf_the_Crazed, kime, enlightenedbum, Capfalcon, Infidel)
    Cabin: 8 (Kilnaga, Invictus, Iron Weasel, Langly, Retaba, Mikey CTS)
    Propulsion: 7 (jdarksun, The Anonymous, BradicusMaximus, MegaMek, GrimmyTOA, Assuran/SLyM, Bertezbertez)
    Engineering: 8 (OminousLozenge, SeGaTai, TheRoadVirus, Anialos, M.D., Bliss 101, Heffling, Mill)
    Unknown: Baidol, blahmcblah, Malkor

Baidol and blahmcblah/cesareB were probably in the cabin
    Malkor probably in the bridge
    Gandalf died to unknown causes (mafia kill)
    Mill died to the vote
    Bliss 101 took damage from gunfire
    Retaba took 9 damage from gunfire
    FTL Transceiver was repaired
    Warp drive was repaired

Day 2 locations:

Bridge: 3 (Infidel, Megafrost, Malkor)
    Cabin: 10 (Mikey CTS, The Anonymous, SeGaTai, MegaMek, Capfalcon, Bliss 101, Heffling, Baidol, Bertezbertez, blahmcblah/CesareB)
    Engineering: 10+1 (Kilnaga, Invictus, Enlightenedbum, Anialos, BradicusMaximus, Retaba, kime, Iron Weasel, Langly, M.D., TheRoadVirus)
    Propulsion: 4 (jdarksun, GrimmyTOA, OminousLozenge, Assuran/SLyM)

Warp drive was sabotaged
    Anomaly scanner (engineering) was sabotaged
    SOS was sent out
    Ship was warped out of the asteroid field
    Someone set up us the bomb in engineering
    Cabin was scanned by the security scanner
    SeGaTai claimed to be shot for 4 damage
    Jdarksun died to unknown causes (mafia kill)
    Iron Weasel died to the vote
    Kime died to gunfire (the work of Langly and Retaba)

Day 3 locations:

Bridge: 5 (Megafrost, Infidel, Malkor, MegaMek, Kilnaga)
    Cabin: 9 (Bliss 101, Mikey CTS, CesareB, The Anonymous, SeGaTai, Bertezbertez, Baidol, Capfalcon, Heffling)
    Engineering: 7 (OminousLozenge, Retaba, Langly, M.D., Invictus, BradicusMaximus)
    Propulsion: 4 (TheRoadVirus, GrimmyTOA, Enlightenedbum)
    Unknown: Anialos, SLyM

Reactor is venting fumes into the cabin
    GrimmyTOA claimed to take 2 damage from gunfire.
    Warp drive is still sabotaged
    Anomaly scanner is repaired
    A bomb exploded in engineering
    SeGaTai claimed to be shot for 4 damage
    Malkor died to the vote
    Bliss 101 died to gunfire
    Retaba died to the bomb
    Infidel died by unknown causes (mafia kill)

Day 4 locations:

Bridge: 1
    Cabin: 10 (M.D., Megafrost, Kilnaga)
    Engineering: 8 (CesareB, Invictus, OminousLozenge, Heffling, Enlightenedbum)
    Propulsion: 2 (TheRoadVirus)

I'm also suspicious of SLyM and
    The_Anonymous.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I may be missing some last-minute vote changes there. I'll double check right now.

EDIT: No, Megafrost was right on top of things. He seems to have gotten even the last vote by Langly.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    I may be missing some last-minute vote changes there. I'll double check right now.

EDIT: No, Megafrost was right on top of things. He seems to have gotten even the last vote by Langly.

<3 Megafrost. After failing miserably to keep accurate counts in the Phalla Phalla, and dying as a result thereof, I have sworn off counting votes. It literally got me figuratively murdered!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Someone's gotta carry the banner:

(2) M.D. - OminousLozenge, Baidol
    (1) CapFalcon - Zombie Hero

*Wipes sweat from brow

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    You suck, Grimmy. I was in the middle of putting the colors in myself. :(

Also, Updated Day 4 locations:

Bridge: 1 (BB/ZH)
    Cabin: 11 (M.D., Megafrost, Kilnaga, SeGaTai, GrimmyTOA, MegaMek, The Anonymous, MikeyCTS)
    Engineering: 8 (CesareB, Invictus, OminousLozenge, Heffling, Enlightenedbum, Langly, BradicusMaximus, Capfalcon)
    Propulsion: 1 (TheRoadVirus)

Everybody remaining who hasn't claimed pretty much had to be in the Cabin. Although, we should take note of the people who went out of there way to not claim their location (If you did claim, and I missed it, please point me to the post).

We had multiple people claim they were damaged last night.

@MikeyCTS
    @TheAnonymous
    @OminousLozenge

Could you be more specific and tell us how much damage you took last night?

TA and Mikey also both claimed to be in the Cabin last night, which is the same room Megafrost was gunned down in. Megafrost was only shot by a single mafia. His death narration: "Afflicted by a lethal combination of radioactive gas and gunfire. "

He had been shot twice for 3 damage already, had he not? Another 3 damage plus the 1 from the radiation did him in. It'd be very helpful to hear from the other injured to figure out how many other shooters were present in the room.

Since it seems we had multiple shooters in the Cabin last night, that definitely seems to be one of the better places for us to start today's search. I do agree that MD is suspicious. MegaMek is up there on my list as well.

Also, I haven't really been paying much attention up to this point. Who did SLyM replace, because I don't see it marked in the OP. ;>_>

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    SLyM replaced Assuran.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    I took 4 damage from gunfire. That's as much as I got from the PM.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    that is true

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I took 9 damage, plus 1 from radiation. I assume my continued survival was not intentional.

Also:
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Last night we only have the confirmed location of a dead guy-I think we can still identify where everyone was by everyone posting where they were last night, but it will all be hearsay
    I can't help but think this is exactly what the mafia wanted. I would look at anyone who suggested scanning that room last night.

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

So more than likely, two shooters?

• Options
    I can tell you anyone searching the storage lockers in the cabin could have picked up a 4-damage gun.

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

So more than likely, two shooters?

Just 1 shooter against Mikey. 4 damage weapons are present and could be drawn from the weapons lockers as Baidol said. Another single shooter against Megafrost to finish off what remained of his HP, and then some sort of weird Mafia attack against TA (the same thing that hit Retaba earlier?).

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Mafia do not need to actually target someone to do damage. I expect them to have the same restrictions as the rest of us where the mafia all say "I attack player X" and those in the same room as Player X do while the other just shoot someone in the room.

• Options
    Mafia do not need to actually target someone to do damage. I expect them to have the same restrictions as the rest of us where the mafia all say "I attack player X" and those in the same room as Player X do while the other just shoot someone in the room.

I concur. Seeing as we caught Malkor based on location based shots fired, this seems to be the case.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Or a three. I got a three-damage gun last night from the cabin locker.

So, two, three, four... anyone seen a five or higher?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Or a three. I got a three-damage gun last night from the cabin locker.

So, two, three, four... anyone seen a five or higher?

Or a gun that can hit multiple targets?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    @Kilnaga I took 2 damage from a gun.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Since no one else is, I am making an executive decision. Everyone scans the bridge tonight. Put in your orders now before you forget.

Baidol on
  • Options
    Since no one else is, I am making an executive decision. Everyone scans the bridge tonight. Put in your orders now before you forget.

Executive decision overruled. Scan a room where we don't already know everybody located in it.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    You're not the boss of me Baidol!

• Options

Executive decision overruled. Scan a room where we don't already know everybody located in it.

Do we know if those people are mafia or not?

• Options

If you do, you should let us know, so we can vote them out.

• Options

Well MD is one of those people (because that's where he said he was moving from the cabin if he lived). So you're plan is to kill him, and then scan the room he was in? Sounds like a big waste.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options

Well MD is one of those people (because that's where he said he was moving from the cabin if he lived). So you're plan is to kill him, and then scan the room he was in? Sounds like a big waste.

There is no guarantee MD dies tonight nor is there a guarantee my vote stays where it is. There is an issue, yes, where because the vote comes last, if MD comes up red we do not know if the anomaly scanner comes up positive because he was the only mafia there or if there is more than one. We need to get this sorted sooner rather than later so we can get orders in before people forget and the mafia do something else with it, if they do not already have a number advantage in those areas anyway.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Guys, I'm in the cabin. Stop putting me in engineering.

I like Baidol's plan, and will enter orders to scan propulsion again tonight.

Also, my scan on propulsion last night only revealed TRV in the room. It was 11 in cabin and only TRV in propulsion per the Day 4 narration.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Since no one else is, I am making an executive decision. Everyone scans the bridge propulsion tonight. Put in your orders now before you forget. Propulsion because having more people to choose from is good.

Baidol on
  • Options
    That was supposed to be an edit, but that works as well.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Might want to make it big and bold and whatnot. Just in case.

If you have access to either scanner, please scan propulsion tonight.

GrimmyTOA on