As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    He's still sending out PMs and such as far as I know. TA was likely in the Cabin still. We'll know for sure when the map goes up.
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Nothing, that's not the point. I just needed to know which people were there on both days. And that's Baidol, CesareB, Mikey CTS, and... Anyone else? I need to find a full list.

That is the full list for the second day.

You didn't post a full day 1 list, but Baidol just covered that.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I left out the dead in my version of the Day 1 list.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Yes, I got that. But I wanted to be absolutely thorough.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Please check my list. I have the map for day 5 listing 17 people but there being 18 active players.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Day 6 Map:

Phallatomicshipsectionedday6_zpsaf9cb447.png

Invictus died in Engineering
    MD died in the Bridge
    SLyM was transported from Engineering
    The Anonymous died in the Cabin

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Baidol wrote: »
    Please check my list. I have the map for day 5 listing 17 people but there being 18 active players.

Who was the 18th player then? I only count 17, which matches the map.

Also, TA died in the Cabin as I thought.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So hopefully SLyM was the one who sabotaged life support? Would make me feel safer, since I've been hanging out in engineering.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

Who was the 18th player then? I only count 17, which matches the map.

Also, TA died in the Cabin as I thought.

I figured it out. bertez was replaced by ZH and blah was replaced by Cesare. I still had bertez in the game because I though ZH replaced blah.

• Options
    How about we get those scanning results in the open, bum.

• Options
    So hopefully SLyM was the one who sabotaged life support? Would make me feel safer, since I've been hanging out in engineering.

I'm thinking it more likely SLyM was still in the cabin and finished off TA. We'll definitely need to wait for everybody to finish reporting in their location/action yesterday and wait for any damage reports to be certain.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    No anomalies were present in the scanned area

• Options

Does the PM specify the scanned area was propulsion?

• Options
    That was also my result.

• Options

I'm thinking it more likely SLyM was still in the cabin and finished off TA. We'll definitely need to wait for everybody to finish reporting in their location/action yesterday and wait for any damage reports to be certain.

• Options

Nah. The results are based on what the majority wanted to scan. We can only hope that it was actually propulsion that was scanned

• Options
    edited January 2013

Well I certainly wasn't paying attention there. :P

Well then yes. SLyM could have sabotaged Life Support. Although, the remaining suspects who sabotaged Engineering on Day 2 were also both present, so that doesn't say much, nor clear anybody.

Which also means somebody else, who was still in the Cabin, finished off TA.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and come clean; I shot someone in the cabin for 6 damage last night. If TA was already wounded, my attack and the sabotage would likely be enough to finish him off.

• Options
    Had a pretty fishy conversation with someone. Has anyone been stunned in this game yet? I haven't seen anyone mention anything on it which is why I'm highly suspicious of it.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and come clean; I shot someone in the cabin for 6 damage last night. If TA was already wounded, my attack and the sabotage would likely be enough to finish him off.

TA told everybody yesterday that he was wounded, and you figured it'd be a good thing to go randomly firing for that much damage? -.-

Also, 6 damage, what the hell? That would certainly make it easier, and require less people of the mafia, to be shooting off those 9 damage attacks. Crazy suspicious.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I did not see anything about TA being injured. I had 5 pages of responses to read when I woke up today, and only 3 hours before the vote.

So yeah, I'm gonna also throw this out there. I can do 9 damage in one round if I stand still to do it. I'm not the only one.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    Which is why I've been asking about people who were in the cabin on both days 1 and 2, because I'm certain it was one of them that shot Retaba.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Speaking of damage, some asshat/asshats decided to hit me for 4

in engineering in case it needed clarification

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options

Nah. The results are based on what the majority wanted to scan. We can only hope that it was actually propulsion that was scanned

Ok then.

We need to make assumptions to analyze this data. Assumption number one is that someone who got anomaly scanner results last night is not mafia, meaning we can trust "no anomalous readings were found" last night.

If we make that assumption, we know engineering was not scanned, because SLyM was there.

Assumption two is that the mafia did not control which area was scanned because, if they did, they would have scanned engineering to obfuscate the results. If this assumption is true, then we can assume that it was Propulsion that was scanned.

• Options

Ok then.

We need to make assumptions to analyze this data. Assumption number one is that someone who got anomaly scanner results last night is not mafia, meaning we can trust "no anomalous readings were found" last night.

If we make that assumption, we know engineering was not scanned, because SLyM was there.

Assumption two is that the mafia did not control which area was scanned because, if they did, they would have scanned engineering to obfuscate the results. If this assumption is true, then we can assume that it was Propulsion that was scanned.

Huzzah! Good job team. Mystery of whos mafia in propulsion solved. Who wants a scooby snack?

• Options
    Anyone else who got anomaly scanner results needs to speak up after they wake up and read the thread. I would like more than two people to confirm the result. I do not want to find out after the game that the mafia lied about no anomalies being found tonight.

Those with cabin scanner results would be useful as well.

• Options
    Should be noted that scan is a special (marked by *), so it's limited in players. Bradicus and I both got results. I entered propulsion, Bradicus says he did too. Just for extra clarity:

What happens if there is a tie vote for the location to be scanned? Die roll?

I find it a little unlikely that there were 2 more people there who could scan, personally. So it's probably legit. I'd put it at like 90%.

• Options
    I would seriously hope at this point I'm still not being considered part of the maybe-mafia list

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Except Invictus could use the scanner as well. The mafia could have used their kill on him to prevent him from confirming results. They could have killed him for some other reason as well, but regardless of the mafia's motivations Invictus' input would have been accepted by the machine.

Edit: I would also be concerned of SLyM's input into the machine, but he would not have been able to use the machine as well as sabotage life support.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I would seriously hope at this point I'm still not being considered part of the maybe-mafia list

Everyone is still on the list, just some people are higher on the list than others.

Baidol on
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Should be noted that scan is a special (marked by *), so it's limited in players. Bradicus and I both got results. I entered propulsion, Bradicus says he did too. Just for extra clarity:

What happens if there is a tie vote for the location to be scanned? Die roll?

I find it a little unlikely that there were 2 more people there who could scan, personally. So it's probably legit. I'd put it at like 90%.

CD here.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Except Invictus could use the scanner as well. The mafia could have used their kill on him to prevent him from confirming results. They could have killed him for some other reason as well, but regardless of the mafia's motivations Invictus' input would have been accepted by the machine.

Edit: I would also be concerned of SLyM's input into the machine, but he would not have been able to use the machine as well as sabotage life support.

Right. So if we assume SLyM sabotaged life support, there were five people left. If Bradicus and I are both telling the truth and Invictus followed instructions (which he seemed like he would), it's locked. If he didn't, either both of the other two people in Engineering both can access the scanner (somewhat likely, as locations are self-selecting) AND are mafia AND picked a different location AND there was another mafia in propulsion they desperately wanted to hide AND they won the tie or we got the results we wanted.

I'm saying the odds are low.

I trust Bradicus. He says he entered propulsion. I entered propulsion. Therefore, I think our best play is to trust the people who were in propulsion last night.

Unless, like, you were shot, as you were one of those people.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Also, I suppose I should put my money where my mouth is. I say I trust Bradicus. I am not mafia. Therefore if I'm right about Bradicus, Kilnaga must be the one who sabotaged engineering on day 2. Kilnaga was also in the cabin day one and day four when shots were fired to unfortunate effect.

SeGaTai's vote record continues to be suspicious, with the addition of trying to make M.D. the vote leader over SLyM, but his locations only correspond with the day four shots. I think the location stuff is probably more reliable than vote records, so I'm going with Kilnaga.

• Options
    Also, I suppose I should put my money where my mouth is. I say I trust Bradicus. I am not mafia. Therefore if I'm right about Bradicus, Kilnaga must be the one who sabotaged engineering on day 2. Kilnaga was also in the cabin day one and day four when shots were fired to unfortunate effect.

SeGaTai's vote record continues to be suspicious, with the addition of trying to make M.D. the vote leader over SLyM, but his locations only correspond with the day four shots. I think the location stuff is probably more reliable than vote records, so I'm going with Kilnaga.

Except I already said that on Day 2 I fired off a gun in Engineering for 3 damage, which MD confirmed (because he's the one who took said damage). So no, I didn't sabotage Engineering.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Note, SeGaTai was also in location to have fired shots in the Cabin on Day 4. As was Mikey CTS. Mikey CTS was also in position to have fired shots in the Cabin Day 1.

According to MegaMek, who has some fancy crazy damage powers. With the way his role's power works, he could do 9 damage in a single night under certain conditions. Mikey CTS was in the Cabin when Retaba was shot for 9 damage, and meets those conditions. MegaMek's role has access to the scanner, and Mikey was in Engineering last night as well. He could have easily messed with results (although, I'm not sure he would have needed to). I doubt any mafia were present in Propulsion.

If I had to take a stab at guessing the three remaining mafia at this point (Its 3, right? That'd fit the standard 20%?) It'd be: Mikey CTS, SeGaTai, and Enlightenedbum.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    To be clear, I can use the security scanner. I've not been to engineering, so I don't know if I can access that one.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    oOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    I was in propulsion last night.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    I also don't think that Klnaga is mafia, because he came to me yesterday in private and laid out a pretty damning case against SLyM. He's definitely the reason I voted as I did.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Mikey CTS

MegaMek on
  • Options
    Mikey CTS

Editing vote posts, Naughty, naughty.

- Terence McKenna