As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Pax Parties!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's pretty far away from PAX still for party info to be public. I wouldn't worry too much.

• RevGutterRevGutter Registered User regular
    In the past announcements would start being made around late January to February so you'll most likely be seeing details in the next few weeks

• TheGannondorkTheGannondork Registered User new member
    Cant wait to hear more about the partys!

• JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    If you want to go to the "Made in MA" party use "PAXMA" for the coupon code and you can go for free!

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    If you want to go to the "Made in MA" party use "PAXMA" for the coupon code and you can go for free!

Awesome - thanks for the heads up, I put in for a ticket for this.

• VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    Totally looking forward to hitting up at least one of the PAX parties, this time around. I never managed to during my previous trips. Especially that Harmonix one!

• scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    Mad Catz will be hosting a Pre-PAX party called Mad Catz Unveiled. It takes place on Thursday, March 21st, 9pm-1am at Guilt on Tremont Street. 21+. Tickets are $50 each. More details here.

sig.php?id=222
  • GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    $50 just to get in? Jesus, at that price drinks better be free.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    GrimRupert wrote: »

Haha well according to the event description, no one leaves empty handed. Although $50 for Mad Cats items isn't too appealing.

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    this is not necessarily a pax party but its on the same day its over in rhode island http://www.tightcrew.net/ddr-2nd-mix.html its a ddr themed rave i know the guys who put them on and i've attended two of them as a vender and they are always a blast
    Since it's so far away, I don't think I'm going to list it. But thanks for the info!

its a commuter rail trip then a cab ride there plus its on all night, also there will be tons of ddr and beat based games all on freeplay

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Jim McAwesomeJim McAwesome PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I remember seeing flyers last year for a party with an open bar. Didn't end up going, but heard from other people that there were huge lines for drinks anyway. Maybe this year I'll be able to drag myself away from the convention center to do some partying.

cy9khf61zdnc.png
    edited February 2013
    Haha well according to the event description, no one leaves empty handed. Although $50 for Mad Cats items isn't too appealing.
    LOL, indeed the price is steep, and you may not enjoy the swag. But I'm probably gonna go...Guilt is a cool club, the employees are awesome, and I like to schmooze. :D

scottyb1218 on
    sig.php?id=222
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    LOL, indeed the price is steep, and you may not enjoy the swag. But I'm probably gonna go...Guilt is a cool club, the employees are awesome, and I like to schmooze. :D

Just bought the ticket. Gonna be fun night, hopefully drinks free or reasonable. Either way, should be cool.

Yup, bought my ticket too.

sig.php?id=222
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Id rather do the Pub crawl...

YELLOW TEAM!

I'm gonna try doing the pub crawl too!

sig.php?id=222
  • GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »

Just bought the ticket. Gonna be fun night, hopefully drinks free or reasonable. Either way, should be cool.

Actually, it seems Mad Catz actually has some pretty bad ass arcade sticks for fighting games now. I guess once they couldn't profit off of cheap and glitchy Playstation memory cards they were forced to become a company of quality? Who know?

But even then, I'd be more interested except, well, I kind of hate the very idea of Pro-Gaming. Half of it is personal baggage, but in the end I'm not sure I want to go to a party that is very Pro-Gamer centric.

On the other hand, I do like to get drunk around other nerds that I can then totally nerd out with.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »

Actually, it seems Mad Catz actually has some pretty bad ass arcade sticks for fighting games now. I guess once they couldn't profit off of cheap and glitchy Playstation memory cards they were forced to become a company of quality? Who know?
    Their "new" (they started their rebranding with their arcade sticks and fightpads when vanilla SF4 was released) sticks and fightpads are really well done (especially the TE sticks, of which I have one.) They have turned it around, and have even gotten into publishing (they republished Rock Band 3 late last year.)

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Updated the OP! WOO! Feels good to have the first PAX party listed!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    How old do you have to be to get into the made in ma party?

• Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Most likely going to punch my ticket to the Mad Catz party next week! Usually go to the Whiskey Priest the Thursday before PAX with my friends (it's next to the Seaport Hotel) - but now that i'm 21, that's gonna change :D

Keep 'em coming, i'm searching for PAX Parties myself on the webz/through friends.

update - Curse will be back! http://www.curse.com/forums/curse-general-discussion/general-discussion/156433-pax-east-party

Seanyd781 on
  • xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait to hit up curse this year!

EDIT

in the mods post on that thread it says rsvp link will be sent to emails of curse premium members. Do I have to be premium to attend?

xil on
    Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    xil wrote: »
    Can't wait to hit up curse this year!

EDIT

in the mods post on that thread it says rsvp link will be sent to emails of curse premium members. Do I have to be premium to attend?

I'm sure they get the first crack at it, I never heard of Curse before Prime 2012 and went to that party no problem, it was WAY overcrowded though and was actually pretty terrible.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Is there usually a Sunday party (community or otherwise) or a bar that PAXgoers generally congregate to?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • NekomimiNekomimi attorney at lawl Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I left the Hawken party to go to the Curse party at Prime 2012 and wish I hadn't. Curse was WAY too crowded and the drinks were terrible (all two of them). But, I'll give them a shot out in BOS to see if it's any better. If it's not, shame on me.

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    I had fun at curse party, it just took forever to get in to. I'll be back this year...if they will have me ;)

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    JayDfromMA wrote: »
    I had fun at curse party, it just took forever to get in to. I'll be back this year...if they will have me ;)

yea took forever to get into, but overall wasnt horrid, the wait in line yielded new friends including two people that played on the same wow server as me back in the day. Food ran out quick but had no problem with drinks.

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    I met an awesome couple in line. From the link it looks like they are letting premium curse people have first crack. I hope they will let us regular folk in as well. I need to party!

Structure Gaming is hosting a pub crawl on Thursday, March 21, entitled Destroy Boston: The Official Structure Games Pre-PAX Pub Crawl. Here are the details, per Facebook:
    Structure Gaming is often considered to be a bunch of hooligans. Well on Thursday March 21, Boston's Favorite Gamers are stepping out for a night to hang out with our fellow gamers in an attempt to forge a new PAX East tradition.

With the absence of Digital Noob's Gamers Gone Wild. A new tradition must be forged! Enter, Qwicksilv3r and his big mouth. What was a joke, is now to be a yearly tradition.

Join Qwicksilv3r, Rebeccah Ash, Jaa Coops, Jared G 1992, Tj Catch Em All, Handsome Nick and the rest of the Structure Gaming crew from 10 pm-1am for a celebration of Gaming, Community and Beer.

Joining us will be members of The Ladies 2 Die 4, The Boston Bastard Brigade, Charisma +2, 2nd Opinion Productions, Game Helmet, Real Otaku Gamer, Grip IT and the one and only Robert "The DCD" Workman.

Special Guests: Nikki Baker and John Dhal (Nikki and John Pranksters in Love and John's Game Channel)

Guest Hosted By: Robert "The DCD" Workman

A Pub Route is being determined by some of the finest drunks Boston has to offer. This event is 21+ and proper dress is required.

A special toast to the memory of THQ will happen as we begin the evening.

Stay tuned.

sig.php?id=222
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Huh. That Structure Gaming pub crawl might make the Pokecrawl interesting.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Yeah, hopefully they can run in parallel without Structure trying to stomp on routes that the Pokecrawl typically uses.

• GlaciusGlacius Registered User new member
    Hey, I'm not new to Pax east. This'll be my first single though. I'm looking for a nice club scene. I love electronic music and would love to find a place to just cut loose =) if anyone else is single and looking to turn our nights amazing too PM me! Lets make the nights legendary.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Structure Gaming is hosting a pub crawl on Thursday, March 21, entitled Destroy Boston: The Official Structure Games Pre-PAX Pub Crawl. Here are the details, per Facebook:
    Structure Gaming is often considered to be a bunch of hooligans. Well on Thursday March 21, Boston's Favorite Gamers are stepping out for a night to hang out with our fellow gamers in an attempt to forge a new PAX East tradition.

With the absence of Digital Noob's Gamers Gone Wild. A new tradition must be forged! Enter, Qwicksilv3r and his big mouth. What was a joke, is now to be a yearly tradition.

Join Qwicksilv3r, Rebeccah Ash, Jaa Coops, Jared G 1992, Tj Catch Em All, Handsome Nick and the rest of the Structure Gaming crew from 10 pm-1am for a celebration of Gaming, Community and Beer.

Joining us will be members of The Ladies 2 Die 4, The Boston Bastard Brigade, Charisma +2, 2nd Opinion Productions, Game Helmet, Real Otaku Gamer, Grip IT and the one and only Robert "The DCD" Workman.

Special Guests: Nikki Baker and John Dhal (Nikki and John Pranksters in Love and John's Game Channel)

A Pub Route is being determined by some of the finest drunks Boston has to offer. This event is 21+ and proper dress is required.

Stay tuned.

This is lame, why try to mess with the Poke pubcrawl?

Triiipledot on
  • JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    This is so lame, why try to mess with the Poke pub crawl?

I don't really see how this is messing with the Pokecrawl. Boston is a big city. There's more than enough bars to have two pub crawl and nothing on their Facebook page hints at this being made to directly compete or mess with the Pokecrawl. If anything this might give people who don't sign up for the Pokecrawl in time an alternative option for the night.

Yeah, ideally they will not step on the Pokecrawl at all. Hopefully the organizers are aware that the Pokecrawl exists and will not utilize the same routes that Atlus has used for the Pokecrawl the last few years. There's definitely plenty of room in Boston for multiple crawls.

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular

Stay tuned.

This is lame, why try to mess with the Poke pubcrawl?

Eh, I view them as two totally different events. The PokeCrawl is 5+ hours of heavy drinking combined with fundraising for Child's Play, all while completing a drinking scavenging hunt of sorts.

It's more about meeting/drinking with fellow PAXers. The only "special guests" are those of us who have some part in organizing and running it ... oh, and every single person who attends You're all pretty swell in my book, except for that AtlusParker jerk, he's just a troll.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Updated the OP. I'll add the Curse party as soon as I know at least what day it's on. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Jerkfish wrote: »
    This is so lame, why try to mess with the Poke pub crawl?

I don't really see how this is messing with the Pokecrawl. Boston is a big city. There's more than enough bars to have two pub crawl and nothing on their Facebook page hints at this being made to directly compete or mess with the Pokecrawl. If anything this might give people who don't sign up for the Pokecrawl in time an alternative option for the night.

It isn't messing with it, but how are they running it? Are they having just one huge group? Are they only going to have X amount of people and then cut it off? Are they splitting into smaller groups?

If it meets up at a bar that the Pokecrawl is at, it could make things very hectic. Granted we will have been drinking for 2 1/2 hours before they even get started, but still. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    It appears that they are not using any of the pokecrawl bars, they are staying near the BCEC.

• gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    Hey everyone,
    I'm Jacob and I personally got tired of all the big name parties out there. Where are all the parties for us indie lovers? Well I'm hosting Indies Need Booze at The Asgard in Cambridge from 6pm to 11pm. Here's a list of the few Boston locals who will be there and other random indies.

Ichiro Lambe from Dejobaan Games
    Caleb Garner from Part 12 Studios
    Rami Ismali from Vlambeer
    Jamie Gotch from Subatomic Studios
    Sam Adonis of Indie Game Magazine
    Plus many more

Now if your coming to play there newest games don't bother. This party is to have a chance to chat with indie developers and share a drink. Event is free for people who are 21+ and plenty of food to buy at the venue as well.

You can RSVP for the party at indiesneedbooze.eventbrite.com and you can tweet to the party @indiesneedbooze.

Can't wait to see you all there!!

This discussion has been closed.