As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Border [Chat]

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Ooh, electronic music chat

tight-chested vertigo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXEPPpLMONk

breathless sensation of flow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IykWbUVDWL8

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    ronya wrote: »
    it'd be nice if we got a latex plugin on this here forums

gif.download?\sum_{dongs=0}^{butts}{\(\phi\times\epsilon^2\)}^{suckit}#.gif

http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

Edit: Where it says "Click here to Download Image (GIF)" you right click, copy the link, and use that as your embedded image URL. Since it doesn't end in .gif though, vanilla chokes a little. Suppress that gag reflex by adding "#.gif" to the end of the URL. The LaTeX server ignores it but it makes vanilla happy.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Guys, I know I posted about this earlier--for those of you who missed it, my Canadian co-worker informed me that at one point they built condos to appeal to bachelors in Canada, specially designed with two dishwashers, so that you could pull the clean dishes out of one, and put the dirty dishes into the other, until it filled up and you could run it, then switch--but after a lot of thought and consideration...

It's still basically the best idea ever. Like, if the two-dishwasher solution is the thing that humanity was meant to achieve, the pinnacle of our civilization, I'm okay with that. Well, the two-dishwasher solution, and Archer.

God, I want this.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hmm, I may be able to run to Pendulum.

My two primary listening experiences (outside of projects at school) are when travelling or at the gym, and what I listen to mostly needs to fit the context of the latter.

But I am enjoying this Pendulum essential mix, and I liked the Ratatat and Young Empires tracks.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Nawhal, your av is different, but also the same?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Everyone should dance more often

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have finished watching every episode of Law & Order available on DVD in the PAL region. Nowhere near enough.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Guys, I know I posted about this earlier--for those of you who missed it, my Canadian co-worker informed me that at one point they built condos to appeal to bachelors in Canada, specially designed with two dishwashers, so that you could pull the clean dishes out of one, and put the dirty dishes into the other, until it filled up and you could run it, then switch--but after a lot of thought and consideration...

It's still basically the best idea ever. Like, if the two-dishwasher solution is the thing that humanity was meant to achieve, the pinnacle of our civilization, I'm okay with that. Well, the two-dishwasher solution, and Archer.

God, I want this.

Pull a base unit out of your kitchen and stick another dishwasher in the resultant gap.

If you aren't running them at the same time you can get away with plumbing them in with a T-piece off the other dishwasher's plumbing.

• Options

Correct!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

He hacked into some schmuck's laptop and is taking webcam pics of the dude as he furiously masturbates

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

My two primary listening experiences (outside of projects at school) are when travelling or at the gym, and what I listen to mostly needs to fit the context of the latter.

But I am enjoying this Pendulum essential mix, and I liked the Ratatat and Young Empires tracks.

Ratatat is all gold for reals. Wildcat next.

also, great!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Everyone should dance run more often

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular

God, I want this.

If memory serves correctly, I went to a summer camp that had already discovered this ca. mid-1980s.

Let's not get over-excited and start giving Canadians credit for discovering things we Americans already had before them.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Professor: why do you think it is that Aguirre recommended another for command, rather than himself?
    Student: in my opinion it was in the context of the Spanish empire that the thing was done in that way for Spanish reasons and that is what happened because of Spain.

Me: o________o

in my opinion it was insofar as the context of such as the Spanish empire that therefore the thing was done in that way for such as Spanish reasons and that is therefore what happened, ergo, because of Spain.

• Options
    japan wrote: »

God, I want this.

Pull a base unit out of your kitchen and stick another dishwasher in the resultant gap.

If you aren't running them at the same time you can get away with plumbing them in with a T-piece off the other dishwasher's plumbing.
    I rent. :cry:

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    i have also decided, 6 months after going there, that las vegas is fun if you are really in to spending your money

I'm going for a wedding in march. So excite.

I'm going to shoot everything at the gun store

the 2 things i wanted to do while i was there i didnt get to do

1) go see the grand canyon

2) go shoot machine guns

Scrub tier

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Professor: why do you think it is that Aguirre recommended another for command, rather than himself?
    Student: in my opinion it was in the context of the Spanish empire that the thing was done in that way for Spanish reasons and that is what happened because of Spain.

Me: o________o

in my opinion it was insofar as the context of such as the Spanish empire that therefore the thing was done in that way for such as Spanish reasons and that is therefore what happened, ergo, because of Spain.

you're not wrong; it's true that it would be a logical fallacy to say that otherwise of being Spain the things were not done or were not Spanish in their being-doneness ergo such as

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

God, I want this.

Ask your landlord if it would be cool.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Everyone should dance run dance more often

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Another trip to the vet. Another £75. Fucking racket.

• Options
    I guess the thing with me and this genre of music is that I'm definitely a "listen-by-album" type of guy.

And while all albums are hit-and-miss in terms of track quality, I feel like the albums I've heard (previously) have been affected much more detrimentally by a bad track than, say, a hip hop album.

If that makes any sense.

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    So far I've only liked the song that Gooey linked (if anyone's keeping score :-P)

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

It is the SportsCenter of mid 2000's drum and bass, which is an analogy I've loved since reading it used to describe the Chemical Brothers in the 90s. None of the nuance or context or any of that hippy crap but a good solid 2-hour long auditory clip show of the best hail mary's, home runs, and hockey fights.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    There was a surprising amount of wub in the newer Muse album.

I find I can enjoy wubby drops if there are good lyrics and vocals backing it up.

Also, wub+ symphonic instrumentation is kind of hot.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Everyone should dance run dance run more often

I have not yet begun to fight. :P

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Another trip to the vet. Another £75. Fucking racket.

How are things looking? Was going to give you a call later this evening but since you're here...

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

It is the SportsCenter of mid 2000's drum and bass, which is an analogy I've loved since reading it used to describe the Chemical Brothers in the 90s. None of the nuance or context or any of that hippy crap but a good solid 2-hour long auditory clip show of the best hail mary's, home runs, and hockey fights.

This is a good way to put it.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Jesus @Feral! Awesome, thanks!

I'll give some of those a listen before I head out here shortly, but I'll pop them up into tabs so I can give them all a fair listen later.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    So far I've only liked the song that Gooey linked (if anyone's keeping score :-P)

skream is best

919UOwT.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Jesus Feral! Awesome, thanks!

I'll give some of those a listen before I head out here shortly, but I'll pop them up into tabs so I can give them all a fair listen later.

That track list basically betrays my status as an old fogey and a 90s child, but I give no fucks. Most of those artists peaked around 1997.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It's all dark outside. Meh.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    It is accepted fact by anyone that matters (if you are now asking yourself, "Do I matter, Ludious?" You can rest assured. You do not.) that Gooey has the superior opinion on Music.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

Which, for anyone who wants to know more about me, is precisely the sort of thing I enjoy! :D

Hippy crap is for hippies.

Long live the establishment, dammit.

• Options

God, I want this.

Ask your landlord if it would be cool.
    Man, I'm not spending that kind of cash to add that kind of value to a place I don't even own. Besides, I don't even know how much longer I'll be living here; I'm hella surprised my roommate hasn't moved yet, honestly, given that he works in Tacoma. If I had been the one to get a job in Tacoma, I might have left him a note, I would have been out of this place so fast.

Plus, he's a teacher, so it may be as soon as June that he grabs a new place.

• Options
    DSC/GUI

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Everyone should dance run dance run more often

I have not yet begun to fight. :P

I quoted this just to see of you guys were individually striking through, or just extending the group.

So, yeah, I did that.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
This discussion has been closed.