As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Border [Chat]

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Oh god, Bonobo live band mix from 2007

all

my

dicks

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    A few days ago I posted about my cat knocking over her cat tree and shattering my picture frame. I never said what was in the frame.

It was a setlist, staff badge, and ticket stub from Pendulum at the Fillmore in 2008. Their first San Francisco show and their second show in the US ever.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Damn some guy just died at the X Games

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    So far I've only liked the song that Gooey linked (if anyone's keeping score :-P)

skream is best

Yeah, I made a note. It's good. Fuck the "ambience," I want drama in my electronica.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    There was a show on BBC America that was basically Law and Order UK. I couldn't take it seriously because everyone was wearing wigs.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I guess the thing with me and this genre of music is that I'm definitely a "listen-by-album" type of guy.

And while all albums are hit-and-miss in terms of track quality, I feel like the albums I've heard (previously) have been affected much more detrimentally by a bad track than, say, a hip hop album.

If that makes any sense.

I get that.

Ratatat's Classics does not have a bad track on it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I now have so many tabs open I cannot see their individual names and must identify them by their logo.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    60978_520451754174_4296214_n.jpg

it's possible i've been a little bit of a pendulum fan for a minute

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I guess the thing with me and this genre of music is that I'm definitely a "listen-by-album" type of guy.

And while all albums are hit-and-miss in terms of track quality, I feel like the albums I've heard (previously) have been affected much more detrimentally by a bad track than, say, a hip hop album.

If that makes any sense.

I get that.

I DISAGREE, SIR!

IT, IN FACT, ONLY HAS A FEW GOOD ONES!

BALL ---> YOUR COURT

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    There was a show on BBC America that was basically Law and Order UK. I couldn't take it seriously because everyone was wearing wigs.

I like on L&O:UK how the prosecutors have to call the judge "My Lord"

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

Was it actually Law and Order UK (because that is a thing that exists) or some other police procedural?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

I don't know who the fuck that dude in the yellow/green shirt is in the background but he needs to wipe that fucking smirk off his face

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    One of our sales people has managed to put a $500,000 deal in jeopardy by being a fucking idiot. Myself and several our sales people have been working on this project for months. This guy meets the client for the first time and freaks the fuck out about the design. He had a 15 minute conversation with the customer and suddenly assumed he knew more then I did after hours of conference calls. So the customer freaked out. I did my part to get things under control and the rest of the team is doing their part but this all could have been avoided if he had just fucking spoken with me.

The way you phrased it, its like you think its surprising

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Oh god, Bonobo live band mix from 2007

all

my

dicks

Is this a band named Bonobo or did they just give instruments to a bunch of bonobo apes? I will only listen if it's the latter.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

If that makes any sense.

I get that.

I DISAGREE, SIR!

BALL ---> YOUR COURT

suck

my

dick

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I feel a little twisted, but my honest first response is:

it was just a matter of time, wasn't it?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    It is accepted fact by anyone that matters (if you are now asking yourself, "Do I matter, Ludious?" You can rest assured. You do not.) that Gooey has the superior opinion on Music.

best post 2013-2014 season

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

Was it perhaps Law and Order: UK?

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options

I don't know who the fuck that dude in the yellow/green shirt is in the background but he needs to wipe that fucking smirk off his face

Do you actually know who the fuck in the yellow/green shirt is in the background and you're just acting like you don't?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Wait, Law and Order UK is a real thing? This was just a generic police procedural.

I shouldn't be in the least bit surprised I guess.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hmm, to chippy or not to chippy...

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Is that Caleb Moore?

That's terrible. And shocking given his apparent ability to almost walk away from the crash originally. :(

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

Formally: "M'Lud".

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    So I only got an 85 on the chemistry test this week, but I think it was the highest grade in the class. One of the problems was screwed up on the key, everyone got it "wrong" but actually we were right, so that was +3.5 points.

There was a 10 point bonus question which everyone did completely wrong, except me. I started it correctly, but it went south fairly early on, the teacher gave me 4 points partial credit.

He had us re-do the bonus problem as a class, and, with some serious hints from the teacher and him finally correcting one of my errors completely, we solved it (mostly I solved it).

He said he'd give the class 8 points worth of bonus credit for the revised bonus problem. Then he pulled me aside and said I was getting 8 points in addition to the 4 points I already was given.

So my 85 became a 96.5

:lol:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    they should have a law and order Mexico where the cops find a crime and a teenager runs up and hands them an envelope with money in it and they go back to the station and have a tequila or sometimes investigate further and get beheaded

override367 on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    whelp my day just got a little better

I come home to a letter saying I have £700 sitting in some obscure decades old savings account no one remembers

THANKS OBAMA

obamarain.gif

• Options
    edited January 2013

Yes to chippy.

Feral on

• Options
    spend the next 25 minutes of my lunch hour playing FTL y/y

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Jesus Feral! Awesome, thanks!

I'll give some of those a listen before I head out here shortly, but I'll pop them up into tabs so I can give them all a fair listen later.

That track list basically betrays my status as an old fogey and a 90s child, but I give no fucks. Most of those artists peaked around 1997.

Man, I haven't heard BT in forever. That and Smartbombs blew my mind. I burnt out some cd players listening to those songs over and over.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Do you actually know who the fuck in the yellow/green shirt is in the background and you're just acting like you don't?

I actually don't. It's too blurry for me. I guess he kinda looks like Tim Schafer but I know it's not Tim Schafer.

• Options

If that makes any sense.

I get that.

I DISAGREE, SIR!

BALL ---> YOUR COURT

suck

my

dick
    I'd reply with a Die Hard .gif of some kind, but whatevs -- not worth queering up [chat] with a bunch of silly tumblr shit to fight a war that was won back in 2007, back when the album got old the first time.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    fucking failure gif

oh well it was a gif of Obama throwing money

just picture that

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Yes to chippy.

Why is Akroma in a Set dedicated to Deep Space Nine?

• Options

I actually don't. It's too blurry for me. I guess he kinda looks like Tim Schafer but I know it's not Tim Schafer.

Oh okay, because that's a PAX picture

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm going to be applying for a top secret clearance. Soon the government will know all about my dark past.

• Options

Yes to chippy.

Why is Akroma in a Set dedicated to Deep Space Nine?

Celestial temple.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Looks like I'm going to be applying for a top secret clearance. Soon the government will know all about my dark past.

"Why didn't you replace the lightbulb, Mr. Maxwell?"

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Wait, Law and Order UK is a real thing? This was just a generic police procedural.

I shouldn't be in the least bit surprised I guess.

It had Apollo from BSG

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
This discussion has been closed.