As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Border [Chat]

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Bronies don't get to be contrarians.

I disagree.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I forget: in the original TMNT idea, was Splinter originally a rat or a human? I know it's gone back and forth over the years.

Uh, in the cartoon he was a human who turned into a rat with the ooze stuff I think. IDK about the comics.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

I'm not being contrary! I don't like it is all. I'm allowed to not like things.

And I'm not a brony (ie?) - I am an amateur pony enthusiast

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Also, when you have your background check interview and they ask you if you are in any secret societies

"The Dark Brotherhood" and/or "The Thieves Guild"

is not a funny joke to them.

Not at all.

not even a little.

I'm hoping it'll be like my Secret background check, where I just filled out the eQip paperwork and then they never bothered interviewing me or any of the contacts.

was that in 2005/2006?

No, it was about a year ago. I was on assignment for the department of state, and they only require Secret, but now I'm moving to the department of justice and they require TS so I need to do the fucking paperwork all over again.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

I disagree.

Wanna keep talking shit?

Let's ask your bronie bro what he thinks about talking shit.

What do you think about talking shit brony bro?

E1322.jpg

Indeed, brony bro. Indeed.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Woo! Job interview on Tuesday! Will I get to leave this fucking government hellhole for a different government hellhole?

Stay tuned to find out!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I forget: in the original TMNT idea, was Splinter originally a rat or a human? I know it's gone back and forth over the years.

Uh, in the cartoon he was a human who turned into a rat with the ooze stuff I think. IDK about the comics.

I think he was a rat pet of a karate master who learned Kung fu pre-mutation by watching his owner from his little cage.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    yeah they definitely called all my contacts I gave them for the ts

they also interviewed my previous neighbors whose info I did not give.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Also, when you have your background check interview and they ask you if you are in any secret societies

Not at all.

not even a little.

I'm hoping it'll be like my Secret background check, where I just filled out the eQip paperwork and then they never bothered interviewing me or any of the contacts.

Could be, pretty sure when I got bumped up to SCI they didn't re-investigate me but they were fairly thorough the first time.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Not at all.

not even a little.

was that in 2005/2006?

No, it was about a year ago. I was on assignment for the department of state, and they only require Secret, but now I'm moving to the department of justice and they require TS so I need to do the fucking paperwork all over again.

You need to be moved to the get-Ludious-into-the-DoJ dept.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

I think he was a rat pet of a karate master who learned Kung fu pre-mutation by watching his owner from his little cage.
    That was the movie.

In the cartoon, he was the karate master.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

this is the movie origin, at least.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

So the live action movie was most accurate then.

• Options
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

Seems so! I award Desc two internets.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

this is the movie origin, at least.

The pet rat origin is the original comics origin.

• Options
    Don't think it really makes sense (logic, in a fiction about anthropomorphic turtles?) for Splinter to be a human first.

The ooze mutates normal creatures into humanoids. Doesn't seem like it would give random rat features to a human.

• Options

Not at all.

not even a little.

was that in 2005/2006?

I won't actually be working for the DoJ and I won't have any power with them, my company is just contracting me out. :(

I kinda want to see if I can get one of those nifty FBI windbreakers, though.

• Options

Not at all.

not even a little.

was that in 2005/2006?

I won't actually be working for the DoJ and I won't have any power with them, my company is just contracting me out. :(

I have one for my dept

but

wearing it is sort of like asking to be shot

sooooooo

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Not at all.

not even a little.

was that in 2005/2006?

IF you do you should change your name to SoloMacklinFBI

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    I don't really remember the movies, but that's just what I recall from the old comics. I had a few of the old trade paperbacks and I am remembering a panel with a close up of the rat with the owner in a pose in the background.

... I wonder where those comics are now. Did I throw them out?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Apparently DoJ ranks up there in employee happiness for the Federal Government. (my dept is LITERALLY AT THE BOTTOM.)

Ludious on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Not at all.

not even a little.

was that in 2005/2006?

I have one for my dept

but

sooooooo

More so when you guys start up the camps.

• Options
    Don't think it really makes sense (logic, in a fiction about anthropomorphic turtles?) for Splinter to be a human first.

The ooze mutates normal creatures into humanoids. Doesn't seem like it would give random rat features to a human.

It was because he was living around rats at the time. Human + Animal + Radiation/Mutagen = Humanoid Animal, it's a standard thing in Comics and Cartoons

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Not at all.

not even a little.

Unless something major has changed, you've traveled out of country a bunch or have relatives who did, or you commited a bunch of crime since getting your secret, it probably will be similar.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Not at all.

not even a little.

was that in 2005/2006?

I have one for my dept

but

sooooooo

Look do you want the security contract or not? STFU.

• Options

Spending my internets on penny-whistles and moon pies

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    In late March, Michael Bay posted on his website explaining the title change and stressing that nothing had changed regarding the Turtles. He stated the reason the title was shortened was a request by Paramount to make the title "simple". He continued that the Turtles were the same as fans remember and regardless of the title change they still act like teenagers. He urged everyone to give everybody who was involved a chance, as they had the fans interest at top priority and would not let anybody down.

An early version of the script, dated 1/30/12, titled "The Blue Door" and written by Appelbaum and Nemec, was leaked online. It features major changes to the origins: the Turtles hail from another dimension on Dimension X that consists of turtle warriors, Splinter is an alien from the same dimension as well, Shredder is "Colonel Schrader", a government agent who is secretly an alien who can grow blades from his body, "The Foot Clan" is just "The Foot", an elite Black Ops unit led by Col. Schrader, Casey is an 18 year old security guard/amateur hockey player that finds the Turtles and is the focus of the movie, April is also 18 and is having relationship troubles with Casey because she is moving to New York due to an internship at CBS, Raphael is the comic relief instead of Mikey, and Mikey falls in love with a turtle woman from his home planet.

Peter Laird read the script and commented on his blog that "all true TMNT fans should be grateful to the new 'powers that be' that they did not allow this wretched thing to go any further."

They should throw out their current script and make this version so I can start laughing and never stop.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

A decision well made.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013

A decision well made.

here+_eb206bbfc58c64b9eefe28649f5da559.png

Ludious on
  • Options
    Apparently DoJ ranks up there in employee happiness for the Federal Government. (my dept is LITERALLY AT THE BOTTOM.)

I'm not surprised. DoS was strict as fuck, I didn't have a computer for quite some time after I got there so I literally couldn't do any work, but I'd get yelled at if I tried reading a book (I'd usually just walk outside and read on the rooftop park). My friends at the DoJ said it was lax as hell, you don't need to sign in and out, people dick around all the time, and as long as you're getting your work done they don't give a fuck what you do. The commute would be long as hell (3-4 hours/day), but at least I'd be at a reasonably fun work environment.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

The moment at 2:02 is badass.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm showered and ready to be brought to the Caliph's chamber go do my bouncer shift.

Green Eyed Monster, this ain't over.

One day, you and me on the beach with knives at sunrise.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Not at all.

not even a little.

was that in 2005/2006?

I have one for my dept

but

sooooooo

Dude, you know the RFP for that contract is gonna be a nightmare.

• Options

A decision well made.

THE+_ae1e28e1_4c20_17b5.jpg

fucking worthless government employees

MY TAX DOLLARS PAY FOR THIS?!?!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Why was it that when I read that description of Casey Jones I immediately thought of Shia LaBoef?

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Talking of security checks, my Dad has some fun ones when when he worked for the Home Office in the 70s, and especially when his friend was up for MI5 (he didn't get it cos of butsex being an easy way to blackmail someone).

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited January 2013

It was because he was living around rats at the time. Human + Animal + Radiation/Mutagen = Humanoid Animal, it's a standard thing in Comics and Cartoons

So Lud's link says.

I dunno. I watched the cartoon a little bit when I was younger, but the 1990 movie is really my canonical version.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Decomposey wrote: »

Not at all.

not even a little.

Unless something major has changed, you've traveled out of country a bunch or have relatives who did, or you commited a bunch of crime since getting your secret, it probably will be similar.

I'm pretty sure they'll actually interview me for this one. I don't know if they'll bother contacting any of my references, but all of my friends with TS clearances were interviewed.

• Options

Not at all.

not even a little.

was that in 2005/2006?

I have one for my dept

but

sooooooo

Dude, you know the RFP for that contract is gonna be a nightmare.

Why do you think I run and hide every time they offer the COTR classes?

This discussion has been closed.