As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Border [Chat]

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    So how does the puppy bowl work? Are the dogs well trained and actually doing something resembling a competition? Or is it just adorable puppies frolicking for a couple hours? (Not that I would complain :D)

It's just unstructured puppy play. They have a penalty box in case a puppy is being mean.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    oh my god that is so fucking cute

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    That's like freshman history Chu. Jesus Christ.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    It's just unstructured puppy play.

Oh man, I hope they at least set some terms! A safe word, perhaps? Just in case.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Oh man, I hope they at least set some terms! A safe word, perhaps? Just in case.

Yeah, wouldn't want it to get too ruff

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    female warriors -> imperialism

FUCKING MATRIARCHY

Matriarchy? Mroblepatic!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq7DDk8eLs8

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    today in history we had one of those simple quizzes where it's like, the left side has five descriptions, the right side has >5 people/places/events. you just fill it in, and they give you a few more answers than you'll use to make it a tiny bit harder to just whittle it down by the process of elimination

the descriptions (paraphrased):

portuguese royal who sponsored lots of travel and trade with non-european entities
    fabled female warriors glorified in 16th century literature
    mystical lost land that sank into the sea
    a form of national expansion that leads to iniquity and subordinate classes
    muslim state that fell to ferdinand and isabella in 1492

the answers (they weren't in the right order on the quiz, obviously):

henry the navigator
    amazonians
    atlantis
    imperialism
    granada
    tenochtitlan

you'd be amazed how many people just totally fucked this up. i mean, the only one i can even begin to imagine messing up is not recognizing the word tenochtitlan and thinking maybe it's the name of a portuguese dude? but like... the chapter we read for homework (or were supposed to read!) was all about tenochtitlan. the word was used a dozen times. some people got imperialism wrong! how is that possible!

This is pre highschool level.

PSN: Honkalot
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    School shooting in Atlanta. Doesn't sound serious. But still school shooting.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/275118/40/2-people-shot-at-Price-Middle-School-

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Sounds like a typical HIST 100 level of incomprehension

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

I hope some things are out of bounds, like tugging too hard on a collar

Begging at somebody else's master

Improper participation in the play

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    School shooting in Atlanta. Doesn't sound serious.

Only in America would these two phrases go together and seem perfectly reasonable

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    My one game of Paranoia, I was the only member of the group not in a secret society, so I was the dopey naive guy that everyone used in their schemes.

Pretty sure one of the best things was there was this annual paranoia larp which was really just a nerdy paranoia themed scavenger hunt at a convention. Anyway, my team had to go get a bunch of people at the convention to sign these petitions, probably something dumb like banning dihydrogen monoxide, and one of the guys that we got to sign it I think knew the guy running it and gave him the heads up that he had signed our petition as Commie M. Traitor.

Upon returning the signature sheets he glanced over it, chuckled, and we were promptly all down a clone

My character's role was the quartermaster or something, I could call mandatory equipment checks whenever I wanted.

The game's not focused on combat, of course, but we had a few brief firefights and I spent the game wishing I could call an equipment check during one of the firefights. Alas, not in character for my totally loyal dope. :(

Best position was the Happiness Inspector whose job was to make sure everyone was always happy enough, and if not, report such to Friend Computer.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

pooping in the red zone.

Bless your heart.
    What happens when they shit or start humping?

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    My one game of Paranoia, I was the only member of the group not in a secret society, so I was the dopey naive guy that everyone used in their schemes.

Pretty sure one of the best things was there was this annual paranoia larp which was really just a nerdy paranoia themed scavenger hunt at a convention. Anyway, my team had to go get a bunch of people at the convention to sign these petitions, probably something dumb like banning dihydrogen monoxide, and one of the guys that we got to sign it I think knew the guy running it and gave him the heads up that he had signed our petition as Commie M. Traitor.

Upon returning the signature sheets he glanced over it, chuckled, and we were promptly all down a clone

My character's role was the quartermaster or something, I could call mandatory equipment checks whenever I wanted.

The game's not focused on combat, of course, but we had a few brief firefights and I spent the game wishing I could call an equipment check during one of the firefights. Alas, not in character for my totally loyal dope. :(

Best position was the Happiness Inspector whose job was to make sure everyone was always happy enough, and if not, report such to Friend Computer.

Is that the guy with the pills?

Only in America would these two phrases go together and seem perfectly reasonable

I'm growing a bit jaded. :(

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

You're one of us now Narwhal.

One of us.

One of us.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG

TTODewback wrote: »

pooping in the red zone.

"But I poop from there!"
    "Not right now you don't."

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    So when you thought nothing else could go wrong for out Board meeting on Friday..
    3w030fk.jpg
    Yep, some asshole breaks the TV.

I just got called into the Commissioner's meeting because Emergency! The laptop isn't displaying anything anymoreeee!

Its battery was dead... some bright spark had plugged the extension cord into itself.

the local network in this building was brought to its knees for several days a while back because someone in a conference room plugged the provided ethernet cable (to use with old laptops what don't have wireless) back into another network port.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Kagera wrote: »

Puppies don't start humping things until they reach puberty.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Puppies don't start humping things until they reach puberty.

Then they become awkward and covered in pimples

Bless your heart.
    the local network in this building was brought to its knees for several days a while back because someone in a conference room plugged the provided ethernet cable (to use with old laptops what don't have wireless) back into another network port.

I think every IT consultant has to deal with that service call once in their careers.

I'd estimate that when I'm doing network consulting, I see that about once a year.

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular

Feral, you and me.

We're like this

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Welp, I am apparently not too mature to laugh at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nRsaExGcx5A

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    ah crud

I think I might be sick

I know its as rather-too-warm as ever in this office but I'm freezing cold and can't stop shaking . also most of my muscle groups seem to be trying to tear themselves off my bones. this really hurts.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

I find that contestant's mannerisms and voice to be attractive.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

You don't have to get them, but yeah, I think he can carry happy pills.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    "Text your sister, your uncle got caught in his machine at work"

...is probably not the way to start off my afternoon that I would have picked.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

D: Oh, fuck, I hope it's not too bad.

You don't have to get them, but yeah, I think he can carry happy pills.

I vaguely remember at one point in my game, the power died on a train we were in, and we all gave secret instructions to our GM. When the lights came back on, we saw our Happiness Inspector (who was tasked by his secret society to murder everyone on the trip) attempting to stuff large quantities of happy pills down someone's throat.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    A new hobby of mine is comparing multiple sources of news, specifically noting which stories are headlining. Drudge report makes this easy!

For the last couple of days, none of the gun violence related stories have been linked on Drudge, even though they're pretty big everywhere else. Or, if they are, they're deep enough or misdirected enough that I don't see them. Now, they do link a story about a kid getting suspended for bringing a toy gun to school. The anti-gun nuts* are so quaint, aren't they?

*isn't there a better word for being the opposite of a gun-nut? I'd figure they'd come up with one by now.

Aegis wrote: »

Oh geez dude, hope everything is ok. D:

I suppose getting caught in his machine couldn't be something harmless like his tie getting caught in a paper shredder. :(

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Came down from training to find this on my monitor...

feeder_zps08af50b7.jpg

Your getting BIGSHOT'd
    "There will be consequences"
    He contacted MYBOSS and she
    asked me to tell you to
    Finish compliance TODAY before you leave work. stop
    feeding, start complying

You do not want this to
    get brough to COMPANY
    tribunal!

FFFFUUUUUUUU

kaleedity wrote: »
    A new hobby of mine is comparing multiple sources of news, specifically noting which stories are headlining. Drudge report makes this easy!

For the last couple of days, none of the gun violence related stories have been linked on Drudge, even though they're pretty big everywhere else. Or, if they are, they're deep enough or misdirected enough that I don't see them. Now, they do link a story about a kid getting suspended for bringing a toy gun to school. The anti-gun nuts* are so quaint, aren't they?

*isn't there a better word for being the opposite of a gun-nut? I'd figure they'd come up with one by now.

Gun-gina

Bless your heart.

I find that contestant's mannerisms and voice to be attractive.

I thought she handled that pretty gracefully considering.

Deebaser wrote: »

feeder_zps08af50b7.jpg

Your getting BIGSHOT'd
    asked me to tell you to
    feeding, start complying

You do not want this to
    get brough to COMPANY
    tribunal!

FFFFUUUUUUUU

whoa

Deebaser wrote: »

feeder_zps08af50b7.jpg

Your getting BIGSHOT'd
    asked me to tell you to
    feeding, start complying

You do not want this to
    get brough to COMPANY
    tribunal!

FFFFUUUUUUUU

Didn't you post just yesterday about how you had to get it done by the end of the day?

This discussion has been closed.