As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    I know I'm the worst.

Mikey still tho.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Had a pretty fishy conversation with someone. Has anyone been stunned in this game yet? I haven't seen anyone mention anything on it which is why I'm highly suspicious of it.

I haven't even heard of anyone being stunned before now.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    From the hour of 5:00 to 5:59 am, the following players were in propulsion:

SeGaTai
    CesareB
    GrimmyTOA
    Baidol

So these guys are clean.

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Now would be an excellent time for villagers to move their votes to SLyM to prevent the sort of shenanigans being attempted with the vote.

@The Anonymous
    @Baidol
    @enlightenedbum
    @OminousLozenge
    @Heffling
    @Invictus

At 12:30 on a work night? Too busy sleeping.

Last night, I was in Engineering. Told the computer to scan Propulsion. No anomalies in scanned location.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    The scanning returns the names of the players present and not just that they're clean? The others didn't mention that it gave names. Or does one scanner give names, and the other give alignment?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    The latter, Kilnaga.

@OminousLozenge

Were you damaged at all last night?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    Heffling wrote: »
    From the hour of 5:00 to 5:59 am, the following players were in propulsion:

SeGaTai
    CesareB
    GrimmyTOA
    Baidol

So these guys are clean.

Just as a note. Because of the numbers of people involved in the scanning, it's possible that the scan requests were tied (if there are, say, two mafia in engineering or what have you). If so, the scan may have been diverted.

As much as I would love to say that I'm confirmed and that you should give me all of your info, I think that it's prudent to simply treat the people on this list as likely clean. Not definitively so.

@Kilnaga

Nope! If any shots were fired in Engineering, they didn't hit me.

But some jerk tanked life support. I could call Kreiger, or I could just beat the machine with some tools until it works right again.

Oh hey, a samophlange...

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    It's my understanding that the Anomaly Scanner looks for *ANY* mafia presence, not majority mafia.

Heffling wrote: »
    It's my understanding that the Anomaly Scanner looks for *ANY* mafia presence, not majority mafia.

Correct. My contention is that because of the makeup of the people in Engineering last night, and the possibility that there were actually equal numbers of villagers/mafia requesting the scan there, the targeted location of the scan could have been altered.

We may know that there were no mafia on the bridge between 5 and 6, for example.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    His point is there is no guarantee that the anomaly scanner actually scanned propulsion if mafia also used the scanner.

Was in propulsion last night, am not mafia.

Voted for MD to make it not a landslide and keep vote info interesting, was going to change back if it was going that way. Our I'd I hadn't have passed out early last night

PSN SeGaTai
    Yeah, the anomaly scanner is binary. It either finds anomalies or it doesn't.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Was vote counts, but i saw that Baidol took care of it

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Would everyone who used the anomaly scanner last night please contact the four people in propulsion last night(myself, Grimmy, Baidol, CesareB)

Assuming everyone that used the scanner is village, then so are we, and you should contact us. If you aren't village and used the scanner-then play along, it will be more fun that way.

PSN SeGaTai
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Let's have the people in engineering scan the Cabin tonight.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Cabin was cutoff from life support (by SLyM presumably) I'd say Eng should scan Eng

PSN SeGaTai
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I think it is safe to say there is mafia in the engineering, so the anomaly scanner would tell us nothing we do not already know.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Well should I scan or fix life support? I can't do both! Even though each one only takes moments, ISIS policy requires a mandatory 55-minute break after engaging in anything strenuous, like pushing buttons.

Damn union slackadaws.

There is likely someone in Eng that can't use the scanner so ideally they would fix lifesupport. So if any of the non-mafia in ENG would like to apply for the job send in your resume to those of us formerly in propulsion.

PSN SeGaTai
    We really, really need anyone who hasn't kicked in with their positions from last night to do so as soon as they possibly can.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Bridge last night

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    We really, really need anyone who hasn't kicked in with their positions from last night to do so as soon as they possibly can.

I think it is also time for all the cards to be put on the table. Everybody should probably also reveal their current location aboard the ship. Once I get set up at work I'm going to drop all of the stuff I've gathered from people into the post and into the thread so everybody can check out and assess the reasoning for some of these votes and suspicions a little better.

- Terence McKenna
    I'm in propulsion.

MikeyCTS

Reasons to follow.

GrimmyTOA wrote: »

I think it is also time for all the cards to be put on the table. Everybody should probably also reveal their current location aboard the ship. Once I get set up at work I'm going to drop all of the stuff I've gathered from people into the post and into the thread so everybody can check out and assess the reasoning for some of these votes and suspicions a little better.

Along those lines, there were 6 ppl in ENG last night. At least one person had to cut life support, and at least 1 person had to use the scanner. The rest of you are all up in the air. Knowing actions you took and if you took damage will help indicate the number of mafia possible in that location.

PSN SeGaTai
    edited January 2013
    I'd very much like to hear what you all have to say on this. Maybe one of you will see something I've missed.

Ok, so... all the stuff I have that's brought me to the suspects I've picked out:

Day 2 Engineering Sabotage:

We all pretty much know at this point that we've had a mafia mucking about in Engineering. Day 2 was our best indicator of this, as the room was sabotaged. The suspect list for this incident has slowly dwindled as the game has progressed and we've still yet to hit the mafia responsible.

Remaining Suspects: Kilnaga, Enlightenedbum, BradicusMaximus

As I've stated multiple times, I fired my gun that night. MD confirmed that he took this damage. Nobody else took damage from a shot in Engineering that night, nobody else has claimed to have fired a shot in Engineering that night. That means my action for that night has been accounted for and confirmed, and knocks the suspect list down to last two remaining players. One of these two is mafia. Enlightenedbum came forward to the thread to reveal his role. This doesn't say much of anything about his alignment, because, as we've seen, the mafia have the same roles as the villagers aboard the ship. I've talked with Bradicus concerning this situation. He's had some rather interesting things to say. He tells me that he contacted Enlightenedbum after this role reveal, because he had the exact same role. This role had a power they could use on each other to confirm the role claim, and they set about using it on each it to get this confirmation. Bradicus says he went first, and that his use of the power was successful. Last night came Enlightenedbum's turn to reciprocate the action, but it wasn't successful. Enlightenedbum claims he was instead "stunned," something we've heard absolutely nothing about all game. It seems odd that there would be such a power floating about the ship, and we haven't seen it at all until this stage of the game.

Looking at last night's Scanner results post, we'll also see that Bradicus posted his results first. Enlightenedbum merely mimicked him, saying that he received the same.

This is what leads me to believe Enlightenedbum is the mafia in Engineering.

The Retaba Shooting:

On Day 1, in the Cabin, Retaba was shot for a massive 9 damage. I've had a discussion with MegaMek concerning his role. He's revealed some of what he's capable of, but didn't fully flesh out all of the details or their implications in the thread. MegaMek's role allows him multiple shots per night. Two shots with a move, or three shots with no movement. He claims his triple shot could do 9 damage to a target, this was his reason for requesting a list of players who were in the Cabin both Day 1 and Day 2. He believed the mafia had a player with a role akin to his.

After looking over the list of players present in the Cabin on both days, I have to quite agree with him. There aren't enough people left alive who were in the Cabin on Day 1 for it to have been multiple assailants working in concert to hit Retaba. The Lone Gunman Theory seems the far more likely one.

Players in Cabin on Day 1 and Day 2: Baidol, CesareB, Mikey CTS

If the scanner results are to be believed, that pretty much ends that right there, as both Baidol and CesareB were in Propulsion last night. We do, however, have reason to find the scanner results suspect, as mafia were present in Engineering (More on the integrity of the scan results later). CesareB was still Blahmcblah at that stage of the game, who CesareB claims hadn't actually done anything.

The Day 4 Cabin Shooting:

Shots were fired in the Cabin again on Day 4. The Anonymous was hit for 9 damage and Megafrost was shot and killed. This incident pretty much mandates the presence of multiple shooters.

Players in Cabin on Day 4: Megafrost, Baidol, Kilnaga, Heffling, M.D., SeGaTai, SLyM, GrimmyTOA, MegaMek, The Anonymous, Mikey CTS

Some of these players are dead. SLyM was present, so that accounts for one of the shooters. We'll notice that we have some overlap from the previous shooting incident, both Baidol and Mikey CTS are once again present at the scene. Baidol, SeGaTai, and GrimmyTOA we will however cross off our list due to the scanner results (as stated, more on the integrity of the scanner results later).

This leaves for suspects: SLyM, Heffling, MegaMek, and Mikey CTS.

We know The Anonymous took 9 damage. We have already explained how a single person could manage to shoot off that much on his own. The same player suspect in that incident is also present at the scene of this one. However, the criteria for doing that kind of damage was not met as Mikey CTS moved into a different room (The triple damage attack requiring the shooter to stay still as a side effect). According to MegaMek, this role does still have the ability to double attack and allow for movement. One could easily have done most of the damage with the double attack, and have a partner shoot up the remainder (We know SLyM was present). Alternately, the mafia could have two players with this crazy role. If they do have a second player with this role, the players who remained behind in the Cabin after this shooting incident were: Heffling and MegaMek.

With the damage to The Anonymous accounted for by the presence of SLyM and our suspect, Mikey CTS, we still have to account for the fact that Megafrost was also fatally shot at the same town. With the list of suspects dwindled to this point, we really only have: Heffling and MegaMek. My money would be on Heffling out of the two.

Integrity of Scanner Results:

Quite a few of the cleared suspects rely on last night's clear propulsion scan. We will now take a look at how the scan results could have went down, while keeping in mind our stated suspects.

Players Present In Engineering Day 5: Enlightenedbum, Invictus, OminousLozenge, SLyM, BradicusMaximus, Mikey CTS.

One known mafia, and two of our suspects for the remaining mafia were present in the room at the time. Invictus was killed by the mafia, attack and damage actions go before informative actions in the order of operations as stated in the OP. This means that Invictus was dead and would not have been able to input orders to scan propulsion. This leaves OminousLozenge and BradicusMaximus to input Propulsion as the scanner target. MegaMek confirmed that his role does have access to the scanner in the Cabin (he isn't sure if he has access to the one in Engineering). It is an assumption that he should be able to access the second scanner if he can access the first. Since we have postulated that Mikey CTS has a similar role, he would have had access to the scanner controls as well. That puts the scanner count at 2 for Propulsion, and potentially 3 against, with three suspects present in the room.

However, somebody sabotaged the Life Support controls. One of our suspects could not have messed with the scanner results, as his hands were tied up in the sabotage action. This leaves the count tied at 2 for 2 against scanning propulsion.

Alongside this, somebody shot BradicusMaximus. He claims he took 4 damage. We've also seen this number come up before in regards to shooting incidents (TRV was shot in Propulsion and claimed to have taken 4 damage. Enlightenedbum and SLyM both spent turns in Propulsion with TRV). So, we're fairly certain somebody in the mafia has a weapon capable of doing this much damage. With another one of the mafia having their hands tied in an attack action, that leaves the scanner count at 2 for 1 against scanning propulsion. If this is the case, the scanner went through to its intended location, Propulsion and all 4 of the players who were in that room are clear.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    On the other hand, in Bradicus and my PM's where the stunning conversation happened, I reported my anomalies results first. Which if he's being honest, he should confirm.

Roleblocks are a thing. A stupid thing, a mafia thing, but a thing.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    edited January 2013
    On the other hand, in Bradicus and my PM's where the stunning conversation happened, I reported my anomalies results first. Which if he's being honest, he should confirm.

Roleblocks are a thing. A stupid thing, a mafia thing, but a thing.

My response to that: Stun definitely sounds like a roleblock. How'd you even use the scanner in the first place if you were stunned/roleblocked?

A mafia could easily report "yup, no anomalies" in the room they claimed to have scanner. They know who their allies are and where they are located. Knowing none of them are present in the room being scanned, it wouldn't be hard to claim such a thing and rattle out the result to try and convince the people who actually used the scanner.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna

Integrity of Scanner Results:

Quite a few of the cleared suspects rely on last night's clear propulsion scan. We will now take a look at how the scan results could have went down, while keeping in mind our stated suspects.

Players Present In Engineering Day 5: Enlightenedbum, Invictus, OminousLozenge, SLyM, BradicusMaximus, Mikey CTS.

MegaMek confirmed that his role does have access to the scanner in the Cabin (he isn't sure if he has access to the one in Engineering). It is an assumption that he should be able to access the second scanner if he can access the first. Since we have postulated that Mikey CTS has a similar role, he would have had access to the scanner controls as well. That puts the scanner count at 2 for Propulsion, and potentially 3 against, with three suspects present in the room.

Your role PM tells you what systems you have advanced access to, the security scanner requires advanced access to Security, the anomaly scanner requires advanced access to the laboratory. How is it day 6 and you guys are still figuring this out.

PSN SeGaTai
    edited January 2013
    Who the hell reads their role PM? I know I didn't. ;>_>

And in that case, that only makes us more certain of the scanner results.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
    So you just started wondering around the ship day 1, just looking at all the shiny buttons on the consoles. How we are not stuck in the middle of an asteroid field is anyone's guess.

PSN SeGaTai
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    So you just started wondering around the ship day 1, just looking at all the shiny buttons on the consoles. How we are not stuck in the middle of an asteroid field is anyone's guess.

I grabbed guns* and started wandering about the ship. We're also not in an asteroid field, because the few crew members we had who were paying attention early on moved us out before the mafia stepped on them.

- Terence McKenna
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Enlightenedbum, Invictus, OminousLozenge, SLyM, BradicusMaximus, Mikey CTS.

Let's budget this out assuming Mikey is also mafia.

Things that happened in engineering last night:

1) Life support is sabotaged
    2) The scanner reported no anomalies
    3) Invictus is killed green, so the nefarious stuff was probably not him
    4) Bradicus is shot for 4 damage

So, now we have: me, OL, SLyM, Bradicus, Mikey

1) I reported my anomaly results to Bradicus via PM before either of us posted in the thread.
    2) Sabotaging the life support so it immediately deals damage (which we can conclude from T_A's death reason, I'd assume those in the cabin last night can confirm?) is a special ability that requires know how. I don't have it which means Bradicus doesn't have it, so we have to assume it was either OL, SLyM, or Mikey.
    3) Working assumption is Mikey has the same role as MegaMek and is mafia. Kilnaga's argument is pretty solid here. I might want to edit this, so vote will be in the next post. But if that's the case, he could not do 4 damage, but must have done 6 or 9. No one has reported this damage, which means Mikey did something else.
    4) Logically a big gun dude doesn't make sense as someone with technical life support knowledge. Which means that wasn't Mikey. Now that's down to OL or SLyM. Assume it's SLyM as his role makes sense for the sabotage.
    5) As a lab tech, I was given a 2 damage pistol (Bradicus can confirm, again), which is why shooting Bradicus and guarding him at the same time was a no risk move. Which I did. Not him. The liar. Or Kilnaga is lying to confuse us, but I'm not sure what the purpose would be. Anyway, my point is I've never been to the cabin so couldn't have acquired a new gun. Therefore:

Actions
    ebum: scanned, could not have shot Bradicus
    Mikey: ???, could not have shot Bradicus if Kilnaga is right
    SLyM: sabotaged cabin life support, probably
    Bradicus: scanned?, would not have shot himself we can assume as he's admitted already taking some damage to me. It would be super risky for him to do this.
    OL: scanned? no further info on last night's activities
    Invictus: died green, probably didn't shoot Bradicus

My conclusion is that Ominous Lozenge is mafias, lied about scanning, and shot Bradicus. Or Invictus is an idiot. Anyone know what gun researchers got? Seems unlikely to be a high damage one. He was in the cabin day one, so could have grabbed a new one then, I suppose. Anyway, Mikey because he's already in the lead and shenanigans are bad, but shooting OL is probably not the worst idea.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Let me go ahead and put this to bed now... I haven't done anything with any scanners. I've checked the weapon lockers once, had zero luck there (found the same worthless 3 damage sidearm I already have), and last night was the first time I've moved to get away from whoever shot me. I did take a pot shot at Invictus once but I don't think it hit.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    edited January 2013
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Let me go ahead and put this to bed now... I haven't done anything with any scanners. I've checked the weapon lockers once, had zero luck there (found the same worthless 3 damage sidearm I already have), and last night was the first time I've moved to get away from whoever shot me. I did take a pot shot at Invictus once but I don't think it hit.

That should pretty much seal that. What with regular vanilla crewman starting with a 2 damage pistol. Not a 3 damage pistol. So you started with a 3 damage weapon? Makes sense for the 6/9 damage scenario.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    So I took a total of 4 damage last night. If you're being honest about that then 2 of the damage I received was more than likely because of you. That still leaves 2 unexplained points of damage. Assuming Slym did the sabotaging and invictus scanned then that still leaves ebum and OL for gunshot candidates. I know for sure that ebums gun does 2 points, haven't read anything about OL and his weapons. I've got more to type but I'm not doing anymore on my phone as it sucks. More to come in an hour or so

Also, @enlightenedbum

I'm a "Veteran Crewman" (which seems to be vanilla, I guess) and I have access to sabotage Life Support.

Access to advanced functions of:
    Helm
    Comm Room
    Security
    Storage
    Engine Room
    Reactor

Not sure which it is that allows me to fuck with Life Support.

@MegaMek

Which of these do you have access to?

Also, SLyM was a Researcher. Any living researchers have access to these? It would help figure out which of the potential mafia sabotaged the Life Support.

- Terence McKenna
    Also, @enlightenedbum

I'm a "Veteran Crewman" (which seems to be vanilla, I guess) and I have access to sabotage Life Support.

Access to advanced functions of:
    Helm
    Comm Room
    Security
    Storage
    Engine Room
    Reactor

Not sure which it is that allows me to fuck with Life Support.

@MegaMek

Which of these do you have access to?

Also, SLyM was a Researcher. Any living researchers have access to these? It would help figure out which of the potential mafia sabotaged the Life Support.

The one that says life support...

PSN SeGaTai