As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thread post not bump thread

JasconiusJasconius sword criminalmad onlineRegistered User regular
I made a post in this thread about 5 minutes ago

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/172540/epeen-thread/p1

and the post did not move the thread up the chain, and at time of this posting, the "Most Recent" post still dates as Jan 23

just thought I'd mention it. seems like a rare occurrence

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's probably sunk

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    working as intended

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    what does that mean? i've never seen that before

• Options
    It means that new posts do not bump the thread,

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    what causes a thread to become sunk?

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Bad posts.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, why wouldn't y'all just lock the thread then?

• Options
    Moderator action.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2013
    Usagi wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why wouldn't y'all just lock the thread then?
    It's mostly used in the hub so a comic or PATV thread doesn't stay up indefinitely and prevent new content from being seen.

Sometimes a mod may sink a thread that is going south but has not proven terrible enough to lock outright. It doesn't happen often.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    In addition, it can be useful for allowing a discussion to continue between people already involved in the discussion without inviting issues by having it continue to show up on the front page and getting new people involved in the discussion. Good for stuff that's borderline off-topic but not otherwise breaking the rules.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    FYI, this happens to every thread I make in SE++, but only there. Maybe a mod hates me.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I'm not explicitly saying it was Geth.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Why would Geth do that?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Geth doesn't like you.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    FYI, this happens to every thread I make in SE++, but only there. Maybe a mod hates me.

I'll chase this up

• Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Geth doesn't like you.

I guess that explains the harassing messages in the lower left. Cute.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    As far as I can tell only one of your threads has been sunk. It doesn't seem like there's a pattern at work.

• Options
    It happened with the SMT IV thread, the SRT thread, and the last one I made, so yeah, it kind of seems like it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/172784/fun-with-tarot-2-celtic-cross-harder

that's your most recent SE++ thread. It is not sunk, it just has no posts.

• Options
    It happened with the SMT IV thread, the SRT thread, and the last one I made, so yeah, it kind of seems like it.

I am looking at them right now. They are not sunk sir.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

I am looking at them right now. They are not sunk sir.

Well, they weren't initially. The SMT IV one got fixed after I posted about it here. And the newest one did get one post, then didn't get bumped.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    No, it didn't. It wasn't sunk. You've had one thread sunk, which I unsunk when you PM'd me. You said "all of my threads in SE get sunk". That would be very serious, so I chased it up. You are incorrect sir, your threads have not been sunk. I don't know how much more clear I can be about this. I have checked three times.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I'll take your word for it, then. Thanks.

(Now about that robot stalker...)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png