As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    "Veteran crewman" makes sense for that. You've been around and know how the ship works. My point is mostly that it'd be super weird for someone with a weaponry related role to have life support access. Or for a researcher to have a 4 shot gun.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Also, @enlightenedbum

I'm a "Veteran Crewman" (which seems to be vanilla, I guess) and I have access to sabotage Life Support.

Access to advanced functions of:
    Helm
    Comm Room
    Security
    Storage
    Engine Room
    Reactor

Not sure which it is that allows me to fuck with Life Support.

@MegaMek

Which of these do you have access to?

Also, SLyM was a Researcher. Any living researchers have access to these? It would help figure out which of the potential mafia sabotaged the Life Support.

The one that says life support...

Helm
    Comm Room
    Security
    Storage
    Engine Room
    Reactor

Which one of those says Life Support? I'm saying I'm in Engineering, and have the option to Sabotage Life Support. Those are the systems I have access to the advanced functions of. I'm not seeing the Life Support system listed as a system I have access to.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Let me go ahead and put this to bed now... I haven't done anything with any scanners. I've checked the weapon lockers once, had zero luck there (found the same worthless 3 damage sidearm I already have), and last night was the first time I've moved to get away from whoever shot me. I did take a pot shot at Invictus once but I don't think it hit.

That should pretty much seal that. What with regular vanilla crewman starting with a 2 damage pistol. Not a 3 damage pistol. So you started with a 3 damage weapon? Makes sense for the 6/9 damage scenario.

I never claimed to be a vanillager. I just haven't been using my role abilities.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Mickey_CTS, because one thing a loyal crewman doesn't do is shoot another crewman. This has been the plan since Day 1, as shooting folks is only to the mafia's benefit.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Also, @enlightenedbum

I'm a "Veteran Crewman" (which seems to be vanilla, I guess) and I have access to sabotage Life Support.

Helm
    Comm Room
    Security
    Storage
    Engine Room
    Reactor

@MegaMek

Also, SLyM was a Researcher. Any living researchers have access to these? It would help figure out which of the potential mafia sabotaged the Life Support.

Helm
    Comm Room
    Security
    Storage
    Engine Room
    Reactor

Which one of those says Life Support? I'm saying I'm in Engineering, and have the option to Sabotage Life Support. Those are the systems I have access to the advanced functions of. I'm not seeing the Life Support system listed as a system I have access to.

That's because you don't have access to it. Otherwise it would say Life Support under advanced functions. Sorry its hard to type sarcasm

PSN SeGaTai
    Let me go ahead and put this to bed now... I haven't done anything with any scanners. I've checked the weapon lockers once, had zero luck there (found the same worthless 3 damage sidearm I already have), and last night was the first time I've moved to get away from whoever shot me. I did take a pot shot at Invictus once but I don't think it hit.

That should pretty much seal that. What with regular vanilla crewman starting with a 2 damage pistol. Not a 3 damage pistol. So you started with a 3 damage weapon? Makes sense for the 6/9 damage scenario.

I never claimed to be a vanillager. I just haven't been using my role abilities.

So your claiming to be the most useless special?

PSN SeGaTai
    edited January 2013
    You've missed the key point, which is this:

Anonymous died due to:
    Slowly dissolved by corrosive gas leaking through numerous bullet holes.

Which means the life support sabotage took effect immediately. My version of the "sabotage life support" action says it will start the next night. But we didn't get reports of the life support being sabotaged two days ago, we got it mentioned last night. Thus, it must have been a special power. Did anyone have a special power like that when they're in engineering? I suspect we'll learn someone (probably SLyM) did.

enlightenedbum on
    Also, @enlightenedbum

Helm
    Comm Room
    Security
    Storage
    Engine Room
    Reactor

@MegaMek

Helm
    Comm Room
    Security
    Storage
    Engine Room
    Reactor

That's because you don't have access to it. Otherwise it would say Life Support under advanced functions. Sorry its hard to type sarcasm

Except I do have access to it, because my status PM says I can fuck with the system.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    SHENANIGANS!

PSN SeGaTai
    Heffling wrote: »
    Mickey_CTS, because one thing a loyal crewman doesn't do is shoot another crewman. This has been the plan since Day 1, as shooting folks is only to the mafia's benefit.

Someone is missing where he is one of the few suspects for the final mafia position. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    My conclusion is that Ominous Lozenge is mafias, lied about scanning, and shot Bradicus. Or Invictus is an idiot. Anyone know what gun researchers got? Seems unlikely to be a high damage one. He was in the cabin day one, so could have grabbed a new one then, I suppose. Anyway, Mikey because he's already in the lead and shenanigans are bad, but shooting OL is probably not the worst idea.

Your conclusion is wrong. I didn't shoot Bradicus. So far I've been a professional and not gone shooting wildly in the dark, but the levels of stupidity displayed since this anomaly incident started have got me seriously rethinking that.

The only gun I have is barely a peashooter: 2 measley damage; which, to answer your question, is all they give us poor humble researchers. Shooting me is absolutely a terrible idea... unless you're an anomaly, I guess. Besides, shouldn't someone be repairing life support? Sounds like it could be handy for the little things, like I dunno, breathing maybe.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
    Well, someone is clearly lying.

If you're a researcher, do you have the option to sabotage life support to immediate effect?

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The Mikey CTS nomination comes from what i think are reliable sources.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453

If you're a researcher, do you have the option to sabotage life support to immediate effect?

No. If I were to decide I hate air and sabotaged life support, it wouldn't kick in for like an hour or so. Which means I couldn't sabotage life support "with immediate effect." Are you some kinda Space Barrister or something?

No. If I were to decide I hate air and sabotaged life support, it wouldn't kick in for like an hour or so. Which means I couldn't sabotage life support "with immediate effect." Are you some kinda Space Barrister or something?

I'm trying to work out who did what.

Enlightenedbum, Space Barrister Hivemind

- Terence McKenna
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

I'm trying to work out who did what.

I have the teeniest, tiniest idea that you might, in fact, know already, enligtenedbum

Hey, anybody got a vote count? I don't think I've voted yet today and I'm still at work, fuuuck. I'm going home now to some pizza and scotch. Don't judge me, the scotch is probably older than some of you.

• BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Mikey you're needed in the reactor. It appears we're running low on fuel again

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    MikeyCTS is a bit of a runaway at this point, so I'm going to vote for OS since, while Archer is one of my favorite shows around, I'm afraid he's probably not the safest person to have on a ship that is strapped to a giant canister of flammable materials.

Also, he's been in a lot of locations where mafia things have been going on.

Capfalcon, it's OL! Get it right, will ya?

Capfalcon wrote: »
    MikeyCTS is a bit of a runaway at this point, so I'm going to vote for OS since, while Archer is one of my favorite shows around, I'm afraid he's probably not the safest person to have on a ship that is strapped to a giant canister of flammable materials.

Votes based on feelings on Day 6, after so much evidence against other suspects has been been laid out. For shame.

- Terence McKenna
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Votes based on feelings on Day 6, after so much evidence against other suspects has been been laid out. For shame.

?

I'd vote for MikeyCTS if it mattered, because I'm pretty much sold he's mafia, and OminousLozenge has been at a large number mafia things.

...I don't understand how this is a feeling.
    Sorry OL! I got your nickname right this time!

Yeah, if someone's gonna criticize a vote rationale, you'd think they would point fingers at the guy who voted for someone who screwed up his name- oh....

Enlightenedbum, Space Barrister Hivemind

Honestly, we hate lawyers. Hiveminds are so nice because you can't break the law.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Vote close in under an hour

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    CesareB

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    Voting for somebody who was in the room that we cleared yesterday? Its like you're not even trying. D:

- Terence McKenna
    Hey may be resigned to his fate...

Coincidentally, here's the current vote count. Didn't find one for SeGaTai, could have missed it though:

Mikey CTS: 6 (Kilnaga, Megamek, GrimmyTOA, Heffling, Zombie Hero, BradicusMaximus)
    Enlightenedbum 2: (Baidol, CesareB)
    Capfalcon 1: (OminousLozenge)
    OminousLozenge 1: (Capfalcon)
    Kilnaga 1: (enlightenedbum)
    CesareB 1: (Mikey CTS)

Nope forgot, Mikey cts

PSN SeGaTai
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Today's claimed locations:

Bridge: ZombieHero
    Cabin: Baidol, SeGaTai, Heffling, MegaMek
    Propulsion: GrimmyTOA
    Engineering: capfalcon, englightenedbum, MikeyCTS, kilnaga, BradicusMaximus, OminousLozenge, CesareB

EnlightenedBum should die tonight from the combined fire of Kilnaga, OminousLozenge, BradicusMaximus and CesareB. We are shooting EB because, as a lab tech, EB can put up a protective shield on other players but not himself. If EB turns up red, there is likely only one mafioso left. We, those of us in propulsion last night who are confirmed but not really, suspect capfalcon, due to his general lack of cooperation, which is why he is not part of the hitsquad. If he is not the last mafia, then you have some more analysis to do.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREXJfFKhBmLiZJRLtJEduywlFDtpokmaOi-Y8WmMcfJeAl5Fk7Fg

Boom?

PSN SeGaTai
    Does that mean we're all going to blow up? Because that sounds like an awesome twist ending.

- Terence McKenna
    Baidol wrote: »
    Today's claimed locations:

Bridge: ZombieHero
    Cabin: Baidol, SeGaTai, Heffling, MegaMek
    Propulsion: GrimmyTOA
    Engineering: capfalcon, englightenedbum, MikeyCTS, kilnaga, BradicusMaximus, OminousLozenge, CesareB

EnlightenedBum should die tonight from the combined fire of Kilnaga, OminousLozenge, BradicusMaximus and CesareB. We are shooting EB because, as a lab tech, EB can put up a protective shield on other players but not himself. If EB turns up red, there is likely only one mafioso left. We, those of us in propulsion last night who are confirmed but not really, suspect capfalcon, due to his general lack of cooperation, which is why he is not part of the hitsquad. If he is not the last mafia, then you have some more analysis to do.

Just for the record, Baidol isn't necessarily speaking for all 4 of us when he mentions capfalcon. I'd need to take a closer look but for now I think Kilnaga's rationale that Heffling or MegaMek was involved in the Cabin shootings is at least as worthy of investigation as any lack of cooperation on capfalcon's part.

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm putting Heffling down tonight just in case.

Is time a gift or punishment?
    Does that mean we're all going to blow up? Because that sounds like an awesome twist ending.

That was the idea, yes.

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    If it turns out you weren't mafia, Heff, sorry dude!

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Silly ebum. Thats not possible in space. Duh!

That was the idea, yes.

Host victory then?