As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

30 Rock

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    That first clip is probably my favorite James Franco acting ever.

(maybe tied with "how's the pie?")

"But we never love objects."

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Oh. Yes. Found it. My all-time favorite clip. Liz calling the co-op board. A lot.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • KongoKongo Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    My favorite was the Mel Gibson Sex Jacuzi episode where they had an entire show to cash in on a tragedy pre-recorded since benefit shows equal huge ratings. But since they didn't know what the tragedy would be, they had to use very vague terms. Jenna sang a great song that included lines like "help the people the thing that happened happened to". What made it better was that Jenna was using her "important voice" so she would pronounce "happened" as "ha-PUNNED"-- similar to overwrought songs by groups like Creed ("With arms wide o-PUN"). Some small island gets hit with a storm and at first everything is perfect for their benefit and going according to plan... until they find out the only thing destroyed was Mel Gibson's island retreat (his house guest is Jon Gosselin).

Kongo on
  • RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    Was that the benefit they did because Jenna was jealous Russell Crowe was hosting one for the victims of his mood swings?

One of my favourite scenes @18s.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1l0kGIIW66g#t=18s

Jack's dad deserves recognition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMHX1qr6NVY

Sad I can't find the "Druid Solstice miracle" clip.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Oh man. Final episode had me in stitches.
    Jack: Good god Lemon I just figured it all out. I'm turning around. CLEAR DISHWASHERS.
    Liz: What?!
    Jack: Clear dishwashers. So you can see what's going on inside it.
    Liz: Oh my god! Yes! Do that!
    Jack: It's the best idea I've ever had. Thank God I took that boat trip!

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Oh my god Lutz...

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Wow, the Conan cameo was really bad green screen.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Well, they made a green screen joke last episode and I wouldn't be shocked if NBC was still being a massive dick to Conan.

• southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    The ending was not that great, the ending after the credits was.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Tina and Conan filmed that scene together.

Gonna assume that since Conan's in LA these days, they did it when Tina was out there for the Golden Globes.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Tina and Conan filmed that scene together.

Gonna assume that since Conan's in LA these days, they did it when Tina was out there for the Golden Globes.

The more plausible explanation is that NBC won't allow him in the building, I think. Conan flying to NY isn't a big deal, and shooting was wrapped well before the Globes.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    southwick wrote: »
    The ending was not that great, the ending after the credits was.

See, I thought the entire thing was gold; including Tracy going, "Not many of you watched us, but we got paid anyway."

I was nodding my head in approval the whole time.

The stinger was something magic, though.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I can only wonder what the Blimpie's people thought of a high-profile series finale being used to label them "Lutz's Revenge".

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    Is Blimpie still a thing? All of the ones in the KC area are gone and have been for a number of years.

Yes, they still exist.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    "And when that sandwich slides out of you a week from now..."

I loved them just openly shitting on Blimpie.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    The final final scene, post-credits, was everything I ever could have wanted as a final scene from this show. Really glad it ended the way it did, in general. But especially that scene.

Kid Presentable on
    edited February 2013
    Definately one of the best last episodes to a series. The jokes, the honest sadness, the 4th wall breaking, the musical number. It made me laugh / cry.

My only complaint / unfulfilled desire:
    I wish they had done something with Jacob and Kenneth. The snowglobe was good, but I wish Jacob had been involved.

_J_ on
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Okay yeah, me too. Let's not get greedy though.
    They were nice enough to have one of the flying cars be from Cloud City, at least

Okay yeah, me too. Let's not get greedy though.
    They were nice enough to have one of the flying cars be from Cloud City, at least

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. :)

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I was sad that
    they didn't get Mickey Rourke to come on, but glad that they acknowledged the running gag.

edited February 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ65hqQnH-0
    The Irma Luhrman-Merman murder
    Turned the bird's word lurid
    The whirr and the purr of a twirly girl
    She would the world were demurer
    The insurer's allure
    For valor were pure Kari Wuhrer
    One fervid whirl over her turgid error
    Rural juror
    Rural juror
    I will never forget you
    Rural juror
    I'll always be glad I met you
    Rural juror

I will never forget you
    Rural juror
    I'll always be glad I met you
    Rural juror
    These were the best days of my flerm.

Taramoor on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A sad day for comedy, but a great way to go out. I love that they went with an extended Rural Juror joke.
    And a St. Elsewhere fakeout into a Kenneth is immortal gag complete with ethnic granddaughter Lemon and Star Wars props with Jetsons sounds.

The main thing I hope is that Tina Fey writes some awesome comedies in the future.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    SanderJK wrote: »
    A sad day for comedy, but a great way to go out. I love that they went with an extended Rural Juror joke.
    And a St. Elsewhere fakeout into a Kenneth is immortal gag complete with ethnic granddaughter Lemon and Star Wars props with Jetsons sounds.

The main thing I hope is that Tina Fey writes some awesome comedies in the future.

This is actually my favorite thing about the finale.

Sure, they got a little sappy like they always do, but right up to the end and even beyond, they stayed silly.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    My favorite thing is that a throwaway joke from the third episode of the first season was the finale.
    [about Kenneth]
    Jack: In five years we'll all either be working for him... or be dead by his hand.

Ok it took seven years but still.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    It just hit me that Liz was still working on TGS at the end.
    The Grizz Show

Yeah, that was a great joke.

This is one of those "watch it three times to catch everything" episodes.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    oh my god that final scene

oh my god

I missed the 'VISITANTE' badge first time through.

oh god....Frank's hat...

I missed that the first time, too.

Oh, that hurts.

• JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    _J_ wrote: »

I may have spent an hour or three watching micropiglet movies after this episode. D:

Here he is all grown up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciiy7EKKSng

Jibba on
    _J_ wrote: »
    oh god....Frank's hat...

I missed that the first time, too.

Oh, that hurts.

What did Frank's hat say? I missed it.

So I just saw a news blurb online that Comcast is going to be buying all of GE's stock in NBCUniversal.

30 Rock has now become prophetic, in the sense that the show depicted a fictional Kabletown purchasing the company from GE. Crazy, huh?

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Well, the Kabletown storyline started as a direct result of Comcast buying NBCU/Telemundo a couple years ago. I assume they just bought a controlling interest, and this latest news is them buying the rest of it?

KalTorak wrote: »
    Well, the Kabletown storyline started as a direct result of Comcast buying NBCU/Telemundo a couple years ago. I assume they just bought a controlling interest, and this latest news is them buying the rest of it?
    Yeah. Comcast already had a 51% stake in NBCU, this is just GE wanting to sell the rest.

If you haven't read it yet, Tina Fey's book has some funny and interesting stuff about 30 Rock in it. It's primarily about her life, but of course that includes her "baby."

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The most amazing part of the finale was the opening scene.

"Our 2yo is super-gay and we love him even more than a ST8 baby BECAUSE HE DOESN'T RAPE"

My face hurt.

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I drove by a Blimpies today.

Now I can't look at them without laughing.