As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins Ball at PAX East 2013! Feedback Requested!

MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in PAX East
invitation_trans.png

You walk into a massive space filled with people; bright lights and loud sounds grab your attention. Your eyes narrow as you scan the crowd searching for your prey. Suddenly a chilling sensation sweeps up your spine, you are being watched. You duck around a corner sneaking a quick glance over your shoulder and see... nothing. But you can’t shake the feeling that someone is hunting you.

Welcome to Assassins Ball, a social game played during PAX East 2013 in Boston, MA, March 22 - 24.
zerzhul wrote: »
For anyone wondering, this has been given specific clearance versus the kickstarter ban on the forums from the Administrator. However, any questions related to the kickstarter itself would be best left to PM or on the kickstarter page. Please do not use this thread to discuss the kickstarter (other than if you want to post that you're participating in Assassins). You will also notice that @MarsChelios has been careful to not link to it directly, this is by design.

What is Assassins Ball?
In Assassins Ball you are an assassin allied to a powerful faction surrounded by rival assassins. Your mission is to find specific targets in the crowd and assassinate them. The more precisely you accomplish your mission the more prestige you gain.

Your Kit and How to Play
Players can be identified by the large 3” button they wear. Each button is printed with a brightly colored shape on it that acts as an identifier for that player, a sticker below the symbol shows the emblem of your faction (You'll pick this in your backer survey). An example of the player button is shown below.

KS_SITE_BADGE.png

The button has both a standard pin-back and a clothing magnet to ensure that it stays on (Note: The example above does not show the clothing magnet). If you require a button without a clothing magnet please let me know. I'll be providing directions on where to wear the button so that players can identify each other easily.

Stay on Target!
Your kit includes a mission that list a large symbol for a primary target, three smaller symbols for secondary targets, and one of five factions. An example of the mission card is shown below.

Mission_DEMO.png

Assassination_DEMO.png

Intel_DEMO.png

In addition to your mission, your kit also includes an assassination card and an intel card. Assassination cards are part of how kills are registered, you will receive one from every player you eliminate and will hand yours to the player who kills you.
Gathering Intel

Intel cards are a way to gain prestige even if you're eliminated! Each intel card gives a small amount of prestige to a player when registered. Use it, trade with another player, repeat.

Assassinating Players
When you find a player whose symbol matches your mission walk up, say “Hi”, and kill them. Just kidding, assassinating a player is primarily a verbal exchange. Players are encouraged to be creative but not to use prop weapons, do things that could be considered threatening, and above all don’t ruin someones fun.

Please note that assassinations are not physical! Please do not use weapons or props.

Each kill can be registered online; primary targets are worth 250 points and secondary targets are worth 100. Matching the faction is optional but acts as a multiplier to the kill doubling a primary kill to 500 points and a secondary kill to 200 points.

Factions
Factions are powerful organizations or groups who employ assassins to further their goals. Each faction has a specific theme and you will be able to ally yourself with one of them.
The factions and their emblems are listed below, but to find out more go to the factions page on the games website.

faction_example.png

Community Rules
Over the years the community has created some awesome optional rules for the game that adds to the flavor of assassins. Check them out and suggest your own!

What's next?
Don't see something covered here or uncertain about something? Got a suggestion or constructive criticism? Think this is awesome? Let me know below! I'm very excited about this years game and I hope you are too!

Help get the word out!
Assassins Ball grows primarily through word of mouth. With the all or nothing nature of Kickstarter I need your help more than ever to make sure Assassins Ball is at PAX East! Help me get the word out or let me know any suggestions you have on reaching people!

Here's some ways I'm connecting with people:
  • Assassins Ball on Twitter. Don't forget the #PAXassin hashtag.
  • Assassins Ball on Google+
  • Assassins Ball on Facebook.

MarsChelios on

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Just curious why you are switching to pins this year instead of the armbands? Personally like the armbands better than pins, but either way will still play as this was definitely fun.

• macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I would bet the armband and custom plastic badges cost a lot more. Pins are about $0.25 each if you do a run of 100.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well, they're using 3" buttons, so it will be more than that for cost, but yeah overall they're still likely cheaper than the armbands, and most likely easier to spot.

• HerbapetHerbapet Registered User new member
    I would totally be into this. A buddy did it last year, said it was lots of fun.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Had fun with this last year, even if I only did manage to get one assassination in the first queue line I was in on Friday. I liked the armband, but pins sound fine too (though with buttoneering and pinny arcade, it seems like "The Pin is In!" for 2013 East.

edited January 2013
    @mac/zer thats kinda what i figured (although even with the armbands the price was still quite reasonable imo) but i didnt particularly have trouble spotting the armbands last year. Definitely looking forward to doing this again though.

EchoZero on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i like the pin idea! i found the armband could be awkward (depending on what you were wearing) and kept needing to be adjusted. a pin seems much simpler and more secure. team sparkly ponies ftw!!!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • N13N13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    This sounds like fun, but the pins might get lost in a sea of Pinny Arcade and Buttoneering pins, not to mention the usual swag pins. Then again, the confusion might be a good thing.

Questions:
    * What constitutes a verbal tag? Are we yelling across a room, or tapping a shoulder and saying "tag"?
    * What prevents or discourages an assassin from killing every other player he encounters? Is it a choice between kill everyone immediately for 1 point each, or gamble and see if he's worth 10 points later? Is the last player standing the victor, or is victory strictly points based?
    * If the mark is highly visible, and there are no weapons to dodge, how do we (legally) avoid being tagged? Do we run away (and what if the assassin is shouting "bang bang")? Are we just trying to spot other assassins and avoid them (or kill them first)?

N13 on
    edited January 2013
    N13 - in my experience and from recollection last year:

- I took verbal tag to mean being in arms reach and telling the person they were dead. My kill consisted of me almost apologetically walking up to the person and informing them that they were dead (I felt bad because it was like 9:30am on Friday, so she had all of an hour of play.. but, no room for a conscience in this game, right! {I still feel bad}). I would ignore someone who was yelling a kill from across a room (and, in fact, would probably start to run away).

- You can only kill assassins that match your target in some way. Either color or shape, I think. You get more points for matching both (and faction), but you can't just kill someone who doesn't match at all - this would be called out when confirming the kill to the person's death card. There is some strategy to deciding whether to kill someone who just matches the color, or waiting for a stronger match, but truthfully, based on my experience last year (I saw a total of 3 people with armbands the entire weekend), I'd say if you find a partial match, go for the kill. Victory is points based.

- If you spot someone playing who's making a bee-line for you, you can try to escape. When I was with friends, they knew that if I pointed someone out, they were to try and distract them if possible (not physically restrain them, but perhaps slow them down by asking them a question or something). Generally, there's so much going on at PAX, I'd be surprised if you were to see the person before they got to you.

Hope that helps, anyone else with more experience, feel free to chime in.

vttym on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Just curious why you are switching to pins this year instead of the armbands? Personally like the armbands better than pins, but either way will still play as this was definitely fun.

Like some people have guessed cost was a big factor in moving to buttons, the armband badge holders alone cost around 2.65 per unit, which was a huge portion of the kits price. Individually the kit price was pretty low but I had to shell out each time to buy about 150 of them which was pricey. The original idea was that players would reuse the badge holder and just buy new badges but that never seemed to really work out in practice and I began to realize it was a bit of a waste both in resources and environmentally to use them like that.

The other factor was that my card printer decided to give up shortly after Prime last year, so printing the custom cards and missions was no longer an option. I looked into having those cards printed up but really wanted to find a better and cheaper solution, which turned out to be buttons!

Buttons are definitely cheaper, the price for a single kit will be $5 and this includes shipping. Almost all of the kit is now being professionally printed and I plan to use that to make things pop! Since I no longer have to print things out myself I'll have more time for other things like making the site better, adding more to the game, and fostering rivalries between factions.
    N13 wrote: »
    This sounds like fun, but the pins might get lost in a sea of Pinny Arcade and Buttoneering pins, not to mention the usual swag pins. Then again, the confusion might be a good thing.

Questions:
    • What constitutes a verbal tag? Are we yelling across a room, or tapping a shoulder and saying "tag"?
    • What prevents or discourages an assassin from killing every other player he encounters? Is it a choice between kill everyone immediately for 1 point each, or gamble and see if he's worth 10 points later? Is the last player standing the victor, or is victory strictly points based?
    • If the mark is highly visible, and there are no weapons to dodge, how do we (legally) avoid being tagged? Do we run away (and what if the assassin is shouting "bang bang")? Are we just trying to spot other assassins and avoid them (or kill them first)?

Great questions N13!
    • What constitutes a verbal tag? Are we yelling across a room, or tapping a shoulder and saying "tag"?

There's no specific way to assassinate someone, but preferably you should be within a reasonable talking distance to them as you will need to get their assassination and current mission cards from them. The basic idea is that you communicate to them you have targeted them and show them your current mission card as proof they've been assassinated. How that is done is up to you. Feel free to let your creativity shine here but be mindful of others around you and don't disrupt someone if they are doing something.

There are some things that are not allowed:
      • Do not use weapons or prop weapons as part of your assassination.
      • Do not physically restrain another player.
    • What prevents or discourages an assassin from killing every other player he encounters? Is it a choice between kill everyone immediately for 1 point each, or gamble and see if he's worth 10 points later? Is the last player standing the victor, or is victory strictly points based?

Every player will have a symbol, which specifies that players shape and color trait, and a faction trait on their button. In the upcoming game there will 24 unique symbols made up of 6 shapes and 4 colors. Your mission will identify a specific combination of shape, color traits to look for. This is your primary target and finding a player who matches that (1 out of 24 players) will net you 250 prestige points.

In addition your mission will identify other sets of shape and color traits to find. These your secondary targets, fallback options in case you are not able to find your primary target. Because of the less important nature of these targets finding a player who matches one of these will net you 100 prestige points.

You may have noticed I haven't mentioned faction traits yet as part of primary or secondary targets. Because factions are player selected there is no way to insure that a mission will accurately list an available faction trait at a given time, so requiring the faction to match greatly lowers the odds of finding a target. Instead the faction trait is always optional but matching it with primary or secondary targets doubles the prestige points earned, so for primary kills you receive 500 prestige points and for secondary kills you receive 200 prestige points.

To answer your question you will not be able to assassinate every player you see, and of the targets you do find there will be a choice between taking out secondary targets or waiting to see if you can find your primary target. The winner is the person with the most prestige points at the end of the game, and while unlikely if one person were to emerge as the victor they would probably have the most points.

• If the mark is highly visible, and there are no weapons to dodge, how do we (legally) avoid being tagged? Do we run away (and what if the assassin is shouting "bang bang")? Are we just trying to spot other assassins and avoid them (or kill them first)?
      vttym wrote: »
      If you spot someone playing who's making a bee-line for you, you can try to escape. When I was with friends, they knew that if I pointed someone out, they were to try and distract them if possible (not physically restrain them, but perhaps slow them down by asking them a question or something). Generally, there's so much going on at PAX, I'd be surprised if you were to see the person before they got to you.
      vttym sums this up rather nicely. (Thanks!) I'm open to starting a dialogue about ways to make a dodge or avoidance mechanic as well as any other way to improve the game. Feel free to brainstorm ideas here.

MarsChelios on
  • trinnaratrinnara Registered User regular
    I had fun with this last year and will definitely play again. If anyone catches me staring at them, I'll say I was looking for a pin! Then I'll make things even more awkward by explaining the game.

To answer your question you will not able to assassinate every player you see, and of the targets you do find there will be a choice between taking out secondary targets or waiting to see if you can find your primary target. The winner is the person with the most prestige points at the end of the game, and while unlikely if one person were to emerge as the victor they would probably have the most points.
    Do I surrender my target card upon a kill? That is, what mechanic keeps me from continuing to look for the 250pt kill after using the same target card for a 100pt kill?
    If you spot someone playing who's making a bee-line for you, you can try to escape. When I was with friends, they knew that if I pointed someone out, they were to try and distract them if possible (not physically restrain them, but perhaps slow them down by asking them a question or something). Generally, there's so much going on at PAX, I'd be surprised if you were to see the person before they got to you.
    vttym sums this up rather nicely. (Thanks!) I'm open to starting a dialogue about ways to make a dodge or avoidance mechanic as well as any other way to improve the game. Feel free to brainstorm ideas here.
    I know PAX is busy. I'm trying to understand how this game balances avoidance/self-preservation with active target seeking. Along those same lines, are there any "safe zones"? Am I going to be constantly distracted from gaming by having to look over my shoulder? How do I enjoy and immerse myself in the game without missing out on PAX, itself?

edited January 2013
    (I tried so hard not to double post, but it happened anyway.)

N13 on
    edited January 2013
    @N13 - Give this a read - I think it will answer a lot of your questions: http://www.phenixone.com/resources/games/AssassinsBall/AssassinsBall_Rules_PRIME_Draft3.pdf

This is for the 2012 Ball, so some stuff probably will change (I already see scoring is slightly different)

vttym on
    edited January 2013
    Do I surrender my target card upon a kill? That is, what mechanic keeps me from continuing to look for the 250pt kill after using the same target card for a 100pt kill?
    You won't surrender your last mission when you kill a player and receive their mission. The retired mission card and the assassination card you receive from your target will be used to register the kill, by entering the code on both cards, and gain prestige points on the leaderboard. There's no mechanic to stop you from reusing retired missions but I want to be clear that doing so is against the rules.

However, you can only register a kill and complete a mission once for points however. Trying to complete the same mission again will result in an error. As far as I know the only time anyone has done something like this is by accident and I've never had any reports of outright cheating come to my attention.

I know PAX is busy. I'm trying to understand how this game balances avoidance/self-preservation with active target seeking. Am I going to be constantly distracted from gaming by having to look over my shoulder? How do I enjoy and immerse myself in the game without missing out on PAX, itself?
    This is a great question but not one that I can really answer. Every person plays the game a little differently and it's up to you to determine the amount of time you want to devote to the game. That being said I never intended this game to overtake the activities occurring during PAX, just to be something that adds a little more awesome to the experience.

Returning players, how did you handle playing the game and staying on top of PAX activities?

Along those same lines, are there any "safe zones"?
    Yes there are! We will have a list of official safe zones in the rules, but here's a quick rundown:
    • BYOC, PC and Console freeplay areas
    • Panels
    • Concerts
    • Bathrooms

MarsChelios on
  • H2OCakeisalieH2OCakeisalie Enforcer Registered User regular
    I think im gonna play this time around i missed out on it at prime

• RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I liked the armbands, because walking along huge lines like the paramount theatre, it was easy to scan a bunch of people at once. And with East being more concentrated, I'll be interested in how it plays differently. But I look forward to the pins.

Also, I remember from the Prime thread there was some confusion about what counted as a legal target. I'd want to know the rules for sure to make sure there's no dispute this time around

Yes there are! We will have a list of official safe zones in the rules, but here's a quick rundown:
    • Panels
    • Concerts
    • Bathrooms
    What about the tabletop areas?

edited February 2013
    • Panels
    • Concerts
    • Bathrooms
    What about the tabletop areas?
    Tabletop areas are fair game.

MarsChelios on
    • Panels
    • Concerts
    • Bathrooms

Did these safe zones exist last year? I was assassinated while in line for a panel. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

I don't think that in line for a panel constitutes a safe zone, I think that the safe zone is *inside* a panel.

@trinnara I was wondering the same thing when I re-read the rules in the link I posted. I feel like it was clarified that lines were fair game, but now I'd like to know for sure.

Mainly because it was me that assassinated you :O

edited February 2013
    trinnara wrote: »
    • Panels
    • Concerts
    • Bathrooms

Did these safe zones exist last year? I was assassinated while in line for a panel. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.
    @trinnara I was wondering the same thing when I re-read the rules in the link I posted. I feel like it was clarified
    that lines were fair game, but now I'd like to know for sure.
    Lines are fair game as well.
    Uh oh. I would watch my back, vttym.

MarsChelios on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    I can't wait for the kickstarter to go up, I am super excited for PAX East his year. I am trying to get in to a fair amount of extracurricular activities to make the most out of the social side of the event.

If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
    New Qs:
    • Does this require mobile Internet? Is there any downside to registering the kills at the end of the day?
    • Is there a mechanic to allow two friends to play together? If not, is there any rule against truces?

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    The button has both a standard pinback and a clothing magnet to ensure that it stays on. If you require a button with a clothing magnet please let me know.

Just to clarify, the choice is between a button with both pin and magnet, or a button with only a magnet?

edited February 2013
    New Qs:
    • Does this require mobile Internet? Is there any downside to registering the kills at the end of the day?
    • Is there a mechanic to allow two friends to play together? If not, is there any rule against truces?
    • Does this require mobile Internet?
      The only thing required to play is a kit. There is a scoring system and a leaderboard but it's not required that you register your kit or kills.
    • Is there any downside to registering the kills at the end of the day?
      The game is designed so that you can enter your kills as you make them, at then end of the day, or the after PAX is over. The kill registration page will be shutdown at some point though and I will announce when so make sure you get them registered before that happens.
      There's nothing preventing you and a friend working together or having truces. There's also nothing preventing them from stabbing you in the back when you're not looking either!
    Raughn wrote: »
    The button has both a standard pinback and a clothing magnet to ensure that it stays on. If you require a button with a clothing magnet please let me know.

Just to clarify, the choice is between a button with both pin and magnet, or a button with only a magnet?
    Oops! That should be "If you require a button without a clothing magnet please let me know". I've updated the OP to reflect that. Love the Moonrise Kingdom avatar, btw.

MarsChelios on
    One thing i should highlight. Please please please keep your mission cards safe. My first kill lost his and poor Mars had to spend a solid 30 minutes looking up his mission card and creating a new one for me. So try and keep them safe.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I will not be participating this year. Sorry, buttons don't fly for me- I liked at least knowing where to look on a person. And Lines not being safe basically means "Go to Pax, or play Assassins."

I choose to attend Pax, sorry.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    EchoZero wrote: »
    One thing i should highlight. Please please please keep your mission cards safe. My first kill lost his and poor Mars had to spend a solid 30 minutes looking up his mission card and creating a new one for me. So try and keep them safe.
    Thank for reminding me of that, EchoZero! Please keep all items of your kit a safe place. The new system will allow me to replace any part of your kit quickly if it becomes lost but I cannot give you credit if you lose the mission or assassination card for a kill.
    Kiashien wrote: »
    I will not be participating this year. Sorry, buttons don't fly for me- I liked at least knowing where to look on a person. And Lines not being safe basically means "Go to Pax, or play Assassins."

Sorry to hear that you're not liking the new system. I would like to hear on the possible issues people see with buttons so please feel free to elaborate more here or through PM. Thanks!

• JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    This sounds like a ton of fun! I have three, possibly four friends who would all probably play too.

I also like the idea of buttons. Wearing an armband all weekend doesn't sound too appealing to me, so I'd rather just slap a button on my shirt or scarf.

• scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I've never participated in this before, but I am definitely going to give a shot this year. Even if I'm done after 15 minutes...I will still enjoy myself. :)

sig.php?id=222
  • TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Aww, kind of sad to see the armband system going away- like it was said, it was incredibly easy to scan crowds and find armbands. This also is my second year so i've had the band sitting next to me the entire year waiting for an update on 2013 so I could buy the update kit.

Question- I have a death code from PAX 2012 that hasn't been registered. Do these expire or can I redeem it for an easy point :P.

(also i hope shipping is going to be much more solid this year!)

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
    Jerkfish wrote: »
    This sounds like a ton of fun! I have three, possibly four friends who would all probably play too.

I also like the idea of buttons. Wearing an armband all weekend doesn't sound too appealing to me, so I'd rather just slap a button on my shirt or scarf.
    I've never participated in this before, but I am definitely going to give a shot this year. Even if I'm done after 15 minutes...I will still enjoy myself. :)
    Awesome! Thanks for the interest, please pass the word along to any other friends who might be interested in playing!
    Aww, kind of sad to see the armband system going away- like it was said, it was incredibly easy to scan crowds and find armbands. This also is my second year so i've had the band sitting next to me the entire year waiting for an update on 2013 so I could buy the update kit.

Question- I have a death code from PAX 2012 that hasn't been registered. Do these expire or can I redeem it for an easy point :P.
    (also i hope shipping is going to be much more solid this year!)
    Unfortunately that card won't work in this game but if you bring it to the show I'll give you a faction button! :) I acknowledge that the game ran into some serious shipping issues at East last year that made it harder or prevented people from getting their kit. I've learned from that though and at our last game Prime shipping went very smoothly.

The comments on being able to find players make some good points. I'm going to be putting together some more detailed instructions on how and where the badge should be worn for easy identification. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts!

@trinnara I was wondering the same thing when I re-read the rules in the link I posted. I feel like it was clarified that lines were fair game, but now I'd like to know for sure.

Ahhhhh! Hai!

I was thinking, "I love PAX! Easy random conversations with strang--nope, he just wants to kill me." :p

• SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    Sounds like fun....until I read that a) this lasts all weekend (so I'd be looking over my shoulder all weekend), b) people are safe who like to play some times of games, but not others (ie: things like PC/console areas being "safe" zones but not tabletop), and c) being on line not being safe (when a LOT of my time is spent on lines, where I'd be a sitting duck, since I sure as hell wouldn't want to leave a line to avoid being assassinated), it looks like I'll have to pass.

And Lines not being safe basically means "Go to Pax, or play Assassins."

Schmulki wrote: »
    Sounds like fun....until I read that a) this lasts all weekend (so I'd be looking over my shoulder all weekend), b) people are safe who like to play some times of games, but not others (ie: things like PC/console areas being "safe" zones but not tabletop), and c) being on line not being safe (when a LOT of my time is spent on lines, where I'd be a sitting duck, since I sure as hell wouldn't want to leave a line to avoid being assassinated), it looks like I'll have to pass.
    Agreed. Unless the safe zones are reconsidered, one will basically be a sitting duck if he plans to enjoy PAX. This is doubly disappointing since one has to pay for the Assassin's kit. (If it were free, dying in my first line might be worth the risk.)

Speaking of safe zones, what about hotels, the T, restaurants or anywhere else outside the BCEC?

It seems like all this is pushing for the only "live" zones to be expo and wandering the halls aimlessly, which sounds rather boring. Isn't the point of a con game to play while also doing the con? How much time do you really spend just wandering around?

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i feel like people may be over-estimating the risk here. keep in mind that there are maybe 100 assassins players at a convention with TENS OF THOUSANDS of people each day. it's not like you're being swarmed with assassins at every turn. last year i encountered very few other players and never got killed, so i personally would rather see the risk factors increased rather than decreased. after all, paranoia is part of the fun!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    And Lines not being safe basically means "Go to Pax, or play Assassins."

Agreed. Unless the safe zones are reconsidered, one will basically be a sitting duck if he plans to enjoy PAX. This is doubly disappointing since one has to pay for the Assassin's kit. (If it were free, dying in my first line might be worth the risk.)

Speaking of safe zones, what about hotels, the T, restaurants or anywhere else outside the BCEC?

You guys said it yourselves, we all spend a lot of time in lines at pax. If we cant play the game while in line, when can we play it? The fact is that pax is a lot of things crammed into one weekend, and i think we all know by now that, even if pax fell on groundhog day, we would never be able to do everything.

Tabletop isnt a safe zone because it is a free access area. All the other safe zones, BYOC, PC freeplay, panels, and concerts all have restrictions on who can get in at what time. As for outside of pax, this is assassins ball at pax east, so i would say the game does not exist outside of pax east.

One other point I would like others to keep in mind is that the game doesnt end after a player has been assassinated. You can still get points for gathering intel. Case in point, I would have gotten first place once through intel alone if I had not been too busy to register it until a week after pax.

7B14287.png