As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    @SLyM and @Premium

Sorry for getting sick and sticking you into the game and sorry for ditching midway through the game.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Well also good to know I was right that the blue vote was just another vote and it was wasted on letting langly have another neutral win

PSN SeGaTai
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    No kime. My death was not awesome. Private Johnson deserved so much better :P

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I died because of a fellow villager. Not because of a vote. Or due to accidental rng fire.

Nope. IW found something shiny and wondered what it did
    Technically, I made something shiny and then wondered what it did.

But yeah, that was totally my bad, and anyone injured by the bomb on Day 2 (and Retaba, who was killed by it) are well within their rights to be cheesed off at me.

In my defense, I'm still pretty new at this, and the prospect of a bomb sounded good. It might even have been useful, if I had employed in a sensible manner, rather than going all Unabomber like a dummy.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Well also good to know I was right that the blue vote was just another vote and it was wasted on letting langly have another neutral win

the vote would have gone to trv and given the mafia another villager to kill

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I died because of a fellow villager. Not because of a vote. Or due to accidental rng fire.

But yeah, that was totally my bad, and anyone injured by the bomb on Day 2 (and Retaba, who was killed by it) are well within their rights to be cheesed off at me.

In my defense, I'm still pretty new at this, and the prospect of a bomb sounded good. It might even have been useful, if I had employed in a sensible manner, rather than going all Unabomber like a dummy.

I thought it was awesome

I'm only joking. Its actually a hilarious turn of events considering it had us convinced there was a mafia mucking about in engineering. Part of my death was also because I was shot by some unknown person on day 1 in propulsion. I'm gonna blame Grimmy just cause hes not here to defend himself.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So I was wrong about everything.

Once again, flying under the radar was a good mafia strategy. In the Persona phalla I suggested killing off the top vote-getters. I think the quiet people might be another good category to be killed off in a battle-phalla.

MSL59.jpg
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Edit: To Bradicus

Pfft. I didn't shoot my gun once this whole game.

GrimmyTOA on
    What the hell happened in the Retaba Shooting Incident?

MSL59.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular

bombs would have been really, really difficult to coordinate so that they didn't do too much damage to villagers, and would actually catch mafia in the blast.

and if you knew who the mafia were enough to plan that far ahead, you'd just vote them out anyway or have everyone shoot them.

The only real use was for mass destruction in a coordinated effort by the mafia, or as a trap by kime or i for the other.

Like I said, if I'd really thought about it, I would have realized that using the bomb was a Bad Idea.

I didn't and I'm sorry.

Thank goodness the Village pulled it off. If we'd lost, I don't know if I could have shown my avatar in CF again.

Currently Playing:
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Like I said, if I'd really thought about it, I would have realized that using the bomb was a Bad Idea.

I didn't and I'm sorry.

Thank goodness the Village pulled it off. If we'd lost, I don't know if I could have shown my avatar in CF again.

Nah, bad attitude. You'll make mistakes, and if you're lucky enough, you'll even single-handedly lose games :P. It happens, and even if people yell at you, just learn from it, keep playing, and have fun!

After all, it's not like you crashed two village spaceships together intentionally or something, eh? :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Haha there actually was a roleblock in this game.

I don't lie!

Much!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    But yeah, not having an active mafia to catch my early mistakes was not good. We also should have been more active in sabotaging instead of shooting early, more damage there. And we could drive people towards ambushes and what not. If I were mafia again knowing the rules, that would be some good times. We also should have been essence transfering somebody (Assuran/SLyM or me) around to acquire more damage, I think.

Yeah, the essence transfer looks like it could have had a lot of potential

Steam profile
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    I died, but we won. Go us! My only regret is not getting to bang more hot chicks in space.

Thanks for running this, Premium! I liked how you built in stuff for people to interact with so we all have things to do beyond just voting, without simply giving people complete powers. Lots of us had slices of partial seer pie and it seems like we all had at least a roughly 1/5 vig. Places to go, space jokes to crack. Good times!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
    I was hoping it would confuse you all more when I died with my usual space name and my claimed/confirmed role in someone else and also in the wrong room. Alas.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    It would have worked with the roles/rooms swapping had the character name not been so obviously yours.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Nah. Even if somehow people forgot about him shooting Heffling, I spied on MegaMek that night.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    I died, but we won. Go us! My only regret is not getting to bang more hot chicks in space.

Thanks for running this, Premium! I liked how you built in stuff for people to interact with so we all have things to do beyond just voting, without simply giving people complete powers. Lots of us had slices of partial seer pie and it seems like we all had at least a roughly 1/5 vig. Places to go, space jokes to crack. Good times!

I agree. Giving everyone stuff to do made things interesting. I kept following the game after I died, which to me is a sign of a good phalla. :^:

MSL59.jpg
    Nah. Even if somehow people forgot about him shooting Heffling, I spied on MegaMek that night.

Oh yeah, I also used the security scanner on the cabin that night.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Thanks for the game, @premium. Balance issues and all, I still had fun. Especially betraying @Iron Weasel again. That's twice now. Good times, right, buddy?

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    I'm starting to think that CTS stands for Cursed Traitor Scum. Vengeance will be mine!

Currently Playing:
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Coming in with 1/10 hit points was kind of alarming. Luckily I am a coward and i found a place where nobody really needed to go.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Seeing that "2" for the bridge population scared the shit out of me.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    @enlightenedbum
    Knew I should have flipped that kill to Infidel. I almost did because I feel bad for the mafia always killing jdark on day 2.

Read more: http://essencewalking.freeforums.net/index.cgi#ixzz2Ji3zteay
    Then stop doing it! :lol:

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    To be fair, although I wasn't in the mafia when they killed you, this is the kind of game where you absolutely positively have to die immediately.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Eh, this game was less about math and more about knowing where everyone is.

Well, I mean, it was one of the two of you because you're both dangerous. And you make pretty maps!

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    thanks for the game!

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Was I killed for any particular reason?

EDIT: Oh wait, I see. It was a grudge thing from CapFalcon. Fair enough. :lol:

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    No Gandalfs allowed

It was posted all over the ship, man

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What about him?
    xTwbCNa.jpg
    We said No Gandalfs.
    We're allowed one.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Which is basically what again? Math?

And you use what to figure out where people were? Math?

Math!

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Thank you for hosting Premium! It was fun, I really like the spaceship phalla games. Like a lot. Sorry I didn't create a better name :| Also, I really liked Capfalcon's name.

Also, gonna grudge you Iron Weasel :P (in good fun)

Sorry Kime! I told Langly about your neutralness and it was over from there, also I guess you told him about being a spy. I got your gun and bomb.

and what(who) hit me day 1?

Heffling wrote: »

Math!

If "math" is, "Player X can only fit in the empty slot", then, yeah, that's math.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Math!

If "math" is, "Player X can only fit in the empty slot", then, yeah, that's math.

Pretty lame math. I mean, I could even manage that much.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Phalla guide to math:

Can I do it?:
    Yes: Not math
    No: Maybe math, proceed

Can jdarksun do it?:
    Yes: Math
    No: Maybe math, proceed

Can the host do it?:
    Yes: Silly math
    No: Game theory

liEt3nH.png
    Retaba wrote: »
    Thank you for hosting Premium! It was fun, I really like the spaceship phalla games. Like a lot. Sorry I didn't create a better name :| Also, I really liked Capfalcon's name.

Also, gonna grudge you Iron Weasel :P (in good fun)

Sorry Kime! I told Langly about your neutralness and it was over from there, also I guess you told him about being a spy. I got your gun and bomb.

and what(who) hit me day 1?

It's OK, I told pretty much everyone about my neutalness already :P

Steam profile