As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A theread about fighting, dying, fighting again, dying some more, and Dust 514

MeldingMelding Registered User regular
ensemble940.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZYlI9UOC8Y

From the makers of everyone's favourite easy to play MMO, EvE Online, comes a PS3 exclusive FPS Dust 514.

You play as a clone mercenary who has the amazing ability to transfer consciousness at the moment of death or something.

It's a free to play FPS that handles pretty well. It's in beta and it shows but it is shaping up to be something neat.

I guess i will be taking a list of player names and maybe account names? like check this out

Forum - ps3 - main charatcer
Melding - CptMelding - Idrel D'Cantani

If we get some more people we can make our own corporation or something and that'd be neat.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    My ps3 name is TaloniousMonk

Character names are

Talonius Monk , Mar'eck, Colsoen

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i knew i should have went with the alternate idea "All we are are [DUST 514] on the wind"

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    PS3 exclusive more like sucks

anyone remember console wars?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    i lost an eye in the console wars.

It's never really over for me.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    still hear the sounds of buttons clacking in the distance..

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    turns out: being a good medic? hells of rewarding.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    holy shit the sway on sniper rifles is absolutely ludicrous lol

is there a "hold breath" button?

crouching tends to take a lot out of it. also improving your sniper rifle skill will help as well.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Did they ever say why they didn't make this a PC game?

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Did they ever say why they didn't make this a PC game?

They sure as hell made the UI for PC. Tell ya that much.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    because they wanted to make a console game is pretty much the only explanation i got.

plus a free to play console FPS is a lot rarer and more novel than a free to play PC FPS. I got access to like, thirty of those things.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i bought a gun and equipped it and then i went out and died and lost the gun i'd just bought

ugh, this really is a ccp game

they tell you that right up front. it's why everything is so cheap. My scout load out takes about thirty grand to restock and right now that's barely worth noting. you get nearly four times that in a bad game, plus the free load outs aren't bad.

God I hate controller aiming. That said I now have a medic who carries remote explosives and it's the best.

Trapping points erryday.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Hey @A Dabble Of Thelonius, you want to squad up and show the internet what half of team Terribad can do?

Wait, shit. @Vsove @Artreus do either of you blokes got a ps3?

Melding on
    I am away to bed actually. Tomorrow starts my four tens.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    curses. Well, at least you didn't get any work done, right?

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I gots me a ps3. Maybe gonna download this soon

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    you should totes get it. we're going to bring team terribad to the stars!

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I downloaded this a few days ago but really need to read up about skills and stuff, the whole meta-game aspect of it seems really interesting but very overwhelming.

hLeTR.png
    i'm trying my best to not spend real money on stuff.

but the game seems really neat, and the real money items are actually pretty cheap?

the real money skill less equipment you can get is under 4 cents a piece.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    well i would like to play this but it would seem i won't be able to until i move next month because my internet won't let me connect to a game

so this shall sit on my harddrive until that fateful day

I think I will download this overnight so I can actually use my internet today

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    yeah two gigs is a bunch.

okay I installed it and junk

uh

which faction are we

• JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    grumble grumble PC

VyQGM.jpg
    Also man I just do not dig on the PS3 controller for first person shooters.

Gimme a 360 controller anyway.

Played a few rounds, some real bad, some better. I think I will hold off on real judgement until I play this as part of a squad, though I do not have a headset

i don't think it really matters. I'm Gallente, i don't know what Talon picked. really don't think it matters though

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Interested in seeing how 514 will end up affecting territory wars in eve. Will corps hire freelancers or have their own Inhouse militia? Depending on how big of a deal 514 stuff is, ican see some corps failing to keep up with the times (Russian bloc can't botmine an fps)

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    i play this

how about you scrubs start playing with me HUH

• fearsomepiratefearsomepirate I ate a pickle once. Registered User regular
    Am I allowed to bump this? Because I just did.

It seems like it could be neat, but I am so lost. Probably because I just did insta-join on some random group of people who had no mics and then I was in some lobby and walking around and then I was suddenly on a planet and I guess there was stuff and people to shoot at and then I'm not sure what and then I got a few kills and was bored and went back to getting lag-killed from bullshit spots by DSR-50-having n05k0p3rz on Yemen.

My old MAG clan switched to this, so maybe it will be more interesting if I play with them. I'm glad it's F2P, because no way in hell would I put money into this until I figure out what I'm doing. It really does feel like a PC game with the complex, tiny-text-heavy interface, and it seems like there is probably a really interesting game behind the terrible graphics and audio.

They should have waited for the PS4.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody.
    PSN ID: fearsomepirate