As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cyberpunk 2077 - It Can't Get Darker Than Night City, Right?

17810121399

Posts

  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who thought that the murderous female cyborg looking so sexualized was actually a bit of a subversive jab a consumer culture?

    My thinking was: She's a cyborg. She's made herself this way. She has purposefully and expensively remodeled her body and face into the consumer culture-perfect clubgirl look. A standard of sexual beauty that is as generic as a gallon of milk (you will notice that the girl in the Cyberware advertisement is dressed exactly the same, except in black, or at least very similarly).

    And in doing so, she's made herself into a psychotic killing machine. By buying into that culture she had destroyed herself and others and actually traded being a person for being a thing.

    Basically a consumer culture=death message.

    (I think she looks more emotional and happy with the bullet scar on her face then she did before, but that could probably be explained by a variety of factors)

    spool32 wrote:
    he pops this cobalt blue tetrahedron like he's thought of something. I'm like son, you know that's just a reskinned fireball, right?
  • EumerinEumerin Registered User regular
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought that the murderous female cyborg looking so sexualized was actually a bit of a subversive jab a consumer culture?

    My thinking was: She's a cyborg. She's made herself this way. She has purposefully and expensively remodeled her body and face into the consumer culture-perfect clubgirl look. A standard of sexual beauty that is as generic as a gallon of milk (you will notice that the girl in the Cyberware advertisement is dressed exactly the same, except in black, or at least very similarly).

    And in doing so, she's made herself into a psychotic killing machine. By buying into that culture she had destroyed herself and others and actually traded being a person for being a thing.

    Basically a consumer culture=death message.

    (I think she looks more emotional and happy with the bullet scar on her face then she did before, but that could probably be explained by a variety of factors)

    It might be present. One of the things seen frequently in most cyberpunk are powerful "megacorporations". Corporations only exist as long as people keep paying them. Which means that a lot of people have been paying these corporations lots of money.

    Consumer culture?

    Oh, yeah.

    Some of the supplements available for Cyberpunk were the "Chromebooks". Chrome, of course, is usually used as a shiny metallic finish to make things look shinier than they otherwise would. And the books are filled with all sorts of stuff you can buy. Some of that stuff is useful. Some of that stuff (such as the crystalline katana that had a light shining up the reverse side to make it look like a laser katana) is pretty much just for cool. They're consumer product catalogues. Buy more stuff. The setting is a world in which you can get just about anything if you've got the money for it (and I do mean *anything*). But the foundation is rotten, and starting to collapse.

    However, I don't think that was an intent of the video creators. Instead it was more of a callback to the info posted on the back of the original Cyberpunk box (yes, the original ruleset came in a box; wish I still had mine...). Talk about glittering cities and people rubbing biosculpt jobs. Then you open the book up and find out that the last bird died from acid rain a few years earlier (there's no date provided, mind you; this tidbit of information is just to get you in the proper frame of mind for the setting). The world looks pretty cool... but only until you stop letting yourself get mesmerized by the bright lights.

    So yeah, hot babe showing lots of leg and with bullet-proof skin. But that same hot babe just slaughtered over a dozen (probably) innocent bystanders, and is getting hunted down by cops with fully automatic weapons. This isn't necessarily such a pleasant place to live.

    The end is presumably after she's undergone some counseling and therapy (an in-setting method to recover some of your Empathy stat that you lost from installing cyberware), and possibly had some of the stuff yanked out of her.

  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    RPS: Even then, though, there’s still an issue of disempowering someone who seems like a lead female character. Will Cyberpunk be more even-handed in terms of the way it treats gender overall, though? I mean, it looked like she joined the Psycho Squad at the end of the trailer, which puts her in a pretty important place.

    Mateusz Kanik: Even handed? Do you mean that we should do something to someone, who seems (and I stress the word seems) the lead male character? Look, nothing has been confirmed about the character you will play. We really want to tell a story of someone from the street, raised in the gutter, who will than stand up against the system he (or she) lives in. And that’s all you know. If you follow news about the game, you will also know that we want to put a lot of work into character customization. So how you treat your avatar in the game is completely up to you.

    You can read the full article here.

    EH28YFo.jpg
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Pretty lame question dodging on the part of Mateusz. "Oh, we made a trailer that just happened to be the latest in a series of 'empowered man dressed in an kickass suit with a gun takes on an underdressed woman portrayed in a sexually vulnerable' manner and suddenly you think our game might not be 100% equal? Don't judge us before you play the game!" As if The Witcher hadn't given you fucking trading cards for having sex with as many women as possible and as if trailers are supposed to be anything other than something for people to obsess over before they have extra information.

    The question wasn't "can you play a male character who has shit happen to him," it was "will the game feature a more even-handed treatment of gender than the trailer" and his answer is "WHO KNOWS?!" Like, seriously dude. Say "yes," "no," or "we haven't decided how much misogyny to put in our game yet." If you want to talk about main characters that's fine but try to also address the question rather than dodging it.

    But then again I guess it's a pipe dream to expect CD Projekt to be worrying about whether its games have evenhanded depictions of women in them. Their #1 priority is probably figuring out how much full frontal female nudity they'll bother working in. The Witcher 2 had a pretty good amount so I wonder if they'll aim to top that.

    TychoCelchuuu on
    TaranisLoveIsUnitySynthesis
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Pretty lame question dodging on the part of Mateusz. "Oh, we made a trailer that just happened to be the latest in a series of 'empowered man dressed in an kickass suit with a gun takes on an underdressed woman portrayed in a sexually vulnerable' manner and suddenly you think our game might not be 100% equal? Don't judge us before you play the game!" As if The Witcher hadn't given you fucking trading cards for having sex with as many women as possible and as if trailers are supposed to be anything other than something for people to obsess over before they have extra information.

    The question wasn't "can you play a male character who has shit happen to him," it was "will the game feature a more even-handed treatment of gender than the trailer" and his answer is "WHO KNOWS?!" Like, seriously dude. Say "yes," "no," or "we haven't decided how much misogyny to put in our game yet." If you want to talk about main characters that's fine but try to also address the question rather than dodging it.

    But then again I guess it's a pipe dream to expect CD Projekt to be worrying about whether its games have evenhanded depictions of women in them. Their #1 priority is probably figuring out how much full frontal female nudity they'll bother working in. The Witcher 2 had a pretty good amount so I wonder if they'll aim to top that.

    Boofucketyhoo?

    Darmak
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Pretty lame question dodging on the part of Mateusz. "Oh, we made a trailer that just happened to be the latest in a series of 'empowered man dressed in an kickass suit with a gun takes on an underdressed woman portrayed in a sexually vulnerable' manner and suddenly you think our game might not be 100% equal? Don't judge us before you play the game!" As if The Witcher hadn't given you fucking trading cards for having sex with as many women as possible and as if trailers are supposed to be anything other than something for people to obsess over before they have extra information.

    The question wasn't "can you play a male character who has shit happen to him," it was "will the game feature a more even-handed treatment of gender than the trailer" and his answer is "WHO KNOWS?!" Like, seriously dude. Say "yes," "no," or "we haven't decided how much misogyny to put in our game yet." If you want to talk about main characters that's fine but try to also address the question rather than dodging it.

    But then again I guess it's a pipe dream to expect CD Projekt to be worrying about whether its games have evenhanded depictions of women in them. Their #1 priority is probably figuring out how much full frontal female nudity they'll bother working in. The Witcher 2 had a pretty good amount so I wonder if they'll aim to top that.

    Boofucketyhoo?

    I'm sorry, was your comment supposed to add something to the conversation or just imply that you're a sexist goose?

    EH28YFo.jpg
    TychoCelchuuu
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    According to Wikipedia,
    A common defense against a loaded question is not to answer the question (e.g. with a simple 'yes' or 'no'), but to challenge the assumption behind the question.

    rRootagea on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I think the guy answered it pretty well. The trailer very obviously plays the "EVERYTHING IS NOT AS IT SEEMS". Hell, it beats you over the face with it, especially at the end.

    It was really kind of an unfair question, because the person asking it assumes the trailer is being sexist in the first place(hint:it's not)

    DarmakArchsorcererNitsua
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Taranis wrote: »
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Pretty lame question dodging on the part of Mateusz. "Oh, we made a trailer that just happened to be the latest in a series of 'empowered man dressed in an kickass suit with a gun takes on an underdressed woman portrayed in a sexually vulnerable' manner and suddenly you think our game might not be 100% equal? Don't judge us before you play the game!" As if The Witcher hadn't given you fucking trading cards for having sex with as many women as possible and as if trailers are supposed to be anything other than something for people to obsess over before they have extra information.

    The question wasn't "can you play a male character who has shit happen to him," it was "will the game feature a more even-handed treatment of gender than the trailer" and his answer is "WHO KNOWS?!" Like, seriously dude. Say "yes," "no," or "we haven't decided how much misogyny to put in our game yet." If you want to talk about main characters that's fine but try to also address the question rather than dodging it.

    But then again I guess it's a pipe dream to expect CD Projekt to be worrying about whether its games have evenhanded depictions of women in them. Their #1 priority is probably figuring out how much full frontal female nudity they'll bother working in. The Witcher 2 had a pretty good amount so I wonder if they'll aim to top that.

    Boofucketyhoo?

    I'm sorry, was your comment supposed to add something to the conversation or just imply that you're a sexist goose?

    No one will care about this in a few months or when CB2077 releases. I didn't really care about the "sexist" undertones that Witcher 1 or 2 had, nor will I really ever.

    Does anyone get angry at Robert E. Howard's super violent and very sexualized Conan universe books/movies/games?

    Kadoken on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Some of the Conan comics were really awful for that stuff

    Howard's stories were actually pretty progressive in that he had women who were extremely empowered and had their own goals and motives

    They just happened to exist inthe same universe as Conan, but that just threw them into the same light as all the non-Conan men in those stories

    Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    Ethan Smith
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    rRootagea wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia,
    A common defense against a loaded question is not to answer the question (e.g. with a simple 'yes' or 'no'), but to challenge the assumption behind the question.
    The assumption behind the question was that the game will do as the trailer does (and as the other CD Projekt Red games do...) and treat women as sex objects to be ogled and prizes to be won. The guy doesn't challenge that assumption, he just says that everyone assumes that we play as the dude rather than the lady (which nobody really assumes - I think as soon as we saw the lady was a member of Psycho Squad we assumed that she was playable).

    Like, did you even read the interview? The question was straight up about the game and the answer was straight up about the avatar. If I ask "will your game feature a lot of interesting quests or will it just be combat focused" and you respond "everyone assumes that you play as the dude in the trailer" you haven't answered the question, you've just dodged it. If I ask "will your game feature a balanced portrayal of women" and you respond "everyone assumes you play as the dude in the trailer" you haven't answered the question, you've just dodged it.

    Taranis
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    rRootagea wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia,
    A common defense against a loaded question is not to answer the question (e.g. with a simple 'yes' or 'no'), but to challenge the assumption behind the question.
    The assumption behind the question was that the game will do as the trailer does (and as the other CD Projekt Red games do...) and treat women as sex objects to be ogled and prizes to be won. The guy doesn't challenge that assumption, he just says that everyone assumes that we play as the dude rather than the lady (which nobody really assumes - I think as soon as we saw the lady was a member of Psycho Squad we assumed that she was playable).

    Like, did you even read the interview? The question was straight up about the game and the answer was straight up about the avatar. If I ask "will your game feature a lot of interesting quests or will it just be combat focused" and you respond "everyone assumes that you play as the dude in the trailer" you haven't answered the question, you've just dodged it. If I ask "will your game feature a balanced portrayal of women" and you respond "everyone assumes you play as the dude in the trailer" you haven't answered the question, you've just dodged it.

    I think it's a bit unfair to characterize Witcher 2 this way.

    Witcher 1, fine. Yeah.

    Witcher 2 does considerably better in that respect, and has a much better attitude regarding sex in general.

    dN0T6ur.png
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    It's just slightly disconcerting. If you're going to have these anticapitalist undertones but ignore the weirdly sexualized murder of a chick in the game's trailer, then I'm getting flashbacks of the shallow assed 'revolutionary' plot in Fable 3.

    Could a 'political' plot work well in a video game? Yes. But it's all too easy to make a shallow plot or to have that plot obscured by needless problematic bullshit.

    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
    TychoCelchuuuLoveIsUnity
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    The woman in the trailer isn't murdered.

    V0iJ9AS.png
    Nitsua
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    The woman in the trailer isn't murdered.

    Alright, sexualized violence.

    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Wait... what's the "issue" of the cybernetically enhanced female who killed 14 people and is apparently completely immune to bullets?

    That she's on her knees? That's the problem? Fucking really.

    Oh no, the cyborg who killed a bunch of people and is bullet proof is totally vulnerable... sexually.

    Seriously.

    DarmakLorahaloCaptain MarcusAlbino BunnyRhan9Nitsua
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    Yeah, those people aren't real though. So yeah, part of the problem is that she's sexualized.

    I don't get the reaction to that assertion. I'm not even particularly turned off by the game (I loved Cyberpunk 2020 through all of high school). It's just a problematic aspect that I'm kind of worried about.

    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

    rRootagea wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia,
    A common defense against a loaded question is not to answer the question (e.g. with a simple 'yes' or 'no'), but to challenge the assumption behind the question.
    The assumption behind the question was that the game will do as the trailer does (and as the other CD Projekt Red games do...) and treat women as sex objects to be ogled and prizes to be won. The guy doesn't challenge that assumption, he just says that everyone assumes that we play as the dude rather than the lady (which nobody really assumes - I think as soon as we saw the lady was a member of Psycho Squad we assumed that she was playable).

    Like, did you even read the interview? The question was straight up about the game and the answer was straight up about the avatar. If I ask "will your game feature a lot of interesting quests or will it just be combat focused" and you respond "everyone assumes that you play as the dude in the trailer" you haven't answered the question, you've just dodged it. If I ask "will your game feature a balanced portrayal of women" and you respond "everyone assumes you play as the dude in the trailer" you haven't answered the question, you've just dodged it.

    Honestly, the dude asked a pretty horrid question.

    Like, it's very nearly sexist itself.

    The only "SEXIST" thing in the trailer is that she looks like she's dressed in fairly tame club attire, compared to real life anyway.

    It's very clear she's having a mental breakdown after killing a dozen or so odd people, which is why she's on the ground, pretty much just chillin as she's being unloaded on.

    Like.

    Where the fuck is that being sexist. Seriously.

  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Hell, mentally put a dude in that exact same situation.

    Now call it sexist.

    I'm calling bullshit. That question was so so bad.

  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    Hell, mentally put a dude in that exact same situation.

    Now call it sexist.

    I'm calling bullshit. That question was so so bad.

    So why not put a dude in that situation?

    Is there a cultural problem of sexualized violence against men in the media?

    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'd still argue Witcher 2 was pretty all right in how it handled gender

    The majority of the most powerful characters were women

    Yeah, most of them ended badly

    Everyone ended badly in that damn game

    Of course I played the Iorveth path, maybe the Roche path had it worse

    dN0T6ur.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Hell, mentally put a dude in that exact same situation.

    Now call it sexist.

    I'm calling bullshit. That question was so so bad.

    So why not put a dude in that situation?

    Is there a cultural problem of sexualized violence against men in the media?

    Because that woman is apparently linked to the cyberpunk art of old. It's a throwback or something. Also is every fucking thread going to devolve into sexism talk now? Is it really sexist for a guy or gal to appreciate the female form? Let's not forget the woman in that trailer is hardly vulnerable given that she just killed all them people. If anything she's just given herself up.

    Elvenshae
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Hell, mentally put a dude in that exact same situation.

    Now call it sexist.

    I'm calling bullshit. That question was so so bad.

    So why not put a dude in that situation?

    Is there a cultural problem of sexualized violence against men in the media?

    Because that woman is apparently linked to the cyberpunk art of old. It's a throwback or something. Also is every fucking thread going to devolve into sexism talk now? Is it really sexist for a guy or gal to appreciate the female form? Let's not forget the woman in that trailer is hardly vulnerable given that she just killed all them people. If anything she's just given herself up.

    You're right, this isn't the place for this kind of conversation.

    Overall I'm still excited for the game--like I said I loved the Cyberpunk 2020 game and it'd be interesting to see some anti-corporatism in a mainstream game. Furthermore, the throwback thing gave me even more excitement for the game, because it made me think of Ghost in A Shell, where the anime had a really throwback-to-the-80s-future feel to it.

    I wasn't even worried about the game until I read that interview. Him saying "why not" in response to that question makes me think that they didn't really think it through, which doesn't bode that well for me. It's a single marred point in my overall massive excitement for the game.

    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    The woman in the trailer isn't murdered.
    She might have been like, brain wiped and reprogrammed or something. That's kind of like dying. But maybe her crazy psychosis was cured and her real personality was restored. I don't know enough about the setting or the game to know.
    Wait... what's the "issue" of the cybernetically enhanced female who killed 14 people and is apparently completely immune to bullets?

    That she's on her knees? That's the problem? Fucking really.

    Oh no, the cyborg who killed a bunch of people and is bullet proof is totally vulnerable... sexually.

    Seriously.
    Not really looking to have the whole "is this sexist" discussion so I'll just note that I disagree with the idea that nothing can be sexist if it's portraying a scantily clad woman in a submissive position who has given a lot of strong, armor-clad men a fantastic reason to be violent to her, but it's super okay because she deserves it and in fact she doesn't even feel it, she can't be hurt. I think that's basically textbook legitimization of violence against women: create a fictional setting where men have a great reason to hurt women, where the women they hurt are sexualized, and where the women they hurt, by virtue of being objects, don't even mind because they can't feel it.
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I'd still argue Witcher 2 was pretty all right in how it handled gender

    The majority of the most powerful characters were women

    Yeah, most of them ended badly

    Everyone ended badly in that damn game

    Of course I played the Iorveth path, maybe the Roche path had it worse
    The Witcher 2 was nowhere near as bad, mostly I'm just talking about the whole "tons of full frontal female nudity but we never really see any naked manflesh aside from chests, which is hardly very revealing."


    Ethan SmithLoveIsUnityKid Presentable
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    We were supposed to see Geralt's butt in the opening scene with Triss (there's even a naked Geralt model for it) but for some reason it was taken out.

    Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Not really looking to have the whole "is this sexist" discussion so I'll just note that I disagree with the idea that nothing can be sexist if it's portraying a scantily clad woman in a submissive position who has given a lot of strong, armor-clad men a fantastic reason to be violent to her, but it's super okay because she deserves it and in fact she doesn't even feel it, she can't be hurt. I think that's basically textbook legitimization of violence against women: create a fictional setting where men have a great reason to hurt women, where the women they hurt are sexualized, and where the women they hurt, by virtue of being objects, don't even mind because they can't feel it.

    It's sexist because you want it to be sexist. That's it. There's no actual debate here.

    LorahaloBloodsheed
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm just saying CD Projekt learned from the Sex Cards thing, I am perfectly willing to have faith they'll do good treatment of gender in this game, even if the teaser is saucy

    dN0T6ur.png
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    You seriously don't see it?

    Like I seriously see no need to have this argument. Is it out and out saying that women shouldn't vote? No. Is it saying that women should be kept in the kitchen? No. Is it problematic? Yeah.

    That's all this conversation has to be. It's kinda problematic, then we move on.

    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
    TychoCelchuuuKid Presentable
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I really look forward to seeing how the augment system will be implemented, and if that will be tied into your character's hold on their humanity in any way.

    It's a big thing they're potentially doing here, potentially Roche vs. Iorveth big, but I think they can make it work.

    I am super excited.

    dN0T6ur.png
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Oh it's a thing, it's problematic.

    But guess what? This isn't one of the things that highlights the problem. On the grand list of things, the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer isn't even on the list. It's not even in the same building where the list is being printed.

    Bloodsheed
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Oh it's a thing, it's problematic.

    But guess what? This isn't one of the things that highlights the problem. On the grand list of things, the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer isn't even on the list. It's not even in the same building where the list is being printed.

    Man, it's all right, you don't have to defend it. Nothing calls for a defense here. The peace has been said.

    We can leave the conversation behind now, and talk about robots

    dN0T6ur.png
    Ethan SmithTychoCelchuuu
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Oh it's a thing, it's problematic.

    But guess what? This isn't one of the things that highlights the problem. On the grand list of things, the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer isn't even on the list. It's not even in the same building where the list is being printed.

    It is one of the things that highlights the problem. On the grand list of things, I'm pretty sure this is one of the things. And it's not on the scale of like, honor killings, but it's not like simply bringing it up is such a waste of time

    I just don't see why you're being so sensitive about this

    Ethan Smith on
    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
    TychoCelchuuu
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    So..... it looks as though there will be custom player appearance in this game? To be expected, when based off tabletop I suppose.
    I wonder how much of a blank slate will that player will allowed to be, since so much of the witcher depended on Geralt's place in it.

  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    rRootagea wrote: »
    So..... it looks as though there will be custom player appearance in this game? To be expected, when based off tabletop I suppose.
    I wonder how much of a blank slate will that player will allowed to be, since so much of the witcher depended on Geralt's place in it.

    I like that they're doing more than just "long-coat mercenary guy", but I'd like to have the only hair options be ridiculous 80s ones.

    Also my first playthrough is going to be with a female cop that I'm going to RP as the Major. It's been decided.

    (Mostly because the last Cyberpunk 2020 game I had was the team following a Japanese government assassin who was styled after the major and had had a full-body replacement. The assassin ended up killing most of the team)

    Ethan Smith on
    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
    rRootagea
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Oh it's a thing, it's problematic.

    But guess what? This isn't one of the things that highlights the problem. On the grand list of things, the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer isn't even on the list. It's not even in the same building where the list is being printed.

    It is one of the things that highlights the problem. On the grand list of things, I'm pretty sure this is one of the things. And it's not on the scale of like, honor killings, but it's not like simply bringing it up is such a waste of time

    I just don't see why you're being so sensitive about this

    Yes, it is a waste of time to bring it up here, in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread. Reguarding the trailer.

    Anyway, shits over.

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Ghost in the Shell (the first movie) was one of the very few films to make me feel real terror at one of the visuals

    And that of course was the Major trying to dissemble the tank

    dN0T6ur.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Ghost in the Shell (the first movie) was one of the very few films to make me feel real terror at one of the visuals

    And that of course was the Major trying to dissemble the tank

    that tank fight is v v v swag

    my favourite part though is that

    because it displays exactly how unhuman and instrumental her approach to her own body is

    v v v cyberponk

    obF2Wuw.png
    Wyborn
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I hope there is shit that cool and dehumanized in this game

    The body as a tool, which can be pushed to the point of destruction

    dN0T6ur.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    here is the scene in question for bros who do not know it

    this is the 2.0 version with remastered sound, ymmv on if its an improvement

    obF2Wuw.png
    ArchsorcererMr.SunshineWybornDarmakElvenshae
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    What a great scene. Muscles too strong for the frame, an augmented body pushed to the limit

    And how a cyborg really should fight a walking tank

    That's one of my favorite scenes in science fiction, no questions asked

    Shit I'm gonna go buy that blu-ray TOMORROW

    Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
Sign In or Register to comment.