As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone know how I can contact this enforcer?

xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
edited September 2006 in PAX Archive
She's the asian girl working at the Console Freeplay register table.

http://flickr.com/photos/thejedi/227528471/ << that guy.

xxhennersxx on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Um.... creepy stalker time

Jesus... how many threads like this are going to pop up on here?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    You should edit the orginal post to just ask who the brother is. This forum hates people trying to meet women through the internet.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I'm not trying to "meet women over the internet". She asked what starbucks I work at and my contact info, but my friends pulled me away in the crowd! :(

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    I'm not trying to "meet women over the internet". She asked what starbucks I work at and my contact info, but my friends pulled me away in the crowd! :(

Punch your friends in the face. That's a foul.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Why do they not teach tactics in school? Tactically asking for this girl gives you nothing. You should have thought ahead and instead asked for her brother as if you were looking for him.

"Hey is this you, I took a picture of you" And sling some bull. But hey, you know they say honesty is the best policy. Let's see if it works for you.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Why is it that this sort of thing is romantic in movies, but kind of creepy on internet forums?

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    :\ I didn't give it any thoughts about being creepy because it's not like i'm trying to hit on her. I have a girlfriend that I goto sakuracon with...

I just thought she was really nice and stuff. -_-

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Samyel wrote:
    Why is it that this sort of thing is romantic in movies, but kind of creepy on internet forums?

Because in the movies, the person searching is usually a normal guy that had a nice moment with the person that they're searching for and you can actually see that happen.

With the internet and the kind of people that inhabit it, you have to assume that the person searching is a nerdy dork and the girl actually just said 'hi' to him and he started obsessing over her that second.

May not apply here, but that's how I usually see it. :D

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Samyel wrote:

Because in the movies, the person searching is usually a normal guy that had a nice moment with the person that they're searching for and you can actually see that happen.

With the internet and the kind of people that inhabit it, you have to assume that the person searching is a nerdy dork and the girl actually just said 'hi' to him and he started obsessing over her that second.

-_- She wanted to know what Starbucks I work at and I just wanted to tell her. I have a Girlfriend so it's not like that! >_< sigh

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Samyel wrote:

-_- She wanted to know what Starbucks I work at and I just wanted to tell her. I have a Girlfriend so it's not like that! >_< sigh
    Legacy wrote:

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    :\ no one knows how I can contact'em? -_- I hate being the honest type.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    :\ no one knows how I can contact'em? -_- I hate being the honest type.

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing expecting different results. If you had told the forum you were looking for this dude and then posted his picture in the post you wouldn't have been dishonest. You wouldn't even have had to lie. You could have said "I need to find a friend of this guy" since he is of course friends with his sister. It's not about expressing untrue about yourself but instead choosing which truth about yourself you choose to express. Also taking into account you audiance is always advised.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    thanks...

Seriously though, I wanted to pretty much just give her a "hey, thanks for being really coolat PAX. you wanted to know what starbucks I work at, it's balblablablablabla. " that sort of thing. If she had a myspace or something, add her to my friends list on there.

-_-

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited September 2006
    If she had a myspace or something, add her to my friends list on there.
    Ouch.

You just keep making it worse for yourself.

>=)

David Coffman on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2006
    thanks...

Seriously though, I wanted to pretty much just give her a "hey, thanks for being really coolat PAX. you wanted to know what starbucks I work at, it's balblablablablabla. " that sort of thing. If she had a myspace or something, add her to my friends list on there.

-_-

Why don't you just tell her next year at PAX and quit the creepy stalkerness.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    thanks...

-_-

Why don't you just tell her next year at PAX and quit the creepy stalkerness.

Man, you people are rough. I really don't see how this is being "creepy" in the least. He met an individual who he thought was pretty cool, and wants to contact the individual in question. Christ, guys.

Crapfestival on
  • Options
    AiolarAiolar Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Reasons this is seen as creepy:

He has a girlfriend
    He is searching for another girl over the internet
    He is a guy looking for a girl by asking other people who she is/how he can contact her
    Most (all?) of us don't know this guy, and so can't vouch for him

Reasons this could be not-creepy:

I do believe there is such a thing as a platonic guy-girl relationship
    He and she are both geeks - common interest is already established

How to maybe avoid being creepy, without lying or deceiving or telling half-truths:

Say "Hey, I saw this girl at PAX, she was an awesome Enforcer, we chatted and she wanted to know which Starbucks I work at. My friends pulled me away before I could answer her. If someone here knows her, ____ is the Starbucks I work at, please tell her she did an awesome job as an Enforcer, and if she wants to say hi she can PM me here."

Still has some of the creepy vibe, but this way, you aren't stalking her as much as requesting that one of her friends says hi for you, and offers her the chance to make the next move or totally ignore you.

Aiolar on
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

<TRON> if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCALATOR = EVERLASTING FUN

Also, this
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Aiolar wrote:
    Reasons this is seen as creepy:

He has a girlfriend
    He is searching for another girl over the internet
    He is a guy looking for a girl by asking other people who she is/how he can contact her
    Most (all?) of us don't know this guy, and so can't vouch for him

Reasons this could be not-creepy:

I do believe there is such a thing as a platonic guy-girl relationship
    He and she are both geeks - common interest is already established

How to maybe avoid being creepy, without lying or deceiving or telling half-truths:

Say "Hey, I saw this girl at PAX, she was an awesome Enforcer, we chatted and she wanted to know which Starbucks I work at. My friends pulled me away before I could answer her. If someone here knows her, ____ is the Starbucks I work at, please tell her she did an awesome job as an Enforcer, and if she wants to say hi she can PM me here."

Still has some of the creepy vibe, but this way, you aren't stalking her as much as requesting that one of her friends says hi for you, and offers her the chance to make the next move or totally ignore you.

I concor.

Highfire on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    I conquer.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    I conquer.
    :winky:

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    i see what you did there

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    edited September 2006

this is what I attempted to do...

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I don't see why everybody yells 'creepy' when threads like this are made.

It's far easier to see somebody in real life, follow them around in real life, and follow them to their home in... real life!

That's creepy stalker.

Looking for somebody is just looking for somebody.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    pseudonym?pseudonym? Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I just wanted to say how proud I am of the PA community for raising a flag on this instead of handing over contact info. Not that I really suspect anything, but the creep factor surely exists, and it warms to heart to know that so many notice such things.

pseudonym? on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Well, really, the only fair thing to do--assuming you know the lady in question--is to let her know about his interest and let her make her own call whether or not it's creepy, and whether or not she wants to make herself known again.

Unfairly, I think it's kind of creepy, considering he mentions it here, in another thread, and again in a photoblog I stumbled on through the photo thread. You're a little hung up on the girl, considering you have a lady-friend already, kiddo.

Honestly, it was kind of cute until the part where you already had a girlfriend. PAX was a great place to flirt with likeminded strangers, and I kind of understand wanting to keep up that banter. But how would your girlfriend feel if she found this thread?

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The people in question have been alerted of the thread.

So if you dont get a reply then I guess they dont want to talk to you :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I don't see why everybody yells 'creepy' when threads like this are made.

It's far easier to see somebody in real life, follow them around in real life, and follow them to their home in... real life!

That's creepy stalker.

Looking for somebody is just looking for somebody.

People who yell "Creepy" only do so because of their sheltered life. Those who hav actually seen evil know that awkward is not creepy. But because most of them have never had a real experiance with a rapist, criminal, psociopath etc so the weird is evil. Peoples need to go experiance life. Something serious. How can that be bad advice? Seriously. I remember last year on here some guy named Red Machine D said he didn't want to go on public transportation because he heard of his friend getting raped on a bus or something. Seriouly. When people yell creepy it reminds me of stupid bitches (actual dogs) barking at people walking by their front yard. Let's just give you this little word of advice. That smooth guy that makes you feel nice, yeah that is the creepy date rapist. That awkward guy who makes you feel wierd, yeah he is just socially awkward.

I mean you have a right to your emotional reactions, your privacy and you dignity. But you do not have the right to never have an awkward conversation. Break on through to the other side. There may be something worth knowing over there. And stop yelling creepy when some one mentions gender, sex, sexuality, attraction etc. Please? Ok? Thanks.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Not Creepy- Asking on info about someone you met, who wanted to know where you work.

Creepy- Ripping the cover off your yearbook, that was signed by only one girl. And then cutting & glueing every photo in the yearbook, of said girl, on to the cover. And then carrying it around for three days, until girl finds out.

(Useing a friend* I had from the Bay Area, who's name I won't say, for the Creepy part.)

*Daivd Bodiyo of Sacramento, CA.

Highfire on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Samyel wrote:
    Honestly, it was kind of cute until the part where you already had a girlfriend. PAX was a great place to flirt with likeminded strangers, and I kind of understand wanting to keep up that banter. But how would your girlfriend feel if she found this thread?

My girlfriend doesn't care...I have friends that are girls, she has friends that are guys...kinda one and the same you know? I'm not interested in this girl "in that way"...-_-;; but alas, what's been done is done...

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    My girlfriend doesn't care...I have friends that are girls, she has friends that are guys...kinda one and the same you know? I'm not interested in this girl "in that way"...-_-;; but alas, what's been done is done...

If your girl doesn't care, and the enforcer hasn't screamed, "eek!" then you're pretty much batting the same average you started with.

My opinion the issue is forum-filler and doesn't matter at all.

Samyel on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Samyel wrote:

If your girl doesn't care, and the enforcer hasn't screamed, "eek!" then you're pretty much batting the same average you started with.

My opinion the issue is forum-filler and doesn't matter at all.

So WTFrick are you posting for, to enthusiasticly express your apathy? Horn of Gondor!

Ghost Rider 2099 on
  • Options
    edited September 2006

So WTFrick are you posting for, to enthusiasticly express your apathy? Horn of Gondor!

Singing of apathy from the hilltops of the internet is a time-honoured tradition.

Also, I feel bad for saying that he was creepy, since it obviously bothers him.

Samyel on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I would like to tip my hat to those in this thread who defended it against the "it's creepy!" police.

If the he was asking about a guy, would you have reacted this way? (Don't do the "that's gay" thing. It only makes you look more foolish.)

If it was a girl asking about a guy, would you have reacted this way? (Don't do the "that never happens" thing. See above.)

If it was a girl asking about a girl... wow, ok, that's hot. Go ahead and be foolish. ;)

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    So the girl didn't show? Boo! Way to man up lady. Way to represent.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
  • Options
    jieunjieun Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    DJBreslin wrote:
    If it was a girl asking about a guy, would you have reacted this way? (Don't do the "that never happens" thing. See above.)
    I was about to make a post/thread/something asking about this one guy, but then decided not to when I saw this thread with all the ZOMG CREEP stuff.

._.

I feel like a creep, too.

jieun on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    look what you did! you broke our casual hook up line at pax. Maybe pax needs a dating service, or something.

Or not.. Maybe it would be too ** CREEPY**

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    jieun wrote:
    DJBreslin wrote:
    I was about to make a post/thread/something asking about this one guy, but then decided not to when I saw this thread with all the ZOMG CREEP stuff.

._.

I feel like a creep, too.

Awesome! I salute you. Courage in the face of awkward! Let the geek love flow.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Let the geek love flow.
    Smells like Cheetos.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Let the geek love flow.
    Smells like Cheetos.

Was Cheetos at 2006? Motherfucker loves cheetos!

Ghost Rider 2099 on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Let the geek love flow.
    Smells like Cheetos.

Was Cheetos at 2006? Motherfucker loves cheetos!

I heard no.

Highfire on
This discussion has been closed.