As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Professional Certifications

So i figure it's high time i get some certifications under my belt. I'm tired of being ok at a bunch of things, and not an expert in anything. I've got a self paced training book for the SQL DB developer Exam (microsoft), but apparently i'm not built for self paced study. Does anybody know a good online school or anything that offers prep classes for microsoft exams? I learn a lot better by doing, so pre-recorded stuff isn't really what i'm looking for, i work in a microsoft shop so i get access to their e-learning site anyways. I see places that offer intense 5 days courses, but i can't take a week off work for that. Are there places that do weekend warrior courses or something?

• Options
    PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    Check your local community college? A lot of them offer Continuing Education courses that are geared towards professional certifications, and the schedules vary. Because it's CE, a lot of classes tend to be at night and on the weekend.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Pirusu wrote: »
    Check your local community college? A lot of them offer Continuing Education courses that are geared towards professional certifications, and the schedules vary. Because it's CE, a lot of classes tend to be at night and on the weekend.

This.

My local CC has tons of IT-related certificate programs. And it's also not a bad place to do some networking.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tox wrote: »
    Pirusu wrote: »

This.

My local CC has tons of IT-related certificate programs. And it's also not a bad place to do some networking.

(lol IT puns)

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    yeah i talked to a place that does the intense 5 day classes and they said the same thing. Time to see if Community is actually a documentary!