As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2013 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Vianeth wrote: »
    Im researching hotels for Prime 2013, some of the hotels a block away don't have dates available for online reservations. Should I wait until 'pax hotel' registration goes live, or reserve my hotel before all the good hotels sell out?

I was looking at hotels just out of curiosity and noticed that the PAX registration had a better rate (as compared to what I paid last year) then what I could book right now. Not saying it's going to be the case...but I am going to guess it won't jump almost $100/night from this year to last year. So I second the wait till PAX hotel registration for that reason as well.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • cdchandler1cdchandler1 Registered User new member
    How many passes can be purchased at one time?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

• tisaniantisanian HartfordRegistered User regular
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice for booking a flight from the east coast? I checked Kayak and right now it would be around $350, but I know when I used OnPeak to book my hotel for East, they had a tab for flights. Would anyone suggest waiting until this becomes available, or go ahead and get a flight now?

I personally have never used OnPeak's flight service. I have no clue if it's worth it for that (although it *totally* is worth it for hotels). $350 would be less than I paid for my flight last year from the east coast.

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    So do we have any confirmation on the dates? The only times i saw were backed up by "so doing some research". No official word yet?

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    August 30-September 2.

FPaVAU0.jpg

Prime is always on Labor Day at the WSCC unless otherwise stated.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    ahh nice. Condo Gett'd.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • disabledgamerj2disabledgamerj2 Kirkland, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    any idea when pax prime passes will go on sale? I know we're geting close

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    If the past is anything to go off of, shortly after East is done.

• RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    On the Pax Prime home page, there is an article that says that registration will not be until sometime after Pax East. Last year, I believe that it opened in early to mid April. Just keep an eye on the site.

http://prime.paxsite.com/news/pax-prime-2013-registration

tw787Xr.png

• sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    I am watching the 2 hotels I switch between like a hawk, because otherwise the trip becomes way to expensive

I AM THE VAMPIRE
    It is probably best to wait for hotel registration to go up through OnPeak (same time as when passes go up), since PA has already reserved large chunks of rooms for every hotel nearby (which is why you probably can't find anything reasonable for that weekend) and they'll be cheaper than the normal rates.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    It is probably best to wait for hotel registration to go up through OnPeak (same time as when passes go up), since PA has already reserved large chunks of rooms for every hotel nearby (which is why you probably can't find anything reasonable for that weekend) and they'll be cheaper than the normal rates.

As someone who works in the hotel industry, this is absolutely correct. You will not be able to match the group rates booking outside the group (unless you have an employee rate like I do), and if last year is anything to go by, it will be far easier to get a room inside the group than outside of it. It's never a bad idea to hold a room anyway, as long as you are holding it on a cancellable rate (meaning: not a prepaid special or something booked through Priceline or Orbitz), but definitely make sure to look at the OnPeak rooms.

xderwsaxganu.png
    i'll be looking for a hotel this year to for me and a friend, anyone got an idea which hotels would have the best rooms to accommodate a wheelchair?

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    i'll be looking for a hotel this year to for me and a friend, anyone got an idea which hotels would have the best rooms to accommodate a wheelchair?

All hotels have some amount of wheelchair-friendly rooms. Just make sure to reserve an "Accessible" or "ADA" room. If you don't see any reserved for the group, make a note in the comments that you'll need a wheelchair-accessible room, and they should be able to accommodate you.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular

All hotels have some amount of wheelchair-friendly rooms. Just make sure to reserve an "Accessible" or "ADA" room. If you don't see any reserved for the group, make a note in the comments that you'll need a wheelchair-accessible room, and they should be able to accommodate you.

If you need to leave a note on the reservation, it might not be a bad idea to call OnPeak to reconfirm that they request it. Also, if you are like me, call the hotel about a week prior to arriving and double check it. (Don't call earlier as the hotel doesn't actually get the reservation until a week or two before you arrive so they won't have anything in their system).

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    edited February 2013
    Fenrisfang wrote: »

If you need to leave a note on the reservation, it might not be a bad idea to call OnPeak to reconfirm that they request it. Also, if you are like me, call the hotel about a week prior to arriving and double check it. (Don't call earlier as the hotel doesn't actually get the reservation until a week or two before you arrive so they won't have anything in their system).

True, it never hurts to double-check, especially since the accessible rooms are limited. I'm just saying, some hotels don't break them out of their general inventory, so just because they're not listed separately, doesn't mean they don't have them.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
    Thanks for the info.

• iLarkieiLarkie Registered User regular
    Is PAX going to be Aug 1 - Sep 2?

Because I'm going to request my days off soon, and I dont know if those are the actual dates or if its just a placeholder =(

iLarkie wrote: »

Because I'm going to request my days off soon, and I dont know if those are the actual dates or if its just a placeholder =(

Oh god, I hope PAX isn't a month long :P

August 30th to September 2

• sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular

if PAX was a month long I would die I am not even sure if I can handle a 4th day of partying

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    God I hope they still do 3-day passes for $70, won't be able to stay for all 4 days.

sarge1445 wrote: »

if PAX was a month long I would die I am not even sure if I can handle a 4th day of partying

I'd probably die too. But I'd die happy.

xderwsaxganu.png
    I know it early to be asking this but im curious, whare are all the pre pax prime parties normally held at? i don't drinker and im not a big dancer but i'll gamie it up with some people in :)

*iin a heartbeat

i mean im not a drinker lol

I know it early to be asking this but im curious, whare are all the pre pax prime parties normally held at? i don't drinker and im not a big dancer but i'll gamie it up with some people in :)

There's normally a bar crawl the night before, and possibly some other parties too. Details will come as the date draws nigh.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »

Has there been any talk of this increasing for Prime? I would like to buy badges for myself and my husband but if badges can only be bought for a single day, I would have to submit two separate orders and risk the chance of them selling out while checking out with the first set.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    edited February 2013
    There's also no concrete info on exactly how the badges will be done for Prime yet (re: only single days, multi days, etc).

I would expect that whichever method is chosen will allow for small group orders without *too* much trouble.

zerzhul on
  • Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    Just signed in but was an attendee last year (unfortunately a 1 day only :( ) but I see registration is closed does that mean I am totally out of luck in regards to getting a multi day pass? Me & a buddy really want to come down for the full event as we were rushing to see as much as we could last year and want to check everything out over 3 days and of course grab some more swag! sorry if this is a newbie question

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
    Just signed in but was an attendee last year (unfortunately a 1 day only :( ) but I see registration is closed does that mean I am totally out of luck in regards to getting a multi day pass? Me & a buddy really want to come down for the full event as we were rushing to see as much as we could last year and want to check everything out over 3 days and of course grab some more swag! sorry if this is a newbie question

Registration has not yet begun for PAX Prime 2013. It will not begin until after PAX East 2013 ends. Follow http://twitter.com/official_pax for announcements :)

So, I have seen 2 dates for PAX Prime, Aug 30 - Sep 2, and Aug 31 to Sep 3. I'll prolly hold off on my days off request until PAX officially releases a date

edited February 2013
    Not sure when the second one came from, but PAX officially announced their dates awhile back. It's Aug 30 - Sept 2. The dates are also available via the wscc website on their calendar.

Edit: here's one of many tweets where they've said the dates (Aug 30 - Sept 2)

zerzhul on
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Not sure when the second one came from, but PAX officially announced their dates awhile back. It's Aug 30 - Sept 2. The dates are also available via the wscc website on their calendar.

Edit: here's one of many tweets where they've said the dates (Aug 30 - Sept 2)

thank you very much sir! this helps a ton! ^^

Thanks for answering my question

Hoping that we are able to secure 2 badges for the entire PAX this year - how quickly do they normally sell out of the full pass (for all 3 / 4 days)? is it a case of if your not able to get them that day they are pretty much all sold out within an hour? I know last year League of Legends probably boosted the sales quite a bit

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
    Thanks for answering my question

Hoping that we are able to secure 2 badges for the entire PAX this year - how quickly do they normally sell out of the full pass (for all 3 / 4 days)? is it a case of if your not able to get them that day they are pretty much all sold out within an hour? I know last year League of Legends probably boosted the sales quite a bit

Last year they sold out within 24 combined hours (there was a glitch in the original system). It may be slower than that this year, but I wouldn't count on it. The crazy demand last year will likely spike sales.

It did take another couple days for all the single day badges to sell out though.

What is not yet known, however, is whether there will be a 4-day combo badge, or if there will be only single day badges. Both have been discussed, neither have been confirmed.

The absolute *best* thing you can do is to follow http://twitter.com/official_pax on twitter for the announcement. You can even set up twitter for SMS notifications.

Ah okay, I will sign up for that as we would ideally like to come down for the whole event since we are traveling down from Vancouver it would be a nice weekend as opposed to rushing through everything in a day or so.

Thanks again - hope they do the full on 4 day badge pass makes more sense than having to buy 4 single day badges

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, I've gone to PAX 4 times now (I've had the prerequisite Panel Year, Expo Year, and Gaming Year, as well as a "show someone new to PAX year), so I think it's time to be an Enforcer, something I've always wanted to do. Is there a special place to sign up to do that, or is it part of the regular registration page or something? What's the usual process of becoming an Enforcer?

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
    Enforcer applications are an entirely separate process. The call for new Enforcers, should that happen, will go out on the PAX site and Twitter accounts and most likely on the PA main page (so very hard to miss). The application itself mostly reads like a job application, so treat it like one.

As for the next steps, I'd read this thread.

This discussion has been closed.