As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax East 2013 Vita Players?

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Sonic Racing Demo for Vita is out now, so you can check it out first. I agree that it, UMvC, and All Stars make the most sense. I'm not a bit fighting game fan, so I'll probably stick with Sonic. We have a racer, a fighter, and a brawler, too back there isn't a shooter or a hack n' slash. I will have Resistance, but I recommend this game cautiously. I loved it, but others did not. I also think the the Silent Hill game looks like a good dungeon hack n' slash and might be cheap because it got panned. There's a demo, so you can try it first. I think the key to enjoying the game is NOT to think of it as a Silent Hill game.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    gonexall wrote: »
    Sonic Racing Demo for Vita is out now, so you can check it out first. I agree that it, UMvC, and All Stars make the most sense. I'm not a bit fighting game fan, so I'll probably stick with Sonic. We have a racer, a fighter, and a brawler, too back there isn't a shooter or a hack n' slash. I will have Resistance, but I recommend this game cautiously. I loved it, but others did not. I also think the the Silent Hill game looks like a good dungeon hack n' slash and might be cheap because it got panned. There's a demo, so you can try it first. I think the key to enjoying the game is NOT to think of it as a Silent Hill game.

I'll check out the Silent Hill demo on Monday when I get my 32gb card. That might be fun.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    ok so right now Sonic Racing and All Stars is on my pick up list. I may also grab MK just because i love that game.

a new free game came out for Vita recently if your a PS+ member. its FOOSBALL2012! and its actually kinda fun. it does have online multiplayer although i havent tried it so idk how good it is.

7US7VWW.png
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    You playin' that Foosball again?

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    anyone know how much that foosball game costs for non-psplus members? At this point still debating weather to pick up Resistance, Silent Hill, or the upcoming Sly Cooper game. Still also have to pick up sonic racing. How many others have/want to play SH at a vita get together? Are there those who would prefer this to other games?

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    anyone know how much that foosball game costs for non-psplus members?
    $7.99.

sig.php?id=222
  • randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    I'm definitely getting Sly 4. I've been waiting for that game for 8 years! Have you heard anything about multiplayer in that?

I'm a bit curious about Silent Hill but $30 is a little steep for something that will most likely just piss me off.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
    I'm definitely getting Sly 4. I've been waiting for that game for 8 years! Have you heard anything about multiplayer in that?

I'm a bit curious about Silent Hill but $30 is a little steep for something that will most likely just piss me off.

I'm just scared of Silent Hill lol

• sidran32sidran32 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I just picked up Call Of Duty: Black Ops Declassified. Back of the box says it supports 2-8 infrastructure player competitive multiplayer. I assume that means over the Internet. I don't know if you can set up custom games yet (I have yet to install it--first I need to transfer all my data to the new memory card). We'll see.

EDIT: Just got it installed and launched. Menu says it supports ad-hoc multiplayer, too. So, if others have it, that could be another multiplayer option!

sidran32 on
    fss_overall.png

Sly should be awesome. Silent Hill is not for everyone because it is not really a Silent Hill game, but a dungeon hack-and-slash with the Silent Hill name slapped onto it. If you can get past this, I think it's a decent hack-and-slash (based on the demo. I still do not have the full game). Fortunately, you too can try out the demo and see what you think. Still, I think there are better ways to spend $30 on the Vita, especially if you still have not gotten Sonic Racing. I bet Silent Hill will go down in price since it was so poorly reviewed.

• GausGaus Registered User regular

People might want to get the three month pass for PSN Plus, just for PAX, then you could have a few games that a lot of Vita players will also have.

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

Sly should be awesome. Silent Hill is not for everyone because it is not really a Silent Hill game, but a dungeon hack-and-slash with the Silent Hill name slapped onto it. If you can get past this, I think it's a decent hack-and-slash (based on the demo. I still do not have the full game). Fortunately, you too can try out the demo and see what you think. Still, I think there are better ways to spend $30 on the Vita, especially if you still have not gotten Sonic Racing. I bet Silent Hill will go down in price since it was so poorly reviewed.

Yeah I played the demo, and though it was fun it was certainly something very different for a vita title. Not something I plan on picking up, at least for a while until the price drops or I see it cheap on a forum board. I think I may start looking for sonic racing and Resistance though on forums shortly. Both seem like they could be fun games for PAX along with UMvC and PS:Allstars
    Gaus wrote: »

People might want to get the three month pass for PSN Plus, just for PAX, then you could have a few games that a lot of Vita players will also have.

This is also something I may look into doing. Currently (until March 4th I believe) a 12mo subscription ($49.99) will actually activate for 15months which is kind of nice of Sony. Still I may pick up just a basic three month for PAX just to see if it's actually worth it for my Vita and Ps3. Unsure of the price that currently goes for but I'd guess it matches Live Gold at 7.99

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Hey there! Let us know if you need help pimping out a meet up time and day. Gotta rep the handhelds as much as possible :)

Also, in the interest of honesty, we always have a hell of a time figuring out which PS games are popular enough/multi-player friendly enough for our tournaments. Any top notch suggestions for "everyone would totally show up for this" game titles are highly appreciated!
    Wondering how many forum-goers are owners and players of the Sony PS-VITA!!!?!?!?

Along with that checking to see what games people plan to bring to play, and even what games are worth playing. Maybe if there's enough people we can do some kind of Vita Players meetup for meet and plays or something along the line.

List of games I have currently:
    ~WipEout 2048
    ~Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    ~Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
    ~Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
    ~Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
    ~Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale

Hopfully I'll get around to getting a fps for it at somepoint

What are the rest of you playing?

1/16/13 update:

Their is apparently a Vita "Wake Up Club" app in which the vita automatically wakes and connects players who set the same time. As we get closer to PAX we will decide on a time and day and may see how many PAX forum-goers and vita players are connected!!

Along with this if we have many people interested we may form a Vita meetup in which anyone with a Vita can come, chill, meet new people, and play Vita together. This should also be a great time if people are interested in doing so. Obviously we can discuss what games in this thread!

Scoots on
    edited January 2013
    Scoots wrote: »
    Hey there! Let us know if you need help pimping out a meet up time and day. Gotta rep the handhelds as much as possible :)

Also, in the interest of honesty, we always have a hell of a time figuring out which PS games are popular enough/multi-player friendly enough for our tournaments. Any top notch suggestions for "everyone would totally show up for this" game titles are highly appreciated!

Hey @Scoots, as I've stated in my just updated original post I'll be PMing you in the next couple of days. Considering this is the first time I've ever tried to put a meet up together I'm sure I'll definitely need all the help I can get. It seems those posting in here are very interested in having it happen though, and so I'd definitely love to get something going for the vita scene. As far as a tournament were to go the top contenders are likely PS All Stars Battle Royale and UMvC. I know Sonic Racing is another popular game planned for the meetup although I'm not sure what modes it has and if it could be used for a tournament, as I don't have it yet. Things are definitely looking great for this though and I'm getting really really excited :D

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    Scoots wrote: »

Hey @Scoots, as I've stated in my just updated original post I'll be PMing you in the next couple of days. Considering this is the first time I've ever tried to put a meet up together I'm sure I'll definitely need all the help I can get. It seems those posting in here are very interested in having it happen though, and so I'd definitely love to get something going for the vita scene. As far as a tournament were to go the top contenders are likely PS All Stars Battle Royale and UMvC. I know Sonic Racing is another popular game planned for the meetup although I'm not sure what modes it has and if it could be used for a tournament, as I don't have it yet. Things are definitely looking great for this though and I'm getting really really excited :D

Awesomesauce. If I am a lamer and don't get back to you right away when you PM, just hit up the @handheldlounges twitter.

I checked out that Silent Hill demo. It's ok, but not really Silent Hill. IT could be fun if it was cheaper though :)

• XomasXomas Dork Windsor, CORegistered User regular
    Last year I brought my Vita with me to have some sucess during the slower times. One thing I did notices is that I found a lot of people with Near while at the convention. Something around 100 folks that I was constantly running into. It was nice that because of this I got pretty much ever Mod Nation Racers game goodie and completed a lot of other games as well.

This year I will be bringing:
    Mortal Kombat
    Mod Nation Racers
    Fooseball
    Gravity Rush
    Battle Royal
    And a few others.

The problem is finding a good time to play with folks. Of course during queues but I find after the exhibition hall closes is a good time, yet everyone is leaving. Eitherway, look for me at The_Xomas in a few days.

• Cloud25XDCloud25XD Registered User regular
    Im gonna go play my PS Vita now actually. Probably wont be able to join u guys. All i have is Ragnarok Oddysey, AC Liberation and like 2 more. Dont think any are multiplayer or very good multiplayer at least.

Xomas wrote: »
    Last year I brought my Vita with me to have some sucess during the slower times. One thing I did notices is that I found a lot of people with Near while at the convention. Something around 100 folks that I was constantly running into. It was nice that because of this I got pretty much ever Mod Nation Racers game goodie and completed a lot of other games as well.

This year I will be bringing:
    Mortal Kombat
    Mod Nation Racers
    Fooseball
    Gravity Rush
    Battle Royal
    And a few others.

The problem is finding a good time to play with folks. Of course during queues but I find after the exhibition hall closes is a good time, yet everyone is leaving. Eitherway, look for me at The_Xomas in a few days.
    Nice Profile pic btw. Im a huge fan of KH and Final Fantasy. :D

Cloud25XD wrote: »
    Im gonna go play my PS Vita now actually. Probably wont be able to join u guys. All i have is Ragnarok Oddysey, AC Liberation and like 2 more. Dont think any are multiplayer or very good multiplayer at least.

I don't know about AC Liberation, but Ragnarok is half single player, half multiplayer. It is a very good meet up game.

• XomasXomas Dork Windsor, CORegistered User regular
    > @Cloud25XD said: <span class="PaSprite GreenArrow"></span>
    > Xomas wrote: » Last year I brought my Vita with me to have some sucess during the slower times. One thing I did notices is that I found a lot of people with Near while at the convention. Something around 100 folks that I was constantly running into. It was nice that because of this I got pretty much ever Mod Nation Racers game goodie and completed a lot of other games as well.
    >
    > This year I will be bringing:
    > Mortal Kombat
    > Mod Nation Racers
    > Fooseball
    > Gravity Rush
    > Battle Royal
    > And a few others.
    >
    > The problem is finding a good time to play with folks. Of course during queues but I find after the exhibition hall closes is a good time, yet everyone is leaving. Eitherway, look for me at The_Xomas in a few days.
    >
    > Nice Profile pic btw. Im a huge fan of KH and Final Fantasy.

Thanks. I love this picture and has been my avatar for many years. Well since I made it a few weeks before KH2 came out. I am probably going to bring my PSP as well since I have roughly a 100 games, just don't know which ones. Actually, really wish they would do the turn in like they have in Japan so I can get these games for my Vita.

edited February 2013
    Gaus wrote: »

I don't know about AC Liberation, but Ragnarok is half single player, half multiplayer. It is a very good meet up game.

I am very interested in Ragnorak. I'm not into fighting games, and not super enthusiastic about racing games, so it would be nice to find something else that has good multi-player. Ragnorak has intrigued me for a long time. How does the multi-player work?

I can only buy one or two more games before pax, so it will probably be Sonic Racing and maybe Ragnorak.

gonexall on
    Good news everyone!

it seems there is going to be a sale on a bunch of Vita games to celebrate Vita's Birthday. the sales starts tomorow.

here's the article about it. http://www.thetechfixation.com/2013/02/50-off-titles-for-ps-vita-birthday.html

7US7VWW.png
    DAMMIT EUROPE! Why do you get the good sales?

edited February 2013
    I am very interested in Ragnorak. I'm not into fighting games, and not super enthusiastic about racing games, so it would be nice to find something else that has good multi-player. Ragnorak has intrigued me for a long time. How does the multi-player work?

I can only buy one or two more games before pax, so it will probably be Sonic Racing and maybe Ragnorak.

I don't know if you've ever played Monster Hunter, but if you have, you'll have a pretty good idea of what the game is. As far as the multi-player, it's a tiny bit different, but basically the same. You have missions in the game, Levels 1 though 9, and some extra. ( I think through 9, but I'm only on 7, so I'm guessing )

When I said it was half single player, half multi, I guess I should have said, it's both at the same time.

If a mission can be done single player, it can be done multi-player. Any mission.. so theoretically, you can basically play the whole game multi-player if you wanted to. If you do a mission single, it's easier than if you do it multi-player. The story still progresses either way. The only limitation on multi-player is the level can only go up to the lowest level member in the group. So, if you have 4 people, and player A is lvl 8, B is lvl 6, C is lvl 5, and D is lvl 7, you can only play the missions up to level 5.

Also, some items are specially designed for multi-player. ( like being able to use a potion on yourself and the effects are shared )

Great game.

Gaus on
    Thought I'd just update to say I sent a PM to @Scoots a few days ago (as well as a tweet) about organizing the meet-up. Have yet to hear back but that's okay. Still plenty of time (i think)

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    Time is ticking! :D

too much time. I WANT PAX NOWWWW!

7US7VWW.png
    D: I HAVNT BEEN ABLE TO FIND MY PSVITA IN DAYS! ONLY MY CRAPPY FRICKEN PSP AND SOME CRAPPY OLD GAMES :c

I got a PSP Go as a gift for my wedding years ago, and i have no idea where it is now. thing is, i got married in 2010. i didnt notice the PSP was missing until this year. :P

7US7VWW.png
    edited February 2013
    Thought I'd just update to say I sent a PM to @Scoots a few days ago (as well as a tweet) about organizing the meet-up. Have yet to hear back but that's okay. Still plenty of time (i think)

Didn't see a tweet but just responded to your PM. Didn't see it come in yesterday due to birthday shenanigans >_>

Also, I'm counting on you lot. There have been PAXes past we've had to consider not including any PS games for tournaments due to EXTREMELY low turn out every other time. Even for more popular fighting games. *shrug* But we love having options for everyone and make the best of it.
    Here's hoping!

Also also:
    Don't want to steal any thunder, but right now it's looking like sonic racing (yes, even though we always have mario kart) or codblops because dude, blops, and we always have mario kart.

Scoots on
  • Rise_Up44Rise_Up44 MARegistered User regular
    Love my Vita, Anyone who wants send me a friend req. on here and also on PSN, My PSN - Rise_Up44

Rise_Up44 wrote: »
    Love my Vita, Anyone who wants send me a friend req. on here and also on PSN, My PSN - Rise_Up44

Yeah we should probably post our PSN names too shouldn't we?

Mine's Halfazedninja

Vita tourney announced! sonic all star racing! cant wait!

7US7VWW.png
    Vita tourney announced! sonic all star racing! cant wait!

Where was it announced?!?

on here. in the handheld tourney thread.

7US7VWW.png
    Awesome, thanks!

RocketBirds just came out on PSN, and it's actually a pretty good 2 player game. Maybe not good for a big meet-up, but adhoc-able nonetheless.

edited February 2013
    alright excited to see people getting psyched for this. Along with the tournament (still have to add that to the op) I'd still like to try and organize a meet-up for all vita players with other games like PS:Allstars etc. What day/time would you guys like to have that happen? I'll get back in touch with @Scoots after hearing from a good majority of you

edit: also for those you who'd like to add me on PSN my PSN name is MikeRosenberg ....hehe

edit 2: also at the meet-up if folks have the game, we can have a ps:all stars tourney :)

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • sidran32sidran32 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Any day probably would be good for me. I'll be there all three days of the convention. I haven't checked up on schedules of events yet, but I usually wing it anyway. I can make some time for an hour or two of handheld gaming. :)

fss_overall.png