As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spoiler tag issue

I had three skinny images to display side-by-side (combined, they're under 500kb total and none of them are ungodly tall), but I wanted to box them up in a spoiler tag anyway so they didn't have to be in anyone's face about it.
The problem is, no matter when I use it, it doesn't give the "Show/Hide" button, just a box that says "Spoiler" so I can't really use it for anything; I'm certain that I'm doing it right. Any ideas?

It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Can you link to the post where you have those images?

Does it happen when you do all spoilers, or just when putting those pictures under spoilers?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • itatemykidneysitatemykidneys Oh well Registered User regular
    That should be the post there.

I've tried it with both images and text just to be sure, but both go nowhere.

edited February 2013
    kime on
    Steam profile
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    When I go to edit your post, all I'm seeing is an empty quote tag.

That was, I assume, supposed to just be a way to link to the post. When you follow the link (the arrows), the actual post has content.

Because yes that was my first thought too.

Steam profile
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I'd be willing to bet that @itatemykidneys was testing this in 'Preview' and neglected to mention that for some reason. The linked post does not have any edits, so there would be no way for this bug to have been found without posting and re-editing, unless it was tested in preview.

Works in real posts, not in preview.

edited February 2013
    Yeah, that empty quote tag was just linking to the post itself instead of quoting it here.

I didn't mention the preview part because I assumed the function showed exactly how the post would appear, and that if the preview shown a blank spoiler box then the post would have been the same way; I didn't want to post a blank spoiler box because that would have looked stupid.
    So the spoiler tag is fine but the show/hide button doesn't appear in preview, then. I guess I was doing it right, and wrong, at the same time.
    EDIT: Yeah, there's definitely a button there after posting.
    It's a little embarrassing, but thanks, guys.

itatemykidneys on
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    edited February 2013
    One thing on our long list of things to address is the preview feature. Its really tough, believe it or not, but we want it to work and have some ideas in mind already.

IcyLiquid on
    No problem, I understand wanting things to run like clockwork; everything else seems to work just fine, I'll just have to experiment and learn as I go. Good luck in progressing the system, guys.