As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magic Online - V.4 Client Public Beta looms before us

1767778798082»

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    2012 or 2011: 1 random Unhinged land and 1 Shards of Alara block premium foil booster
    2010 or 2009 : 1 random Unhinged land, 1 Shards of Alara block premium foil booster, and 1 Premium Deck Series: Slivers
    2008, 2007, or 2006: 1 random Unhinged land, 1 Shards of Alara block premium foil booster, 1 Premium Deck Series: Slivers, and 1 Premium Deck Series: Fire & Lightning
    2005, 2004, 2003, or 2002:1 random Unhinged land, 1 random premium foil Unhinged land, 1 Shards of Alara block premium foil booster, 1 Premium Deck Series: Slivers, 1 Premium Deck Series: Fire & Lightning, and 1 Premium Deck Series: Graveborn

Thought my account would get the full set, but forgot I created a new account when I came back :( Still, Everything but Graveborn is not too shabby.

So I got all of this stuff. Why did I get these things, and can I read about it somewhere?

What should I do with these things?

To be a bit more specific than silence: none of those free goodies are worth anything anymore, as the amount distributed during the anniversary celebration greatly depreciated their value, so you either open them and make use of the contents or leave them to rot.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well sure, if you want to be non-vague about it. :P

Aside. Wizards had said that Player run Cubes is something they want to implement online. Is it just that me, or does that have the potential to be EXTREMELY AWESOME if done well?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm still furious that I wasn't awarded those 10th anniverseray prizes. Just a huge insult just because I didn't log in this year. Thanks for neglecting the previous 9 years of my $$.

/internetmad

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    They got rid of the multiplayer room! What the hell. Yes I know you can still play them in any room. It's still terrible.

• Options
    They got rid of the multiplayer room! What the hell. Yes I know you can still play them in any room. It's still terrible.

I have no idea why they did it, and yes, it's fucking awful. Basically the worst possible thing.

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Ugh, now I have to wade through the masses of single player games to find a Commander game. And the worst thing is, people are creating 2-player Commander games to fool me :(

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Damn, Geist of Saint Traft running 26. Really tempted to unlod my playset, but I kind of worry about Azorius being in RTR. Think I might ditch my 2 Sorins and 2 Huntmasters too. What do you guys think? Just coming back after a break and need to get some Caverns, and it seems like those are the things worth the most at risk for dropping off with Ravnica. (no block)

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Damn, Geist of Saint Traft running 26. Really tempted to unlod my playset, but I kind of worry about Azorius being in RTR. Think I might ditch my 2 Sorins and 2 Huntmasters too. What do you guys think? Just coming back after a break and need to get some Caverns, and it seems like those are the things worth the most at risk for dropping off with Ravnica. (no block)

Well, it's hard to say what will happen, but Geist's price is relatively stable I believe, as it's a Mythic that's seeing play in every format, now that Delver-style decks are being played in Legacy and Modern.

Sorin has seen almost no play outside of Block, but it does seem like there's a good chance it goes up, assuming it has any synergy with Orzhov in New Ravnica.

Huntmasters are probably the sketchiest. It's a good card (obviously), but the Wolf-Run decks are losing so much (P. Titan, all its ramp spells, Whipflare, Solemn Simulacrum) that I can see it dropping a good deal until people can figure out whether it fits in new brews.

• Options
    Cool, I actually didn't know Geist was seeing play in modern and legacy, so I'll hang on there

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Cool, I actually didn't know Geist was seeing play in modern and legacy, so I'll hang on there

I don't know if it's seeing tons of play, but U/W Delverless Delver was seeing tons of Modern play at the Magic World Cup last weekend, and I believe people are experimenting with similar builds in Legacy. As an aside, I'd hold onto any Restoration Angels as well.

• Options
    Heh, I actually haven't played much AVR yet, but I did try to draft last night and lag on launching the draft made me miss a restoration angel. Raaaage.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Ahh...haven't played MTGO in a while. Won an EDH game via Mortal Combat. Felt...really good :) Very trollish :)

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Well, the beta client is now available, running in parallel with the old client. Some improvements:
    • "Always Open" option for the red zone
    • "Big Card" view is back!
    • Sticky settings between games and sessions
    • Attack with all creatures or tap an entire pile of lands for mana with a single click
    • Improved performance in Collection tab

It also says improved limited filters in the play lobby, but I was just in there and it was a miserable morass. So there you go.

The land tapping thing is nifty. You can right click a spell to cast it and then right click a stack of lands and it will tap just enough to cast the spell.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Oh how I wish they could just make the client look like DotP/Magic 2013. It's just so clean and nice looking.

• Options
    Oh how I wish they could just make the client look like DotP/Magic 2013. It's just so clean and nice looking.

It is a bit of a mystery why that can't be achieved, but I'm also not remotely capable of understanding the work and technology that would be required to implement the Duals interface to meet the demands of Magic Online.

• Options
    Anyone still paying attention to this thread? If so, anyone going to be playing Gatecrash this weekend?

• Options
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Anyone still paying attention to this thread? If so, anyone going to be playing Gatecrash this weekend?

I'm mostly in the CF thread, and the SE++ thread, which are much more active. I think I'm going to try to get at least one Sealed event with the guildmarks this weekend.

• Options
    @cshadow42 - I abandoned this thread in favor of the Critical Failures thread, simply because no one seemed to be paying attention to this one.

And yes, I should hopefully get a chance to burn some money this weekend as a member of the Dimir.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I too am paying attention, although my actual magic playing has tapered off quite a bit recently. I'm out of town this weekend, but am guardedly hopeful I can get on for a release sealed at some point. Been trying to catch up on the new set with LSV's reviews on Channel Fireball.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2