As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 Attendees Map AND Where You're From Discussion

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Updated!

Added:
    kalku
    Lady Amalthea
    Decius
    LexiconGrrl and JobiWanKenobi
    Squill2k4
    Mr Uppercut
    NovaFoxPieotic HD
    thebeav814
    Kuzon
    LedaXI
    nbcaffeine
    gespo89
    Rawrxs
    Jezhust
    Vertigo
    MMMig
    Ana Ng
    Houst
    Victoryoftheppl
    metdenn
    Adamgoodperson
    nimrodblack
    N13
    Beastybunny

People were added to: CA, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, VA, VT, WA, Alberta, and Germany

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @Reverend Snide at 9,729.29 miles

• skipper307skipper307 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I am officially added to the list :D drivin up from north AL. See you all soon :^:

PAX South 2016: Time off ( ) 3 Day Pass (X) BYOC Pass ( ) Hotel (X) Costume ( )
    PAX East 2013: Time off (X) 3 Day Pass (X) BYOC Pass (X) Hotel (X) Costume ( )

Alright. Off we go into the wild blue yonder!
  • Tanner1495Tanner1495 Registered User new member
    Just submitted, only saw one other from Alabama, so should be fun!

• craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    Columbus, Ohio

sadly no one else on the map yet.

• harrisjrharrisjr Registered User regular
    Add me up. The link to the form seems to be down.

45.9635895, -66.6431151

harrisjr wrote: »
    Add me up. The link to the form seems to be down.

45.9635895, -66.6431151

The form is up as of right now (just checked). It's a google form so if they had a hiccup that might have been the problem. I won't be handling any requests not made through the form. If you still can't get there, I would suggest trying a different browser, accessing it from a different place, something like that :)

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    craigums wrote: »
    Columbus, Ohio

sadly no one else on the map yet.

I consider Columbus my second home of sorts, if that counts (OSU alum).

• Mr UppercutMr Uppercut Registered User regular
    My placement on the map is wrong. I'm located in Nothern part of Massachusetts not the south of it.

My placement on the map is wrong. I'm located in Nothern part of Massachusetts not the south of it.

Submit a modification request and I'll change it :) I only put in the exact lat/long coords that are submitted to the form, so if it's not where you wanted it, you must have submitted coords that don't match where you want the spot.

• iFishiFish Programmer CanadaRegistered User regular
    I put my coordinates on the map despite my paranoia telling me not to.

Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Québec.

heh, well you don't have to pick your EXACT location :) Mine is just the center of the town near where I live. Some folks just pick the center of the nearest big city

• mooethmooeth Registered User regular
    Submitted. I'm the crazy guy that always flies in from Los Angeles for PAX East, but has only been to Prime once. I must love Boston in the springtime.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Aw darn, there's someone from South Korea going?

So much for my chances at winning the Starcraft tourney.

:(

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • BinaryTBBinaryTB Registered User regular
    Local guy (currently in Allston) attending. Any other Boston University MBA (or any grad program) students attending?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    420xxxwhiteboyxxx... quite the username.

• CanadianHammerCanadianHammer Registered User regular
    BinaryTB wrote: »
    Local guy (currently in Allston) attending. Any other Boston University MBA (or any grad program) students attending?

Yep, I'm a BU grad student and am going to PAX East!

• sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    I'm coming up from park slope in Brooklyn, not sure if i'll be coming by bus or looking for a seat in a carpool.

• KapStronauteKapStronaute Registered User new member
    Hi ,

It will be my first PAX this year and I really want to make the most out of it.And I guess that we won't be alone from Quebec going to Pax since Boston is pretty close from here.So any members from Qc are going in march ?
    Just let me know , we could also do some kind of a Pre-Pax meet up.

Also if you have any suggestions on things to do in order to make the most out of it since I have almost no ideas what's happening before PAX or during it between members.

Hi ,

It will be my first PAX this year and I really want to make the most out of it.And I guess that we won't be alone from Quebec going to Pax since Boston is pretty close from here.So any members from Qc are going in march ?

Also if you have any suggestions on things to do in order to make the most out of it since I have almost no ideas what's happening before PAX or during it between members.

@KapStronaute I merged your thread into the PAX East location discussion thread. There are a ton of pre-pax events on this forum, it looks like you just somehow missed the PAX East section.

Updated!

Added:
    TheCarpe
    Skipper307
    Lavadm
    Satyr16
    koean
    koleypunch
    Knoland
    GVOLTT
    Tanner1495
    Craigums
    CanadianHammer
    SpicyMeats
    Zeushero
    iFish
    Tilion
    mooeth
    Jsho
    zertech
    BinaryTB
    DarkIrish
    Kythos
    Profaniti
    sassfactor4
    Kdmitchell
    miker525
    Cargot35
    Agent00
    Muckraker18
    TwistedEdge

Processed Modifications From:
    Raughn
    Mr Uppercut
    iFish

People were added to: AL, AZ, CA, CT, DE, MA, MO, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, VT, British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec, and The UK

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

• SpicosaurusSpicosaurus SpaceRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm coming up from park slope in Brooklyn, not sure if i'll be coming by bus or looking for a seat in a carpool.
    Where are you staying in Boston? Im in NYC, trying to find an excuse to drive over taking the bus.

• ruggratruggrat Registered User regular
    I guess I'm the first to sign up from my city. I wonder if any other Paxxers live in dear ol' Lowell.

• GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Submitted. Technically the location I put won't be until mid-February as I'll be moving then, but I already checked out the place and it...is...beautiful.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • thebookguythebookguy Registered User new member
    First time to PAX will be training it in from Pittsburgh

• koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So far only 3 spots in the Portland, OR area.. and I already know one of them.

location! location! bees!
  • randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    Submitted. I'll be taking the train from Harrisburg, PA, on Thursday. All by myself, it appears.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • griff6659griff6659 Syracuse , NYRegistered User regular
    Two other bookmarks from the Syracuse, NY area?!? I Wonder if I know them?!

Well, that is a thing!

PAX East 2014:
    Hotel [x] Transportaion [Driving] Passes [x] Challenge Coin [Soon]

• RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Seattle, WA here... and 5 year PAX Prime vet :)

• Rise_Up44Rise_Up44 MARegistered User regular
    Just Submitted mine. I live in Western MA. in Chicopee which is next to Springfield MA.

I'll be updating this tomorrow.

Updated!

One submission had N/A as the name, and I don't think that's an actual forum handle. I did not process this submission. If this was in error, let me know. Considering this is for the forums, it doesn't make much sense to process submissions without a handle.

Added:
    Thorili
    KapStronaute
    peetsnack
    Aylaviere
    Fetch26291
    ruggrat
    GrimRupert
    Windylink
    pilotman996
    delicious3.14
    wrccitroen
    randy_wrecked
    Coan
    Xanie
    frizzlefry2
    MelSny
    Rise_Up44
    scottyb1218
    Fetch26291
    X3R0 9
    cabbie98
    Terensire

Processed Modifications From:
    Kilonum
    treeza

People were added to: MA, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Quebec

• Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Looking at the map... looks like we need to measure to see if BFitz310 or BostonPoke is the closest by road. They look to be the same straight line distance, but as every New Englander knows: there is NO SUCH THING in Boston. ;)

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    ruggrat wrote: »
    I guess I'm the first to sign up from my city. I wonder if any other Paxxers live in dear ol' Lowell.

A travel companion of mine is from Lowell, and we all hop the train in Lowell!

UyhWici.png
  • FearlessTeacherFearlessTeacher Registered User regular
    Seem to be having issues with the map. I'll get it sorted. But, in the mean time, Tempe Arizona.

• Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    And think about this: this map is, at most, 1/4 of attendees.

edited February 2013
    Way way less than that. There are currently 254 entries on the map. There are usually an average of 25000-27000 people present on each individual day of PAX (probably closer to 28000 on saturday, less on the others). This probably *is* a good cross section of that set, but it's a very small group. I would dare say > 60% of the 25k-27k don't even know that Penny Arcade is a webcomic.

zerzhul on
    Also, it appears that http://www.getlatlon.com is down again :P

There are many other options for getting one's GPS coords. Google Maps has a labs feature that enables gps coords on markers and a tooltip, so that might help if anyone is having trouble getting their coords.

another option is http://www.latlong.net/

• Rabid DogRabid Dog Registered User regular
    Added mine!

• Ben2998Ben2998 Master Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Hi ,

First PAX for me too! A meet up would be awesome! I'm in Rosemere and I'm going with a friend from Laval, so if you want to do a meet up, PM me.

Conquered PAX East 2013!
    Planning PAX East 2014 invasion:
    [ ... ] Hotel | [ ... ] Travel | ✓ Pass
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Anyone taking bus from nyc that wants to coordinate pm me!