As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

People who annoy you

joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class TraitorSmoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
Totally hypothetical situation here

Let's say you've spent all day installing a new sound system with a touch screen for a friendlier mixer user interface at a facility

Going into the walls and running the snake through them so that there are no unsightly cords for people to trip on or look at and go, ugh, what a rat's nest

Carefully programming inputs specialized for each performer and creating a rough mix before anyone even shows up

Totally rearranging the sound booth so that the guy working visual media and whoever has to engineer sound don't bother each other

Setting up an easy way to record every track individually instead of one flat track which can't be remixed after a performance

And then everybody shows up to rehearse, and has been told well in advance a sound check will be necessary since there is new equipment and new arrangements and new everything, and thanks for your patience and assistance in fucking standing in front of a microphone and squawking into it when I ask you nicely to do so

And one impatient lady keeps blabbing on about "Oh Josh is just playing with his new toy. How do you like your video game over there Josh? I'm so glad we could all be here to watch you press buttons! Can I go now?"

And everybody else is trying to be helpful and play so I can get a good mix when I ask but this one lady walks out early because it's such an inconvenience for her to say things into a microphone for 15 minutes until it sounds okay for the next time a performance happens

And let's also pretend that you've been working for the past 14-16 hours on this sound system, and before that you spent two days out of town with money you don't have to go to a fucking physics workshop where you could spend all day creating models on your laptop in your hotel room instead of spending time with your family, and right before you came back to the facility to mix everyone you literally dug a hole 6 feet in the ground to obtain soil samples for your research that's required for you to get any kind of a raise

You know, hypothetically, would you be annoyed at this woman?

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Ohhhh....naggers

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    annoyed w/ u

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    There's a thread for complaining about your job already. Might want to copy-paste this into there.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i am the annoying one

broken image link
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    I'm annoyed at people that are annoyed.

Wait, that means I'm annoyed with myself too.

Well, that's annoying.

(The answer is yes, I would be peeved with that woman)

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    If she and Guy Fieri were in a burning building I would save Guy Fieri first.

• Options
    Seriously though, be honest, you were having fun playing with your videogame weren't you?

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    my house mate annoys me cos he just plays computer games all day and drinks all night

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I'd probably tell her that I was busting my butt to set things up properly and not just playing around, and that she was very rude and inconsiderate, rather than bother making a thread about it.

Or maybe not, because there is a point where one becomes too exhausted to bother, which sounds like the current situation.

So I guess I agree?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    my house mate annoys me cos he just plays computer games all day and drinks all night

It's...you???

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Any performer who doesn't understand the importance of sound checks is a moron.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have little patience for people that are chronic complainers but rarely, if ever, have any suggestions for solutions. I used to work for a health insurance company and one of the nurses in our department would complain multiple times a day, often repeating the same complaints about how things were done, and never fucking had any suggestions about how to improve the work flow. Just, "guh! it shouldn't be this hard! Someone should find an easier way, just not me."

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I am the one who everyone is annoyed by

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    I have little patience for people that are chronic complainers but rarely, if ever, have any suggestions for solutions. I used to work for a health insurance company and one of the nurses in our department would complain multiple times a day, often repeating the same complaints about how things were done, and never fucking had any suggestions about how to improve the work flow. Just, "guh! it shouldn't be this hard! Someone should find an easier way, just not me."

Hear hear! If you're going to complain, have some damn ideas for what would be better.

• Options
    Pharezon wrote: »
    FAQ wrote: »

It's...you???

ahem

I don't play videogames

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    real talk people who are bummers and never want to do things can annoy me

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options

It's a logical fallacy to believe that people must have a solution to a problem they observe.

It's still fucking annoying when they keep going on and on about it. If you can't fix it or don't know how to, at least record the issue and let people know about it so they can attempt a solution.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    people who kill bugs for no reason

like that one time someone punted away a cool bug before I could get a good look at it

actually it lived but I only managed to see it crawl into the grass from a distance

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I kill like, 100 bugs every mornin

FAQ on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    well that makes sense

I mean all those spiders have to eat something

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    IF YOU HAVE TIME TO BE LEANING YOU HAVE TO BE CLEANING

Brolo on
  • Options
    I am bug Hitler.

Bugs sing spirituals about how I oppress them and destroy their culture.

• Options
    Hunter wrote: »

It's a logical fallacy to believe that people must have a solution to a problem they observe.

It's still fucking annoying when they keep going on and on about it. If you can't fix it or don't know how to, at least record the issue and let people know about it so they can attempt a solution.

Absolutely. I'm fine with someone observing that a process seems unnecessarily cumbersome or inefficient, but if you just keep bitching about it day after day after day when it's been explained why it works that way and you don't have anything more constructive to offer, then shut the hell up.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Hunter wrote: »

I think it's more the point that they aren't being constructive about it. Just because you don't have the answer doesn't mean you can't help find one. Even if it's just sending out an email to management, explaining why the current process is causing issues so could we start looking at possible solutions, is better than just complaining. It's also showing initiative though which is pretty much the exact opposite of complaining.

Sticks on
  • Options
    I am the bug lorax

up to and including the part where all of my trees and swami swans are gone and I leave forever to parts unknown and then some kid gets the last truffula seed

larva

whatever

• Options
    And yeah, that's also a good point sticks. There's giving intelligent feedback about the process and then there's just, "it just sucks and is dumb. fix it!"

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Then it's up to you to tell them to shut the fuck up.

However, their observation can still be correct without them having a solution to the problem.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

No, this leaning really needs to be taken care of before I can get to the cleaning. Maybe tomorrow.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm an American so what I can't fuck or commodify, I destroy.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

GHHHHHHH

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    If you repeatedly say random parts of the sentences of whatever I am talking to you about at the same time as I say it, or try to say them slightly before I say them, then you can pretty much guarantee that I am visualising leaping on you and biting your face.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I am the bug lorax

I speak for the bees

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I'm constantly annoyed that faq is so much better at posting than me. How does he do it

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Datar annoys me so much. Just constantly the worst.

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    it's true I really am awful

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Guy Fieri actually does not annoy me much, and to be honest a lot of the food he makes on his show looks decent. And Diners Drive ins and Dives is actually a great show where I get a lot of ideas for various things.

• Options
    I'm constantly annoyed that faq is so much better at posting than me. How does he do it

you sure you aint reading someone elses posts

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    The only place I know Guy Fieri from is from when he was in an Aflac commercial. I had never watched a show of his otherwise.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i get super annoyed really easily so i never leave my room

• Options
    Guy Fieri actually does not annoy me much, and to be honest a lot of the food he makes on his show looks decent. And Diners Drive ins and Dives is actually a great show where I get a lot of ideas for various things.
    He actually tells his people to "warn" him if someone is gay. Dude is fucking awful.

This discussion has been closed.