As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PeaceMaker: To create a lasting Israeli/Palestinian peace - Sim

MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
http://www.peacemakergame.com/

PeaceMaker is a game inspired entirely by the real events of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. It is game that hits close to home in the modern world of extremist driven war and terrorism where no side is without shame.

The goal is to create a lasting peace in the land through cooperation with the Palestinian. Often, it requires working multiple angles to gain the support from powerful opposing factions to accomplish a goal. While opening further trade with Palestine with help in bringing the nations together, you can't do that unless the people themselves feel safe and Palestinians won't be search ten times in the crossing of the border.
Of course, doing that might allow a Hamas agent to bring death, destruction, and fear across the border.

The game flows on a turn-based weekly basis. Any action you take, whether dialogue, radio speeches, military action, or policy changes take a week to occur. The effects of which are varied and complex.

Graphics are gorgeous. Music is good. The videos used to illustrate the story are touching, sometimes painful or hopeful, but always emotional.
Indeed, when I finally beat the game on easy, I fought back tears. If only the daily tragedies could be solved like this.

Screenshots....
PeaceMaker-Screenshot_1.jpg

PeaceMaker-Screenshot_2.jpg

PeaceMaker-Screenshot_3.jpg

PeaceMaker-Screenshot_4.jpg

steam_sig.png
Machismo on

• jb7jb7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Looks interesting, I am going to try out the demo.

Umm, if I so choose may I just blow the Palestinians to pieces?

jb7 on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    jb7 wrote: »

And thus, the problem with modern politics is found.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • jb7jb7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Hey just curious if it's an option. Just wondering if the game forces you to play nice.

jb7 on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Now THIS sounds like the hardest game ever.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So is this the sequel to the Atari 7800 version of Impossible Mission?

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lork wrote: »
    So is this the sequel to the Atari 7800 version of Impossible Mission?

I imagine it's a lot like the Last Starfighter where if you somehow manage to succeed, black hawk helicopters will swoop by your house and take you to the UN.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I really, really like this game; too bad the demo hardly lets you do anything. I might grab the full one.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ok. So I bought the full version. I only managed to succeed when I played like a REAL political leader. I told my people my plans and then did it. I asked for their opinion, then did it. It was supremely hard. Especially when half the actions are refused by the opposition (or with the PLO, you don't have the money for it).

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Robo BeatRobo Beat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I suppose if the Lions can win the Super Bowl in Madden, then you could probably build peace in the Middle East in a videogame. Maybe.

Robo Beat on
    This is not the greatest sig in the world.
    This is just a tribute.
    edited August 2007
    Ok. I completed both sides now. It is truly a fantasic and rewarding experience. Try. the. demo.
    Never before has a game instilled in me a sense of HOPE. Perhaps, my children will visit the lands of Israel and Palestine, seeing the current events as history rather than a headline in the back of the World news section.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • cfgausscfgauss Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Modern? Have you heard of anything that's happened in the history of humans?

cfgauss on
    The hero and protagonist, whose story the book follows, is the aptly-named Hiro Protagonist: "Last of the freelance hackers and Greatest sword fighter in the world." When Hiro loses his job as a pizza delivery driver for the Mafia, he meets a streetwise young girl nicknamed Y.T. (short for Yours Truly), who works as a skateboard "Kourier", and they decide to become partners in the intelligence business.
  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Machismo wrote: »
    Ok. I completed both sides now. It is truly a fantasic and rewarding experience. Try. the. demo.
    Never before has a game instilled in me a sense of HOPE. Perhaps, my children will visit the lands of Israel and Palestine, seeing the current events as history rather than a headline in the back of the World news section.

I tried the demo, but it doesn't let you do anything, which is really frustrating. I wanna play this, dammit.

Edit: Aw, fuck, I'm dumb. There's a tutorial demo and a proper demo, and I had the former.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • TalousTalous Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    After you succeed in making peace is it broken shortly thereafter, and does Jesus then come down to fight along side the twelve tribes of Israel for all that is good and holy against the minions of darkness?

Talous on
    Glampgrotz - Black Orc - Ulthuan TSM
    SS13 Rules Post
    edited August 2007
    Talous wrote: »
    After you succeed in making peace is it broken shortly thereafter, and does Jesus then come down to fight along side the twelve tribes of Israel for all that is good and holy against the minions of darkness?

Actually, FruitFucker:Resurrected comes down, encircled in ripe, juicy fruit. All will be changed when juiced by him.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png