As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Train Alliance 2013: Sonic Line (DC, PA, NY, Boston)

Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
This is for the SONIC LINE!

I apologize, but I don't have the bandwidth to post for all the train routes. However, feel free to steal the code (as I have done) and create one for your line.

The Sonic Line is the Orange doodle on the map below and services PAXers on the following route and those jumping on from the Metroid and Star Fox lines:
Note: Please let me know if you have a different time or station as I couldn't find an exact route on the AMTRAK site. Thanks!

The Sonic Line
"The Fastest Train Alive!" (although not really)
Train: 176 Northeast Regional
Originating Station: Washington, DC - Union Station (WAS)
Departure Date/Time: March 21, 12:02 EDT
Travel Time: 7h58m
Scheduled Stops
New Caroliton, MD - March 21, 12:14 EDT
BWI Thurgood Marsh Air, MD - March 21, 12:30 EDT
Baltimore, MD - March 21, 12:45 EDT
Wilmington, DE - March 21, 13:32 EDT
Philadelphia, PA - March 21, 13:52 EDT (Departure at 13:55 EDT)
Trenton, NJ - March 21, 14:24 EDT
Metropark, NJ - March 21, 14:47 EDT
Newark, NJ - March 21, 15:01 EDT
New York, NY - March 21, 15:19 EDT (Departure at 15:30 EDT)
New Rochelle, NY - March 21, 15:57 EDT
Stamford, CT - March 21, 16:18 EDT
Bridgeport, CT - March 21, 16:42 EDT
New Haven, CT - March 21, 17:06 EDT (Departure at 17:08 EDT)
Old Saybrook, CT - March 21, 17:38 EDT
New London, CT - March 21, 17:57 EDT
Westerly, RI - March 21, 18:21 EDT
Kingston, RI - March 21, 18:39 EDT
Providence, RI - March 21, 19:02 EDT
Destination Station: Boston, MA - South Station (BOS)
Arrival Date/Time: March 21, 19:55 EDT

35kisjo.jpg

What it is
For those of you just joining us, the PAX East Train Alliance (PAX ETA), or "PAXTrain" for short, is a coordinated effort for PAX-goers to ride the same train at the same time going to Boston for PAX East- both as an alternative to driving or flying, and to enjoy an intimate "mini-convention" while en-route. Obviously, it is impossible for EVERYBODY to be on the same train, so this is a coordinated effort to get as many people together as possible.

Note: When booking at amtrak.com, you may have to book each of your trains separately to get on the train that you want. Please take note of this when booking to ensure you end up on the same train as everybody else.

Why the train?
Why not? It's a blast. Spend some time getting to know fellow PAX attendees before the show. We don't care if you're new - this ain't no private party, and all people going to PAX are welcome. We invite you to join us! After taking the train, you'll have a bunch of friendly faces in the crowd at PAX.

How to get on the PAXTrain
Check the map and schedule below to find out what train is closes to you and when you should be on it. Then, buy your tickets through amtrak.com for the appropriate train on the appropriate time/day. To find us when you get on the train, feel free to use the TWITTER hashtag #sonicline. We will be monitoring it. Also, look for the man with the flag - that is where we will be. :)

Stuff You Need
You'll need to be prepared to survive on PAXTrain. Following is a list of stuff you probably should bring if you want to have a liveable experience on the rails.
You are allowed to carry on two bags, and check three (if you board at a station that allows checked baggage). We suggest checking a suitcase for your PAX supplies and packing a separate carry on bag / backpack. This pack should contain personal effects and clothing, as well as everything else you think you'll need on the train.

Ear plugs and an eye mask. It is considered PAXTrain courtesy to be quiet in all coach areas, where people may be sleeping - but still, be prepared.

A toothbrush and toothpaste, mouthwash, a comb, and if you need them, shaving razors and cream. No showers are provided for coach passengers, so if you're on the train for two days bring wipes or a sponge or something to wash the stank off in the bathroom sink the second day. Ignoring basic hygene highlights a disregard for your fellow gamers, who are great people who don't need to know what you smell like after two days without cleaning yourself in a cramped environment.

Snacks. There is a snack cart and a dining car, but it's not cheap. You can save some money if you bring some food and water with you.

Your meds. Nobody needs to see you off them.

We also recommend the following items:
A power strip. We plan on bringing power squids and some power strips, but there are never enough outlets.

A handheld system - a Nintendo DS is the preferred item for wireless gaming. A PSP is welcome but has more of a personal role rather than multiplaying with the cool kids.

Card games. Bring your Magic deck, your Fluxx deck, your Curses deck, your WoWTCG deck, your Pokemon deck, or shit, even a Sailor Moon TCG deck, I don't care. Bring it. If you have a silly game that's easy to learn bring it, We didn't Playtest This was a big train hit.

A book for pleasure reading. We advise everyone to take a break from train festivities to "regroup", and read a book or listen to music.

Headphones, preferably a pair of earbuds rather than studio headphones, but to each his own.
Cash. Dining with fellow PAXtrain goers is a good way to relax and get to know some people. Expect about one breakfast (from the snack cart), two lunches and two dinners with each trip (either from the snack cart or the dining car), each meal running about 10 dollars. Apart from that, bring spare cash for snacks or bring your own in your travel backpack.

The RULES
Don't be a dick
Just don't. Play nice, children. And if you don't like someone, don't start shit.

Don't be an ass to the Amtrak staff
Train staffers are generally pretty cool and will let us do what we want with little explanation. Be nice to them, and if they tell you to do something, do it.

Don't be a loud prick
Other people may be sleeping in other cars. Or whatever. Noise discipline: Be quiet in the coach areas and sleeper cars, be polite in the dining cars and don't try to overrun areas during the day if other people are using it.

Don't be a freak to kids
When kids are around, mind your tongue. Pretend Mommy's right behind you. Don't give anyone a reason to complain about PAXTrain.

Don't get too hammered.
Public intoxication laws apply, even on a train.

To be added to the list copy/paste the text below and add in your info:
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Twitter:[/B]
[B]Location:[/B]
[B]Boarding Stop:[/B]
[B]Ticket Purchased:[/B]
[B]Games You're Bringing:[/B]

PAX Train Passengers

1.Name: Tara +5
Twitter: TaraNewman
Boarding Stop: Washington, DC
Ticket Purchased: Yes!
Games You're Bringing: The usual: Fluxx, MtG, My DS, Drunk Quest (For "responsible" use only, see rules), and a board game based on what others bring or want. [/div]

2.Name: Chris
Twitter: ccesarano
Boarding Stop: Philadelphia, PA
Ticket Purchased: Yes
Games You're Bringing: On 3DS: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Star Fox 64 3D [/div]

3.Name: Martha
Twitter: marthapie
Boarding Stop: Philly
Ticket Purchased: Yes, there will be three of us
Games You're Bringing: Haven't quite decided yet, I'll have my DS for sure though.

4.Name: Randy
Twitter: randy_wrecked
Games You're Bringing: Cards Against Humanity, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, New Super Mario Bros 2, Dragon Quest IX, Little Big Planet Vita, Need for Speed, Resistance, etc. [/div]

5.Name:Adam
Twitter:Adamgoodperson
Boarding Stop:Philadelphia, PA
Ticket Purchased:You Betcha!
Games I'm Bringing: C'Thulu Dice, Munchkin (Complete with the official board and figures) with a Penny Arcade booster pack, and a couple MTG decks from ye olde days

6.Name: Jared
Twitter: N/A
Ticket Purchased: Yup, for myself and my fiance
Games You're Bringing: Not 100% decided yet, but on the board game side, probably Munchkin (I have the first 7 expansions other than Demented Dungeons + all of Fu + a bunch of the little pack expansions), Zombie Fluxx, Zombie Dice, C'Thulu Dice, and, I don't know if there will be space or demand for it, but I'd love to bring something a bit longer/more in-depth, since we have a long ride anyway (but of course have a small box and something which can survive bumps and turns without messing up the game...so maybe something like Innovation). I should also have an iPad with me and assuming there's no issues, I should have Ascension (+ all expansions), Ticket to Ride, Blokus, Carcassonne, Ingenious, Stone Age, and Summoner Wars (+ all expansions), and maybe Settlers of Catan on it. [/div]

7. Name: Joshua
Twitter: n/a
Boarding Stop: NY Penn Station
Games You're Bringing: If anyone wants to draft mtg I'll have gatecrash packs with me. I'm between gaming libraries at the moment otherwise. [/div]

8.Name: Matt (and Zach)
Twitter: spook_country
Boarding Stop: BWI
Ticket Purchased: Dos Equis
Games You're Bringing: Cards Against Humanity, a couple flavors of Munchkin, Mad Scientist University, Gloom, MtG decks, probably a few others

9. Name: AndyC
Twitter: ioicctsniw
Ticket Purchased: Yup!
Games You're Bringing: Zombie Dice, C'Thulu Dice, Mario Kart 7, Mortal Kombat Vita, Pokemon Black, Zombie Fluxx, Pirate Fluxx, Poo (great, silly card game), not sure what else.

10.Name: NullZone
Twitter:
Boarding Stop: Baltimore
Ticket Purchased: Yes!
Games You're Bringing: He didn't fill out the code (tsk,tsk) so no clue!

11. Name: Matt & Sandy
Twitter: @WismerTrashCry
Boarding Stop: Penn Station
Ticket Purchased: 2

12. Name: Matthew
Twitter: wolfbro87
Boarding Stop: Penn Station
Ticket Purchased: Yepp!
Games You're Bringing: Pokemon Black 2 and Heartgold, Cards Against Humanity, Zombie Dice

13.Name: Chris But Kit or Goggles is Preferred
Twitter: @Kit_Goggles
Ticket Purchased: Getting there
Games You're Bringing: Pokemon (DS) and Laptop with LoL, Minecraft and a few Steam games on it.

Who is going to PAX South?
Lady Amalthea on

• Options
    Name: Tara
    Twitter: @TaraNewman
    Boarding Stop: Washington, DC
    Ticket Purchased: Yes, for me and three others
    Games You're Bringing: The usual: Fluxx, MtG, My DS, Drunk Quest (For "responsible" use only, see rules), and a board game based on what others bring or want.

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Name: Chris
    Twitter: ccesarano
    Games You're Bringing: On 3DS: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Resident Evil: Revelations, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Star Fox 64 3D

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    mmpiemmpie Registered User regular
    Name: Martha
    Twitter: @marthapie
    Ticket Purchased: Yes, there will be three of us
    Games You're Bringing: Haven't quite decided yet, I'll have my DS for sure though.

Really excited!

PAX East 2014. Let's go.

I mostly tweet about food
  • Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    Name: Randy
    Twitter: @randy_wrecked
    Games You're Bringing: Cards Against Humanity, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, New Super Mario Bros 2, Dragon Quest IX, Little Big Planet Vita, Need for Speed, Resistance, etc.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Name:Adam
    Twitter:@Adamgoodperson
    Boarding Stop:Philadelphia, PA
    Ticket Purchased:You Betcha!
    Games I'm Bringing: C'Thulu Dice, Munchkin (Complete with the official board and figures) with a Penny Arcade booster pack, and a couple MTG decks from ye olde days

*Edit*

In the event anyone is curious, below is the link to the Northeast Regional food cart menu. Granted, it is based on 2012 prices, but I can't imagine they're much different. Its about what you would expect from airline prices (typical captive rates: movies, planes, trains, themeparks, space shuttle launches, Rapture, etc).

http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/324/407/Northeast-Regional-Cafe-Menu-2012,0.pdf

As you're allowed to carry-on (given that you're 21+), but not consume your private stock of adult beverages, I'll probably go in for a bottle of wine. I'll also have extra cash to see if any non-paxengers (Just coined that [that I know of], lets see if it catches on for the train alliance) would give up their table for a bottle of white/red. :-)

APacMan on
    We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    mmpiemmpie Registered User regular
    So far looks like there will be a strong showing in Philly!

PAX East 2014. Let's go.

I mostly tweet about food
  • Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    Name: Jared
    Twitter: N/A
    Ticket Purchased: Yup, for myself and my fiance
    Games You're Bringing: Not 100% decided yet, but on the board game side, probably Munchkin (I have the first 7 expansions other than Demented Dungeons + all of Fu + a bunch of the little pack expansions), Zombie Fluxx, Zombie Dice, C'Thulu Dice, and, I don't know if there will be space or demand for it, but I'd love to bring something a bit longer/more in-depth, since we have a long ride anyway (but of course have a small box and something which can survive bumps and turns without messing up the game...so maybe something like Innovation). I should also have an iPad with me and assuming there's no issues, I should have Ascension (+ all expansions), Ticket to Ride, Blokus, Carcassonne, Ingenious, Stone Age, and Summoner Wars (+ all expansions), and maybe Settlers of Catan on it.

• Options
    The two largest tricks of it are getting a table, and playing stuff that won't slide around too much during stops (Lol - Jenga). I wish there were a way to book a table on the train.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

• Options
    How big are the tables? That's a lot of the limitations right there.

• Options
    vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    Dang it, I'm leaving 3 hours before the Sonic Line hits New York, NY. I gotta make the Pokecrawl! Anyone else barely missing this?

• Options
    I was under the impression people would typically navigate towards the back of the train. Of course, I've never done the Sonic Line before so I'm not sure what the back of the train will look like. Which would be best? It seems like trying for the dining car would mean limited seating and a lot of people disorganized and separated.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
  • Options
    It seems like the best bet would be that if you're playing a game that requires table space (board, card games), aim for the dining car, and if you're playing handheld games (or even pass and play games on a tablet or something like that), try to aim for the car in the back right before the dining one and that way can still be near each other while playing. That way, the (probably limited) table space isn't wasted and everyone is in the same area, so if you want to go back and forth between cars (presumably only at stops, I don't think you're allowed to go between cars while the train is moving), it'll be easier to do. Thoughts?

• Options
    If I recall correctly, the majority will find our way to the back of the train, then anyone looking for full-on board game action will try to annex a table in the dining cart. I don't think moving between cars whilst the train was in motion was disallowed the last time I took this route.

• Options
    Just to save on confusion, we do try to take over the back of the train - usually by boston we have annexed most of the last two cars and the dining tables. It generally works out well.

• Options
    Just to save on confusion, we do try to take over the back of the train - usually by boston we have annexed most of the last two cars and the dining tables. It generally works out well.

Faaantastic ^_^

• Options
    Are the dining cars typically in the back? I've usually ridden more towards the front.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
  • Options
    GrimRupert wrote: »
    Are the dining cars typically in the back? I've usually ridden more towards the front.
    Typically there is a dining car in the middle of the train. There are table (typically) on either side of it.

• Options
    Hrm, seems like it would be more of a crap shoot to hope the dining car has space and then make an effort to get to the back if it doesn't. Would you advise just aiming for the back of the train since that is where folks have mentioned they try to meet up?

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
  • Options
    sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Name: Joshua
    Twitter: n/a
    Boarding Stop: NY Penn Station
    Games You're Bringing: If anyone wants to draft mtg I'll have gatecrash packs with me. I'm between gaming libraries at the moment otherwise.

Got a spot in a car leaving earlier. Sorry to miss the gaming commute!

sassfactor4 on
  • Options
    Hrm, seems like it would be more of a crap shoot to hope the dining car has space and then make an effort to get to the back if it doesn't. Would you advise just aiming for the back of the train since that is where folks have mentioned they try to meet up?

That's going to make playing anything with cards or boards a tad tricky. Maybe it would be better to say, "aim for the dining car, everyone not there will be in the car(s) right around it?" That way, if the dining car is in the back, the plan stays the same. If it's in the middle, then everyone is shifted a bit, but hey, at least everyone still knows where to aim.

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Name: Matt (and Zach)
    Twitter: spook_country
    Boarding Stop: BWI
    Ticket Purchased: Dos Equis
    Games You're Bringing: Cards Against Humanity, a couple flavors of Munchkin, Mad Scientist University, Gloom, MtG decks, probably a few others

As I stated in the main Train thread, I usually get on and start hovering around the dining car - it's inevitably full when we board at BWI, but I can usually get a table from someone getting off at Philly or NYC, and that gives us a solid 3-4 hours of gaming RIGHT NEXT TO THE LADY SELLING BEER. If you have a game boy or whatever, by all means sit in the back. I'm more of an old-school gamer and like me some table-top action.

And beer.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Schmulki wrote: »

That's going to make playing anything with cards or boards a tad tricky. Maybe it would be better to say, "aim for the dining car, everyone not there will be in the car(s) right around it?" That way, if the dining car is in the back, the plan stays the same. If it's in the middle, then everyone is shifted a bit, but hey, at least everyone still knows where to aim.

The dining car only has like 6 tables (I can't remember, but there might be a second car forward of the galley). At most you can seat around 30-40 people in there before the conductor starts making you move to an actual seat. Going to the back is generally the easiest to commandeer.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    There just isn't enough room in the dining car for all of us! Trust me... Taking over the back has been very successful and usually we get the dining car pretty quickly. I wouldn't worry about strategizing much more than that. If you know you want to play games (of the board or card variety) for the entire trip you might want to head on to the dining cart first thing... but that is up to you. I was able to jump in and out of games very easily and the seats in the back are much more comfortable.

• Options
    There just isn't enough room in the dining car for all of us! Trust me... Taking over the back has been very successful and usually we get the dining car pretty quickly. I wouldn't worry about strategizing much more than that. If you know you want to play games (of the board or card variety) for the entire trip you might want to head on to the dining cart first thing... but that is up to you. I was able to jump in and out of games very easily and the seats in the back are much more comfortable.

To build off what the Lady said, if you sit in the dining car, you're supposed to bring all your luggage with you (and not "reserve" a seat in another car). Depending on if you have a PC or something for BYOC, or a lot of luggage, this can be a pain. In 3 years I haven't heard of anyone having something stolen on the train, but I wouldn't leave my stuff several cars away, unwatched.

• Options
    ioicctsniwioicctsniw Registered User regular
    Name: AndyC
    Twitter: ioicctsniw
    Ticket Purchased: Yup!
    Games You're Bringing: Zombie Dice, C'Thulu Dice, Mario Kart 7, Mortal Kombat Vita, Pokemon Black, Zombie Fluxx, Pirate Fluxx, Poo (great, silly card game), not sure what else.

First time on the PAX train and totally psyched!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    OP updated with Passenger names and info. Let me know if I either A. missed you or B. copied your info wrong.

Current count by state:

DC: 6
    MD: 2
    PA: 9
    NY: 1

Lady Amalthea on
  • Options
    Yea, guys, read what I wrote again. I didn't say, "lets all pile on the dining car!" I said, "aim for the dining car and the car(s) right around it." The point is, that way, if the dining car is in the middle like some are saying it might be, we don't have a scenario where a chunk of people are in the dining car, then there's 3-4 cars, THEN everyone else. If we're all at least around the same car(s), it's easier to go between the different "areas" without going half a train away and bothering everyone in the middle.

Again, not all IN the dining car, just in the cars SURROUNDING the dining car.

• Options
    It's not a bad idea, but I think the cars around it are A. the silent car or B. The Business Cars...

Which is the mistake I made the first PAX I went to... I had to sit in the quiet car till NY and we got seats in the 2nd to last car. It was very frustrating.

• Options
    It's not a bad idea, but I think the cars around it are A. the silent car or B. The Business Cars...

Which is the mistake I made the first PAX I went to... I had to sit in the quiet car till NY and we got seats in the 2nd to last car. It was very frustrating.

Ah, well, that's another piece of info to take into account. So, if that's the case, then what happens if:

a) The dining car is in the back
    AND
    b) It has the silent/business cars around it

Seems like there's no definite good answer. OK, how about this.....

1) Aim for the back, as planned.
    2) When people start getting on, tweet where you are (with, say, #PAXSonicLine or something else similarly agreed upon) and maybe what the situation is with dining, silent, and business cars

That way, everyone coming on later knows where to aim from there.

Thoughts?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Schmulki wrote: »

Ah, well, that's another piece of info to take into account. So, if that's the case, then what happens if:

a) The dining car is in the back
    AND
    b) It has the silent/business cars around it

Seems like there's no definite good answer. OK, how about this.....

1) Aim for the back, as planned.
    2) When people start getting on, tweet where you are (with, say, #PAXSonicLine or something else similarly agreed upon) and maybe what the situation is with dining, silent, and business cars

That way, everyone coming on later knows where to aim from there.

Thoughts?

I've taken a lot of Amtrak trains before. The dining car is never in the back - always the middle. They would never move it further away from the Business class people (who are in the front of the train) as they are the demonstrated big-spenders (and when beers cost $7-9 apiece, the average coach passenger isn't the target market).

Also, from the platform, it can be hard to tell where exactly the "middle" is, which cars are quiet, etc. It's easy to figure out where the back is. That way you don't have to drag your bags from car to car (which can be a big pain). You just go to the far side of the platform and you're golden.

flatline on
  • Options
    For DC based passengers, it is the first train - not sure for everyone else how your stations is set up - but yeah just look for the side going forward and go for the other side. The dining car is always in the middle. We usually do the twitter hash - so I am all for continuing it this year! #PAXSonicLine is good, unless people have objections.

I am getting on the first stop - please feel free to tweet me directly or DM me if you are lost or need some help finding us.
    It shouldn't be too hard though!

• Options
    flatline wrote: »
    I've taken a lot of Amtrak trains before. The dining car is never in the back - always the middle. They would never move it further away from the Business class people (who are in the front of the train) as they are the demonstrated big-spenders (and when beers cost $7-9 apiece, the average coach passenger isn't the target market).

Also, from the platform, it can be hard to tell where exactly the "middle" is, which cars are quiet, etc. It's easy to figure out where the back is. That way you don't have to drag your bags from car to car (which can be a big pain). You just go to the far side of the platform and you're golden.

OK, it still doesn't hurt to know where people are (back vs dining car). so they know as they get on if they want to head towards the back or the dining car, since those are going to be a half a train apart.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Got my ticket finally - if you're still lollygagging around on this, best get on it as the 176 is currently up to $99 one way.

• Options
    flatline wrote: »

To build off what the Lady said, if you sit in the dining car, you're supposed to bring all your luggage with you (and not "reserve" a seat in another car). Depending on if you have a PC or something for BYOC, or a lot of luggage, this can be a pain. In 3 years I haven't heard of anyone having something stolen on the train, but I wouldn't leave my stuff several cars away, unwatched.

Also, this may vary by train - as I recall on the last PAX Train, the cafe car had no overhead bins, luggage racks, or places to hold/display your ticket like there is in the coach cars. No way anyone could bring their luggage in there even if they wanted to.

• Options
    WismerWismer Registered User new member
    Name(s): Matt & Sandy
    Twitter: @WismerTrashCry
    Boarding Stop: Penn Station, NYC
    Tickets Purchased: 2

Looking forward to it. This is our first time going to PAX and will be coming loaded with questions on what to do. Also, I have a few old (Fallen Empires/Ice Age) and semi-new MtG (2008-2009) decks that I can play with, but I am not current with the game.

• Options
    WismerWismer Registered User new member
    Any idea why the 176 train costs more than the other trains with similar arrival times?

• Options
    It's based on individual train availability, departure/arrival times doesn't factor in.

• Options
    WolfBro87WolfBro87 Registered User regular
    Name: Matthew
    Twitter: wolfbro87
    Boarding Stop: Penn Station, NY
    Ticket Purchased: Yep!
    Games You're Bringing: Pokemon Black 2 and Heartgold, Cards Against Humanity, Zombie Dice (all my big box games are in California, so I'm just bringing little things).

• Options
    Wismer wrote: »
    Any idea why the 176 train costs more than the other trains with similar arrival times?

When I originally bought my ticket it was $74? So not bad -- is it more now? It's always best to buy early.

• Options
    KitInakaKitInaka Registered User regular
    Name: Chris But Kit or Goggles is Preferred
    Twitter: @Kit_Goggles
    Ticket Purchased: Getting There
    Games You're Bringing: Pokemon (DS) and Laptop with LoL, Minecraft and a few Steam games on it.