As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Math [chat]

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Should I eat two swiss rolls (they come in pairs!) or eat a fiberone brownie.

These are the only choices.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Denmark isn't a real country. Look, my map clearly says HERE BE DRAGONS, and you said nothing about Draconic, or maybe you ARE a dragon.

Well listen here, you fire breathing piece of scaley shit, THESE COLORS DON'T RUN.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    clearly jakobagger has kidnapped kosh and is wearing his skin as a trophy

People (jokingly?) confused me for him a couple of times, I decided to run with it.

I don't like it

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Seriously, though, Emn, are you just fucking around or are you genuinely curious?

Meh. A tad interested. Are the cultures different between Quebec and the rest of Canada? Like, really different. Not 'California is different compared to Texas olol' different.

They speak a different language, have their own film, music, and television industries that create content that no one else on the continent watches or listens to, have a distinct history being the descendants of French colonies on the continent, have their own cuisines, traditions, idioms, slang, and swear words

so

yeah

Their own films and television? Quebec types all speak English and French but prefer French, correct? They're not so nuts that they refuse to learn English, right?

why would that be nuts in a Francophone region?

I assume he's thinking because if the majority of the country you live in speaks a language it might be a good idea to have a familiarity with it?

Quebec is huge, though.

It's not like we're talking about a dinky little area with a language quirk, where at some point you're going to have to interact in a language other than your own in the course of your day-to-day life.

No I get that

But as someone who doesn't have a lot of patience for nationalism

nationalism when you aren't even a nation irk's me even more

Actually, Quebec is considered a nation-within-a-nation.

Ok I'm not going to delve into "nation-within-a-nation" because that's not what bugs me about this. It's not about Quebec at all except that the way Quebec is described, as an outsider, it always seems like a good example of the thing I really dislike, which is the divisiveness.

It's that being proud that you are less able to communicate with the other people in your own nation, being proud that you are separate from them, being proud that you aren't them is a fucking poisonous, atrocious, attitude to hold. And "culture" doesn't cut it with me as an excuse for it.

This is something that happens with great regularity in the US and it's something I've grown to have utterly no patience for over time.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    B5_kosh01b.jpg

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    wait a third language. I count English and french or german

that's two

what's the third

do Canadians have a secret language.

I FUCKING KNEW IT.

japan was talking about Denmark, where we all speak Danish.

You speak to danishes?

Ohh, you speak with danishes. That must be extraordinarily fattening.

What a new and clever joke! Still, beats people confusing Dutch/Danish I guess.

Also: in Danish, danishes are called viennese bread, wienerbrød.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

that's two

what's the third

I FUCKING KNEW IT.

Yeah and I speak poundcake.

You liar.

If you're going to make up a language, at least have it sound real.

Although, I do speak poundcake. Ladies.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    This professor is having me read a Yemeni poli sci article from 1979, despite the fact that there have been like 50 revolutions since then

I could skim this and be morally blameless

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

that's two

what's the third

I FUCKING KNEW IT.

You speak to danishes?

Ohh, you speak with danishes. That must be extraordinarily fattening.

What a new and clever joke! Still, beats people confusing Dutch/Danish I guess.

Also: in Danish, danishes are called viennese bread, wienerbrød.

So what do the Austrians call danishes?

I could write for SNL.

Yeah...

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

*not the daddy dance*

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    clearly jakobagger has kidnapped kosh and is wearing his skin as a trophy

People (jokingly?) confused me for him a couple of times, I decided to run with it.

I don't like it

You're not the boss of me!

But to be honest, I'll probably get tired of it pretty soon.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

I didn't know you were black

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    also @ronya i have found a place that delivers pizza, burgers and chicken to 5am near me

YESSSSSSSSSS

obF2Wuw.png
    nothing gets me diamond hard like seeing a bunch of white rich folk getting their shit wrecked in a boat

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    do the harlem shake

919UOwT.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i don't even know who jakobagger is what is this silliness?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Hey. Hey.

Don't you besmirch the Danish. They make the best pastries.

The Best.
    NP_Kringle_2746.jpg
    Kringle

The traditional symbol of fine bakeries in Denmark. Pretzel shaped, made of buttery danish pastry filled with a "mazarine" almond filling, custard and raisins, topped with sliced almonds and a touch of sugar to finish.

Houn on
    also @ronya i have found a place that delivers pizza, burgers and chicken to 5am near me

YESSSSSSSSSS

soon:

20100818-whopperbar-pizzaburger.jpg

aRkpc.gif
    I wonder if I should buy a bottle of Maker's before they water it down

or if I should just not give a damn and buy something that's better regardless. I want Bulleit!

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I don't either and I DONT LIKE IT
    I AM CONFUSED
    CONFUSION MAKES ME ANGRY

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    RONYA I CLICKED AGREE THEN I CLICKED AWESOME THEN I CLICKED AGREE THEN I CLICKED AWESOME

BEACUSE YES SOON

BUT ALSO AWESOME

BUT YES

obF2Wuw.png
    alt:

Slide12.gif

aRkpc.gif
    Denmark isn't a real country. Look, my map clearly says HERE BE DRAGONS, and you said nothing about Draconic, or maybe you ARE a dragon.

Well listen here, you fire breathing piece of scaley shit, THESE COLORS DON'T RUN.

Denmark has been a country since sometime between 960 and 980. Come at me upstart.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    In Vienna, the Danish is referred to as "Plundergebäck" or "Golatschen".

Thanks wikipedia!

It's not that I hate the Danish. It's that I hate everyone. Except the Estonians, got bless their libertarian hearts

edited February 2013
    ronya wrote: »
    alt:

Slide12.gif

doesnt happen in uk yet

south korea was a blessed place

like the fact mcdonalds do not understand how many fucking dollars they would make with this makes me see penis

i mean red

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Seriously, though, Emn, are you just fucking around or are you genuinely curious?

Meh. A tad interested. Are the cultures different between Quebec and the rest of Canada? Like, really different. Not 'California is different compared to Texas olol' different.

They speak a different language, have their own film, music, and television industries that create content that no one else on the continent watches or listens to, have a distinct history being the descendants of French colonies on the continent, have their own cuisines, traditions, idioms, slang, and swear words

so

yeah

Their own films and television? Quebec types all speak English and French but prefer French, correct? They're not so nuts that they refuse to learn English, right?

I assume he's thinking because if the majority of the country you live in speaks a language it might be a good idea to have a familiarity with it?

Quebec is huge, though.

It's not like we're talking about a dinky little area with a language quirk, where at some point you're going to have to interact in a language other than your own in the course of your day-to-day life.

No I get that

Ok I'm not going to delve into "nation-within-a-nation" because that's not what bugs me about this. It's not about Quebec at all except that the way Quebec is described, as an outsider, it always seems like a good example of the thing I really dislike, which is the divisiveness.

It's that being proud that you are less able to communicate with the other people in your own nation, being proud that you are separate from them, being proud that you aren't them is a fucking poisonous, atrocious, attitude to hold. And "culture" doesn't cut it with me as an excuse for it.

This is something that happens with great regularity in the US and it's something I've grown to have utterly no patience for over time.

You'd love Britain. We speak hundreds of different dialects, and several languages are important, depending on region.

There's nothing wrong with being proud to be different. Conformity is not the only possible way we can all get along.

I figure I could take a bear.

Denmark has been a country since sometime between 960 and 980. Come at me upstart.

ive been a country since 123212312bc

i have like 7 creation myths and a lot of shitty clay pottery

wat u gona do about it

obF2Wuw.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »

so

yeah

Quebec is huge, though.

No I get that

You'd love Britain. We speak hundreds of different dialects, and several languages are important, depending on region.

There's nothing wrong with being proud to be different. Conformity is not the only possible way we can all get along.

Being proud of who you are is a lot different than being proud that you're not one of them.

ive been a country since 123212312bc

i have like 7 creation myths and a lot of shitty clay pottery

wat u gona do about it

You're no mithra

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

YESSSSSSSSSS

Outside of america?! Impossible.

Listen to me, this is a time travel paradox delivery place. Do not eat the cheeseburger. It is an anticheeseburger. The minute you unwrap it, a gamma radiation burst will kill you and everyone in the 25 mile radius not shielded by the earth.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited February 2013

its one thing to be like IM DIFFERENT AND THATS COOL

its another thing to be IM DIFFERENT AND THATS WHY I DONT LEARN YOUR LANGUAGE THUS CUTTING MYSELF OFF FROM COMMUNICATING WITH YOU

because taken both ways its just shit. and lets be honest, ethnic nationalism (which this type of stuff often boils down to) basically NEVER has good results.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png

so

yeah

Quebec is huge, though.

No I get that

french in quebec would go the way welsh did in wales if not for highly strenuous social engineering to discourage the spread of english

aRkpc.gif

YESSSSSSSSSS

Outside of america?! Impossible.

Listen to me, this is a time travel paradox delivery place. Do not eat the cheeseburger. It is an anticheeseburger. The minute you unwrap it, a gamma radiation burst will kill you and everyone in the 25 mile radius not shielded by the earth.

on second thought

eat it

but go to a major population center first

preferably near chavs

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I wonder if I should buy a bottle of Maker's before they water it down

or if I should just not give a damn and buy something that's better regardless. I want Bulleit!

hmm? what about makers?

oh and give buffalo trace a try. the bottle is not as neat as bulleit but the whiskey is!

This discussion has been closed.