As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TRENCHES] Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - Pivotal

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited February 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Pivotal

Pivotal
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/pivotal

A Brand New Wardrobe!

Anonymous

During crunch time for a triple A title, we were working 16-18 hour shifts. To keep the team going, a co-worker purchased cases of energy drinks and took a dollar per can toward the purchase of the next case.

At the time, the energy drink company was running a promotion to collect can tabs in exchange for merchandise. (T-Shirts, Hoodies, Hats, Etc.) We figured it would be cool to get the co-worker who originally bought the cases one of the hoodie sweatshirts.

By the end of our 3 month crunch, everyone had a three piece suit consisting of a beanie, T-Shirt, and hooded sweatshirt branded by this energy drink company.

Geth on

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    By the end of our 3 month crunch, everyone had a three piece suit consisting of a beanie, T-Shirt, hooded sweatshirt, and diabetes branded by this energy drink company.

Fixed.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Q's tiny hand is freaking me out

• Options
    buckybonebuckybone Registered User regular
    Right in the feels...

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

HOW DOES HE TYPE?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    How dare they, making Q less of an unsympathetic douche.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

He is a little Cee Lo Green-like in his bodily proportions...

If Q was a boy in 1985, he is somewhat older than I assumed him to be.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    MortalToasterMortalToaster Registered User regular
    http://onetinyhand.com/

• Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    Love the Dad.

• Options
    Shakes999Shakes999 Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    By the end of our 3 month crunch, everyone had a three piece suit consisting of a beanie, T-Shirt, hooded sweatshirt, and diabetes branded by this energy drink company.

Fixed.

Not to mention being well on the way to kidney failure.

My co-worker was up to drinking 4 Monster Dubs (DUBS!!!!) a day until he woke up in the middle of the night feeling like someone was stabbing him in the side with a knife.

I myself am down to about 2 monsters a week from 1 every day. I don't even notice any effect from them anymore and haven't since I was about 20. Just addicted to the process of drinking em.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hence your user name, right?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    One of the people I work with downs monsters and other energy drinks at least 3 a shift I really wonder what is left of his kidneys
    A few years ago one person had a heart attack because they downed far too many of them in a few hours

I think they smell like crap and I have never had one

• Options
    Shakes999Shakes999 Registered User regular
    Hence your user name, right?
    *Chuckle* good stuff.

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Really loving the direction of the Trenches lately. Has a very Holkinsian beat.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

HOW DOES HE TYPE?

With boxing gloves.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

He is a little Cee Lo Green-like in his bodily proportions...

If Q was a boy in 1985, he is somewhat older than I assumed him to be.

I figured that he was a mid-30s to early-40s type dude
    He strikes me as the kind of nerd who is old enough to remember seeing the original Star Wars in theaters (or at least Empire...)

• Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    Ten years old in 85 makes him 37-38, which is perfectly acceptable for a dev team lead with such a tremendous kilt.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    sorwahsorwah Registered User new member
    edited February 2013
    Made an account just to say that as a former employee to the company, I know exactly what company, tester, and submitter it was for the story. Ha!

And I personally don't like energy drinks as they really do nothing for me and taste terrible, but the guys on the team would go out and buy a whole bunch of them. One would get the BFC monster can and be jittering 4 hours later.

sorwah on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    ruzkin wrote: »
    Ten years old in 85 makes him 37-38, which is perfectly acceptable for a dev team lead with such a tremendous kilt.

Yeah, actually, that's kind of old for that level of management, which sort of suits the character. Not tremendously successful, but happy in his field.

What is this I don't even.