As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holy ****ing ****! I'm going to PAX!

collinccollinc Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
I can't believe it. I just decided I'm going to go, and not tell my parents. I'm 19, and I have the money. It will also be a great opportunity for me to get to meet people in the industry as I want to be a programmer.

Free cake. Inquire within.
collinc on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ....wow

Cool.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    hamburger helper predicts this thread will end well

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    collinc wrote: »
    I can't believe it. I just decided I'm going to go, and not tell my parents. I'm 19, and I have the money. It will also be a great opportunity for me to get to meet people in the industry as I want to be a programmer.

Fun

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This would be funny if it turned out that this person lives two blocks away from PAX.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Being spontaneous is what life is all about.

You'll enjoy PAX.

john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Then you need to check out the IGDA http://www.igda.org/, The Game Institute http://www.gameinstitute.com/, and Gamasutra http://www.gamasutra.com/. I would also advise you go to GDC next year http://www.gdconf.com/.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    LumasLumas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Go you! Fight this system! Viva la revolucion! Et Cetera! BYAAHH!

Lumas on
  • Options
    Comrade OneComrade One Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SPONTANEITY FTW

Comrade One on
  • Options
    artificeartifice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    if your 19 why the not tell your parents thing... like... i dont get it.

artifice on
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Good deal! You should do things for yourself, especially at 19.

However, if you don't live nearby, you should let someone know, just in case of emergency. it is never a good idea to travel long distances without someone knowing where you were going.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    ThelloThello Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You sound like one sheltered teenager.

Thello on
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PSSST, we're all reasonably mature here. We can say things like "fuck" and "shit".

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    Spyder ZSpyder Z I am What and Who I am Shoreline, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PSSST, we're all reasonably mature here. We can say things like "fuck" and "shit".

Liar.

Spyder Z on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oooooou you said a bad word!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Butthole! Caca! Peepee! Idiotfacedumbheadknobblecock!...

Oops! Let a real one slip through.

Officer on
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Fuck, this is so funny I've shit my pants?

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Don't expect us to take the heat for you if they are pissed that you left and didn't tell them and called the police.

Just tell them and be firm about it. HAVE SOME BALLS MAN! (and the drink too at pax)

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Heh heh heh...

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If you think your parents may call the cops, you should call them once you get there. If they call the cops because they think you are missing or kidnapped you could be in serious trouble with the law. Something along the lines of having to pay for the cost of the search.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I do live far away, in South Florida. But yeah I'm a sheltered teenager who is desperately trying to grow some balls. The whole talking and being firm doesn't work so much. Anything that is unacceptable just ends with "Then you go off and I'll just sit here and die." Doesn't make me feel so great, but I have no interest in feeling sorry for myself there are plenty of worse parents. I told a few people around, and one of my brothers so people know where I am just not everyone.

With the fuck and shit thing, I'm glad. Just used to IGN and the magic ban stick. So force of habit.

collinc on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I do live far away, in South Florida. But yeah I'm a sheltered teenager who is desperately trying to grow some balls. The whole talking and being firm doesn't work so much. Anything that is unacceptable just ends with "Then you go off and I'll just sit here and die." Doesn't make me feel so great, but I have no interest in feeling sorry for myself there are plenty of worse parents. I told a few people around, and one of my brothers so people know where I am just not everyone.

With the fuck and shit thing, I'm glad. Just used to IGN and the magic ban stick. So force of habit.

Best case scenario-- they don't notice your gone. I'm surprised you didn't try to come up with a better alibi like say "oh some friends invited me to go to a cool party for the weekend" which is only partially true- If they are going to be jerks like that a bit of white lies isn't going to be that bad.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well they won't even know I've left because I've been staying away from home the past couple months. I work for Sonic the fast food restaurant and they have me opening a new store about 4 hours away from home. So Sonic pays for my hotel stay while down here.

collinc on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    As the BYOC guys would say, 'WOOT PAX!'

GeeCee on
This discussion has been closed.