As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Math [chat]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    @spool32

Spool just imagine graduating from high school in 2000.

Just imagine that for a moment.

That's basically a fetus.

Basically that's like being in grade school when everything important happened.

Example: Getting the internet handed to them on a silver platter, already created and waiting to play around with. It's no wonder they fuck it up on the regular. They never had to work for connectivity!

IF SOMEBODY INSTALLS A BROWSER- YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!

spool32 on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Nike+ Kinect training update

Another strength workout, and I was not destroyed by it! A gratifying development, as the last one really wrecked me. However I'm already seeing some benefit from the exercise, 4 sessions into it.

One drill, the 'plank to push-up' was very very difficult for me though, because my form was awful and I had to do about 35 reps to get fifteen good ones.

Good job! I should pick up this game.

Fuelband update: I skipped the gym because I was sick yesterday, but I got home and had only 1500 fuel points. Since 2000 is the daily point score of some inactive sedentary unperson and I was hungry, the wife and I walked about a mile to a BBQ smokehouse/butcher thingy.

It was a delicious wash.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    It.. never occurred to me how high up boobs are on bodies.

This is the weirdest realization.

Unfortunately not true on every body

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Also, does anyone else here know about turntable.fm and have any interest in goofing off on it with me?

(It's a service that allows you to play music in a lobby a la vent)

Nerdgasmic used to organize one

but he's gone now -.-

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Need more 25 year olds / class of '05ers posting at this time of day!

Oh except we lost @Inquisitor last night to self-exile :(

What? No! Why!?

This is the only place besides Reddit that I can visit at work, so for god's sake can we please stop hemorrhaging good posters?

Wait, who left?

Apparently Inquisitor, if I'm reading this correctly.

Right, but you said we lost a good poster, so I was wondering who else left.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I graduated from high school in 2008!

*adjusts diaper*

Otherwise known as the year of my 10-year COLLEGE reunion.

The upside is, there's still a pretty good chance that I'll receive social security payments.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Kana wrote: »

Unfortunately not true on every body

Well it's true enough on me to blow my mind.

But yes there are uh, exceptions.

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Also, does anyone else here know about turntable.fm and have any interest in goofing off on it with me?

but he's gone now -.-

Well it's eezy peezy to set up a lobby, I just didn't particularly want to sit around and play music for myself...

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    @ronya well then what do you like?

non-hard-boiled eggs

spring onions

lettuce, some shredded chicken

tomatoes sometimes

dump lettuce and tomatoes and im down wid dis

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

Another strength workout, and I was not destroyed by it! A gratifying development, as the last one really wrecked me. However I'm already seeing some benefit from the exercise, 4 sessions into it.

One drill, the 'plank to push-up' was very very difficult for me though, because my form was awful and I had to do about 35 reps to get fifteen good ones.

your posts intrigue me

the last year or so i have replaced actual exercise with babby related excercise

doing push ups with son on back

tossing son onto the couch like a medicine ball

throwing son as close to the ceiling as i can without him hitting

etc.

an actual indoor workout routine sounds much better!

alt option: bodyweight workout

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

*adjusts diaper*

The upside is, there's still a pretty good chance that I'll receive social security payments.

So how many grandkids you got

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Need more 25 year olds / class of '05ers posting at this time of day!

Oh except we lost @Inquisitor last night to self-exile :(

What? No! Why!?

This is the only place besides Reddit that I can visit at work, so for god's sake can we please stop hemorrhaging good posters?

Wait, who left?

Apparently Inquisitor, if I'm reading this correctly.

Right, but you said we lost a good poster, so I was wondering who else left.

Allow me to express my embarrassment in gif form.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm giving up talking about giving up ironically giving up talking about giving up ironically talking about ironically giving up Lent for Lent for Lent for Lent.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Even though I've never lost someone to drowning, the tone of this song basically describes how I feel most days. Especially today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxWHti2BFpA

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    There was a five year high school reunion recently. I have never been so uninterested in a thing.

• Options

your posts intrigue me

the last year or so i have replaced actual exercise with babby related excercise

doing push ups with son on back

tossing son onto the couch like a medicine ball

throwing son as close to the ceiling as i can without him hitting

etc.

an actual indoor workout routine sounds much better!

If you search google for "Nike+ Kinect training site:forums-penny-arcade.com" you'll see a set of what I've said about it...

tl;ds I think it's amazing. I've been really impressed by the accuracy and sensitivity of the kinect and this workout program is legit. I would do it!

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    sotu is tonight?

Worst night for a speech in a while. What possessed them to schedule the SotU on Fat Tuesday?

Large swaths of the country are not going to be watching, me included (for the first time since... 1992).
    @spool32

Example: Getting the internet handed to them on a silver platter, already created and waiting to play around with. It's no wonder they fuck it up on the regular. They never had to work for connectivity!

Homey I had a 300 baud modem I would couple over a telephone headset after I dialed a bulletin board, at age 11.

On a computer where writing your own BIOS hooks using 8080 assembly language mnemonics was considered something users should know how to do.

Bitches ain't even close to earning dis.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

wat

THAT'S WHY IT'S SO WEIRD

It's one of those things where your mind is blown and you know it's a really mundane thing that you've always known.

no i mean

i have never had this sensation

maybe i have studied the issue of BOOBS in greater detail at a younger age

*strokes chin, smokes pipe, strokes pin*

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm giving up talking about giving up ironically giving up talking about giving up ironically talking about ironically giving up Lent for Lent for Lent for Lent.

You should see Side Effects and tell me what you think.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular

but he's gone now -.-

Well it's eezy peezy to set up a lobby, I just didn't particularly want to sit around and play music for myself...

I'm at work right now, but during non-work hours this is the kind of goofing off I can get behind.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

wat

THAT'S WHY IT'S SO WEIRD

It's one of those things where your mind is blown and you know it's a really mundane thing that you've always known.

I can kind of see this happening, especially if you're taller than most women you interact with.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Pancakes cooked and eaten, and dishes washed! :)
    @RMS Oceanic

Did you use buckwheat? What did you think of them compared to plain ones?

I could not find any buckwheat, so I just made normal pancakes. :(

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    God damnit I uninstalled the authenticator from my phone a few months back

now shit is broken

I made this mistake recently as well. Have fun resubmitting your photo ID after countless rejections.

God damnit

Do you still have the CD keys, you should be able to submit those instead, pretty sure that's all I had to do to remove my authenticator when I lost my physical one.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    during non-work hours this is the kind of getting off I can goof behind.

• Options

wat

THAT'S WHY IT'S SO WEIRD

no i mean

Oh.

Yeah. Well so did I. Then all of a sudden "whoah what the fuck those are way closer than expected"

And then I looked at pictures to confirm.

Unsurprisingly, "Boobs" was already in my search history.

• Options
    By the way did we all get the memo that wrestling will no longer by an Olympic sport in 2020?

All those poor, angst-ridden little kids that want to roll around and 'grapple' on the mat with other poor, angst-ridden little boys -- won't somebody think of them?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    oh God are we doing this ageism crap

I don't even have the strength to care anymore

just stop

just stop

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

*adjusts diaper*

I'm trying to patent a convoluted process where I manage to have grandkids without ever actually having children. Would sell like gangbusters. R&D thus far has been problematic.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

wat

THAT'S WHY IT'S SO WEIRD

I can kind of see this happening, especially if you're taller than most women you interact with.

Yeah, I am. I am a little shorter than six feet tall. It's also a perspective thing. Same way penises look smaller to the penishaver than someone from another point of view.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    @ronya well then what do you like?

non-hard-boiled eggs

spring onions

lettuce, some shredded chicken

tomatoes sometimes

dump lettuce and tomatoes and im down wid dis

the spirit of the cheezburger god is disappointed in thee

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

but he's gone now -.-

I'm at work right now, but during non-work hours this is the kind of goofing off I can get behind.

NOTED!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I had to set IRQ and DMA settings with nothing more than my own bootdisc-straps.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    By the way did we all get the memo that wrestling will no longer by an Olympic sport in 2020?

All those poor, angst-ridden little kids that want to roll around and 'grapple' on the mat with other poor, angst-ridden little boys -- won't somebody think of them?

the IOC is a joke

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

wat

THAT'S WHY IT'S SO WEIRD

no i mean

Oh.

Yeah. Well so did I. Then all of a sudden "whoah what the fuck those are way closer than expected"

has u evr done LIFF DRAWIN

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013

*adjusts diaper*

I'm trying to patent a convoluted process where I manage to have grandkids without ever actually having children. Would sell like gangbusters. R&D thus far has been problematic.

Would it not just be this?

Adopt 17 year, 11 month old teen mom
    Kick her out when she's 18
    play with babby?

a5ehren on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

wat

THAT'S WHY IT'S SO WEIRD

Yeah, I am. I am a little shorter than six feet tall. It's also a perspective thing. Same way penises look smaller to the penishaver than someone from another point of view.

Really? ohthankgod.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

I had to set IRQ and DMA settings with nothing more than my own bootdisc-straps.

We've got ourselves a PC-clone era oldtimer, spool. We'll take that. All are welcome.

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    sotu is tonight?

Worst night for a speech in a while. What possessed them to schedule the SotU on Fat Tuesday?

Large swaths of the country are not going to be watching, me included (for the first time since... 1992).

So where were you in 2009 then?

Was it on fat tuesday then as well?

I didn't do anything mardi gras related in from 04 - '10.

• Options

wat

THAT'S WHY IT'S SO WEIRD

no i mean

Oh.

has u evr done LIFF DRAWIN

I need a translator

halp

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    sotu is tonight?

@spool32

I graduated (well, finished secondary school) in 2000.

I remember JANET on my (well, my Dad's) Commodore 64. And the first Macintosh II I played with in '88. Those were the days.

BobCesca on
This discussion has been closed.