As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Math [chat]

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Composite images for female faces from around the world.
    lO9OV.jpg

The composites are all surprisingly (or perhaps unsurprisingly?) hot.

Some are a little "video gamey" in their proportions, or made up as though the most appealing face was being created through committee.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    lO9OV.jpg

many of the composite faces are quite attractive

I wonder if the tech used (or just the averaging of X many faces) tends to lend to greater symmetry or something than the median face

yes

averaging features tends to produce greater symmetry and a more standardised distribution of things like TEETH and EYEBALLS

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Are you a cop? How much to have mind blown?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    some days I still wake up in cold sweats from mscdex.exe terrors

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    P.S. I suck at snowboarding

Everyone does, until they don't. I swear I could barely stand up on a snowboard, and then I went to the mountain one time and just started shredding and jumping off shit and not killing myself. I think it's a mental thing really, you have to believe you're capable of not killing yourself.

Indeed

I haven't gone out in Two years and two years ago I only went out twice. Ooof.

I'm slowly getting my legs back under me but I'm so scrub tier

If snowboarding were metal, I'd have just discovered Metallica yesterday

If the mountain were a lane, I'd be feeding

If snow were a meme, I'd be posting a Rebecca Black "Friday" gif two months from now

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Man, I ran bulletin boards back in the day.

I was a BBS god in my local area, participated in FIDONet shared message boards, ran Renegade with Legend of the Red Dragon and Tradewars...

I was multi-node.

I bought shareware for tradewars, that used the "secret" output file you could save in the terminal emulator, and parsed it to build an offline map.
    Telix, by the way. I did not like Procomm.

And met the wife on a MajorBBS.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    IF SOMEBODY INSTALLS A BROWSER- YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!

I had to set IRQ and DMA settings with nothing more than my own bootdisc-straps.

God...I remember the days of having a container full of floppies labeled shit like "Ultima 7 Boot Disc", "Wing Commander Boot Disc", "Descent Boot Disc", because they all needed their own, exactly right, settings across a spectrum of shit...some needed XMM, some didn't. Some needed your SoundBlaster on a particular IRQ, others wanted it on another. Some would only allow the mouse to work under really specific settings.

Kids these days, no idea how easy playing vidya games is!

To this day, if something is available on console, ILL JUST FUCKING BUY THAT I DONT WANT NO HEADACHES, NO SIR!

I'm still rocking the stock video card on my dell because fuck that

I had to set IRQ and DMA settings with nothing more than my own bootdisc-straps.

We've got ourselves a PC-clone era oldtimer, spool. We'll take that. All are welcome.

As long as he remembers that sound goes in autoexec.bat, and ATAPI goes in config.sys, he's all right by me.

Back in School, I replaced the bootdisks in the computer labs with autoexec.bat files that ended began with

FORMAT C:
    Y

Take that, Mavis Beacon!
    Fuck you wordperfect!
    Bow 2 mai 1337 h43k1ng skillz!!!!1111!!!!

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    some days I still wake up in cold sweats from mscdex.exe terrors

You haven't lived until you scripted a bootloader in your config.sys file to run the appropriate drivers and autoexec.bat commands so that when you needed a high EMS game you had HIMEM running that way, but when you needed XMS and the CD-ROM...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I didn't realise anyone felt particularly strongly about Olympic wrestling.
    Well wrestling has been an Olympic sport since the time of the ancient Greeks

Is it just freestyle wrestling that is being dropped, or is Greco-Roman going as well?

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I tried skiing recently and fell a lot. It didn't help that it was Waterville Valley and -10 F with wind chill so it was very icy snow

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    lO9OV.jpg

@wouldbang = 'Y'

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Direct me towards the French girl please.

Wait that explains so much about me.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013

I was a BBS god in my local area, participated in FIDONet shared message boards, ran Renegade with Legend of the Red Dragon and Tradewars...

I was multi-node.

I bought shareware for tradewars, that used the "secret" output file you could save in the terminal emulator, and parsed it to build an offline map.

It was a Gorean BBS

Ludious on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    I had a crack dealer like really try to sell me crack the other day. I was kinda flattered.

(Admittedly, I was lingering around that Greyhound Station for quite a while, but it was all for a good reason. Don't worry.)

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Well, I sure don't. I just think it's kind of funny that the one of the few sports that really hearkens back to the grand Greek myth of good ol' well-meaning amateur athletes wanting to do athletic shit together is getting the ax so we can add rollerblading or whatever it is they'll be adding now.

Is there even much of an amateur scene in wrestling?

It never occurred to me that it might be something that people did for fun. Like, I know plenty of people who box or do some kind of martial arts or whatever, I've just never encountered amateur wrestling as a thing.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    lO9OV.jpg

many of the composite faces are quite attractive

I wonder if the tech used (or just the averaging of X many faces) tends to lend to greater symmetry or something than the median face

I think that's definitely part of it. We all have somewhat symmetrical faces but when you put a bunch together everything evens up much more.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I wanna get with that Swiss miss

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Guys, i need some platitudes to help me feel better about my exam tomorrow. I don't know how to study well and I feel super overwhelmed... :(

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

God...I remember the days of having a container full of floppies labeled shit like "Ultima 7 Boot Disc", "Wing Commander Boot Disc", "Descent Boot Disc", because they all needed their own, exactly right, settings across a spectrum of shit...some needed XMM, some didn't. Some needed your SoundBlaster on a particular IRQ, others wanted it on another. Some would only allow the mouse to work under really specific settings.

To this day, if something is available on console, ILL JUST FUCKING BUY THAT I DONT WANT NO HEADACHES, NO SIR!

That's kind of a shame. Frankly PC gaming is in the same place as consoles these days. I haven't had a serious incompatibility issue in probably six or seven years.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    desc wrote: »
    P.S. I suck at snowboarding

Everyone does, until they don't. I swear I could barely stand up on a snowboard, and then I went to the mountain one time and just started shredding and jumping off shit and not killing myself. I think it's a mental thing really, you have to believe you're capable of not killing yourself.

Me too, but everyone thought I was weird and eventually two security officers made me get off the mountain with my paper shredder. I told them I had work to do but they were having none of it. Also, I still can't snowboard.

Drez on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

I was multi-node.

This is unintelligible to me, every last word. Both posts. I know shareware...

My mom picked the phone up and it kicked me off America On-Line once, though

Does that count? Am I a PC OG

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

This Olympic Wrestling thing has managed to go back in time and make the South Park WWE episode even funnier. In fact, for those keeping score, South Park was right again.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm giving up talking about giving up ironically giving up talking about giving up ironically talking about ironically giving up Lent for Lent for Lent for Lent.

You should see Side Effects and tell me what you think.

MAYBE I WILL!

Does watching it cause pregnancy?

Oh mos def

pregnancy
    OF THE MIND

Have you been around all this time or did my message on
    XBLA awaken thee?

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Well, I sure don't. I just think it's kind of funny that the one of the few sports that really hearkens back to the grand Greek myth of good ol' well-meaning amateur athletes wanting to do athletic shit together is getting the ax so we can add rollerblading or whatever it is they'll be adding now.

It never occurred to me that it might be something that people did for fun. Like, I know plenty of people who box or do some kind of martial arts or whatever, I've just never encountered amateur wrestling as a thing.

Ummm, pretty certain Daniel Tosh created a minor commercial empire in part by exploiting the amateur wrestling scene...

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Greek, African America, Israeli, Iranian... wow, the russian is pretty great as well. She is probably also crazy as a loon.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Not a whole lot of South American representation in that list

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i think the high end bundle NES was like $250. we got that one (suck it!) it came with ROB, a light gun, gyromite, mario, duck hunt, and 2 controllers

they also had the one that just had mario and that was like $200. it made economic sense to just buy the big bundle!

919UOwT.png
  • Options

dude Mexican is there.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    I tried skiing recently and fell a lot. It didn't help that it was Waterville Valley and -10 F with wind chill so it was very icy snow

Doing anything on icy snow is horrible, even if you know what you're doing.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

Ummm, pretty certain Daniel Tosh created a minor commercial empire in part by exploiting the amateur wrestling scene...

I have no idea who you are talking about.

Then again, me and @japan grew up in a country where wrestling is not a school sport. We play sensible things like cricket and rugby.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    lO9OV.jpg

I wonder what it would look like if it was nationality based rather than ethnic. Diverse countries might end up pretty "interesting" looking

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

dude Mexican is there.

Ludious

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    See the thing about crack is

Sometimes you don't have anything to do for a few days

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

We've got ourselves a PC-clone era oldtimer, spool. We'll take that. All are welcome.

As long as he remembers that sound goes in autoexec.bat, and ATAPI goes in config.sys, he's all right by me.

Back in School, I replaced the bootdisks in the computer labs with autoexec.bat files that ended began with

FORMAT C:
    Y

Take that, Mavis Beacon!
    Fuck you wordperfect!
    Bow 2 mai 1337 h43k1ng skillz!!!!1111!!!!

Open apple + break interrupted run time on the science quiz software. Piece of tape over the "non-writable" notch on the disk.

Add your own questions and answers to the quiz.

:)

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Guys, i need some platitudes to help me feel better about my exam tomorrow. I don't know how to study well and I feel super overwhelmed... :(

Feel the burn, 21st!

Max the edge!

No pain, no gain!

Do or do not, there is no try!

What doesn't kill you makes you weaker and easier for your enemies to exploit!

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Greek, African America, Israeli, Iranian... wow, the russian is pretty great as well. She is probably also crazy as a loon.

Hard for me to pick favorites, they're all pretty great.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

ladies there have no faces : (

• Options

That's kind of a shame. Frankly PC gaming is in the same place as consoles these days. I haven't had a serious incompatibility issue in probably six or seven years.

Let me introduce you to skyrim via ATI cards.

• Options
    Ugh. White people.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @desc american giant hoodies still aren't back on stock >:[

@skippydumptruck

I want to see one in person

I find myself skeptical

This discussion has been closed.