As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Math [chat]

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Guys, i need some platitudes to help me feel better about my exam tomorrow. I don't know how to study well and I feel super overwhelmed... :(

What's the worse that could happen?

You'll be fine, this stuff is easy.

There are children starving in Africa.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm giving up talking about giving up ironically giving up talking about giving up ironically talking about ironically giving up Lent for Lent for Lent for Lent.

You should see Side Effects and tell me what you think.

MAYBE I WILL!

Does watching it cause pregnancy?

Oh mos def

pregnancy
    OF THE MIND

Have you been around all this time or did my message on
    XBLA awaken thee?

I've been making more time for this forum recently (which means I'm in and out lol). I was happy to get that message, though!

Seriously, if you get a multi game you want to play we should get some games in. My 'reliably fun people to play online games with' list has fallen precipitously off a cliff recently :-(

Been trying to get my one buddy to update his Orange Box copy to Halo 4 so we can get some games in, especially since he just moved out to the Styx to take this 'better job,' and I'm like part of moving to the Styx and getting a better job means you get to make more time for Halo 4, right? RIGHT?!! But nah, it's still TF2 or bust with that guy...

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    IF SOMEBODY INSTALLS A BROWSER- YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!

I had to set IRQ and DMA settings with nothing more than my own bootdisc-straps.

God...I remember the days of having a container full of floppies labeled shit like "Ultima 7 Boot Disc", "Wing Commander Boot Disc", "Descent Boot Disc", because they all needed their own, exactly right, settings across a spectrum of shit...some needed XMM, some didn't. Some needed your SoundBlaster on a particular IRQ, others wanted it on another. Some would only allow the mouse to work under really specific settings.

Kids these days, no idea how easy playing vidya games is!

To this day, if something is available on console, ILL JUST FUCKING BUY THAT I DONT WANT NO HEADACHES, NO SIR!

I'm still rocking the stock video card on my dell because fuck that

That's kind of a shame. Frankly PC gaming is in the same place as consoles these days. I haven't had a serious incompatibility issue in probably six or seven years.

Let me introduce you to skyrim via ATI cards.

I have isolated the issue.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I used to get sat in this computer lab at my shitty ghetto highschool. I started bringing floppies with like Zork or commander keen on them and opening them up with the dos prompt.

Yeah I got in trouble for "hacking"

Someone told on me.

"OOOH HE HACKIN DAT COMPUTAH MISS TEACHA OOH DAT CRAZY WHITE BOY IS TRYINTA HACK."

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Oh hey and @Syndalis

The other day going through archives I ran across the tagline file I used for my Bluewave offline mail reader.

It would steal tags from other people's messages, if you wanted it to, and add them to the file, and then pull randomly from it to add a tagline to each message you posted.

FIDO was amazing.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I leave chat for twenty minutes and I miss the symmetrical faces discussion

:c

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    But srsly, anyone got good tips for studying?

I honestly don't know how to study and I have no idea why I got this far. :?

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Not a whole lot of South American representation in that list

ladies there have no faces : (

Not if you never look up they dont

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+

What are you studying?

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Geth is such one dimensional bot. I mean, there's still some kind of coin toss but he just responds to buzzy geek tech words like isolated, nuclear, loading, unloading, matrix, glitch, bazinga.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I didn't realise anyone felt particularly strongly about Olympic wrestling.
    Well, I sure don't. I just think it's kind of funny that the one of the few sports that really hearkens back to the grand Greek myth of good ol' well-meaning amateur athletes wanting to do athletic shit together is getting the ax so we can add rollerblading or whatever it is they'll be adding now.

Is there even much of an amateur scene in wrestling?

It never occurred to me that it might be something that people did for fun. Like, I know plenty of people who box or do some kind of martial arts or whatever, I've just never encountered amateur wrestling as a thing.

Ummm, pretty certain Daniel Tosh created a minor commercial empire in part by exploiting the amateur wrestling scene...

I don't know who that is.

I'm not trying to be snarky, it really just didn't occur to me that wrestling was a thing people did as a recreational sport.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i think the high end bundle NES was like $250. we got that one (suck it!) it came with ROB, a light gun, gyromite, mario, duck hunt, and 2 controllers

they also had the one that just had mario and that was like $200. it made economic sense to just buy the big bundle!

This was my second videogame console; my first was the Atari 400.

Shit was baller.

Atari-400-Comp.png

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular

If you study high, take the test high -- you'll do better than if you take the test sober <--- FACT

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

What are you studying?

Team management.

Big book, lots of stuff that I should know but can't really cite...

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Composite images for female faces from around the world.
    lO9OV.jpg
    Damn Finland, you are doing something right

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    also i want to say that when the SNES was released it was very close in price to the NES. within $25 or so?

919UOwT.png
    Ludious wrote: »
    Geth is such one dimensional bot. I mean, there's still some kind of coin toss but he just responds to buzzy geek tech words like isolated, nuclear, loading, unloading, matrix, glitch, bazinga.
    Or maybe he just wants you to think that.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png

What are you studying?

Team management.

congratulations you're a team manager

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @desc @Elldren @Thomamelas

everyone good for tonight?

rRwz9.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    See the thing about crack is

I'm not ready to go full on bath salts yet

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Oh hey and @Syndalis

The other day going through archives I ran across the tagline file I used for my Bluewave offline mail reader.

It would steal tags from other people's messages, if you wanted it to, and add them to the file, and then pull randomly from it to add a tagline to each message you posted.

FIDO was amazing.

Sometimes I miss the glory days.

then I remember when my local newspaper gave free shell accounts to high school students, and I got on the internet, pre-web browser when Archie and Gopher, FTP and USENet, and IRC were the primary tools.

I shut my BBS down in a month.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...

What are you studying?

Team management.

congratulations you're a team manager

:(

Don't diss my calling in life, yo.

What are you studying?

Team management.

Management courses focused (for me) mostly around charts and definitions... if yours is anything like that, perhaps diagram / outline key concepts from the readings and lectures and read over them until you're familiar with them?

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

Are you male? Then don't worry, this is a common problem. While the night before an exam is not the ideal time to try and work out your learning style(s), there are a couple of things that will help.

Basically, at this late stage your best bet is to make a poster of some kind. This means that you can incorporate a variety of learning styles such as summarising and writing the information, colours and different ways of presenting the info (can you depict some stuff using pictures and/or diagrams?) and then by looking over what you have made you can also utilise visual learning.

See the thing about crack is

Belts can be really uncomfortable

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    I didn't realise anyone felt particularly strongly about Olympic wrestling.
    Well, I sure don't. I just think it's kind of funny that the one of the few sports that really hearkens back to the grand Greek myth of good ol' well-meaning amateur athletes wanting to do athletic shit together is getting the ax so we can add rollerblading or whatever it is they'll be adding now.

Is there even much of an amateur scene in wrestling?

It never occurred to me that it might be something that people did for fun. Like, I know plenty of people who box or do some kind of martial arts or whatever, I've just never encountered amateur wrestling as a thing.

Ummm, pretty certain Daniel Tosh created a minor commercial empire in part by exploiting the amateur wrestling scene...

I don't know who that is.

I'm not trying to be snarky, it really just didn't occur to me that wrestling was a thing people did as a recreational sport.

Oh I was making a joke. He's the comedian that created Tosh.0, the clip show where they take internet clips and make fun of them. Crappy, stupid backyard redneck wrestling where idiots do stuff like ill-conceived backflips and nearly break their neck is a staple of his fare.

Chu hated on this song hardcore but I liked it. It felt primal, like that moment when you bump your head against your mother's dilated vagoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hehIfcCAZ40

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I used to get sat in this computer lab at my shitty ghetto highschool. I started bringing floppies with like Zork or commander keen on them and opening them up with the dos prompt.

Yeah I got in trouble for "hacking"

Someone told on me.

"OOOH HE HACKIN DAT COMPUTAH MISS TEACHA OOH DAT CRAZY WHITE BOY IS TRYINTA HACK."

ITT, Ludious tells the story of how the word "hacking" got subverted form meaning "coding something complex", to "TECHA HE'S DOIN SOMETHIN' BAD WITH THAT THUR COMPUTA".

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Cesca are you saying men suck.

Is that what you are telling us.

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

What are you studying?

Team management.

I do it in one-hour increments. Put your computer away (or get away from it), and say, "I will read/study this book for one hour." If you have lots of notes already, read those over and over for that hour, pausing to repeat the information in your head when you're not looking at it. Take a break, then do another hour.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @desc american giant hoodies still aren't back on stock >:[

@skippydumptruck

I want to see one in person

I find myself skeptical

I will get one

we will set up a runway show

all the finest people will be there

you will meet me backstage, I will fly into a rage that you've taken a sneak peek at the look

walk down the runway in tatters, mascara everywhere, only one high heel

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

If you study high, take the test high -- you'll do better than if you take the test sober <--- FACT

It's get high scores! Cmaahn

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Also oh hey @desc GUESS WHAT YOU'RE DOING THIS WEEKEND

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=817561

rRwz9.gif
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I don't particularly know how or when my family acquired our NES - there's a photo of me playing it when I'm 3 years old, one hand on the controller, the other down my pants.

No one else liked to used that controller.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Cesca are you saying men suck.

Is that what you are telling us.

shes right

boys drool girls rule

obF2Wuw.png
    BobCesca wrote: »

Are you male? Then don't worry, this is a common problem. While the night before an exam is not the ideal time to try and work out your learning style(s), there are a couple of things that will help.

Basically, at this late stage your best bet is to make a poster of some kind. This means that you can incorporate a variety of learning styles such as summarising and writing the information, colours and different ways of presenting the info (can you depict some stuff using pictures and/or diagrams?) and then by looking over what you have made you can also utilise visual learning.

The horror I would have felt if anyone ever told me to study in that fashion when I was in school/university would be hugely distracting. Like I might just spend the rest of the night recovering.

I just read the book, did problems if it was math/science.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    controller in the pants, both hands down there

mario on the screen is not moving at all

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Oh hey and @Syndalis

FIDO was amazing.

Sometimes I miss the glory days.

then I remember when my local newspaper gave free shell accounts to high school students, and I got on the internet, pre-web browser when Archie and Gopher, FTP and USENet, and IRC were the primary tools.

I shut my BBS down in a month.

A couple of hardcore Wildcat SysOps kept the FIDO flame burning with Usenet gateways, but you could see the writing on the wall by 1993.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Damn, just noticed that Esh finally ate it in a H/A thread.

Didn't think that would actually ever happen. Dude was a master of pulling a Johnny Cash

are YOU on the beer list?
This discussion has been closed.